Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Ooh, interesting thread! I’ve not had too many opportunities to talk with peeps out of character, and I think that’s probably my fault. I do like to stay in character a lot - it makes roleplaying easier, rather than switching in, out, in, out. I fall out for too long if I do that and efficiency suffers. Although I have talked with some of ya and I do pm a fair bit.

I really liked Ailsa’s explanation of Stare. Yvonne is similar in that way, a person I’d like to be. Maybe if I keep writing for her I’ll become an outspoken, charismatic extrovert one day! My skin will switch to african-american, I’ll shrink to half my size, I’ll have lovely and long straight black hair, I’ll fit into a corset… it’ll be awesome.

I got protective dad vibes from Chris and I think that bleeds into his character. Shinsou protects those he cares about, Philomel in particular.

Ailsa is totally a unicorn goddess in real life. Yep. No, you can’t convince me otherwise.

My first impression of Garron was that he shared similarities with his character. I think he has a personal, moral code which he follows in life as well as here in Althanas. I’m partially guessing, but there you go.

I think there’s a little piece of Ashla in each of her characters, but each one is a wildly different angle or perspective. I’d say she’s not the same as any of them (like Amari and her flock) which is commendable really. It’s difficult roleplaying multiple personalities (unless you’ve got multiple personalities in which case it’s easy).

I’m willing to bet FennWenn raided a cookie jar or two in her youth (and got away with it, sneakysneaky!), and now Fennik is a pickpocket too, haha. Nailed it right!?

I’d like to see what altoholic Nevin has to say on this topic. *smirk*

Another one I haven’t figured out yet is Lilthis, but they’re definitely pretending to be someone else like Lilthis is pretending to be Lillian. Yepyep. Good deduction Yvy. Pats on the back.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    I need to trip balls with Alex and Chris to be able to effectively answer this thread.

EXP: 485, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,515
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,515

GP

Name
    Henry
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Hmm. How am I like my characters? Uh. Uhm. Well I have several so let's seeeee.

Nevin: Nevin is my oldest, first character. Like him, I am an eldritch abomination of blood and tentacles. I do tend to adjust myself a bit to differing situations like jedoes - brotherly, stern, etc. I don't have quite his knack for making things, though I do enjoy cooking. Over time he has softened up - thank Eteri for that - which has made him more like me, a quiet home body who, while preferring solitude isn't against being around other people.

Erik: Ah, Erik. It's a toss up between Erik and Hunter on who I am least similar to. Erik has demons in his past, but has by and large gotten over them. But he is far, far more jovial than I am. I do get loud at times, but I don't think I'd ever be the type to hurl someone in the name of JOLLY COOPERATION. Erik, like me, does prefer loyalty and dedicated monogamy, though he takes the extreme long term view - in the end, he's immortal, so if he isn't entirely happy, we'll, he will just out live them. Also, ask so, I'm a blood eldritch abomination, not a lightning slinging soul vampire.

Hunter: I am not Hunter. Too nerdy, not nearly cold and hard enough. Also, ya know, ancient drow, no so ancient - ya get the picture. I'm as not as mercenary as he is? I've got way more of a white knight streak than Hunter does, though he does have a bit of one. Hunter has also been the most ah, open, of my characters, which is not something I'm inclined to myself.

Henry: Henry is - happiness, simple pleasure. In some ways I might be the most like him. He is simple, doesn't like to concern himself with big problems - he just wants to make other people happy. I'm nowhere near the musician he is, my talents lie towards writing, not music or art. I do share his tendency to try to help others without fully thinking things through first.

Common threads between my characters and me: somewhat reclusive, small circle of friends, monogamous (except Hunter), tries to make something and usually good with their hands.

Edit:
    Oh good lord I forgot people.

Mikhail : I am not an angry metal crafting demon from the pits of hell dedicated to making a new life for myself. I do tend towards seriousness like he does, and try to play the advocater rather than the instigator of fights (and that surprises me, because when I made him I figured he would be the unreasonable one in situations, but his unicorn friend proved him wrong). I am looking into picking up blacksmithing as a hobby, so that will be something in the future but not yet. I actually do feel a bit out of place at times like he does - though that comes from moving a lot when I was young, not because I've been dropped in another world, so hey.

Uh. Who else - Ronnel.
    Angry young man who thinks with his fists, and the voices in his head. I actually have plans for Ron where he is going to start writing stories, expressing glimpses of the loves from his daemons, so that will be fun. Beats himself up a lot for things that weren't his fault, and is coping with some nasty experiments done to him. Not like me, there. Though he does have some sarcasm...

I could go on at length, delving deeper into each character, but hey, don't want to take up too much space here. And to think, when I started writing with Nevin, I didn't want to make alts and just wanted to focus on him. Now see, even new people know me as an altholic.
    Last edited by The Rambler; 05-28-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    I need to trip balls with Alex and Chris to be able to effectively answer this thread.
    If there is anything more certain in this world, it is that us three tripping balls in one location will only ever lead to amazing things.