EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

Reporting a bug....

Hey folks maybe this is just something in the back end but me and some others been noticing a weird issue.

Using Google Chrome browser I (And some others) have noticed we're constantly getting logged out.

I'm not sure if this is Chrome or something going on the back end but I'd thought I'd let you guys know as a bug report type of thing.

Also is there a fix for this glitch up? I attempted to reset my cookies to see if that makes the site more stable. So far it's holdin' up.

If you guys can offer any info would be a big help kthanx.

~Pav

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Bug part two...

Okay so as a follow up to the initial bug report I notice that the whatever glitch is going on is still in effect.

I'm not sure if it's something on Google Chrome's end but resetting the cookies does not work. I am still frequently getting logged off the site. It's more than a little annoying that the remember me option is not working. I'm asking if you guys have any fixes I can try on my end or if there is any updated information on this? I refuse to use Edge. So you guys know I'm on an HP laptop windows 11 (Yeah thats right mfer's Im being nice for the kids hahah) and my browser is Google Chrome. Either way folks is there anything I can do on my end? OH if it matters at all I got a modem set up upgrade recently. Let me know what's what.

So you guys understand what's going on, I'm frequently getting logged off the site and having to log back in.

It's annoying more than anything else, but I wanted to know if there was a fix I could try. Thanks so much all stay safe.

~Pav

Althanian

EXP: 10,250, Level: 4
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 3,750
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,750

GP

Name
    Celandine
    Race
    Faun (genetically half human)
    Hi Pav

I think we had a look before when you first brought it up and couldn't see anything. But will see if we can do anything. Have you tried logging in with another browser?

Phi

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Ill try using Althanas on Edge primarily to see if the bug persists.

Thanks for the response I'm trying to figure out if the persisting bug is on my end or not. I will try it on edge for science purposes.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    okay guys update.

On Edge the bug is actually a lot worse.

I think it's the remember me button acting weird or something from what I can tell. I'm a little tech savvy myself, so I noticed on Edge right? It would just not log me in at all. Pretty sure the remember me thing is acting a little wonky atm.

I'm currently on Chrome now since it wouldnt let me log on at all on Edge. Just giving you lovely folks the low down on all this stuff.

I tried resetting the cookies that didn't work for too long. The bug persists. I have it narrowed down to some weird behavior with the remember me thingy if that at all helps.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I'm sorry to hear you're having those issues, Pav. I was using Edge for quite a while last evening and I've been navigating on Chrome for a bit now and haven't been booted at all on PC. There's several different things you could take a look at on your end for the booting that could help. I'll list some stuff you could look at, but if none of those things cure what you're dealing with, then just PM me and we'll go into other things.

Like:

You said you cleared cookies, so I'm assuming you cleared the cache too. If not, then do that for the booting. Log in from the forum page and not the home page overall and hit "Remember me" on the upper right and try that for the remember me thing. Edit: Rehtul mentioned in his experience to use the main log in rather than the one in the upper right for "Remember me" also. You could try that. I don't ever use the remember me thing. Lol

Take a look at your privacy, security and history (cookies settings) settings and make sure everything is running the site properly. Extensions being used could be conflicting too. Memory could cause hiccups. There's been instances where browsers get corrupted to where a fresh download and install is needed. There's some other stuff too, but try looking at any of that first and see where it goes. Again, just PM me if none of that helps.
    Last edited by Tyr; 08-07-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Okay bro thanks for the head's up.

I am testing the changes for now. I did clear my whole history/etc today it's been a while since I did that. I did have an extension I'm using that I disabled for the site as well to see if that helps. I'm gonna try to remember not using the home-page from now on.

I think that may be causing the bug on my end.

I'll also remember not to use the remember me button going forard.

I'll keep you guys up to date if the issue still persists. I think it should not at this point.

Keep in mind guys, I'm using Windows 11 at this point so that may have something to do with the bug.

11 is still very new and it doesn't play friendly with some apps/etc.

But yeah thanks so much for the help bro. I'll update further if the bug persists but I attempted every fix you suggested. Here goes nothing! I'll update if there's any further developments with the bug. Peace bro!

~Pav

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    yo guys HEADS UP, after some digging around on the Vbulletins actual support forum I found something interesting...I had to make sure Java for Vbulletins was enabled, as well as all cookies. I more or less sorted this stuff and I think I resolved the issue I was having. As I had suspected initially, something with the remember me button wonked out. I have since done all of the tests that both Tyr and Ailsa have suggested. Making sure that Java was enabled and allowed for the whole site seems to have fixed up my issue. Again, I think this is a Windows setting or something, not quite sure about that though. I'll continue to dig up answers if the issue persists, I've been logged off a few more times since the fixes I attempted today. Once again for anybody else having this small issue occur, try to make SURE that Java is enabled. Its MY understanding Vbulletin sites requires Java enabled to function correct. If I find out anything else, I'll report it to you guys for science purposes. Thanks so much for all of your help so far gang stay safe. If I find out more, I'll pass messages along to you guys.

~Pav

Althanian

EXP: 10,250, Level: 4
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 3,750
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,750

GP

Name
    Celandine
    Race
    Faun (genetically half human)
    I'm going to point Dirks in the direction of this conversation, but thanks Pav. We have discussed as staff and Tyr is passing on advice that we can suggest. Dirks knows about the issue though.

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Hey Pavel, I just made a few changes to the settings. You should be able to log in from althanas.com or althanas.com/world now and the cookie should save. I also extended the inactivity timeout for an ordinary login from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Yes, you need to have Java/JavaScript enabled to use vBulletin. Let me know if you have any other issues.