EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile

FQ Brainstorming

Let's use this thread to brainstorm some FAQ ideas. We can also brainstorm in Discord or Althanas Chat, but make sure someone copy/pastes the convo here so that those of us without access can contribute.

Personally, I'm planning on making this a last hurrah for Dirks, but I don't want him to be killed by a PC. I'm planning on giving him uncurable dementia based on the mind manipulation done to him by Xalstad. He'll initially be looking to do one good deed, so I plan on having him start with some clean up in Serenti.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Shinsou and I have discussed a couple ideas, but I'll talk to him before posting them here.

I'm considering the possibility of making the Faith United a Faction, but really only if it gets a decent amount of interest. If you'd be interested in joining a group dedicated to maintaining Thayne worship through the apocalypse, let me know.

I've got a few tentative plans with other people but nothing really world-shaping so far.

Would love to write with ya Dirksy.
    Last edited by Breaker; 06-18-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    i must fite a volcano

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    You know, Fenn, we've never really specified the origin of the Tap - simply that it was shattered during the war with the Forgotten Ones. What's to say the origin of the tap isn't the ash interacting with the vail, the obsidian itself, or the comet, which could be firing off meteorites. If you want to prevent the spread of dangerous magic, then you really could go Fenn v. Volcano. And that's probably something the Order of the Golden Dawn would be all about.

http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/sho...ncient-History

http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/sho...he-Golden-Dawn

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    If anyone needs me to be a villain for any stories, let me know

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    4 v 4 Cell style mini-tournament to determine who is the major PC protagonist of the story?!

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Alright, here's a basic look at the main idea Shinsou and I have discussed. It won't be very fleshed out, but there's plenty of room for participation. Basically what we're doing is giving the calamity a cause, and a villain.

Prologue: Sixteen Aleraran assassins sailchute down over Corone by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. They land and perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, causing the Lotho Mountain caldera to erupt, destroying Lornius, creating an earthquake and tsunami, and showering the land in ash, making it all but unliveable for anyone without the breathing apparatus they possess.

The main antagonist is an assassin named Vityr Sha'keth, whose older brothers Kron and Shynt were killed by Cronen years ago. In addition to causing the calamity, the assassins are acting the tip of the spear in an Aleraran invasion of Corone. Vityr has the additional goal of killing Cronen.

Shinsou and I have a main storyline planned which we'll be writing together, but there is room for plenty of associated side quests such as missions associated with some of the fifteen other assassins, or connected threads taking place in Alerar. If anyone is interested in doing a thread related to this I'm happy to help you come up with ideas for assassins, and will provide background information on the organization that trained them.

Until I talk to Shin about the details, that's pretty much all I can say for sure.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    See the FAQ for why I'm against there being a "cause" of the volcano eruption. Everything else sounds sweet. Alerar invasion of Corone. Old vendettas against Josh. All about that.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Our original idea for the main crisis (before you announced the calamity) was a spell that taints the Tap on Corone. Maybe we can go back to that.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Isn't the tap from the Thaynes?

Breaker, colour me interested. Stare might fit in quite nicely.

I'm also thinking a "Natury based thing". Basically a group of people interested in keeping nature alive going to try to find if there's anything left alive. What I'm thinking is that they actually discover the fertile effects of volcanic soil.

This will be led partly by Philomel, and then when she leaves to head to Fallien to find out how life thrives in a desert, it will be taken over by my characters Celandine (her daughter) and Vaeron (her daughter's father).
    Last edited by Philomel; 06-19-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.