EXP required for next Level: 4,060

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human

Immediate Medical Care (Closed)

Closed to Valus
    It was the night after his first mission as a member of the brotherhood and leader of their covert operations team the Immortals. He alongside two of his best allies had traveled the short distance from Whitevale to Stonevale and what started as a pretty clear cut mission turned into anything but. Sure they had done what they were asked, retaking control of the igneous quarry and killing those who would oppose that decision. But while they didn’t have any trouble dealing with the small band of bandits that thought it would be a wise decision to screw the Brotherhood, the last of the Amatsukami never imagined he would be stuck playing nurse for those who were caught in the cross fire.

It didn’t take long after the fighting stopped for the town’s folk to come flocking to the quarry and even less time for them all to set up a makeshift infirmary. It was crude but functional, a large tarp pulled over a few ten foot posts with a handful of tables to serve as operating tables. Hayate and about six or seven others were all fast at work trying to tend to the fifteen or so wounded. While they all were trying their best sadly none of them had any formal or even unformal medical training.

“Oh god… he’s losing too much blood, I can’t… where are all the doctors?” A young woman screamed as she held her hands firmly over a man’s stab wound. He was convulsing, possibly going into some kind of shock or something, and it wasn’t looking good.

“Keep pressure on that wound!” Hayate yelled across the tent.

“I am,” the young lady yelled back. “But I’m losing him.” Blood was starting to seep through her fingertips at an alarming rate.
    Hayate knew that if it were left up to him these people wouldn’t fair to well, not for a lack of effort, but regardless he had to find a solution. About an hour prior the leader of the Immortals sent his second in command to find someone who could help. Beth Tanner, a young girl with cherry red hair and an attitude to fit, leapt on the back of Hayate’s Hallowmane seeking anyone with the skill to help these poor wounded people.

“Beth should be back soon, hopefully with someone who can help.” The last of the Amatsukami said trying to calm everyone who was trying to save these men’s lives. He wasn’t the most charismatic of people but tried anyway. He was more suited for killing than healing and he knew most everyone saw that the night prior. While he wasn’t proud of his actions as of late they were all necessary for his training but it was starting to get old. No matter what he did Hayate was always picking up the pieces.

“Don’t give up now,” Beth Tanner, second seat, cried as she used her full body weight to kick her massive steed. “Just a little more.” The quarry wasn’t too far from Stonevale, but ever second counted in this race against time. She wasn’t sure what she was going to do but knew she had to find someone, anyone who could help her. Once she arrived at the in town she just started crying for help.

“I need a doctor, ten doctors, someone!” she yelled as rode her horse in circles in the center of town. Sweat leapt from her brow with every frantic twist of her neck. “We have wounded at the quarry!”

A crowd started to form around her but no one spoke up.

“Please!”
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha

GP

Name
    Valus Trestori
    There was a crowd ahead, a lot of people gathering around to look at something in the midst of it. I couldn't tell what was going on, not at first, but crowds generally meant that there was something going on that might require help. I shifted back and forth, trying to shove my way through the crowd - everyone was so bloody tall around here that all I could see as I tried to clear a path was the back of people's heads. I knew I was drawing some attention from people, my case was large enough to push people further out of my way. My ears flicked as I got halfway through the crowd, to the point where I could actually hear the person in the center. Shit!

"Par-pardon me, excuse me, pardon me," I picked up my pace as I pushed past people, but as I got closer people didn't want to move. "EXCUSE ME." I gave one last person a shove, and burst through the last ring of people, into the center of the crowd. A young woman was on a horse - red hair tied up, her eyes wide and frantic as she shouted for help. "Miss! Miss, down here!" I jumped up, waving my arm wildly, trying to catch her attention. Damn it, damn this short body! It took a moment for her eyes to focus on me. "Yes, Miss. I'm a healer, trained. What's going on?" She shook her head, probably ready to dismiss me. I couldn't let that happen. "Miss. Please. Ignore my height, I'm an adult. Whoa, easy there! Shh, shh." I'd been moving closer to the woman on her horse as I spoke, and the mount was clearly feeling its rider's tension. I reached up and stroked the horse's neck, speaking softly as I kept my eyes up on the woman.

"Really. I am trained. What's happened?"

"My group has wounded. We desperately need help. Please." I nodded, and judged the horse.

"Will your mount seat two?" She hesitated, then nodded. I unslung my case and handed it up to her, and her eyes widened as she took it. "Careful, Miss. That's my tools and supplies." She held onto the case as I jumped up. It took me two jumps, and I was getting rather embarrassed, before I was able to actually get a hand on the back edge of the saddle, a firm enough grip to let me pull myself up. I scrambled up, and then took my case back from her. She made sure I was steady, and then we were off, the crowd clearing out of the way rapidly when the horse began moving.

------------

It took twenty minutes, roughly, to get from where the young lady - who I had learned was named Beth - had found me, to the camp that they had set up. She reined the horse in in front of a tent. The smell of blood was thick in the air, along with moans of pain and concerned voices. I hit the ground before the horse had even fully stopped, my knees flexing to absorb the impact before I began moving. I shoved my way into the tent and began looking around. People were rushing about - but one group in particular caught my attention, a woman pressing desperately on a man's chest, trying to stem the flow of blood that was oozing around her stained hands. I shoved through, drawing people's gazes as I forced my way around and over to her. I dropped my case to the dusty ground and quickly unlatched it, throwing the doors open. My hands shot in, and grabbed up wads of sterile gauze and tore them from the thin hook they were hanging from. I discarded the sheathe that they were wrapped in, and moved to the woman.

"When I give the word, remove your hands. I'm going to get this gauze in place to try to start getting the blood to clot. What was he hurt by, smooth edge or barbs? Is there anything left in the wound?" Crises kept my normal shyness at bay as I spat out questions. "Move your hands!" She stared at me blankly for a second, and I let out a low snarl before I shoved her hands out of the way myself and slapped the gauze in place. The white quickly darkened to red, but I kept leaning on the wound as I stared at the woman, my ears flat against my head. "Well? What kind of a wound is this?!"