EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge
    Rehtul enters the scene.

"Great, and now we're all stuck in here. I knew I should have ignored that stupid invitation. Oh no, Rehtul, it'd be rude not to send at least one emissary from the family to this Lord. Why don't you go? Enjoy yourself, have a good time! Sure, mom, why not?!" The ice mage kicked at a loose stone on the pavement of the porch overlooking the courtyard. Finally tired of wandering around under the watchful eyes of the castle guards, Rehtul stopped and leaned against one of the railings over the yard below.

"Seriously..." he muttered under his breath. "The hell were they thinking, sending me of all people?"

He felt more than saw a redheaded young woman that he recognize almost careen into a pair of people nearby. He raised an eyebrow.

"Felicity's here? Probably on some kind of errand with Shinsou, if I were to guess," he said to himself. Elsewhere was a faun who looked rather familiar to him. There was only one he had met, and that memory was fuzzy.

Without much else he could think to do, Rehtul made his way down into the courtyard, white coat flapping in the slight breeze.

"Oi, Felicity! What're you doing here?" He was loud enough that anyone nearby would be able to overhear him.

Adventurer

EXP: 31,692, Level: 7
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 3,308
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    In the past several minutes Azza had interacted with more people than the several hours she had spent eating and wandering around the ballroom proper. The woman who nearly crashed into her and the ‘dragon’ was saying her apologies to then try and run off again. It was true that Azza did recognize the ‘dragon’s’ face, but she didn’t exactly want to be left alone with him either. “Wait! They’re locking everything down. What’s the rush?”

The sudden question gave the fiery-haired woman a second to pause as her sight darted back and forth between Azza and the ballroom. Figuring she had a few seconds she answered, “My mentor came here for business, and I wanted to keep him safe. So, I came. And I regret every second of it."

“Oh, me too! Well, my mentor dragged me here and then disappeared - apparently she was going to meet the lord in his room, but I don’t think that’s happening now.”

Off to the side her ‘masked’ savior just looked at the obviously agitated woman and Azza with what felt like exasperation in its purest form. “You’re really light-hearted about all this aren’t you? Did no one at this party attend on their own initiative?"

Just as Azza was about to respond another voice called out; one that Azza could have sworn she had heard before years ago. "Oi, Felicity! What're you doing here?" Oh, so that was her name?

Whatever was happening in the mansion right now Azza felt that she was probably better off not experiencing it especially with the numerous Sway agents and guards now arriving on scene. “Well, it’s been grand and all, but I guess like Felicity I should probably find my mentor too.” Grinning at the ‘dragon’ she offered, “And uh, I guess good luck with your mission.” With that and a small wave Azza excused herself to head towards the nearby walls as quietly as she could, but by Coil’s Breath she couldn’t remember snow sounding this crunchy.

Azza had only jumped up onto the wall to begin ‘climbing’ before she felt a hand grab her ankle and yank her back. She yelped as she fell onto someone just as a group of guards rounded the corner. A quick twist of her body and head later and she caught sight of a very familiar mask again. “Oh you wanted to come too?”

Newcomer

EXP: 25,219, Level: 6
    Level completed: 75%, EXP required for next Level: 1,781
    Level completed: 75%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,781

GP

Name
    Jasmine
    Aiden chuckled and rubbed the back of his head with one hand, “Yep, that’s me, AJ. Though don’t mention the Knights to Mom. She thinks of them as something of a black spot on the family history.”

He paused to think, muttering to himself while Celandine addressed Felicity, “Pretty bold to make such a move amidst so many people. I’d be interested to know how the killer got their weapon past the door. Sounds like one of the chandeliers fell, so maybe they used that as a distraction?”

He looked up quickly as Felicity made her sudden departure. He looked after her quizzically for a moment. Then turned his attention back to Celandine.

“Celandine,” he repeated to help cement the name in his mind, “that’s a lovely name. I didn’t know my family was in books elsewhere in the world. Wait, never seen snow?”

The idea shocked him. Being from a tropical island, he’d never had the opportunity to play in it, but his parents had told him stories of playing in the snow at other times of their lives, so it wasn’t completely foreign to him. Where could she be from that snow was that much of a novelty?

“It seems there’s quite the hullabaloo going on inside. Did you want to go see what it’s about? Or would you like to learn how to make the perfect snowball or a snowman?”

If he had his pick, AJ would go for playing in the snow. Murder mysteries sounded like grown-up work and he was much more interested in being a teenager playing in the snow. However, he was not without manners and would defer to his company.

Loremaster

EXP: 74,034, Level: 11
    Level completed: 76%, EXP required for next Level: 2,966
    Level completed: 76%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,966

GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Too many people. Too loud. Some other stranger had called in their direction, and now the silver-haired, horned girl was trying to run off and get herself killed.

Elijah grabbed her by the ankle and she fell. Onto him. They crashed into a heap on the frozen ground. A cluster of household guards and Sway agents continued on by, vanishing through a side door into the manor. With the coast clear, he released the breath he’d held. It came out in a long, aggravated sigh.

“You…” He pushed the girl off of him and regained his feat, brushing off dirt and snow. His masked face turned to regard the red-haired newcomer, apparently named Felicity. “Both of you, are so loud.”

Azza picked herself up as well. “I’ve been pretty quiet…”

“Not your voice.” He breathed deep and opened the eyes behind his eyes. His gaze pierced the aether. The silver-haired one still blazed like a sunrise. Felicity, on the other hand, churned like a thunderstorm. Arcs of energy coursing through her very essence. Cracking, flashing, roaring. He blinked, bringing his vision back to the material plane.

“Listen to me.” The Dragon’s voice whispered like a sword through the air. “I don’t know either of you.” He shrugged at the silver-haired girl from a decade-old dream. “For the most part.But you are both in terrible danger. You don’t know this place. The lord of the manor is dead and his guards and the agents of the Ethereal Sway are on high alert. You are both magically gifted, but your powers scream in the aether. The Sway will see it. I need to get you both…”

“Ahem, if I may…” It was the man who had called out to Felicity. Blue hair, scholarly in both garb and physique, and clearly nosy. Three strikes right away.

“No,” Elijah snapped from behind the mask. “The last thing I need is…” He trailed off as residual traces of the aether filtered into his eyes. He caught a glimpse of the man’s aura. Cold, sharp, still. And, thank the gods, quiet. “Is anyone at this party not a mage?”

Althanian

EXP: 10,250, Level: 4
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 3,750
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,750

GP

Name
    Celandine
    Race
    Faun (genetically half human)
    "Oh I learn quickly," she admitted, "I can read books quite fast, and generally have good muscle memory. And a good memory," she shrugged a little, smiling and proud of her ability that was in truth a goddess' blessing but could be explained by natural skill. "My mother has access to the universities and best libraries of Radasanth. I have used it to my benefit."

She shifted, frowning as she watched Felicity scarper away. The other people in the courtyard, now very visible over the shorter shrubberies, seemed to be just as disturbed as everyone else. She stood up taller, at least as much as her short height would allow and adjusted her skirts to hide the goat legs which would surely cause too much trouble. Pursing her lips she looked at the ballroom, trying to think of if she had dreamt of anything last night that could hint at this chaos.

Moving to the side sightly she caught an image through the window of a chandelier that had collapsed, spilling fine crystal pieces over the floor and out through the window to the Courtyard. She frowned a moment as a flash of a dead body dressed in a sheet and someone howling tears over it came to her. Lightly she gasped.

"It's true. The host of this palace is dead! Gosh! We should head in, yes."

Then she looked at her new adventuring companion, smiling at him and then spotting a blue-haired new person. She tilted her head, thinking him interesting. In a louder voice she said so that all could hear:

"Although making a snowman perhaps would be rather fun first."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Murder. There had been a murder.

No sooner had the chandelier begun to crash than Stare was bodily swept up in a flurry of fabric and arms, her patron and employer picking her up with no words but a sharp gasp. The world tilted, it moved and measured and swung, and they were suddenly stepping through the void of reality from where they had been idly standing silent and unknown at the side of the ballroom to a point beyond. Outside. In the snow, where the tall building of the palace was now in the distance and the sound of panic and guards could be heard calamitous.

Pushing herself away from his strong arms, Stare the kenku turned to glare at the white-haired elegant form of the god trapped in human form, whose instinct had only been to protect her.

"Vitruvion!" She yelled at him like a disappointed mother. "What - what did you do?"

"Got us out of there," he frowned, confused, gesturing at the large house surrounded by white. Snow still fell and he was sure some of it would be soon blossoming red with blood. "There was a murder, in case you did not notice, dearest."

She shook her head furiously. "Yes, I get you got us out of danger, but - but we're miles away!" She turned to stare at the building, her brow furrowing low over her eyes and her beak snapping with annoyance.

"You didn't even give me a chance to See!"

"Forgive me," the god frowned, folding his arms over his chest. Indeed, these days they treated each other as equals but it still did not stop his desire to protect her above all else. "There was a bloody chandelier falling from the ceiling, in case you didn't notice. I'm sorry for you know getting you out of danger."

"Take us back!" She growled, turning back to him and half ascending his body to get back into his arms. "We're the best solution to finding the murderer and you know it. I can literally see if they're guilty."

"You make a lot of demands these days," the god frowned heavily, but he eagerly wrapped his arms around her. He waited a moment, watching the guards take up positions about the walls as tiny pinpricks above the battlements.

"Go," she prodded him in the chest with a scaley claw.

He chuckled a little and then warped reality once more, transporting them from that little snow-topped hill directly into the courtyard before the glass doors leading to the ballroom.

"Howdy," said the dark-feathered bird shrugging down from the immaculate and beautiful pale humanoid. "Whose dead? We're here to help."
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity turned around to see a very familiar face. A welcomed, friendly face when her world was so cruel and cold. "Rehtul!"

A strand of hair slipped over and away from her eye scar as she ran up to the ice mage and eagerly hugged him.

"Is anyone at this party not a mage?”

Felicity let go of Rehtul and turned to the masked man, snark edging through her voice, "I am far from a mage," she whispered, "But what powers I do have, I can't control very well." Felicity tilted her head towards Rehtul, "He knows."

Felicity did take an anxious look around before returning her attention to the conversation, "I've been to Salvar before. The Sway is far from hospitable. The only reason I'm here now is because of my mentor, and meeting Rehtul here is the one thing keeping me from regretting it."
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge
    Rehtul struggled not to let his spine snap in Felicity's grasp. When she finally let him go in order to answer the masked man standing in front of her, he frowned. Apparently everyone here was either affected by or actively studied magic. He stroked his chin as he thought of how best to word his response, but then thought better of it. If his intuition was correct, he'd need more proof before he'd bring it up to anyone else. Besides, he wasn't sure he could trust the man in front of him.

He shrugged before turning to Felicity, "So do you know these two?" He then turned his attention to the unmasked one and kind of just stared at her for a few moments.

"You're not that young lady that used to follow that immortal pain in the ass around, are you? What was the name... Azza?"

Adventurer

EXP: 31,692, Level: 7
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 3,308
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    It was only happenstance that the man's name was Rehtul, right? What seemed to be eons ago now, Azza had called someone 'Uncle Rehtul' once upon a time. There was never much interaction between them and as such he was just another 'uncle' or 'auntie' in the Ixian Castle to Azza. But when the blue haired mage turned to her and mentioned the person who could only be her adoptive father and then her name without being told, the young woman was sure of it.

Azza let out an embarrassed laugh as she rubbed the back of her neck lightly. "Yeah. It's been a long time hasn't it, Uncle Rehtul?" Glancing towards the ballroom to take stock of the pandemonium, Azza returned her attention to Rehtul again with a wistful smile. “There’s a lot I’d like to ask, but I don’t think this is the time for it.” Several more soldiers marched out with one of them directing the others. From the looks of it they were beginning to comb the gardens and courtyard.

Looking at everyone else, she shrugged. “It’s probably our last chance to run and not get caught up in all this mess.” Then again, if Rehtul’s luck was anything like the other Ixian’s she knew, they were already probably knee-deep in the muck.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Confused and uncertain the two beings looked to one another, the crow and the humanoid god exchanging cursory glances and then a grunt. There was action, and life, and almost too much of it that that they were ignored, becoming nothing but another figure amongst the snow-capped hedges.

"If there are no clues here," Stare said, "I suggest we head to elsewhere to see who might be guilty."

Lightly, she tugged on Vitruvion's sleeve. "Let us go elsewhere and see if anyone knows of someone who would wish to harm the man."

As they stepped away from the scattered group in the courtyard they saw the panic calming in the ballroom. The woman who had initially screamed about her lord dying wasn't oblivious. The guests still walked and ran, to keep everyone at bay, but there was so many capable mages here.

"Who would benefit from his death? Does he have an heir?" Stare asked.

"We need to interview staff," the white-haired man said, starting towards the ballroom. His cane rapped on the floor. She followed quickly with some dignity and determination. "With those who gave him food and those who cooked tonight. Do we even know how he died?"

Stare and Vitruvion head to the ballroom to interview staff.
    Last edited by Stare; 04-30-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."