Rehtul listened to the girl's listless story, but managed to pick out the important parts. As a child, however long ago this accelerated aging process started, the child, only about five years old, had been sealed in the tank to fulfill some experimental goal of her grandfather. Fittingly enough, the evil old man had even managed to get himself killed before releasing the girl he called granddaughter from her imprisonment. Some guardian figure he had turned out to be.

"So... you're the experiment... and worse than that, you're his family. Did his child, your caretakers, not have anything to say about this?" Rehtul asked incredulously as he stood up from the leaves of paper scattered around the laboratory.

Nothing yet, but there's obviously so much more going on here that I'm unaware of. Perhaps it would be best if I took the girl topside myself before she saw too much down here, he thought, the only sign of his thoughts a small sigh that slipped through his pale lips.

"Don't answer that, actually. Come with me. We'll go up topside for a bit. My analysis can wait until later, and you probably need something to eat and drink, do you not?"

Without another word the Orlouge motioned for the girl to follow him toward the entranceway. "We'll make sure we get you taken care of at any rate. Everything else down here will simply have to remain a mystery in the meantime."