Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile

Event: The Desires of Hodekin (Kobolds Month)

The Desires of Hodekin

Introduction:

In the deepest bowels of the Ankhas, the world's largest known library sitting within Ettermire, Alerar, are papers conspiring a legend. A story of many eons passed, when a great race roamed the lands of the great Althanas continent, from a time before elves where ever dark or old. Humanoid in stature and appearance, they were bold, reptilian creatures that made their place as one of the mighty armies of the world, but as time went on and civilisations progressed, when the age of enlightenment came, these creatures became nothing more than a joke. Ridiculed, and considered little more than pests similar to rats, this fiendish but strong species vanished to where it was considered they belong - the sewers and the deeper parts of the earth.

Now, millennia have passed, and the strange reptile humanoids have become nothing but whispers in the shadows. Sometimes a few are seen, lurking in the dark corners of pubs and making mischief, but they are considered to be mere oddities of nature, living in their small communities, unknowing of their true heritage. What they were and could be - not what their rare ancestors were, the ones who hid rather than escape to the Underbelly of the ground. That Underbelly, where a king sits on a throne and declares that finally his race will claim to the land once more.

Brief:

Kobolds have started appearing within Alerar, coming into the back streets in far larger numbers than they have ever seen before. If caught, or asked, they will say that their king, Hodekin, of the Underbelly (their realm that lies beneath Alerar) has declared war on the 'Abovelands' to claim back part of it for his people. They come in swarms, and can mainly be seen in cities, including Etterermire, Kachuk and Courva. The reports say that they make groups of around 50, come up through the sewers, cause havoc and burn things to the ground.

Appearance wise, they sit between 3 and a half foot to 5 foot. They are reptilian humanoids, with two arms and legs, and the head similar to a crocodile or for some more dragon-like. They are scaly either all over or just on their back and have long alligator-like tails that help to balance. They come in a variety of colours, though browns and greens are more common and have simple weapons such as staves, spears, bows and swords. Every so often there is a sorcerer.

During this month you will receive 1.5x rewards (for EXP and Gold) if you start and complete a quest during the month of April. The quest must include something about the kobold invasion, whether it be killing them, experiencing them coming from the sewers or playing gin rummy with them at the pub. You could even research them in the library. You are free to make NPC kobolds as you wish. The main setting is Alerar but you are able to go outwith this area, if you give a reason why the kobolds are invading elsewhere.

The event will start as soon as you see this post and end 30th April midnight EST for all you Americans.

Quest:

At the end of the month, if there is still interest in it, I will be running a moderated quest to work out the fate of the dealings with Hodekin. Around 6 people will be able to take part, and the choice of whether to attack or to find a diplomatic resolution will be decided by vote by those 6 people. Please see this thread for signing up.

THIS THREAD:

Please post below after the 15th April if you are interested in the moderated quest, which will take place from the 20th April, until it is done. If we finish it in April then we will get the 1.5 rewards.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    I knowww, really early to be posting here. Please don't disqualify me, I'm super excited!

I'd love to be a part of this, especially because it's an Alerar based quest and the kobolds have a similar origin - or reorigination - story that my character could relate to. What with spending so much of their lives underground and coming to a milestone where they want to surface their species. It sounds like Hodekin seeks to carve out a more pleasant place for his people. This would be really interesting to me and I can't wait to see how this all pans out.

The weekend of the 21st/22nd I have off from work so I can help give the thread an early push, but even around work I write on my phone during breaks and whenever I get a spare moment, so I'll see it through.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 04-02-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    I would be happy to serve as a free agent, participating with any writers looking for a second to put a thread together with. If not, I will send Storm out to cook up some Kobold Kebabs on his own.

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    I know it's early fro this but I'm also interested in this event. I can participate with any of my three guys. Let me know what's good.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Looks like we had a good party to go and speak/destroy Hodekin!

This is still open for more to say they wish to take part, as it will only be closing on the 15th. Until then though - Kobolds!!+
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    I actually had a killer idea for a Jake thread related to this, but I don't think I'm going to have the time to write it.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    You can always start writing it and then link it in later.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    I will be setting up the event thread tomorrow. Until then please vote below what you want to do:

Do you want to a) attack or b) diplomacise
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

GP

Name
    Cydney Oliver
    Diplomaicise

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    B. Be. Very much bee. A wise man once said "Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions."

C'mon, that's badass, and we'd get to keep the little blighters around for later.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.