Personal Information
    Name: Canen Darkflight
    Race: Khaian
    Height: 5’11
    Weight: 196lbs
    Eye Colour: Green
    Hair Colour: Black

Appearance

Canen, although not of human birth, heavily resembles a human in appearance. His skin is a pale white. His hair is cropped short and his beard full, and both are jet black and seemingly immune to greying. It is noted that these two physical characteristics are a side effect of the anti-ageing serum that flows naturally in a Khaian's bloodstream.

He is over two hundred human years old, but due to the preservatives in his Khaian blood, he has been able to retain the appearance of a middle aged man. Canen’s attire consists of gear usually suited to the harsh climates of Salvar; a long sleeved, three quarter length hooded greatcoat that doesn't quite reach the floor, heavy duty pants and boots and a thick, long sleeved undershirt. Around his neck he wears trinkets of his exterminated people and Gideon's ring, worn by his brethren during the Castigar campaign and the elimination of the original Arius Mephisto. He also carries a ring once belonging to Kaiser Nightwind, his closest friend.
    Weapons

Iron Longsword

Having lost his beloved sword, The Valiance, some time ago (unknowingly stolen by Arius Mephisto and used during the attack on the Brotherhood’s headquarters in Whitevale, Corone), Canen has had to make do with a simple Iron longsword. This one had been purchased from Mr. Nock’s smithery in Knife’s Edge, and whilst a dependable blade in itself, does not boast any special characteristics.
    Skills

Swordsmanship and combat skills

Canen is an expert in the single sword form of swordsmanship, and also has rudimentary skill in a variety of other forms including the use of longer swords, daggers, spears, staffs, bows and unarmed combat. His daily martial training has also had some unexpected benefits. He is nearly ambidextrous in that his off-hand is less of a liability than would be normal, and the intense meditation inherent to his regime has had a positive effect on his magic. His fighting style relies more on speed and agility, dodging and parrying rather than taking blows on armour; thus, what he lacks in physical strength and toughness he makes up for in acrobatic nimbleness and reflexes.
    Inventory

1 x Serated Iron hunting knife
    1 x Water canteen
    1 x Pouch of rock salt (for defrosting ice)
    1 x Gideon Xerxes's ring
    1 x Kaiser Nightwind's ring
    Abilities

Kaendan

Canen can create a fireball within his palm, ranging from a wispy flicker to an explosive spheroid the size of his head. This can then be thrown or manipulated as he wishes, exploding and burning upon contact. The spell, while basic, is effective at dealing significant damage to most unarmoured opponents, and repeated hits will wear down even the toughest of foes.

This can be used three times per thread.
    Kaenken

By channelling magic through the steel of his sword, Canen infuses it with Khaian sacred flame. In this state, the blade's face becomes charred, and the cutting edge white hot, but the flames themselves are sealed within the sword itself. Should the sword's edge strike flesh, it can inflict up to third degree burns. The edge has been known to melt iron and steel if prolonged contact is made.

Kaenken lasts for three rounds before de-activiating, and can be called upon once per thread.
    Khaian Bloodline

It is a known fact that the black blood of a Khaian is highly toxic to most but its own species. Protein in the cells of Khaian blood reacts violently and aggresively with cells of another living creature (especially reactive in human and elven bloodlines) and causes cell destruction. The effects are particularly gruelling - whilst not neccesarily lethal (unless directly in the bloodstream), prolonged contact can cause vomiting, internal bleeding, fevers, dizziness, loss of memory, and blistering.

The blood can be washed away with water. Effects of the poison vary, dependant on the biology of the opponent.
    Background (Abridged)

Canen Darkflight is the last remaining Khaian; an offworld human variant that came to Althanas with his brother Gideon Xerxes after their homeworld of Nocturnis was destroyed over two hundred years ago.

150 Years Ago

Canen and Gideon were seperated for a short while, but were reunited at the fortress of the Red Dragons, a small clan of rebels in Corone fighting the oppresion of the self proclaimed Legion of Oblivion. The Legion's goal was to establish a foothold in Corone, with their base of operations situated in a small township called Whitevale.

Canen and Gideon agreed to join the Red Dragon leader Pike Angwe in fighting against the Legion, during which they met Silvet warrior Kaiser Nightwind.

Legion of Oblivion soldiers continued to skirmish against Red Dragon forces, and against those of smaller clans who had also become wary of their activities. Pike was eventually killed in a Legion raid, and control of the Red Dragon forces fell to Canen after their remaining forces voted him in. Reluctantly accepting responsibility of the clan, Canen lead the partisans with the help of Gideon and Kaiser and eventually defeated the Legion, temporarily bringing peace.

Two years after these events a powerful sorceror named Arius Mephisto, known to his followers under the acronym ISOS, insurrects the Legion of Oblivion as the newly formed Castigar army and re-establishes their forces in Whitevale. The Red Dragons soon recieved word of the insurrection, but also intelligence that their forces had exponentially increased. Canen sent out multiple messages to other clans in a bid to prepare for a full scale invasion, and eventually the other smaller clans came together to form a tough, if not somewhat disorganised, army to oppose them.

The Castigar War began when Arius orders a surpise attack on the Red Dragon fortress. Canen lead his division towards Arius's front line and began skirmishing, but was quickly defeated by powerful marauders. Kaiser saves Canen from death but the Khaian remains knocked out for the remainder of the battle. Gideon took over, armed with his ferocious nodachi sword, and carved through the Castigar forces with a combination of deadly magic power and astounding strength. This earns Gideon a direct confrontation with Arius Mephisto. However, the powerful mage crushes Gideon with his immense magical powers and leaves him for dead, fleeing back to Whitevale with the remainder of the Castigar forces. The day is won for the clans, but the Red Dragons find themselves with few soldiers and no base of operations. Canen, unable to find Gideon and believing him to be dead, leaves Corone with Kaiser in tow.

Unknown, Althanas (Sometime between three or four years later)

Gideon survived his encounter with Arius and sets out to settle the score with him once and for all. He soon finds Arius Mephisto traversing a dead, dried out coral reef south of Corone and demands a final encounter with the wizard, who reluctantly agrees. Gideon is then sucked into a strange reality via Arius's powerful psionics and is forced to fight the powerful Castigar leader, who adopts various forms throughout. Gideon's revenge is finally claimed when he destroys Arius entirely with a combination of forbidden magic and ferocious sword techniques, but before he could escape the reality Arius created as a battlefield, it collapsed in on itself, supposedly killing both Arius and Gideon.

Present Day

The days of the Castigar War had been long left in the past for Canen Darkflight, who now lived alone in the snowy outskirts of Knife's Edge. With very little else going on, the last Khain has spent his time hunting, fishing and sailing, perfecting arts outside of war during an enduring peace. One day, news of events in Corone regarding the Brotherhood and Whitevale reached the Salvic newspapers and, soonafter, caught Canen's attention. A name, one which had not been seen or spoken for over a century, appeared over and over.

Arius Mephisto.

After diligently confirming the facts and finding them to be truths, Canen knew that the man that Shinsou Vaan Osiris and Storm Veritas had fought against, and apparantly killed, was indeed some sort of incarnation of his old nemesis. No-one could be expected to remember the horrors of one hundred and fifty years ago, and no-one to date had seemingly made the connection that Arius Mephisto had now existed in two different eras, one hundred and fifty years apart. Understandable, given that records dating over a hundred years old were unlikely to have survived so long, and with all of the facts meticulously detailed.

History, apparantly, was easily forgotten when not recorded. Was Arius truly dead, or would the evil sorceror find another way to remain on the mortal coil of Althanas?

Canen decided to spend all but a small pittance of his hoardings on a ship journey to the island of Corone to see . His only worldly possessions were the clothes that he wore and the equipment that he carried, but his heart clung to hope and his mind overflowed with memories as he bade farewell to his home. He knew that his first stop would be the remains of Whitevale, to assess what exactly had happened to Arius and to speak to Shinsou Vaan Osiris himself.
    Last edited by Canen Darkflight; 05-06-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    The cold is real, that I know
    The scars I feel, but I won't let go
    I know that I can find the meaning of it all
    Put my fears behind before I fall

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    Ready for approval, RoG whizzes!

Shin alt for anyone who didn't know.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Hey Shin, allow me to take a look at this.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Hey Shin, I know this must be frustrating but can you reduce the sword and knife to iron please.

Everything else looks good. Thank you!

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    It is what it is. Thanks Flames.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Awesome. You are approved!

Felicity Playlist.