View Poll Results: What is Althanas to you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • A place to write and collaborate with likeminded people

3 13.64%
  • A place that offers a high quality hybrid of writing and roleplaying

13 59.09%
  • A place to unwind with your writing style of choice

1 4.55%
  • Other (please comment)

5 22.73%

Hybrid View

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    I think Althanas is what people want it to be, and if people are getting some good out of it, that is what is important. It is important in the foremost that people are here because they want to be, not because they feel any pressure or anything.

For me, it is a place to improve your writing, and that is what I would love people to see it as. I chose the second option, because that is what it is to me. For those who purely see it as a place to write some fun things, and not particuarly improve, I would say that that is okay, as everyone is individual. We still, though, clearly have a large group of people, the majority, it seems from the poll, who are here to improve their writing in some way (whether alongside writing for fun or purely to improve) and that is really encouraging as that is what Althanas was originally intended to do. That is why we have our unique rubric. For those who are here just to have fun writing - I say that there is no shame in that at all. Just remember that there are people who are here to write for improvement sake, and for those people to remember that there are folk here who are here just for fun.

We are all different people, I think is what I am saying. Yes, the majority of us seem to be heading towards wanting to improve writing moreover or equal to writing for fun.

Honestly, this site comes in peaks and troughs. We go through times of little to no activity, then huge surges like we seem to be now. I love this site, love the community and everyone in it. I think this poll was great in finding out what the majority of folk want from the site, but also helped to reveal what others think of it too, and has given us some really valuable insight.

Thank you for everyone who has made comments.

Everyone now have some Headbutt that Philomel made especially for you.
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-03-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.