Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Speaking of FF 7 Remake (No spoilers I Promise!!!)

Hell of a good game.

You guys make sure yall doing Stagger all the time, I've staggered a bunch of really crazy enemies so far...again I won't give spoilers but if some of yall wanna discuss the game on the side, yall can hit up on my Discord or on here.

Either way master that Stagger system my doods!

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I have huge issues with the remake.

Graphically beautiful but I feared they would change shit, and after THAT final battle and cutscene I wasnt wrong.

If you are making a remake, stick to the source material.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Chris I will disagree with you.

I think they DID stick to the source material the things that were changed were to make more of a ARPG type of thing which is what they wanted.

No way in HELL Square was going to do an exact carbon copy of the original game they had to add stuff to it from a design perspective.

I personally dislike the art direction they chose but that's personal opinion/preference.

The game was not going to please everyone and I agree with that one point.

I am going to stress though a Remake of this caliber was going to add a LOT of stuff to the basic foundation if you're salty that's fine.

I'm just adding my own thoughts to this I think...the game will inherently have flaws. But to be salty over it? Probably not. My only issue is the art direction is almost laughable oppressive. However, adjusting the brightness of the game made it much more tolerable for me.

I also found turning the voice volume ALL the way off helped me too cause primarily Barret's voice is not tolerable.

I feel like if you're going to critique a game critique it don't just be salty about it.

I know me personally I KNEW they weren't going to do a carbon copy I am okay with that.

Remake was a chance for them to expand upon what was already an immense foundation. If you like it or not is entirely subjective.

As a veteran of BOTH the og FF 7 and Crisis Core for PSP I agree with Square's choice here to make it ARPG. Turn based would not have worked (In my opinion) for this project.

So be salty...I hear Reddit is a good place for those types of opinions.

I know me...I am willing to set my own views on Remake aside for the simple point it's FF7 and this is likely on this caliber and scale never going to happen again.

I'm still very very early in the game but I have a pretty good idea they are going to keep a lot of what we know happened in Crisis Core that's just my feedback on the game so far, I will add more as we develop this convo saltiness included. But yeah I think that they are building more upon on Crisis Core's engine and what not. But yeah it was going to be more ARPG from the get go anyway.

If you look at ALL of the current FF games...they are all ARPG style anyway.

I THINK Square is going for a more ARPG style of stuff anyway versus going Turn Based. Just my thoughts on this subject.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 04-11-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Just checking in.

About 20 hours into the FF7 Remake. It is a next-level good videogame. Some people are thrown off (kind of understandably) by a new featured character who... has the personality of an over the top anime villain and does feel a bit out of place, but it occurs during such an emotionally charged and unexpected segment of the game that you're sort of like... "Excuse me, I was in the middle of something," and you beat him up and get back to more important things. I admit I found it a bit jarring but if it was the worst part about the game, then the worst part of the game isn't so bad, and everything else is spectacular. I can no stress enough how much FF7R is the game that I've been waiting patiently for for almost 20 years and did not disappoint.

Oh, Happy Easter Christians.
    Last edited by DarkDelights; 04-12-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDelights View Post
    Just checking in.

About 20 hours into the FF7 Remake. It is a next-level good videogame. Some people are thrown off (kind of understandably) by a new featured character who... has the personality of an over the top anime villain and does feel a bit out of place, but it occurs during such an emotionally charged and unexpected segment of the game that you're sort of like... "Excuse me, I was in the middle of something," and you beat him up and get back to more important things. I admit I found it a bit jarring but if it was the worst part about the game, then the worst part of the game isn't so bad, and everything else is spectacular. I can no stress enough how much FF7R is the game that I've been waiting patiently for for almost 20 years and did not disappoint.

Oh, Happy Easter Christians.
    In fairness I feel like my original assessment was harsh and agree with you on a lot of the above. I'm unfortunately one of these silly purists, but that being said what they have done far outweighs any minor adjustments to the plot.

The fact the game is episodic didnt sit well with me at first but what it has done is made sure the previously inaccessible areas like Midgar can be explored in a way it couldn't have been previously. I clocked up forty full hours just on Midgar. That's insane - my entire FF7 master file back on PS 1 was 72 hours and that's with EVERYTHING done.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    I realize with some points I make too I can also come off a little harsh as well...I don't intend to it is just a manner of writing/speaking.

That being said...MY own issues with the game are the virtually oppressive art style they picked. I realize they were going for a much more noir style setting and environment. But like...what worked FOR ME was setting up the brightness somewhat higher. (Guys I have really REALLY sensitive eyes hahah)

Also again my main gripe is the voice acting too. Barret primarily could have benefited better from a much more serious voice actor instead of the guy they DID choose whose like really god damned obnoxious.

Setting this in Japanese helped me out. ALSO turned voice volume completely off also helped.

I don't yet have the entire game installed but I am making progress gradually once I DO though I am going to invest considerable time into it.

I'll drop you guys more thoughts and commentary once I am farther in. Other games of note I am working on installing is Path of Exile which I am a huge fan of.

But yeah guys I was in fact able to Stagger (A certain boss we are all fond of. Guard Scorpion) and I absolutely DESTROYED this guy from my knowledge of the Crisis Core systems alone.

I got I think 2-3 staggers off of that one encounter alone. I have not yet started messing with Punisher stance yet...but I hear its nuts as hell.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Edit: What I originally posted asking about FF7R is irrelevant now that I dug more into it tonight.

On another note, awesome recommendation on A Plague Tale, DD. I've been enjoying it.
    Last edited by Tyr; 04-21-2020 at 01:30 AM.

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Isn't it gruesome? Hands down one of my favorite games, even if there's not much for replay value.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone play Marvel Strikeforce on Mobile?

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Alright, I'm looking for a good RPG on Xbox maybe I haven't heard of for the after work hours both here and the job. Anyone have recommendations?