Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge
    "The Icebreakers?" Rehtul had to stretch his memory to find where he had heard that name before.

Ashla Icebreaker, rang through his head like a cacophony of bells. Disgraced royalty and rampant serial murderer. That was the story he had heard from the broken remnants of the Ixian Knights about her. He was told to keep an eye out for her, as she used a type of magic similar to his own to commit her crimes.

Though, Rehtul thought ruefully, he was incapable, or rather unwilling to use his magic to freeze others alive, as seemed to be her modus operandi. He looked down on the girl in front of him, then to the ice on her arm, and sighed.

"No. I'm not an Icebreaker, though I am from a similarly magically gifted family, the Orlouges. My name is Rehtul, by the way," he said. He offered a hand to help her up once more.

"My you're a stubborn one, but let's not worry about that for now. First thing's first, we need to get you fed. Then we need to find you some clothing that's more... suitable to your new frame. After that, we can discuss the particulars of your living arrangements and what you plan to do with your newfound adulthood. Sound fair?" He kept his eyes on hers, though he knew she had to realize that her clothing was a bit too flimsy to survive out in the world for long, much less keep her looking respectable in the cities or protect her on the trails.
    Last edited by Rehtul Orlouge; 06-14-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,295, Level: 2
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 2,705
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,705

GP

Name
    Hanuh Lulia Icebreaker-Tabor Toivonen
    Race
    Mostly human with some elf

View Profile
    I blinked the tears from my eyes. Despite my desire for departure, I realized Rehtul Orlouge was correct. I needed to eat, I needed something better to wear, and I needed a plan. I reluctantly relented. I looked up to Rehtul and nodded slowly.

"Okay."

I paused for a moment. Food. What... kinds of food did I like? I thought I could remember my mother feeding me mashed potatoes, but they were dull and dry. Green beans? I remembered gagging when my father forced me to try some. Yet, I had only been five years old. I had been a child, spoiled and untainted by the world. I realized I had been staring off into space and looked back at Rehtul.

"Sorry, I was thinking. Um, I'm not picky. Any food you give me is fine."

I struggled to stand, my legs long and awkward to fit into. A struggled, like a baby giraffe learning to stand for the first time. I eventually stood and remembered my balance. My interests sparked towards the man, "I know who the Orlouges are. A family of great legend that impacted Althanas immensely. Sei Orlouge, given the title Silence Sei, had been the head of the Ixian Knights, a powerful crime fighting force in Concordia. However, they collapsed and the castle was brutally attacked under the joint leadership of his four daughters."

I tilted my head, curious as to how Rehtul Orlouge fit into the family tree. Yet, I knew other things were more important. My tummy was rumbling, I could feel it now.

"Can I eat now - please?" I added please hastily at the end. My mother had taught me to say the magic word, it was rude not to. No please, no treat. That had been the rule.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    Cause I want to watch it burn"
    - Glasslands, Deadman.

Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge
    A quick trip to the local inn and a stop by the local clothier later, Rehtul laid out a the best meal he'd paid for the entire time he'd been in town. Roast meats, hearty vegetables, and two large mugs, one of ale and the other of milk, sat heaped high upon the table. With a motion of his hand, he invited the young woman to set herself a plate.

"Whatever you like," he said as he pulled a piece of hardtack from a pouch before and dipped it in the juices of the slab of meat he had prepared for himself. As he waited for the girl to set her own plate and begin to eat, he thought of a few questions that he'd like to ask her, though he didn't want to pry into anything too painful.

As he surveyed her, he realized that despite her apparent age her experience in the world would fall far short of where it needed to be, for her to either protect herself or to not be taken advantage of by those who would use her for a purpose other than to help her do what she wants to do.

Actually...

"Actually, now that we've got you some food, I do have to ask... What exactly do you want to do with your life? I don't... think there's a way to revert the changes you've gone through. I'm not in any rush to have you leave, of course, but it's something you'll need to think about while you're here, until I finish cataloguing and... cleaning that basement."

He preferred not to use the term "dispose of dead subjects" in front of someone who still had the modicum of innocence left to one who had been through so much in such a short life.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,295, Level: 2
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 2,705
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,705

GP

Name
    Hanuh Lulia Icebreaker-Tabor Toivonen
    Race
    Mostly human with some elf

View Profile
    It was obvious that this was not a... properly... developed mind sitting at the table. She was educated, yes. Smart, yes. Trained to behave in any way aside a young child? No.

She had completely chugged the milk, leaving a milk mustache she did not wipe off. She completely avoided the vegetables all together. Vegetables were gross, after all. She went straight for the steak. Even then, she had never eaten thick, heavy steak before. Stubbornly trying to cut with an awkwardly held fork with no avail, she gritted her teeth. Plopping the utensil on the table, she simply picked up her first steak with her bare hands and took a bite. Tugging ferociously to break her first bite off, this strange new meat proved to be a difficult challenge. At least it tasted good. She had not tasted food in so long, fed nutrients through her watery tube prison. This made it all the more frustrating that she was unable to bite into this thing that easily.

Her battle with her steak was interrupted, however, by Rehtul. He asked her a question that made her freeze.

Steak juice slid down her neck as she blinked blankly at Rehtul. She made a heavy slurping sound and pulled the steak from her mouth. She set it on her plate and used a handful of napkins to clean her hands and face. It was a good thing this was taking place in the upper lab, and not a public area. The entire town would be appalled, confused, and mocking of this girl's childish behaviors.

She threw her wads of napkins aside and looked up to Rehtul. Once again, she felt so overwhelmed and bewildered by everything. So frightened. She sighed, speaking in that manner far more mature than her actions suggested.

"I have no idea. I don't know who I am, who I'm meant to be. I know what I am, but not who."

She looked down at the very messy steak, saddened and dismayed. Her eyes widened as she wondered and pondered. She blinked, "I'm adopted. I knew this as long as I could remember. My father died, my mother gave me up. The Toivonions took me in. My adoptive mother and father raised me as their own, until my grandpa took me down."

She shuddered, goosebumps coating her skin as she shook her head in dismay. Some of her long hair dipped into the steak sauce and grease as she slumped.

"I'm the byproduct of two powerful bloodlines. I was going to be sold as a weapon. Should I be a weapon then?" She shivered frightfully, "I don't want to be..."
    Last edited by Ignis Glaciesque; 08-08-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    Cause I want to watch it burn"
    - Glasslands, Deadman.