GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile

Best Friends Forever

[[Closed to Amari.]]

For the first time in... shit, ever, I was at peace.

No, like... Actually, finally, completely chill.

Not a single care floated around in my noggin. Nothing was wrong anymore! It was just me, an overwhelming sense of relief, and the cold embrace of the abyss.

I was dead.

Finally fucking dead.

Horray! Go me!

After months and months of trying to get myself killed, I finally did it! ...well, we did it. Me and Amari. My ol' friend. Best friends, until the very end. Tried to take her with me, just to stick it to Ulroke one last time, that silver-haired fuck. Take away his last grasp at power and the backup she had in the oven. But, nah; it wasn't meant to be. The baby wanted her alive--and we all know the moment you have a kid, it is in full control of your next nine years until you can sell it for labor in the mines.

...The company would've been nice, though. As it turns out, death was pretty boring by yourself. But, on the plus side, I didn't get to see any of the charred, cut up, or chewed remains of any of the villagers we killed! That would've been pretty awkward, right?

I wonder how Hyperion is doing.

Hopefully she hasn't gone into the basement.

That's the last thing she needs. Poor thing, it'd break her heart to read all those journal entries I wrote. The ones inked with desperation and depression. The ones about how I wanted to find a way to kill myself. The ones where I talk about how I'm being consumed with madness, and her increasingly incessant attempts to cheer me up were going to get her hurt.

Oh well. What's done is done.

I'm dead, and she's not.

I hope she finds her own peace, once she's done freaking out about me disappearing in the night.

I bet that's what she's doing right now. Crying, screaming, calling out for me, even though my ashes are blowing in the wind half a world away. Poor thing'll move on eventually, I suppose. I just wished I could remember if I programmed her with the ability to accept that I'm well and truly gone. I'd hate for her to spend the rest of her life wasting away in the old fort.

There's only one thing left to wonder, though. Something picking away at me in the back of my mind. Like the tiniest needle poking me.

If I'm dead, well and truly dead...

...why am I able to think?

No.

NO.

NO. NO NO NO! NONONONONONONONO HOW DARE YOU WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS TO ME

When I came to, it was in the pitch black of nighttime. A chill in the air rattled my bones, and there was just the slightest pain in my neck. I reached up with a briar-knit hand and wrapped my fingers around something that was dangling across my shoulder. With a quick yank, I ripped it free and brought it up for closer inspection in the shining amber light of my eyes. The object was the shattered top of a small glass vial attached to a silver necklace. Strange.

Not nearly as strange as the fact that I was apparently sitting on someone.

Glancing down at the stranger, I could barely make out the soft, angled features and gold-rimmed eyes of a familiar face. As if the mop of crimson hair wasn't a dead giveaway.

And here I sat upon the Ar'Tuel, completely buck-ass naked, bearing myself in a way that I'd never done before. All my vines hanging out all gross-like and shit. Thankfully the candles in her quarters had already been snuffed for the evening.

“'Sup,” I said, thinking of nothing better to say. I wiggled my tush around just a little bit, adjusting to the odd sensation of her squishy curves underneath my cheeks, getting a better seat on Amari's chest. “You're still fat, I see.”
    Last edited by Briarheart; 06-02-2018 at 07:22 PM.