Nevin stepped forward after taking a minute to take stock of the woman that had approached them. It was very easy to see that she carried herself as a fighter, a commander - her armor and weapon were not just ornate, but functional, and worn with a great degree of familiarity. Her critical eye had already swept over them - he had no idea if they had been found wanting or not, might never know for that matter - and he knew that whoever she was, she could train them to fight. Or knew someone who could, hopefully.

"That would be correct Lady van der Aart. I am... I hope I am someone Stare calls friend.
I am Nevin Aimaparapoiitis, an Alchemist that she met in Stonevale. Through a rather unfortunate encounter, we both became entangled with some unsavory individuals who styled themselves as bounty hunters, as their prisoners. We managed to escape them, but I was untrained in combat, and fear I slowed down her escape."
Whether that was true or not, he at least felt that way. He squared his shoulders and set his lips in a thin line.

"I rather thoroughly detest being a burden, so after we were safe, I asked if she knew anyone who could train me in combat. The man beside me is known as Sketch - he has joined me because the village of Stonevale was recently assaulted by Goblins, and wishes to learn to defend himself. At least, that is my understanding of the situation. The bird who is currently gliding over head is Aphrael, my companion." There was a melodic trill from up above as the crow in question felt her partner's attention on her for a moment.

Nevin was, meanwhile, studying Philomel's face. There was something familiar about it. He knew he had never seen the woman before, but for some reason he felt like he had seen her face before. But not quite - the features were not quite right, off from the niggling sense of recognition. It would bother him until he figured it out, but for now he would put it out of his head.