Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)

Stabilization [Closed]

There was a steady drip filling the redhead alchemist’s ears as he leaned back on the bench that he had been sitting on for the last hour. He dragged the back of one arm across his forehead, whisking away the sweat from his brow as he stared at the bubbling concoction swirling through the glass tubes in front of him. It had been a long, delicate process, stabilizing the reaction inside of the brew, but he had finally managed to do it. He now had a sort of base for a serum that should add to the imbiber’s longevity - but it was still missing several steps. This was a start, nothing more, but.. It was more than he had had.

He shifted on the low wooden bench and rubbed his eyes tiredly. For a moment, Nevin wondered where Eteri was - she wasn't at her normal place, by his side - then he remembered that he had sent her out in case something went wrong and this blew up in his face. Considering the last two attempts at making this potion base had done EXACTLY that, he felt rather secure in the fact that this literally was for her safety. She'd been irritated about being sent out, but when he gently reminded her that she'd much rather be out and working on a project of her own, rather than being cooped up, she had conceded.

Nevin wasn't quite sure why, but over the last few weeks, Eteri had been showing signs of being even more energetic than she had been in the past. But this energy wasn't contained like it had been before, it was more frenetic. She had to be doing something, moving about, she was finding it hard to sit still. Oh, she would. If he ordered her to - but those times usually ended up with neither one of them getting any work done.

This last week or two, after meeting her friend Ven, Nevin had experienced the latest bout of Eteri’s drive to express her energy. And her affection. She had stolen two of his coats, and promptly sewed strings, bells, and ribbons all across it. Despite his initial frustration at that, now the alchemist couldn't help but chuckle at the memory of her forcing him into one of the jackets - then promptly sitting behind him, and idly playing with the adornments for nearly ten minutes before his brain came back to life and he asked what the thick flow was going on.

The last few drops of the bubbling serum fell into the large glass beaker that he was storing it in, and Nevin capped it off before standing up and shutting down the mixing station. Thin tendrils snaked out and lifted up the bottle, smoothly carrying it over to a shelf and storing it away, locking the cabinet the shelf was in with a key that was soon tucked into his pocket. The alchemist then cleared away the more volatile chemicals, sorting and storing them safely and separately. When there was nothing left that would explode or burst into chemical flames if jostled too much, he opened up the door to the workshop and breathed in deeply, taking in the fresh air.

“Eteri - the workshop is open again, come rejoin me.” He wasn't actually sure if the blue-haired catgirl who was so precious to him was in their home at the moment, but if she was she'd soon be back with him as the tall, lithe figure if the alchemist moved out into the kitchen area, and he began looking through the fridge. Long, dark clad legs carried the redhead out of his workshop as he strode towards the chill box, his stomach growling softly as it reminded him of the fact that he had, once again, neglected it for far too long in favor of working on a project.

Her head peeked out from behind the door frame to their bedroom. “Eteri busy, does Nevin need?” Dark eyes swung over in her direction and he blinked once, then tilted his head to the side before shaking it.

“No, love. No more so than usual. I'll begin working on dinner. Wrap up your project in time to join me.” He shot her a chiding grin before turning his attention to the chill box, trying to figure out what to use for dinner as he kept one ear trained on the bedroom. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be hearing any more bells, so whatever she was working on, it didn't involve defacing any more of his clothing. He had given her a few coats and shirts to alter to her heart’s content, but he had a feeling that if he didn't keep an eye on her the nekojin would change all of his clothes.

While she busied herself with her project, the Alchemist began pulling meat from the fridge. Eteri had shown a preference for rabbit lately so they'd stocked up a bit more on that - in exchange, Nevin also had vegetables that she ate - sometimes unwilling, but she'd do it when he turned a stern gaze on her. He started mincing up the strips of rabbit flank that they had, adding seasonings to it. He was feeling in the mood for meat and vegetable skewers tonight, and it wouldn't take long to prepare them thankfully so his stomach would, with any luck, stop trying to chew up his spine soon enough.

Eteri came out after holding something delicately in her hands. On first glance it looked like nothing was there. On closer inspection he realized she was weaving parts of his soul together. “Need stay still so can attach again please.” She said as she carefully padded over to him. Looking up at him with those loving yellowed eyes. He set the meat down on the counter, away from the edge so it would not run the risk of falling off, then turned around and leaned back against it, steadying himself on the counter.

“Go ahead, dear.”

He shuddered once as she placed her palm against his chest and pulled. He could see the thin whips of his soul, no longer a dirty brown but brilliant shades of purple, red, and gold. She carefully stitched the pieces together using intricate motion and her fingers. He bit back the odd, shivery groan as he literary felt her touch caress what may be the most intimate part of who he was. When she was done she let go and it settled back into his chest. “Think have done over half now. Is feeling OK? “

He rubbed his chest a few times as he felt, once more, that odd settling sensation as what she had removed returned to him. Strange, twisting warmth spread out, filling him as he rolled his shoulders a few times. Dark eyes drifted closed as he took a few deep breaths, adjusting to the changes. It felt… Calmer, less choppy and rough now. There was a - a relaxation, deep inside of him. Like something that had been off, wrong, had been repaired. He frowned slightly - unsure of how long that feeling had been sitting in the back of his - mind, or soul perhaps. But it was gone now. He reached out and drew Eteri into his arms, cradling her against his chest.

“I feel - fantastic, love.”
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I was relieved. I had been working on this for the past week and it… It Would change how he felt. Such a large part of him had now been sewn in together. Two separate and broken things now whole.

“Was worried you may feel off. “ I Mumbled into his chest as he held me tight. “Am glad. You sure you ok Nevin?” He chuckled, deep in his chest, the sound vibrating through his clothes against my cheek.

“No, no. If anything, I feel - better. Like there’s… Like this feeling of - I don't know. Unease, maybe? Whatever it was, it was gone now. And I hadn't even noticed it was there until it was gone.” Strong fingers stroked my back, running up and down my spine as he spoke.

I grinned as I stepped away. Looking up at him. “Eteri did good, so food soon?” Now that I knew he was well… apparently better than ever I didn't have to be so cautious. I felt a wave of excited energy course through me as I started to bounce up and down. Dark red eyes locked onto me as I did so, twitching up and down slightly with each bounce.

“Is meat? Is rabbit? Oh, oh… is lots? Eteri smell good!” He grinned, a flash of teeth darting through his lips.

“Yes love. Lots of rabbit meat. Go wash up, it's skewers tonight.” He pushed me towards the bathroom with red threads as he turned around, and his deft hands returned to what he'd been doing when I came into the kitchen.

I huffed. I didn't need to clean up. But… he asked so… I Headed to the bathroon, it'd help me relieve some of this energy. I assumed it was a rush of adrenaline from knowing I helped him. I was so close to finishing it… FiFinishing linking his two souls.

I grinned then bounded down the hall toward the bathroon, crashing through the door as it bounced off the hinges. I I eard an amused snort echo down the hall. “If you break things, I'll make you repair them, pet.” Nevin sounded amused though, not angry.

Break things? How silly I wouldn't do that. I snorted as I padded over to the sink and turned it on full bore and used the running water to wash my hands. I splashed my face with the then turned and ran back down the hall.

“Am back!” I exclaimed as I burst back into the kitchen. I leaped over a chair and landed on the table, it skidded across the room a few inches and I laughed. “See no break!” He looked over his shoulder at me, and I could see his eyes glinting in amusement as he shook his head.

“Pet - I said wash up, not splash your face. There's still water on that cute chin of yours. And you left the water running, I can hear it from here.” He wagged a red thread in my face, the familiar appendage darting out to stroke my cheek, wiping the water he mentioned from my skin as he chuckled and rolled a ball of minced meat back and forth in his hand, coating it in some kind of bread crumbs before he stabbed it with a bamboo skewer.

My smile faded. I didn't really feel like having a shower. Fine. I'd have one but I'd do it in a way that annoyed him. I huffed as I pushed myself off the table and did my best to stomp down the hall, to no avail. Damn me and my light feet.

Once again I entered the bathroom and turned the sink tap off before shrugging off my clothes. I paused when I caught my reflection. Yellow eyes stared back at me. My face glistened with the dewy appearance of water. My hair had a permanent red streak in it. I looked normal. So why was my heart beating with a ferocity that would burst my chest? I frowned as I turned on the shower and waited for the water to hit perfect temperature.

I stepped in and sighed as it hit my back. Dammit… I didn't want to sit still in the shower. I wanted to eat then I wanted to run through the streets, the moon at my back and the cool summer breeze in my face. I wanted to feel the loamy earth beneath my bare feet.

Maybe it was because I was so cooped up lately. I had to restrain myself. To be good in front of Stare and Elsmith and even Vixen. It was frustrating.

The bathroom door swung open, and I could see through the curtain as Nevin came in, his head tilted to one side. He paused for a moment, then laughed, a low, rolling laugh that I hadn't heard in a while. “Eteri, love. I meant wash your hands, not take a full shower.”

I blinked. “What! But… eh I did! You!” I stepped out the shower and pointed an accusatory finger at him. “YOU SAID! SO ETERI SHOWER! “ I threw my hands up in exasperation. “I no want shower!” dammit why wasnt he more concise… Still the way he laughed almost made it worth it. “Here.. I turn off.. “ I turned to shut the water off.

I felt long, strong fingers curl around me, pulling me against him as he kissed my ears - and I felt his teeth nip the base of one ear as I stood with my hand on the shower knob. “Feeling cooped up, pet?” He murmured against my ear.

Damn how did he know? I bit my lower lip as I turned the shower off. “Mm… yes… BuBut is OK.” I felt goosebumps rise upon my skin as his warm breath hit the wet skin of my ears. They twitched, flicking water into his face. He chuckled, and his tongue traced against the edge of my ear before he whispered.

“Well, I can't have that. After dinner, how would you feel about going out? My little one deserves a treat for her hard work.” His fingers curled tighter into my skin as he spoke.

I shifted my weight from side to side. I adored this, it clouded my mind and I forgot for just a moment that I had boundless energy. His fingers clawed their way into my hip bones as he pulled me against him. I felt the rough ruffle of his clothing and how very obviously hard he was, and could smell the lingering scent of his work mingling with the scent of the meal he prepared. “N.. Nevin… “ I whined. He knew that it was close to my cycle. Why did he have to do this?

Instead I tried to focus on the prospect of going out. I leaned my head back and tilted it into his neck. “Would like. V-very much.” I felt him laugh, pressing his body harder into mine for a moment.

“Mmm, would you now. Well, I won't go back on my word. And - if you still have energy afterwards, I know another good way of.. Exercising.” The last word was drawn out, in a low, growly tone that dragged across my ears as he kissed my jaw.

He WAS doing this on purpose. “Nevin!” I scolded as I turned in his grip and in one quick motion slipped a leg underneath him as I pushed him to the floor. We both tumbled downward and I now sat atop him, stradling his waist. His eyes were dark and sultry as he smirked up at me, his hands dropping to my hips.

“Yes, pet?”

“You stop! You know what does to Eteri!” I grumbled and then wriggled to illustrate my point. “You not being fair.” and he wasn't. I wanted more now. I wanted food, I wanted to run and oh how I wanted him.

“I'm not the one being fair? Me? Says the seductive woman I love, riding me with nothing on?” His tone was mock-affronted, a land one of his hands slid from my hip to rest on my stomach, his thumb dipping dangerouslyl, pleasurably low. One red eyebrow arched upwards as he stared at me challenglingly.

Dammit… he had me there. I gave a small murmur as I lowered to lay on his chest. I couldn't help but melt in his grip. “food… “ I managed to mumble. Trying to bring the focus off of his raging boner and my own heated body.

He kissed me once and chuckled. “It has to cook, love. Go get dressed.” He said as I finally slid off him and picked a towel off the floor, wrapping it around me. I felt a sharp sting across ass cheeks - he had swatted me with a thick red tendril as he sat up, his eyes locked on my form. “Go, love.” His voice was rough, hungry.

Where did that come from? My eyes widened in shock as I stared down at him. He grinned back. I shifted past him, jumping as he slapped me again this time with the flat of his palm.

…

I needed to get dressed.

I headed to the room and found a loose shirt and a pair of shorts. The nights were warm and I needed little clothing. Especially now… FuFuck… Dammit. I loved him but dammit.

If I wasn't energetic and antsy before I sure as hell was now.

By the time I had finished changing and brushing my hair he was back in the kitchen. Humming happily.

“Want me work more on your soul while you cook? “ I offered. I needed something to distract myself. Anything.
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    evin looked over his shoulder at her, pausing in his humming for a moment as she came in. A slow smile curved his lips as he flipped one of the skewers. He knew that she was trying to distract herself from her arousal - the bathroom encounter had gotten to her just as much as it had gotten to him. He let out a deep breath - he wasn’t going to let her. Being frustrated was exactly how he wanted her. Crimson threads slid along the floor, then coiled around her legs, sliding up her smooth skin, massaging as they went. He kept one eye on her to watch her reaction as they brushed along the bottom edge of her shorts. She stiffened and glared at him.
    “So, pet. Where would you like to go tonight? Just walk around the town? Is there something in particular you want to see, or just… A need to burn off some energy?” It felt good to be.. In control again. As he spoke, his threads slid under her clothes, and he reveled in the feeling of her soft skin.

“F… Fo-forest.” She squeaked as her fists clenched. Her cheeks reddened and it was clear she was doing her best to keep herself from melting into his touches. The redhead hummed in thought for a moment, and let his threads wriggle and squeeze beneath her shorts, but kept them outside of her underwear - for now.

“Oh? Away from other people then. To - our cave?” His voice softened for a moment, from the teasing tone as he turned his head fully to look at her.

“Something like that.. “ she pouted as she leaned forward and rested her chin on the table. “Nevin is this appropriate? “ He raised an eyebrow, before he looked around them slowly, then locked his eyes onto hers. He flipped the skewers once, then turned the heat down as he stalked over to her, his pace slow and methodical. Red-lined fingers stroked her hair, then he leaned down.

“We are in our own home. But more than that - since you returned my soul to me, I've been feeling more myself than I have in a while. More - confident.” He raised an eyebrow as she frowned at him.

“And.. And yourself is a sexual deviant?” Her words sounded annoyed but her body responded to his gently touches and she didn't attempt to pull away.

“For you, with you, yes. I crave you, my Eteri. You are mine, and I am yours, and I find myself no longer concerned with who sees that. There might be some places where it is not appropriate - but I was sick of having to restrain myself from giving you affection because other people were disgruntled with it.” His voice actually was a bit angry there as he spoke. “I like having you hugging and touching me, draped across me as we do things. Tell me, love.” He leaned closer. “Do you actually want me to stop this?” His threads squeezed her tighter as he asked his question.

She made the cutest noise then shook her head. She may fight it but she clearly enjoyed this. Enjoyed his touch and dominant nature. He kissed the top of her head, then her lips, before he straightened back up and returned to the stove. His threads remained coiled around her, squeezing her thighs and her ass gently and rhythmically as he turned back up the heat. He started humming again, in time to the squeezing of his threads as he put the finishing touches on the skewers. Deft hands brought down plates and he flipped skewers onto each one - one set of skewers was fairly balanced between meatballs and vegetables, while the other was clearly heavier on the meat than on the vegetables.

Nevin set this second plate down in front of Eteri, as he sat down at the head of the table. “Make sure to eat everything, pet. I don't want you skipping on the vegetables.” As he spoke, he picked up one of the skewers and bit into the rabbit meat, his dark eyes watching her as he ate. She ate everything, reluctantly so. Every time she swallowed a morsel of vegetable he'd squeeze her tight as a reward. They finished their meal in near silence, with only her squeeks and murmurs to break it.

He took the plates and skewers and set them in the sink, rinsing them off quickly but not bothering to fully clean them. He turned his attention to the catgirl who was staring at him with wide eyes, then tilted his head to the side as he hummed in thought. “Hmm. I… Love. Do you feel like you're missing something?” His voice was soft as he stepped closer to her, and his fingers brushed her neck gently. His eyes were locked onto hers as he unconsciously held his breath.

“Always. Not having soul of own. Why?“ He let out his breath sharply, a laugh torn from him as he shook his head. He hadn't thought of that at all, and it seemed Eteri was not on the same trail of thought as him. Still -

“We will figure something out there, my pet. I know there are ways to germinate a soul if you have something to work with - and you have some, and I would readily give you some of my own as well.” He drew in a deep breath, and let it out slowly. He hadn't dared really entertain the other thought since that damnable Stefan - but now, he felt like it was.. Safe again. “And I was asking because - I wondered if you wanted a.. Collar again.” There. He'd said it, and in an even tone of voice. Though he wouldn't be offended if she reacted poorly to the suggestion.
    Her ears swivelled forward and her pupils dilated before slowly returning to their normal state. He knew he had said the wrong thing. He waited for it, waited for her to pull away from him and get snippy to leave without him in a huff.

The chair slid out as she stood. Nevin let his tendrils fall away from her. He felt worried, concerned. She gave him a small smile then took his hands in her own and squeezed them. “If that what Nevin want. Eteri no mind. Ah… I don’t mind. I don’t mind wearing one for you. One condition. No give me your soul. That yours. Okay?”

Nevin shook his head sharply. His other hand came up and cupped her cheek, before he leaned his forehead against hers. “No, love. No. You won't wear one again. For anyone.” His voice was thick with - a gamut of emotions. Concern, fear. “I'm sorry. I should have -”

She blinked in response. “But. Like idea of wearing one for you?” Her head tilted and she looked clearly confused. “Is I say something not right? Translation not good?” He blinked a few times himself and pulled back, confusion dancing across his own features.

“I… No I don't think you said anything wrong. Maybe - not enough but I'm.. Not sure.” He was running their conversation through his head and his breath hitched. “Wait. Do you not mind - or would you like to? Not -..” He cleared his throat. <”You don't feel you have to because I'm making you?”> He needed to listen to her and Stare talk in Akashiman more. ‘Making’ wasn't what he had wanted to use there, but he didn't know the word for ‘forcing’ or for ‘coercing’.

<”Nevin. If I felt you were forcing me I’d tell you. I always do!”> She went on a small tangent that Nevin wasn’t really paying that much attention to, he was still replaying the prior conversation in his head. <”You make me do so many things I don’t want! Eating vegetables, showering! Helping people, getting off the counter… and each time I tell you what I feel. I always do. Why would now be any different?”> he blinked and refocused his dark eyes on her, and then he let out a small, tremulous laugh that turned into a strange kind of laughter that sounded - like he was relieved. He wiped at his eyes with the back of one hand, and gave her a fond, warm smile.

“It wouldn't be, I suppose. I - sweet flow. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm glad I did.” He pulled her into a hug, crushing her against his chest. “And as for - as for your ‘condition’ since I didn't respond to it before. I wouldn't give you the whole thing, lover. I'd give you a part. I've heard that some believe that -’

“NO!” She snapped and then he felt her teeth sink into the flesh of his chest. He let out a hiss of pain and raised an eyebrow.

“Would you let me finish you minx?” He gave a slightly strained chuckle as he stared down at her. When she didn't let go, he tentatively continued. “I have heard in the past, that there are those who believe that a child gets their soul from parts from their parents, they take a small part from each parent and it grows into their own. That's where my thought came from, nothing more. OK?” While he normally thoroughly enjoyed Eteri biting him, this time she had done it to punish him, not in a playful way.

She made a disgruntled noise before pulling away. Her cheeks puffed out. “When is we going for walk?” He sighed and shook his head once, then kissed her nose.

“Alright. You'll only get my soul to fix it, OK? And - let me get a new shirt, this one is a bit… Holey.” He gave a weak chuckle. He gave her a squeeze before slipping to the bedroom - unsure if she'd follow him back or not. The alchemist peeled his shirt off and dropped it. To one side - it would need to be fixed before it could be worn again, Eteri’s sharp teeth had done a number on it. No blood, but that was more to do with his pulling all the blood off of the shirt and holding it against the teeth marks. “Damn. What do I wear?” The question was said under his breath - because most of his shirts were dirty at the moment. The only ones that weren't - had been subjected to Eteri’s sewing efforts.

“Could not wear shirt.” I heard her voice from the doorway. She was peering into the room, tail flicking side to side. “Eteri notice it is fashion...uhm...no...I? I notice it is fashion lately because summer.” The redhead blinked several times, and looked down at his chest, then up to her, and quirked one eyebrow upwards in amusement. He slowly slid one hand down his chest to his stomach, resting it on the upper edge of his pant line as one side of his mouth curled upward.

“So, should I do it for fashion, or for you, love?” He said languidly, watching her with an amused light dancing in his eyes. He was glad that she'd smoothed out her displeasure from the discussion of souls, if her suggestion was anything to go by.

“Both. Can do both.” She bounced with her words. Clearly back to being overly energetic. Nevin chuckled and shook his head slowly stretched out as he watched the jiggle that came with her bouncing. It actually took him a moment to bring his thoughts back into focus as he shook his head again, trying to clear away the slight haze of arousal from watching her.

“Well, it is certainly warm enough now for me to go shirtless, and not suffer from it. And I take it you'll help make sure no one gets any ideas from seeing me?” One edge of his mouth quirked upwards in a smirk. He was well aware that his girlfriend was just as possessive as he was - and if she thought someone was ogling him too much, she'd be all over him in a moment to stake her claim. Especially as close to her cycle as she was right now - there was the chance that she'd be hard pressed not to mount him in public if she thought someone else was flirting with him. Now, granted, he had certain advantages that would help keep her satisfied even if she did get too amorous in public. The advantages of having extendable parts of his anatomy that could be rather discreet when needed.

So as he let her think about that, the redheaded alchemist pulled back on his jacket, letting it hang open. It had far too many pockets filled with random useful trinkets for him to just leave it behind - but leaving it open left his chest and stomach bare for Eteri’s appreciative eyes. Now ‘clad’ in attire, he moved over to the small cabinet and pulled out the necklace collar that he and Eteri had picked up so long ago. She had never gotten a chance to really wear it - right after they bought it was when that twisted bastard Stefan had kidnapped her, and since then Nevin had been too reticent to bring it up. Eteri had said she didn't mind, now, though, so maybe it was alright. He turned around to her and spun it around one finger as he waited for her.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I stopped bouncing and padded happily over to Nevin and in one neat turn on the ball of my heel I swung my back to Nevin to let him put the glimmering red necklace on me. I lifted up the back of my hair as he reached out and carefully wrapped it around my neck. His breathing tickled my skin as he exhaled.

“Does that feel OK pet?”

I turned back to face him and smiled. “mmmm. Am fine.” his look of concern turned to a wry grin as he coiled one arm around my waist, his hand resting on my stomach as he pulled me against him. He buried his face in my hair, breathing deeply, then I heard him chuckle and push me away, one hand slapping my ass as he did so. I yelped in surprise and glared at him. He wasn't normally so… Crass. “Nevin!” I huffed.

“Down that route is no going for a walk and wearing no clothes at all.” He gave me a grin that had a definite edge to it.

I grumbled in response and turned away from him as I bit my lip. I wouldn't say it out loud but I had to say, well… Think… I liked his confidence. He was always so withdrawn and his actions always held some sort of cautious hesitance. “let's go.” I mumbled in my huffy tone, not allowing him to gloat as I headed out the room and down the hall. I heard his warm, rolling laugh echoing down the hall as he followed me at a sedate pace, closing the door to our bedroom as he left it.

“So, beloved pet. Shall we grab a snack while we’re out?”

I nodded as I headed into the kitchen, amusing briefly to pick up the small woven basket I took to the marketplace. It felt empty. Good. “yes. Eteri think it be nice to have a night time pick the nick.” We had just eaten dinner, but he had caught onto my increased appetite lately. I appreciated the thought.

“It's picnic.” His vermilion eyes followed my every move as he spoke. He sounded amused, like he was just in the edge of laughing.

“that's what I said! A Pic the nick!” I waved the basket at him, brandishing it but Nevin laughed it off and shook his head, his lips stretched out as he leaned back, avoiding the basket.

He followed me as we left his store and were now out in the street. I paused and took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh night air and the buzz of people around me. “this nice~” I mused happily.

This is what I needed, to get out. To have that breeze tickle my skin and to run. Oh how I just wanted to sprint off, cast away the basket and scale the buildings. Running across the rooftops like I used to. But I'd be good.

I felt the arm before I realized Nevin had slid up behind me, silently. He took the basket from me with one arm, as his other squeezed me against him, my rear grinding against his crotch as he chuckled in my ear. “Go burn off some of that energy, my pet. I'll meet you at the night market to pick out some food.” His lips pressed against the back of my ear, before I felt his hand at the small of my back, giving me a gentle shove away.

I turned to look at him with my brows furrowed in confusion. It felt...it definitely felt like he was grinding himself against me but then...he just pushes me away? What the hell Nevin! He stood and stared down at me with those vermillion eyes, which practically glimmered in the pale light of the night. “I-uh.”

“Go on.” His voice was a booming command.

My ears flattened against my head and my lip jutted out in a pout as I turned and did just that. He was tormenting me. Most likely on purpose. And that tone of voice? That loud and dominant tone? Where the hell did that come from?

I had planned on following him around but before I knew it I had found myself ...well… lost. Dammit. Dammit, double triple dammit. How did he even get me to do that!? What did he want me to do again? He said something about the night markets…

I turned to look behind me, I could backtrack and follow the noises and sounds of the people heading to the night markets. But that seemed boring.

Well he did tell me to go burn off energy, and amidst the confusion - he was right… I did feel all this energy and I may as well put it to good use. I gave myself a nod of affirmation. FIrst thing first… not be lost. I headed for the first building. Someone's home I think. And used the window-pane as a foothold and quickly scaled the building.

“There!”

This was better. I could see now. I could feel the wind against my skin- the cool breeze against my face… and I could see the direction I wanted to go, toward the forest.

With a running start I leapt onto the next building and headed toward my destination.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin watched as his girlfriend bounded away, his lips still twisted into an amused grin. He hadn't known for sure how she would respond to his teasing and then the instruction to go burn off some of her excess energy, but he had seen that she needed it even as they walked the short distance down the street, she had been twitching rapidly, her tail lashing back and forth as they walked, her ears bouncing. It was clear to him that his love wanted to move, to run about, so - he had let her.

He watched as she moved up the closest building, one of the small houses on the street his shop was located on. He knew she was frazzled - she didn't even look back at him as she climbed up rapidly, then she was off, leaping across buildings. He chuckled and flipped the basket up onto his shoulder as he shook his head and headed towards the market. She'd almost certainly want fish of some kind, but they hadn't brought supplies to cook. Eteri wouldn't care about that - he knew she didn't mind eating food raw, not fish at least - but he did. So he'd have to find prepared foods to purchase.

The market was a short distance away, and past a few other streets with sales shops on them. With Eteri off doing her own thing at the moment, it gave the alchemist a chance to pick up a surprise as well. His girlfriend’s willingness to don a collar again had reassured something inside of the redhead, and he was planning on ensuring her safety even if she was wearing a collar. And he just so happened to know that there was an enchanter’s shop on the way to the market. Nevin had to suppress the smile that tried to stretch his mouth as he thought about it.

The enchanter’s shop was closing in on the end of the day at this point, but there were still a few other customer’s inside. Nevin rested the basket on the floor just inside the front door, nodding to the salesman as he did so. He didn't want anyone thinking he was trying to lift things from the shop with the basket. Now empty-handed, Nevin headed over to the leatherwork section, to browse what was available. As he did so, he cast one deep, dark red eye across the other patrons in the store, wondering who else would be out this late.

One girl was glancing in his direction. Her eyes a soft green. It reminded Nevin of fresh moss. She wore emerald robes that were wrapped tightly around her torso and shoulders but hung freely from her hips, around her wide hips was a leather rope cord. The material hung loose on her shoulders and ample breasts spilled out, with cleavage leaving little to the imagination. She tilted her head to the side and pursed her lips. Deft hands hid the small potion she was holding away in the folds of her clothing as she offered Nevin a wink.

The alchemist snorted and just raised an eyebrow at her for a moment before giving a soft shake of his head and returning his gaze to the strips and straps of leather he was examining. His long fingers danced along the material as he measured out what he was looking for. Two lengths would be enough - something to go around the neck, and the other to serve as -

“You look exotic.” She came from behind him, he didn’t sense her but he sure as hell smelt her. She was wearing enough perfume to douse a fire. The heady scent made him feel dizzy and he could tell the scents had ulterior motives. Her slender hand danced upon the red lines in his skin. “I love this red, and how bold you are to show it off.” He exhaled forcefully, clearing his sinuses of the thick perfumes she was wearing, and took her wrist firmly in one hand, pulling her hand away from his skin.

“You can look but you can't touch, miss. Already taken.” She was attractive, but compared to the eager to please Eteri, her sultry, smoldering attention was - lacking. He dropped her hand and waved her off dismissively, returning his gaze to the leather.

This length could be a collar, easily. He'd need to get a clasp to go with it, though. Perhaps enchanted to only be removed by him? He took the strip of dark red leather off the display and turned to head to the metal stand - only to find that the green-eyed woman was still standing close, just barely avoiding his elbow as he turned around. One eyebrow rose.

“Is that for your dog?” There was a pause before she stepped in closer, pressing her breasts together as she placed her palms on his chest and slid then down to his waist. “You can collar me up, I do love a dominant man.” Nevin’s eye narrowed. This woman didn't want to be dissuaded easily, did she? That was fine - he could get drastic, since it seemed to be needed.

“I already have a pet, miss.” The red lines beneath her hands writhed, the threads beneath his skin churning against her palms - a wholly unnatural feeling. The alchemist smirked as he watched for the green-eyed woman’s reaction. Her sultry eyes widened then a look of disgust played across her face. “the fuck?” Nevin let out a laugh and stepped back. There was no sign of what had moved as he stepped away - just the innocent red lines that moments before she'd thought were ‘exotic.’ Inwardly, the Alchemist chuckled - no meant no, and she had not listened to him. It felt better, not being ashamed of himself.

“You're sick.” she muttered as she wiped her hands on her robe then shoved past him. Nevin snorted and shook his head - he had warned her not to touch, it was her own fault that she'd suffered for it.

Silently, a man followed her - he gave Nevin a low nod as he passed. Nevin vaguely recalled him from the gallery and he let out a soft sigh knowing something would soon happen to her. He shoved the matter out of his head, and instead focused on what he had come here to do. The proprietor of the shop didn't seem to have paid any attention to the byplay between his customers, which Nevin was thankful for.

The alchemist collected another strip of leather, one much longer, and a few clasps and hooks of metal. The enchanter affirmed that the spells Nevin wanted on it would be quick and easy to place - and indeed, only took a few minutes to set up. Purchase accomplished, Nevin tucked the items into a pocket on his coat, and then headed back out, and towards the market. He still needed to buy food for the evening picnic after all.

His girlfriend never showed up as he went through the market, picking up a few odds and ends. A fair amount of smoked fish and beef went into the basket, along with a few fruits and vegetables. He knew it would be a battle to get Eteri to eat anything but the meat, but it was a cause he was quite willing to dedicate himself to. When he saw no sign of the catgirl as he went through the market, Nevin let out a sigh and shook his head like - he wagered she had completely blanked on meeting him here. Well, that was what one of the matching enchants on the things he had been bought at the enchanter’s shop were for. So he sighed, and he gave a light chuckle, headed towards the forest clearing that Eteri had claimed as theirs some weeks, months maybe now, ago.

She was resting on a flat rock along the river bed, her feet dipped into the running water. Blades of grass stuck to her hair and clothing and Nevin could take a guess that she had literally been rolling around in the grass. She turned to look at him as he approached.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I heard him coming, then I smelt him. That familiar scent of chemicals, blood, and herbs. “Nevin!” I stood and turned to him. He gave me a quirked smile as he approached the center of the small grassy field and lowered the basket to the floor.

“I said meet me at the Marketplace Pet. Not here.” It was a joke, and his lips tilted upward as he looked at me, his eyes gleaming in amusement.

Rather...his entire demeanour sagged. “Nevin? Is yo- are you ok?” I asked as I approached him. His vibrant crimson eyes lowered to look at me as he reached up and rested a hand upon my head and gently stroked my hair. I opened my mouth to speak but paused when I felt it, a strange bubbling, shifting and writhing sensation beneath my hands. I glanced down to his chest where his skin shifted. “Nevin?” Alarmed I drew my hands away and his body tensed. His shoulders rose and he shifted back half a step.

I leaned in closer and pressed my lips to the gurgling skin then wrapped my arms around his torso, pressing my face into his chest. “Please be ok. I will kiss better, yes?” I was… alarmed. I mean, I was used to seeing strange things from the man I loved. Blood tendrils and all but not such a strange and contained writhing sensation. It felt weird, but that was nothing compared to the worry I felt for Nevin. This all started happening the moment I had re-attached the piece of soul I was working on to him. Was this my fault?

“I am sorry.”

I drew away and placed my hands over the gurgling flesh and pressed down. “This might… Be my fault. Because try to fix soul. Will help fix together? “

“No - no.” He drew in a shuddering breath, and let it out slowly, shaking his head as he did so. Crimson strands of hair danced around his head, then stilled as he clenched his eyes shut. I felt my heart tremble as he pulled back, stepping away from me - then where my hands had been, I saw something begin to glow slightly, before it wriggled out from beneath his skin. His threads, the thin bands of semi-solid blood, danced about in the air, revealing the source of the twisting that had been going on beneath his skin. “I just had to deal with something, and wanted to see how you'd react.” I looked up quickly at that odd statement, but his face had smoothed out into that quirked half-smile again. His eyes remained on me for a moment before shifting, swinging away from me as he gestured to the basket.

“Come, we should set up our little picnic, shouldn't we?”

It was… confusing. “How I react?” How did he think I was going to react? I was worried. I still am. I gave him a curious look as I headed over to him and placed my hands over his and gently pulled the basket from his grasp.

“If something bother you. Tell Eteri please.” I said as I stood on my tiptoes to plant a kiss on the underside of his chin.

“You is important to Eteri.” I said as I reached out and pushed those silken strands of red away from dark eyes. I offered him a reassuring smile as I turned from him and headed for the flattened patch of grass I had been sitting in.

I fished around till I found the ragged blue blanket shoved in the bottom of the basket and pulled it out, along with it toppled a few apples. I wrinkled my nose. “Nevinnnnnnn….”

He gave me a wry smile. “You have to eat more than just meat, love. Your body needs what's in the other stuff.”

I huffed and lay the blanket out flat, smoothing it over with my palms. I pulled the rest of the contents from the basket, more fruits… Ugh seriously? Meats both cured and roasted and a variety of crackers.

All the while something bothered me. The way he was acting. I cleared my throat and as we promised I let him know what was on my mind. “you acting strange. First all boasting. Now moody. What happened?”

He paused from where he was sorting out the foods that I was pulling out, and turned to look at me for a long few moments where he said nothing, just stared at me with those dark red eyes. Then he closed them and gave a tight smile, and exhaled softly. Another moment passed before his smile widened, and he chuckled. “Well, I realized I could still freak people out, even if they are getting more used to me. And did it to some tart who thought she could get touchy when I said no.” He shrugged slightly and pulled out a tough piece of bread, and laid some of the meats and a little bit of vegetables on top of the slice of bread. He held the makeshift platter of food out to me.

I furrowed my brow and pushed the plate of food down to the ground. I wasn’t all that hungry. No, I was fuming. Angry. Hurt. “The hell is that supposed to meaning?” I spat back at him. The words must of surprised him as his shoulders stiffened and reared back. His ever Crimson eyes stared curiously at me, almost hurt as though he were a cornered animal.

“You upset because some lady not like you? Nevin...you is a god! You have hundreds of peoples good and bad who follow you!” I pushed myself to a standing position, my small frame looming over his hulking one. “HUNDREDS!” I cried out again. “You are worshipped, adored! loved. Not just by them but by me!” I hit my chest with the flat of my palm, my words cracking, hands shaking.

How could one lady, one insignificant woman do this to him? Where was the strong and confident man I loved? Why was he letting this get to him? “What is the point? What is point of Me doing the this?” I said as I reached down and pulled at his chest, ignoring the wince and grunt of pain he emitted.

A long shimmery wave of colour emerged from him, some places were still dirtied and looked as though it had been dragged through the mud but the majority of his soul was beautiful. A tapestry of rich reds and shimmering purple danced and glistened in the moonlight. Thick weaves of gold tied it all together in a swirling pattern. “What is point of working so hard on this?” I clarified as I let it gently fall back into his body. “When you not even care? When you think more about this one woman has to saying?”

By this point, I was practically in tears. Frustrated. Hurt. Angry. How did he not see his own worth by now? Why...why was he so troubled by one comment by one lady? Sure he may seem like he had gotten over it now, but how long until the next offhand comment, the sideward glance? The look of disgust that would be thrown his way and send him into a downward spiral. I didn’t want that to happen. I couldn’t let that happen.

I’ll kill her.

I’ll fucking kill her.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “Yes, love, I am, and she can. But it didn’t work on me.” He kissed the top of her head, and his fingers splayed against her stomach. She squirmed and her cheeks reddened. “Besides, I was buying something for you when she confronted me, so even if she’d been better at her attempts she chose an absolutely horrid time.” Nevin gave a low, rolling chuckle. “And she got disgusted and freaked out by me, so it didn’t bother me.”

Eteri stilled at the words and her nostrils flared. Her eyes, her tired and dark circle lined eyes narrowed and the slow rumbling of her purring stilled. “I kill her if see. Take care of problem.” she hissed. Nevin grinned and shook his head, and tickled her stomach softly.

“Now, now, I’m not going to tell you what she looked like for that very reason. I don’t want to have to deal with the authorities over this. Besides, apparently our watchers have taken it upon themselves to handle the matter.” He shook his head again, then rested his chin on top of her head, breathing deeply as he did so. Her hair moved slightly with his inhales and exhales, warm air rushing against her skin. She calmed down at this and settled in his lap. They stayed like this for a long few moments as he held her, his arms tightening around her.

“Come, love. We should eat.” He nudged her gently, and tilted his head towards the food spread out on the blanket.

She groaned but obeyed. She shifted back and yawned, rubbing her eyes. “Fine, fine.” Eteri shifted away from his lap and crawled toward the spread. She started piling small cuts of meat onto two white plates.

“Fruits and vegetables, love.” He chided her in an amused voice, watching as her body swayed back and forth as she moved. She had been trying to avoid the other things that he had purchased and brought along, and he saw the way she ducked herself down, trying to make herself smaller when he said that, caught out in her attempt. She hissed at him but there was no anger behind it. Eteri reluctantly added fruits to the plates:an apple each, a pear for him and strawberries for her.

“Here. Just snack anyway. Already ate dinner so why matter if I no eat fruits?” she passed the plate to Nevin and started picking at her own. To her credit she ate her fruits first.

“Habits, my love. Good habits matter even in what you choose to eat. If you get used to eating these things any time we have even a light meal, it won’t bother you as much in the future.” He hummed as he bit into his pear, and the juices trickled around his mouth as he chewed. He wiped them away with his thumb, and with a mischievous glint in his eye, flicked the pear juice at Eteri as she munched on her strawberries.

“gah! Nevin!” she wiped the side of her face. “you is the butt.” She shuffled, turning so her back faced him. Her tail thumped against the blanket as she huffed and began to finish off the last of her food. He laughed, and continued eating his own meal, quietly enjoying just being near her for the time being. Concerns over what the missing steps were to finishing the longevity solution could wait, for one night -he’d finished the base of the serum, at the least, so affording himself some time, to avoid falling back into his obsessions, would be a very good idea.

At one point Eteri forgot she was supposed to be angry at him. She had shuffled back so she was leaning against his chest. She was idly opening and closing the clasp on her bag. Clicking it in and out. Nevin raised an eyebrow and leaned forward, resting his head on her shoulder and watching her idly toying with the bag. Watching her nimble fingers fiddle with the latch reminded him of his own purchase, and he grinned, hiding the expression behind her.

Thin twists of red slid from beneath his skin, darting out to the bag holding the purchase he had made in the enchanter’s shop. It took a little bit of work to get the first thing out without alerting Eteri - her hearing had always been rather phenomenal - but he managed it, mostly by distracting her as he worked. Light kisses and nibbles along her neck and shoulder, tugging at the skin as he pulled it out. Her only reaction was the increase in the rumble of her purring.

“I have something for you, Pet.” He said the words softly into her ear, his tone low and just edging off of a growl. He brought the collar out and around, thin, supple leather that hung before her. A simple silver clasp hung open as he held it in front of her face.

“Oh. Eteri have something… For….you...too ah… What is that?” she asked as her eyes followed the dangling leather. “is nice.” Instead of directly answering, he brought it closer to her, holding it against her skin as he hummed in thought.

“Hmm. You’ll have to give me it soon then, but not yet - this does suit your skin tone better than I thought, I’m glad of that.” The last was said mostly to himself, though not quite quietly. “It’s something to show that you are mine, my pet.” Carefully, gently, he draped the leather around her neck, the clasp hanging down her neckline. “It has a few… enchantments laced into it.”

Eteri stilled. He had her full attention now. “is.. Collar? What mean by enchanting?” her hand reached up to have delicate fingers dance over the leather. She was still, her actions slow. He could tell she was doing her best to be good. The redhead gave a soft hum of approval, and brushed her neck with his fingers.

“It is, dear. And the spells put on it are simple. The clasp, only I can open, keyed to my blood. The leather will stay soft and supple no matter what happens to it, so if you get it dirty it won’t get crusty and rough up your soft skin.” As he spoke of it, he kissed the back of her neck.

Goosebumps formed on her skin and she squirmed in his lap. Eteri made no complaint to the enchantments on it. “You very thoughtful.” He grinned, then dropped his hand down, pressing his hands against her stomach again. He was quiet and calm for a moment before he spoke.

“Only I can open the clasp. But anyone can close it. Your choice, love.” His voice was soft. He didn’t think she would reject him - he seriously doubted it, in fact, but he wanted the decision to be hers.

There we no hesitation. She lifted up her arms and clicked it together. As the clasp closed it shone a soft red glow before the glow and the clasp disappeared leaving naught but a single strip of leather. “Means Eteri is all yours now.” He let out a low sound of approval, a hum mixed with a growl, and tightened his arms around her.

She was shuffling around In her bag, Nevin couldn’t see what she was doing but felt her splay out his fingers. Then she slipped a ring onto his finger. It was a little loose - not sized quite properly. Without really thinking about it, the alchemist coiled threads around his finger, thickening it to the point where the ring would not slide off. Before he could ask what it was for, she spoke up.

“And will you belong to Eteri? Will marry me?” Nevin froze, and his eyes went wide. His arms locked in place around the girl. Even his breathing stilled, before a slight shudder ran through his body. He had not even considered she might be thinking of this, hadn’t thought that even the woman who loved him would want to stay. He took in a slow, shivering breath, and let it out just as slowly, his arms tightening around her even more - to the point of pain, almost, not that he could know.

“Yes, dear. Yes, my love.”

She squirmed around in his grip so she could swivel to face him. She pressed her hands to his cheeks. “no more jumping through fires. No crazies. If going to be dramatic maybe do eith godlings OK?” His breath caught in his lungs again, and he let out a strangled laugh and shook his head slightly, not quite able to breathe right.

“not good?” she lowered her hands so they would rest on his thighs. “not mind. Just want give you everything while I can. I love you Nevin.” He kissed her forehead, and rested his head against hers.

“That’s - not it, my love, my Eteri. I just…” He laughed. “I don’t really choose to do those dramatic things just off the top of my head. I’ll do my best not to. And don’t worry, my Eteri. I will find out how to give you longer.” Without the manic energy of earlier, he could see it now - a tiredness, clinging to the edges of her expression, a tightness that wasn’t there before.

“Well I choose to give you marry and godlings.” She grinned, the tiredness either didn't bother her or she wasnt showing it. She wriggled in his lap and shut her eyes to press her forehead into the crook of his neck. Nevin gave another choked laugh, and tightened his arms around her. This kind of impromptu proposal, it suited her. In this out of the way place that only mattered to the two of them, near the cave that she loved. He let out his breath, and held her tightly.

A member of the NevCrew: