EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile

repeating a couple of old suggestions

i made these suggestions a while ago and i wanted to make them again because i think they're dope ideas and would help with activity.

i want to suggest an augmentation to the althanas reward/ic progression system. before i get into it though, i want to make it clear that i don't want my suggestion to replace completed thread rewards. i think it should be in addition to existing rewards.

1. every time you make a post in an ic sub forum, you should be automatically given a small amount of xp. no matter how small your ic post is, you should get xp. if you're posting in a thread, you're keeping the site alive and attracting new players. you should be rewarded immediately.

2. if you post ic mon-sun, every day, seven days in a row... then on sunday (or w/e day works) you get a fat wedge of xp as a reward for being active af.

i have tons more dope suggestions, but this is my best one. if this one gets implemented i'll drop my next set of wild suggestions. thanks for reading my dudes.

p.s. bring back pgs and hqs.
    terrrrrible.jpg

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hey Gum.

Thanks for these suggestions!

I'll respond point by point on these:

1. every time you make a post in an ic sub forum, you should be automatically given a small amount of xp. no matter how small your ic post is, you should get xp. if you're posting in a thread, you're keeping the site alive and attracting new players. you should be rewarded immediately.
    Adding EXP the instant that someone posts in character is going to be a bit of an administrative headache for us. Our EXP system depends entirely on manual entry at our end, and it would require that one of the staff be online at the exact time you have posted to be able to do it. I'll look into this further but right now I can't see an automatic EXP hack for the site that will deal with both your suggestion AND our current levelling system.

I do have a counter-idea, which involves a daily EXP bonus rather than a post by post bonus. It means that we can issue EXP for all in character posts during a day instead of at the time they were posted, but means you would get rewards quickly. It would be a lot easier for us to see which members have posted IC in a day than a minute-by-minute audit. I am discussing this with the other administrators now.

2. if you post ic mon-sun, every day, seven days in a row... then on sunday (or w/e day works) you get a fat wedge of xp as a reward for being active af.
    A much easier idea to implement. Again I am discussing this with the team at the moment.

p.s. bring back pgs and hqs.
    We've always said we would look into this again when activity and demand justify it. Right now, we're on the up but not quite there I think. If anyone wants me to look at these again and there is clamour around the board for it, then I'm down.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou Vaan Osiris View Post
    Hey Gum.

Thanks for these suggestions!
    my dude. thank you for your kind reply!

I do have a counter-idea
    i'm listening...

which involves a daily EXP bonus
    alright man, sounds good. if it was an end of the day thing as long as it was still multiplied for the amount of posts then that's cool.

i think anything that keeps us using the site will help attract more people. i understand it's hard for new people to find the site, but when they do, they might see that there's very little activity and move on. but if we're all heavily incentivised to make a daily post then maybe we can get activitiy up. even if it's just fluff ic content, at least it's something.

another incentive could be gp per post in addition to xp.

we need a baseline of activity to convert new visitors into engaged memebers.
    terrrrrible.jpg

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Agree with this. I've been keeping an eye month to month on forum posts per day. When I first started looking mid october, we were at 15 posts a day. Now we are averaging 35. The trend is going up but there is much more work to do because a lot of those posts are from alts rather than new traffic.

Either way thougj, first goal is to get people engaged, as you say. Still talking with Rehtul and Tyr about the ideas above but keep hitting us with suggestions.