EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile

Of Forest Elves. (Part 2)

(Takes place at some point after: [url=http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1202-Of-Forest-Elves-and-Humes-(Humans)] ~This Thread~ [/urll] potentially looking for ONE partner, otherwise solo quest)

Elthas normally slept skyclad in his room.

But that night, he could not sleep. Normally a thing easily attained, sleep would not come and he was haunted by nightmares. Images of his father haunted his troubled mind. He knew that someday he would have to confront his father again. It was his destiny. As he dreamed the nightmares were consistent. His body turned in his bed as comfort would not be found. He had an athletic runner's physique. His muscles were tightened with stress from the nightmares. He was sweating. Tossing and turning night after night as he thought about the one journey he had not yet started.

In his mind he saw a burning fortress and heard the sounds battles. Men and Elves fought. And in the center of the chaos was he and his father. Halm Belthasar, the legendary Hero. Elthas was arguing with his father. Always the same argument. His farther had tensed up underneath his armour, and he wielded the mystical sword that he always used in battle. Once a symbol of The Forest Elves, now reduced to a corrupted husk. Glowing with darkness.

Elthas looked his father in the eye. "FATHER. It is not yet too late to stop this madness." Elthas pleaded with the older Elf, his face scarred from their previous meeting. He extended his hand towards his Father. "Please. Everybody misses you, Drathis, Elysia, ME. I miss you." He was trying to do the bidding of The Great Tree. The Great Tree had decreed that Elthas MUST SAVE Halm Belthasar. Elthas was pleading, trying to reach his father and stop him from his madness.

During the chaotic fighting Elthas had not noticed the rogue who was moving behind him...

Elthas looked at his father attempting to reach him. Suddenly, Halm smacked his son's hand away. "What are you doing coming back here? It was you who set this patrol of Radasanth on us was it not?" Halm had menace in his voice.

Elthas was stunned. "NO! Listen to me father! I don't care about your new allies, I just want to save YOU."

It was at that point the lone rogue stabbed Elthas with a sword from behind. The tip of the blade piercing his front side. Elven blood poured from the harsh injury, lethal in nature. Elthas was stunned by what had just happened. "Father...I..." Elthas knelt down on the ground slowly fading form the lethal injury as he bled out. The sword was removed from his body as the rogue readied another attack.

Halm walked the rogue off for a moment. "You see now? There is nothing to go back to. There is nothing to save, I have made my choice. Son. DEAL WITH IT." And Halm sliced Elthas' head off...

A moment later, Elthas awoke from the terrible nightmare.

I've been running.

Running so so far...

Hiding from a fate I do not want.

Tell me, someone, anyone.

What am I supposed to do...?

Elthas thought to himself as there was a knock on his door. "Leave me alone." Elthas responded suddenly, sounding a bit more harsh than he meant to.

"I'm coming in." It was Drathis, his brother He walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind him. "Elthas you're covered in sweat. Again."

Elthas blinked and sighed. "I was dreaming again."

"...Of Father...?" Drathis asked and sat down on the floor next to Elthas.

Elthas nodded. "The dreams are getting worse."

"You have a gift. You can see like the old seers do." Drathis explained. "Mother was telling me about them before. The seers could see things, and change things. Perhaps that is what you are experiencing."

"I'm scared, Drathis. I have never been so afraid of anything in my life." Elthas said calmly.

"You have to confront him one last time." Drathis rubbed his chin. "I'm going to go with you."

Elthas reached forward and put a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Thank you. I don't know if we can save him but I have to try." Elthas did not know any answers, but he would consult with Xu Bellaparte, and several of the other village elders about the matter. "I must seek council."

"From the elders, you mean? That is a good place to start. They will be able to aide you much better than I can on my own." Drathis nodded and they talked well into the hours of the night, until the next morning.

(Note: Enter here, in the next IC day, or otherwise SOLO thank you.)
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    There were sounds of crying...people dying.

Elthas could hear that and was powerless to stop it all.

He stood up in the field, dusting himself off...at the very least he could be presentable. Mother taught me that. The ash continued to fall...Ash Fall they called it. Elthas adjusted his fedora hat. During the previous adventure, bandits had come to ravage The Great Tree...Elthas' home. As he stood there he studied the burnt trunk, crumbled and ruined. The Ash Fall saw fit to destroy their world. As Elthas observed the husk of The Great Tree, he adjusted his hat nervously once more. The hour had come.

The Elders of their village looked upon Elthas, Son of Halm Belthasar, with some sadness. It was Xu Bellaparte who broke the silence first and walked up towards the Son of Halm. "Are you certain?"

"The last incident let me to believe I am a threat to everyone now." Elthas responded carefully. "As long as my Father lives, he will hunt us..hunt me. I have no choice but to leave now." His Brother, Drathis Belthasar looked upon Elthas.

"I can go with you, Elthas." Drathis stated.

"I am a liability now. With The Great Tree ruined, my power will put everyone in danger." Elthas explained. He looked at Drathis. "If I can save him, I will Brother...you have my WORD." Elthas explained. He shook his Brother's hand warmly. He really did respect his sometimes head strong brother. The Ash Fall continued to silently drift everywhere.

"Just come back safely. When Ash-Fall stops we will have to meet someday." Drathis said calmly.

Elthas smiled at his Brother. "I always did hate drawn out good-byes." Elthas explained. He hugged his Brother one last time...then he looked at his gathered friends and family. He considered the remaining townsfolk his family. They were few those days now, after Ash Fall ruined so many lives. "Parting is such sweet sorrow...until the morrow." Elthas said softly and tipped his fedora to his family. Some openly cried for Elthas' self imposed exile, others were indifferent But all were sad to see one of their own...a HERO leave under such sad circumstances...

Elthas adjusted his hat on a forty-five degree angle.

His clothing was well tempered and suited for Ash-Fall those days. He'd spent a pretty gold piece to help assist in the manufacture of ash-proof clothing. Which during that deadly time period was a luxury. Elthas' green cloak swished with the breeze gently. It pained him to see his forest, his home...the home of his people in such a state of despair. He took a look back. The Great Tree had a blackened trunk at that point, and was twisted and gnarled. It's great roots slumbering beneath the earth.

Elthas shook his head.

He could not feel the whispers of The Great Tree in his mind any longer. Instead...other voices lurked there now. The Elders of his people explained he'd developed an ability to see like The Old Ones used to. He could see things before hey happened and alter, change things. It would forever be a burden to him and him alone...he'd become a keeper of the old ways.

As he walked he carefully considered what his goals really were. The last few dreams were bad...I have to find a way to calm the nightmares. Help me sleep naturally once more...but it will never go away will it? Elthas noticed it up ahead. Stirring within the trees, movement. There was blurring and something fast moving just beyond his standard field of vision.

It stopped right in front of him, a spirit of some sort. But there was more to this female being than spiritual energy. Instinctively, a hand went to one of his fabled daggers.

"Hold, forest child." She said calmly her voice echoing in his mind.

"Speak your peace, nymph." Elthas narrowed his eyes at the nyph carefully studying her.

"You are lost and wandered into our domain." The nymph said carefully.

Elthas sighed. "What...do you want?"

She raised an eyebrow. "My. So eager!" She chuckled in amusement. "We have very little contact with the world outside. Not many mortals like to wander out here these days."[/ b]

"I've been exiled from the village I belong to...too much is going on." Elthas stated, only half-telling the truth.

"Careful there, Forest Child. I can see things...and I know there is something unusual about you. You've caught certain...beings attentions." She explained calmly.

Elthas thought about his response. "Such matters are not that uncommon to my people." Elthas explained to the girl. She was now a few pace away, she was quite a beautiful nymph. [ b]"You've obviously appeared for a reason...what can I do for you?"
    Elthas always did prefer more diplomatic routes to most situations.

"Your eagerness is noted Forest Child." She was now directly in front of Elthas. "I am also lost, but not in the same way you are." The Nymph said calmly. "My people have gone through a change since the great destruction broke Lornius." The Nymph continued to talk to Elthas in a rather pleasant voice. There was no malice there. "The old wards in Concordia have faded as a result of the great destruction." She said. "I have been waiting for someone strong to help me save my people."

There it was.

Elthas nodded calmly, it was in his nature to help those who could not help themselves. "I accept your offer. What do I get in exchange?" Elthas asked calmly, and she smiled in response, kissing him quite deeply. Elthas did not resist her advance...
    Forest Childe...