Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile

July Vignette

Welcome to the July Vignette!

Prompt

Your character’s alignment has flipped to its opposite. Write a scene that showcases this opposite character alignment and what your character does during this time.

Vignette Close Date

July 31st, 2021 at midnight EST

Rules

1. One submission per character.

2. All entries have to be within the declared period. Editing your post and completely changing your submission is okay as long as all the edits occur before midnight EST on the closing day.

3. The moderator judging the monthly vignette contest may post a vignette at the end, but will not be eligible for first or second place.

4. Only on-topic vignettes are liable for rewards. The topics are broad enough that no character should be particularly limited.

5. PCs must be involved in all vignettes. How "canonical" you choose to have the events of the vignette is up to you.

6. All participants receive EXP. The top two finishers also receive GP. (Clarification: this excludes off-topic submissions, as per Rule 4).

7. Entries are assessed on the following merits:

Use of topic: Did the writer use the topic, or write something completely random and off topic?

Creativity: Did the writer make something unique out of the topic or was it more cliche?

Mechanics: Basic writing mechanics: spelling, grammar, punctuation, word usage, etc.

Notes: Additional comments.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    "Greetings!"

Her magnificent smile and her addictive personality lit up the street like a second summer sun. Eyes tracked her, faces beamed back in return, people stopped to stare at the gorgeously dressed, proud and effortlessly friendly lady faun.

Behind her trailed a small troupe of her aides and confidants. Women and men she had gathered to her side, simply because they loved her, with her blazing personality, her words of kindness and her lessons on morality. Amongst those people was her daughter, feeling embarrassed but also actively seeking to follow in Philomel's footsteps.

"There she is," someone whispered, "did you hear - she had everything. The world at her feet, she owned multiple brothels and so much treasure, but just as it had been gifted to her ..."

"Philomel the philanthropist," a murmured reply came. "I mean who would choose to give up everything to the poor?"

"She's a messiah, silly," another rolled their eyes, "it's what they do. Just follow her, you'll hear a parable soon I'm sure. It's what she does now - goes to a public place and tells a story with a moral."

"Huh," someone raised their eyebrows at the faun who kindly was now asking an old wizened crone who most overlooked how she was. "Interesting."
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Vignette closed for judging.

Thanks for participating!

Administrator

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I just want to apologize that I couldn’t get to this sooner, but between surgeries and recovery time, there wasn’t much I could do to rectify it. I again apologize and will be tacking on a bit of a bonus for the wait. Kinda rushing to catch up now. Lol

July Prompt- Your character’s alignment has flipped to it’s opposite. Write a scene that showcases this opposite character alignment and what your character does during this time.

Philomel

Use of Topic- The prompt was properly utilized and it was entertaining to see Philomel with an opposite alignment. I feel a bit more could have been injected into this piece, but it overall read like a quick casual work and wasn’t meant to be a showpiece. Although being a bit shorter than I would like to see in a Vignette short, I was drawn into it throughout just to see where it went.

Creativity- As stated above, I enjoyed the path you went with how you portrayed Philomel in such a way, and the words pulled me to the end. The troupe use was a good touch and puppeteer play of NPC’s was well done, but I can’t help feeling that more could have been weaved into this piece to raise it to the next level. Half of it was mostly dialogue, but good job on the ending.

Mechanics- There really isn’t much to harp on with this area. Wordplay and punctuation was mostly well done, but light overcompensating was picked up on just a touch in some spots.

Philomel wins by default and congratulations for the win!

Philomel receives:

2000 EXP
    300 GP

Thank you so much for your participation and patience on this!

Administrator

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Rewards Added