EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    What? Snowballs?

Felicity' stood in a bit of a somber stuper as a snowball accidentally hit Celandine, then two boys crashed before them and apologized. Delayed reaction, likely due to how busted up she had been inside of late.

As one of the boys held out a mask, she noticed how rattled Celandine was. Over snowballs? Snowball fights were a favorite of children in Eiskalt, though the half-neanderthal had never been able to join because of her heritage. Snowball fights had been fun, when playing with her older cousin. Was this faun really confused about something like this?

She looked at Celandine with an amused smile, "You never heard of snowball fights?"

Felicity turned to the boys. Princes, huh? How quant. Still, they seemed nice enough. She gave them a nod of acknowledgment, but nothing more.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-30-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Loremaster

EXP: 74,034, Level: 11
    Level completed: 76%, EXP required for next Level: 2,966
    Level completed: 76%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,966

GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    The Dragon and Azza entering Courtyard from the Ballroom (click here).
    Rumors of the ‘Dragon’ of many colors had spread to the courtyard before the guest himself appeared. None of the rumors mentioned a girl. This was odd, as when the Dragon emerged from the crowded ballroom into the crisp night air, he dragged a silver-haired teenager by the arm.

Perhaps some wandering eyes caught a glimpse of this scene before the pair vanished behind a towering statue of Saint Nirwecz, his great hammer looming above. No doubt it would merely add to the ever-evolving, increasingly elaborate rumors.
    Last edited by Christoph; 03-30-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lord Iverstread
    Race
    Salvic
    From the courtyard, thuds of commotion sounded from the interior of the building. Attentions directed toward the ballroom where lights of chandeliers blew out. One became two, then three, until one by own, thuds preceded extinguished lights. The warm glow of the ballroom which washed over the exterior of the courtyard faded to an eerie cool glow of a moon high in the sky. Muffled screams carried into the courtyard until suddenly, the doors to the ballroom thrust open and a howl of wind cascaded into the open air. The fresh powder which coated the ground, bushes, and statue of Iverstead lifted into a temporary blizzard. Swirls of white whistled and whipped into the distance until silence crept over the courtyard.

Blue petals of roses now lay scattered all across the courtyard with nigh but a few still attached to their thorny bushes. Beneath the statue of Iverstead, small speckles of red wisped steam into the chilled night air.

Guards rushed into the courtyard, pushing guests from their way as they quickly moved toward the two gates that lead outward to the rest of the estate. They framed the exits and crossed polearms with stern eyes staring toward the manor. No one would leave.

A murder has occurred in the Ballroom.

Althanian

EXP: 10,250, Level: 4
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 3,750
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,750

GP

Name
    Celandine
    Race
    Faun (genetically half human)
    No sooner had her fingertips settled around the frame of her mask held out by the kind prince, than the chaos erupted.

Letting out a gasp Celandine ducked down behind a bush as shrapnel flew over their heads. Blue rose petals married with glass littered over the earth and snow, scattered like ashes. Quickly she dropped her mask once more, and reached out towards her new companions to join her behind the hefty unicorn of a hedge.

"Quick!" She cried as the guards ran out. "Get down in case there is-"

True enough, more rang out, and it was like an explosion but without the combustion. Noise, mess, screams, blood - it was suddenly alive in the party and not in a good way.

"Dammit!" She growled, looking around at the grass who now trapped them within the castle. There was another figure as well now, a man who looked part beast he was so grandly clothed.

"Mother is not going to like this," Celandine confessed to her new adventuring companions. "She's ... Well." She raised her eyebrows at Felicity and wriggled them. "She's Philomel. The Matriarch, Faun of fauns, fiesty. And I'm guessing she asked you to check up on me."
    Last edited by Celandine; 03-31-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Oh no! Don't bleed! Don't bleed! Don't bleed!

Felicity leapt behind the bush next to Celandine. Terror flooded her, not because of the chaos itself, but all the glass. Blue flowers were sprinkled with shards as Felicity did her best to enter a position that would lesson her chances of bleeding. She simply could not bleed in Salvar.

Once the winds died down, guards raced around blocking the entrances. Chaos. Well, this night just got more interesting.

As Celandine rambled in concern, she looked up from the bush and into the ballroom. Shinsou?...

Felicity shuddered, looking down at the faun and nodding. "Yeah. I'm here to make sure you don't get hurt." But what about Shinsou!

Felicity looked up towards the ballroom again, peering into the chaos if guards and frightened glass. Longing to protect him was marred with her duty to Celandine. She had been here before, torn between Shinsou and something else. She had chosen the something else for a long time, only for her home to nearly perish. She was not going to make the same mistake again. Shinsou was her reason for breathing. Yet, she simply could not leave Philomel's first child.

"My mentor is in there..." She tugged at the faun's dress, turning pale in her panic over him, "I need to know he's alright!"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-31-2021 at 07:42 AM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Adventurer

EXP: 31,692, Level: 7
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 3,308
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    Azza has been hauled behind the statue by the 'dragon ' (Elijah)!

Azza’s hands and knees were still smarting from hitting the polished stone floor, but at the very least she didn’t end up on her face. Even so, it was quite the blunder to have flung every single dessert. Wait! That wasn’t the most pressing matter. The ‘dragon’ looked to be really panicked and the man beside him, a sway agent from the looks of it, was practically purple while the veins of his temples were near bursting.

Before she could apologize however, she found her arm grabbed by the ‘dragon’ and him declaring that she was his niece! That was rather doubtful, but then again stranger things have happened in family bloodlines. Adding to his story, Azza nodded her head quickly as well before being dragged out into the courtyard by him. She managed to catch the glimpse of several others - are they throwing snowballs?

Azza didn’t have much time to contemplate it as the ‘dragon’ hauled her behind a rather large marble statue. The first words out of the mouth of the man behind the dragon mask had her frowning and scrunching up her face a little. She had an inkling that he was talking about her raw aura unless he meant it as some sort of odd flirting gesture. “Thank… you?” she eventually managed after calming herself a little as well.

When the ‘dragon’ took off his mask, Azza felt a clear knock of remembrance to when she first began to become aware of the world around her. The memory itself gave her a chuckle as she looked at the man’s face. With the moonlight and the snow reflecting the dim brilliance it was more than enough for Azza to recognize the man as the one from her dreams so long ago; back when she was still fragmented and unwhole.

Though by the looks of it, he had aged. Much more so than her even though both of them had grown older. “I see that time hasn’t exactly been kind to you, has it... ?” She never get his name did she? If she did she certainly couldn't recall.

Azza didn’t get much further than that when a sudden cacophony of noise and gusting winds began to buffet the surrounding. Glass shattered, screams echoed, and above all the feeling of panic. Something in Azza’s chest tightened as she resisted the urge to use a barrier, but this was an attack, wasn’t it?

Then just as quickly it was over. Looking around the courtyard while confusion settled in, she could have sworn something rustled past her and the ‘dragon’ on the other side of the statue just as the guards began to shout to block the exits. That no one was to leave. That Lord Iverstead was dead. Glancing over to the unmasked ‘dragon,’ she whispered, “I’m guessing this isn’t normal, or is it just a Salvarian thing?”
    Last edited by orphans; 04-04-2021 at 03:28 AM.

Newcomer

EXP: 25,219, Level: 6
    Level completed: 75%, EXP required for next Level: 1,781
    Level completed: 75%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,781

GP

Name
    Jasmine
    ((for clarity's sake: blue is ZJ, red is AJ))

The young princes dropped to the ground instinctively as the howling wind exploded out of the manor doors. They looked at each other, concern clear on their faces as they got to their feet. Before they could check on the ladies, guards rushed past and took their positions at the gate.

“What the *&$%^#$*#& is going on?” AJ cursed, forgetting his manners for a moment.

“Language,” ZJ chided absentmindedly. He looked around and noted that aside from the scattered glass and rose petals, the courtyard was largely unharmed. He could hear the chaos inside the ballroom. Worry over his mother and sister clouded his blue eyes.

Mom and Siela are still in there.

I know. Stay or go?

I’ll go, you stay.

The exchange between the identical twins took no more than a few seconds of looks. It was a “language” all their own formed in toddlerhood. With a nod to each other, the boys separated. AJ approached the unicorn-shaped topiary. ZJ dusted off the last bit of snow from his shoulders and went inside the ballroom to check on his mother and sister.

“Are you ladies, alright?” AJ asked. “I think it's safe to come out, now. Sorry about the snowballs earlier. I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing. It looks like the party has just gotten quite a bit more interesting.”

AJ remains in the courtyard. ZJ moves to the ballroom

Loremaster

EXP: 74,034, Level: 11
    Level completed: 76%, EXP required for next Level: 2,966
    Level completed: 76%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,966

GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Eli and Azza. Bunnies approved.
    Glass shattered. Shouting, stomping boots. A murder! Hidden away behind the statue, the dragon and fake ‘niece’ stood still and silent for a long moment. At last, Elijah broke the silence. He elected, as was his way, to ignore the obvious bedlam erupting around them.

“So we have met?” He narrowed his eyes at the strange girl, her horns and silver hair and wings like something out of a dream. “Wait.” He scowled at what she’d said. “What do you mean time hasn’t been kind? I’m not that old!”

“Then time really hasn’t been kind.” Despite the chaos unfolding, a smirk flashed across her face.

The Dragon laughed. In spite of everything, an earnest chuckle bubbled up from his chest.

“No, they really haven’t, have they?” He sniffed, running a hand across the lines on his forehead, the scar running from his eye to jaw, and the pits of old healed blisters along his cheeks. “I know you, don’t I? From where?”

“Ah, well.” The girl shifted on her feet, wings twitching behind her. “From a dream.” She looked away. “Maybe. It was…”

“...a long time ago.” Of course. That was why he felt an instinctual drive to protect her; he had done it before, while sojourning through dreams. He smiled. “I remember you. You were a lot younger then. I spent months trying to track you down afterwards, to make sure you were okay, but I never found you.” She opened her mouth to speak, but Eli cut her off, leaning in closer.

“My employer sent me to this ball on a mission.” He slipped his mask back on, his voice dropping to a whisper. “She said I was supposed to meet someone, that I would know them.” He barked a laugh. “It must be you!”

She looked up at him, eyes wide. "W-what mission? What were you sent to do?"

He glanced about, taking stock of the scene. Shattered glass, cries of murder inside. Guards locking down the exits. He couldn't hear everything, but he caught enough panicked words to piece together the situation. A brick settled in his stomach. "Something that will get a lot harder if his lordship is dead."
    Last edited by Christoph; 04-01-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Althanian

EXP: 10,250, Level: 4
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 3,750
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,750

GP

Name
    Celandine
    Race
    Faun (genetically half human)
    "Aiden James Dracosius, son of Jasmine Dracosius, Prince of Moriah, brother to Zavernus and Siela. Your mother was an Ixian Knight for sometime, until Sei's Infamous Coup."

She was cut off from her recitation of the teal-blue haired boy's accolades as a guard shouted something over their heads. She frowned, looking up in time to see a small platoon march rapidly in double time into the ballroom. Spying through the broken windows she saw that room was in utter chaos, brought about by the murder of their very host.

"Why would someone kill him in plain view of everyone else?" She asked, frowning as she looked from Felicity to Aiden. Taking a moment she smiled anxiously before holding out her hand to the young prince.

"Celandine Vaeron, daughter of the Matriarch, Philomel Van Der Aart of the Gilded Lily. Sorry I know a lot about anyone of note. I read - a lot."

Reaching back to where she dropped her peacock mask she waited until the guards had hurried into the room, before she sat back.

"You need to find your mentor? Shinsou Vaan Osiris, right? The one she doesn't stop going on about." She rolled her eyes. Everyone and everyone's mum knew Philomel was obsessed with the Leader of the Brotherhood.

"Bah. I'm not my mum," she looked pointedly from one to the other. "And sorry for reacting like that to the snowballs. I've never seen snow."

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Frustration bit Felicity like the bite of a Salvic winter. She scowled, mentally cursing how prim and proper Celandine was. Did she have no idea of the danger here! Felicity had to find Shinsou! She had to find him now!

"I'm going to find him!" Felicity barked above the pleasantries the teens were sharing. She darted through the gardens, towards the ballroom. She once again struggled to balance in the high heels. With glass crunching beneath her steps, however, she dared not remove her shoes. In her haste, and struggle not to twist her ankle, she bolted behind a statue and found herself on the course of crashing into two more people!

Felicity grasped the statue pulling herself back. Her purple dress swooshed lavishly despite her panicked appearance. Felicity was inches from a taller, older man and a young woman with... horns? Felicity's eyes darted between the two individuals. Still clenching the statue, she took a step back, her gaze piercing past them and to the entrance. Shinsou!

"I'm sorry," Felicity muttered, not focusing on them, "At least I didn't crash into you. Heh."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 04-02-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Felicity Playlist.