The sensitive girl.
    The great red flow.
    The hybrid abomination.
    The one who yearned for glory.
    The one who yearned for love.

Rhyolite.

Solo.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The Love Letter.

Felicity put the pen down, taking another quick glance around. Good. Nobody was here. In the lightly wooded area of the outside firepit, Felicity looked up to the dancing embers before looking down at the letter placed flat against a smooth wooden board. Felicity had written this with the intention of burning.

She blushed. She had to get these emotions out somehow! Refusing to confess it with her lips, she at least wrote it down. In poetry form at that. It was sappy, cheesy, and Felicity was quite disappointed in herself for writing this abomination of a love letter, love poem. She slouched, gazing upon the words as she deeply sighed. She simply hated all these confusing thoughts and feelings swirling in her head. Writing it down had helped, and she knew this letter would never reach his eyes. But did it have to suck so much?

"Miss Felicity!"

"Eep!" Felicity yelped, completely flinging the letter and pen away as the turned to see Kylie standing behind her. "Rylie!"

The teifling child crossed her arms, her tail swishing in affectionate irritation. "Kylie."

Felicity smirked. She purposefully said the name wrong due to affection. She kept calling her Rylie by mistake when she and Leoric had saved her mere weeks ago. Even though she completely knew her name right now, the nickname stuck. As the purple sky grew darker, Kylie pointed up to the sky. "The stars are pretty."

Felicity looked up to the stars, noticing the twinkling lights dim against the faintly glowing sky. Felicity smiled, feeling warmth and affection towards Kylie as well as wonder at the nature of stars.

She heard paper rustle.

Felicity looked down to see Kylie holding a piece of paper. Panic arose inside, "Kylie! I'm burning that!"

Kylie tilted her head, not reading the letter, before walking over to the fire and tossing the paper in. As a swish of flame arose in the dim firepit, Felicity sighed a breath of relief. Good. Thank goodness she didn't read it!

Kylie walked over to the log Felicity was sitting on and merrily sat beside her. "Why? What was on the paper?"

Felicity felt her face flushing again. Despite the cold of the coming night, Felicity felt hot and claustrophobic. "Nothing! Just - just jumbled thoughts I needed to write out."

Kylie raised an eyebrow, "You're acting defensive."

That familiar anger response sparked. Felicity rose to her feet, throwing her arm, "I'm not defensive! What are you talking about! - Oh, I'm going inside!"

Felicity turned and hastily ran inside, stepping on and crunching the pen that had been cast on the ground...

... Kylie waited until she was sure Felicity would not come out, then pulled the real letter out from her dress pocket. It was becoming too dark to read, but Kylie knew exactly what this was. She had seen it in one of her precognitive dreams. Felicity wrote this with passion, a letter of romantic affection to Kylie's father, Leoric Blackwell.

Kylie giggled. What a shock for both of them, the day Leoric randomly pulled this out from a random crevice on his property. Kylie slipped off of the log of the fire pit and darted towards the training grounds where Leoric and Felicity trained, worked out, and sparred. Fireflies danced in the evening as the purple sky faded to dim, dark zaffre. At last, Kylie ran up to one of the lesser used training dummies and stuffed Felicity's letter into a small notch of the arm and body connector. It would not be noticeable at all, until Leoric performed a maintenance check up.

Kylie jumped up and down, laughing. Her plan was working! She just knew these two were destined for each other! All they needed was a push-

-"Kylie! Time to come in! Where are you, girlie?"

Kylie turned around, shouting to her father, "Coming, daddy!"

She ran back to the direction of the house, leaving the discovery of the letter to fate...

~~~

Leoric Blackwell,

Well, I suck at writing lyrics. I knew some people who dabbled in poetry and stuff, but I didn't write much myself. This is new, this is tense, and this is coming from my heart. My stupid heart. I can't say it out loud. I have loyalties to Whitevale and Shinsou, I can't just leave them for you.

But Leoric, you'll never hear me say this, but I love you. Like, romantically. I love you. I hate it, but I love you. I love your sense of humor, I love your softer side with Kylie and me, I love how despite having been through so much, you keep living. You're disciplined in martial arts, but you're relaxed as a person. I know it's strange, but I admire you.

Sure, I hate that you're a womanizing drunkard, but I hate it because I want you to look at only me. And drinking alcohol the way you do is very unhealthy, it shortens your lifespan and gives you plenty of health problems. I want you to stop because I care. Please stop. I need you to stop...

I hate that you're overconfident, but I love that you're confident. You know how to have a good time, but you're serious when it needs to be. And you're such a good father figure to Kylie. When I leave, she's in good care. Please take care of her, I love her too. I know you will, you're really gentle and soft when it counts. I felt it, and it made me fall for you, you idiot!

And yes, it's embarrassing, but I think you're smoking hot. I mean, it's hard not to find a really tall and physically fit guy attractive. And your eyes and skin contrast so beautifully. Your eyes are like ice crystals and your skin is like a soothing, warm beverage... I mean, you could smell better, if you actually cleaned up after working out and dropped the drinking. That haircut just made you look a lot better too. Man, you're handsome! And your a- thayne, I should stop now.

But do you love me? Would you? After all the comments you've made on my forehead and stuff? I don't think you do. So, I guess I'll leave soon. But... I love you. I love you so much. I love you. And I wish you a long, good life where you find something more than what you've been. I know you're a good person, Leoric. I want you to be a better person. And I love that good person I know you are.

Okay, here's a sappy love song or something. Good thing I'm burning this letter, this will be awful. But, I guess, I'm writing from my heart. So... Here, I guess.

~ Signed, with a wrecked and wretched heart,
    Felicity Rhyolite.

Are we the same?
    Bastard children in the way
    Cast to dirt and lived in shame
    Of course we are one in the same

But I wanted to be a hero, yeah?
    You just didn't care or have any plans
    It hurts, doesn't it? Being alone
    I've been so alone, felt so cold

I crave you
    I hate you

But when I'm with you, I feel alive
    When you're snarky and energetic, it makes everything fine
    When I'm with you, I feel like I'm appreciated
    You pay attention to me, but I'm so jaded

You're the best trainer, you're a good teacher
    But in the bars you drink away and leave me feeling a bitter fever
    Put that glass down, please don't look at that girl
    I bet you think I'm ugly, with all the insults you've hurled

What would it take for you to love me?
    I hate being me, but I'm the only me I can be
    Remember I told her not to be ashamed of who you are
    But if you don't like me? It leaves another scar

And speaking of scars, I know I've struck you
    I hate it because I myself have been abused
    Is it a reaction I learned from those psychopaths?
    I'm so sorry for every time I hit you, I deserve your wrath

I need you
    I despise you

You make me angry, you make me happy
    You flatter me, you drive me crazy
    You hurt me, you heal me
    Which side of you is actually deceiving?

How dare you make me feel like this! It's evil!
    What on earth possessed my heart to chase you of all people!
    A debauching luster, an obnoxious drunkard
    I'm just another pretty chic, aren't I? Lack lustered

But, oh, I remember your kindness
    You never once forsook me in my weakness
    You still look at me, you care when I'm down
    You fill my empty bucket with enough compassion to drown

You're patient when we train
    You're gentle when from nightmares I wake
    You encourage me when I'm afraid
    And every time I'm left in a daze

I loathe you
    I love you

I want you. I want to be with you. I'm saddened
    Can't we just stay with Kylie forever in this cabin?
    But duty calls me, and I'm sure you appall me
    I have to move on, but my heart and body are longing

I crave you
    I hate you
    I need you
    I despise you
    I loathe you
    I love you
    I love you
    I love you
    I love you so much...

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Loyalty.

I was lost, all alone
    Stumbling through darkness, couldn't build a new road
    But you saw something in me
    That had you chasing

You said you believe in what I can do
    You didn't recruit me because I could lose
    Despite all my failures in my memories
    What possessed you to choose me?

I believe in you
    Like you believe in me
    I know I trust in you
    You have my loyalty

My weakness makes a mockery
    Of the strength you saw when we first met
    My wretched past comes back to haunt me
    You bring back my strength and guide my steps

A dim green light turns, burns to red
    You gave me a home and a purpose
    You see both my strength and intelligence
    You sense some kind of potential, some kind of resurgence

I believe in you
    Like you believe in me
    I'd easily die for you
    You have my loyalty

I give my life to protect you
    Like I failed to protect my family before
    I give my trust and will see this through
    You gave me a new life, hope restored

I believe in you
    Like you believe in me
    I give all my prowess and energy to you
    You have my undying loyalty

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The Protector

You thought you could dare challenge me
    Wait til you realize what I can bring
    The moment you messed with me you sealed your fate
    The moment you messed with my family you were sentenced to triple more the pain

Did you think it was easy fighting me, now
    Did you think you could beat me somehow?
    That's laughable, cause I'm your worst nightmare
    You're fallible, try and fight me if you dare

My life has been endless pain, my life has been a war
    My mind is a constant fray, I've been through this all before
    I have felt and seen things that would leave you squirmish
    My internal war has toughened me to drop kick this puny skirmish

How dare you threaten what I love
    How dare you draw my blood
    How dare you ever so slightly test me
    How dare you try to cage what's free

You're getting it now, you'll see what I'm made of
    Bones of adamantine and deadly nuclear blood
    I have the strength of giants, I have the skill of veterans
    The moment you messed with my family you were sentenced to a fate so wretched

The end has come, you cannot run
    I burn like the sun, your reign is done
    Goodbye, so long, I left you in a puddle
    That's what you get for all you've done, hope it was worth your trouble

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Mother Bear.

The girl stumbled down the road crying. Her tears slipped down her blue cheeks as her hands clenched her horns. Back heaving, the child walked discombobulated into the entryway of the inn if the town her family was in. They were on their first day staying in a town near New Brookshaven. It was nothing like her home, and today proved that.

The girl shuddered, scuffling towards a tree in a patch of vegetation and curling up under it. She was used to rejection, she was used to mistreatment. She had thought, however, that those days were behind her. She wanted her daddy to come, right now, and concile her. She wanted him to walk out of his cabin number and hold her.

"Kylie?"

That was not the voice of her daddy.

Kylie sniffled, looking up to see her father's significant other, Felicity Rhyolite, carrying a basket of herbs. She looked deeply concerned, running up to the teifling with wide eyes. "Kylie! What's the matter?"

Kylie huddled into a ball as the short, stout woman knelt down, placing her basket aside. Her pants were drenched in mud and soil, and her blue shirt was splotched with stains of gardening. The aroma of rich herbs and healthy soils were in the air as she leaned forward, reaching up with a grubby hand and wiping the tears from her eyes - and getting wet dirt on her face.

Kylie shivered, unable to respond for a moment. Foul memories of the morning rolled in her mind as she looked up to the redhead before her, "I... they..."

Felicity flopped into a more comfortable sitting position, waiting in nervous patience.

Kylie gulped, forcing her tight throat to emit noise, "I-I met some kids in to-own square."

Felicity nodded, still wiping her face.

"They-" Her tears doubled again. She struggled so hard not to burst out crying again, forcing it out, "-They said I looked stupid! Said my horns are weird and my skin looks too much like-"

Felicity gasped, reaching forward and placing her hand over her mouth. The girl squeaked, looking up to the woman who seemed to be processing ten million different emotions at once. Kylie reached out with her telepathy and tried to brush her mind. She was bombarded with feelings of shame, anger, injustice, sadness, bitterness, and a protective bonfire so hot Kylie had to yank her mind from the flames. As Kylie blinked herself back to the physical world, she saw the look of stress and confliction written on Felicity's face. Looking down, she saw her fist clenched tightly shut, red. Tears slipped down her face as she closed her eyes. Pulling her hand away from her mouth, she leaned back and practiced deep breathing.

Kylie waited, silent and anxious.

After long last, Felicity opened her eyes. Her face had a veiled calm as she slowly blinked, "They can take their words and throw them into the jaws of an angry drave."

Kylie gulped. Felicity reached forward and continued to wipe her face dry. "I told you, never be ashamed of who you are. Those immature bullies should not change that."

Gently, Felicity took Kylie's hand. She stood up, pulling her up with her. Standing under the tree, Felicity smiled, "Hey, I heard the bakery has a special on apple fritters today. Want one?"

~~~

Kylie shoved the last of her apple fritter into her mouth as she walked beside Felicity in the town square. Felicity held her hand, leading her downtown.

"Whewe we goin'?" Kylie mumbled as she loudly chewed.

Felicity turned with a fond smile, "Almost there." Felicity then demolished her own pastry as the walked up to the window of a clothing store. Gorgeous dresses, pretty hats, and laced slippers were organized in a brilliant display at the front window. Felicity took Kylie's shoulders and placed her at a certain place in the window. As Kylie swallowed the last of her treat, she noticed that through the reflection, it looked like she was wearing a lovely bright blue dress with darker blue lacing.

"Do you think you look beautiful?"

Kylie looked up to Felicity leaning against the wall of the building, "Looking through the reflection, do you look dazzling?"

Kylie slowly turned her gaze to the window. She still hated her horns poking out. She reached and used her hands to block the reflection, "Now I do."

"Oh?" Felicity's voice had an edge to it, "You think that if you wear this or change that, you'll look beautiful?"

Kylie gulped, choking up. "Yeah..."

"Well, you don't need it."

Kylie turned to see Felicity pushing herself off the wall. She took Kylie's hand and pulled her inside. As the bell rung, she heard the shopkeeper yelp then roar, "Hey! You're tracking dirt everyone!"

Felicity paid no mind as she whisked Kylie in front of a full view mirror. Kylie stood in front of her true reflection. Her blue skin, purple eyes, and ridiculous horns. She wore a simple white dress, muddied and stained. It looked awful. Felicity lowered herself to her knees. Both were in front of the mirror. Felicity took Kylie's shoulder.

"I tried hiding." Felicity spoke, "I would wear hoods to hide my hair. More recently, I wore headbands."

Kylie looked back to Felicity wearing headbands when they first met. It was so commonplace, Kylie was shocked when she stopped wearing them. Was this why?

"No matter how hard I tried, it was never enough." Felicity continued, "I was never happy. I was ashamed. Ashamed of how I looked, my neanderthal genes, and everything that came with it."

Felicity leaned closer to Kylie, "I was treated with hostility ever since I was born. I was taught shame growing up, and it got to my head. Kylie..."

Kylie held her breathe as Felicity demanded, "Do not dare let it get to your head."

Kylie shuddered, still looking at her reflection.

"I was a hypocrite when I told you to not be ashamed then," Felicity confessed, "But not now. Now, I can tell you with confidence that the only way to be happy is to accept what and who you truly are."

Tears started to blind Kylie's vision. Her reflection blurred. How...

"You don't need fancy dresses or pretty bows." Felicity pushed, "You have no need to change your appearance, or wish you were born different. It only leads to more doubt and misery. Accept it today, accept yourself for yourself. And be proud of it. Don't you listen to the degenerates who say otherwise, their opinions don't matter. Only the truth."

Felicity gave Kylie a tight yet gentle hug, "Child, never be ashamed of who you are."

Kylie turned to Felicity as she burst out crying. She wrapped her arms around her in a deep hug, Felicity returned it. As Kylie bawled, Felicity picked her up and carried her away. It felt like a mother, nursing and loving her daughter. Kylie closed her eyes in this unfamiliar comfort. Was Felicity right?

Eventually, Kylie had stopped crying. Felicity took a handkerchief and started wiping her tears. As Kylie loudly sniffled, Felicity was ever kind and supportive. Eventually, Kylie realized that they were on a bench in town square. Felicity's arm was wrapped around her as she leaned into her side. Kylie looked up to Felicity and smiled, "Thank you..."

Felicity smiled back, "Of course. I want you to be happy, Kylie."

Kylie smiled as they relaxed for a while, warm and comfy.

Eventually, Kylie noticed something in the square. Next to the tree in the center of the dirt walking circle, there they were.

"It's them." Kylie muttered.

"Hmm?"

Kylie pointed, "The boys and girl who mocked me."

"Ignore them for now."

Kylie looked up to Felicity, who was staring ahead, "Don't let them get to you. I'll have some talks with their parents and sort this out. Just don't act immaturely. Don't stoop to their level, okay?"

Kylie slowly nodded as Felicity reached into her pocket and pulled out some coin. She tossed it to Kylie, who struggled to catch them and keep them in her hands. "Go to the donut shop and get some hot chocolate. Get one for Leoric too - oh! And might as well get him an apple fritter too."

Kylie smirked at Felicity's bubbly thinking and got off the bench. She nodded and darted for the shop. Felicity had this situation all sorted out. And Felicity was right. Kylie could be proud of her differences, what she was. She felt the wind between her horns and through her hair as she darted for the shop, light and energetic again.

~~~

Please run. Run, and take a long time. I can't let you see this. You can't become me.

Felicity stood up from the bench, eyeing the children by the tree. Finally, she removed the mask and allowed her anger to boil to the surface. She scowled, face red in rage as she gritted her teeth. Tightening her fists, she stalked over to the children with dark intent.

I am rage. I am the worst nightmare. I am a monster. Especially when my loved ones are messed with. Kylie, I'm trying to teach you to be different than I am. This is my gut reaction. Revenge. You're better than that. I can't let you become that...

She approached the children. They looked up from playing to see this angry woman standing over them. They immediately looked nervous.

"You're the ones who mocked Kylie?"

"Kylie?" One of them asked, genuinely confused.

Felicity crossed her arms, "Teifling girl with horns."

One of the boys took a step back as the girl protested, "We were only kidding! Light teasing!"

"Not from what I've heard." Felicity spat, "Making fun of her appearance and calling her stupid not not okay."

Before they could protest, she took a step forward, "If you little brats cross her path again, I will inflict so much pain and suffering in your lives you will wish you were never born. I will make you forget the smell of flowers and softness of grass. I will torment you until you are unrecognizable and ruined. I don't care if I get arrested for beating up children, I will physically hurt you. This is my only warning."

The children shuddered, starting to cry.

Felicity raised her arm and threw it, "Now scat!"

The children darted away, bawling. A grim smirk of satisfaction grew on Felicity's face. This was everything she had wished on her own tormentors as a child. Revenge. Hopefully, this warning would work...
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-01-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Attention.

Hey! Pay attention to me!

You promised, remember? You promised to take me in, nurture and teach me. You promised to be my guide, and to make me your legacy. You promised to help me. You promised to help me learn to control my powers and hone my fighting skills. You promised.

Then, of course, reality hit.

"I got this sword!" I exclaimed in excitement, "It's like your Enpera. Can you teach me how to-"

"-Not now, Felicity." You responded. Cold water poured and dimmed my fire, "I have to find Arius Mephisto."

Ugh. Mephisto. Damn Arius Mephisto to the depths of Jomil's realm! He stole you. He stole you from me. He stole all the attention, all the energy, all the passion you should have had towards me! Did you teach me anything! Obviously, no.

Then, Arius came to our home. He destroyed it and parted us. I did everything I could to find you. But what did you do? You took off without me. You left me. You killed Arius without me. Then, you played around with your stupid sword. You abandoned me.

How dare you!

I've given you everything, I gave you everything I had! A dedicated myself to you and your Brotherhood and how did you repay me? You left me all high and dry. You left me alone in the cold. How could you! You never, never gave me what I truly needed. So why else, in desperation, did I turn to someone far more questionable and paid for it? How could you do this to me! After everything!

You never paid attention to me. Not for a single moment. Traitor! Abandoner! Deceiver! Will I ever trust anyone again?
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-06-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    [Done.]

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Name of Thread: Rhyolite
    Participants: Flamebird

Rewards:
    850 experience
    65 gold
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.