Murder. There had been a murder.

No sooner had the chandelier begun to crash than Stare was bodily swept up in a flurry of fabric and arms, her patron and employer picking her up with no words but a sharp gasp. The world tilted, it moved and measured and swung, and they were suddenly stepping through the void of reality from where they had been idly standing silent and unknown at the side of the ballroom to a point beyond. Outside. In the snow, where the tall building of the palace was now in the distance and the sound of panic and guards could be heard calamitous.

Pushing herself away from his strong arms, Stare the kenku turned to glare at the white-haired elegant form of the god trapped in human form, whose instinct had only been to protect her.

"Vitruvion!" She yelled at him like a disappointed mother. "What - what did you do?"

"Got us out of there," he frowned, confused, gesturing at the large house surrounded by white. Snow still fell and he was sure some of it would be soon blossoming red with blood. "There was a murder, in case you did not notice, dearest."

She shook her head furiously. "Yes, I get you got us out of danger, but - but we're miles away!" She turned to stare at the building, her brow furrowing low over her eyes and her beak snapping with annoyance.

"You didn't even give me a chance to See!"

"Forgive me," the god frowned, folding his arms over his chest. Indeed, these days they treated each other as equals but it still did not stop his desire to protect her above all else. "There was a bloody chandelier falling from the ceiling, in case you didn't notice. I'm sorry for you know getting you out of danger."

"Take us back!" She growled, turning back to him and half ascending his body to get back into his arms. "We're the best solution to finding the murderer and you know it. I can literally see if they're guilty."

"You make a lot of demands these days," the god frowned heavily, but he eagerly wrapped his arms around her. He waited a moment, watching the guards take up positions about the walls as tiny pinpricks above the battlements.

"Go," she prodded him in the chest with a scaley claw.

He chuckled a little and then warped reality once more, transporting them from that little snow-topped hill directly into the courtyard before the glass doors leading to the ballroom.

"Howdy," said the dark-feathered bird shrugging down from the immaculate and beautiful pale humanoid. "Whose dead? We're here to help."