Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Early dawn came, the first light of the new day - day eight - whispering over the tops of trees and heralding life. Flowers began to open, extending their petals wide, stalks of grass drew upright, like soldiers, and the various early morning merchants - bakers, deliverers and the like - began to shuffle in the streets. Vitruvion steered them at this point towards the emptier parts of the city - the outskirts - and Stare let him, thoughts riddling her mind.

The fact he had quite literally plucked a bolt from the air that she could not stop. The fact he had made his primary concern her health. The fact he had forgotten the food.

But hunger wasn't her priority. He life was. And Stare kept running over and over in her mind over what had actually happened, why it had happened, what good it had brought her. Her life was - what? Hers? Or was it his? What did she want now? How much freedom was he willing to give her now that he owned her body and mind? She knew she had to be adamant in her thoughts of non intimacy right from the beginning.

Vitruvion was ahead by a few paces. Currently he was angling down a street where the buildings had no doors or windows. Instead empty lintels held buildings that had either never been completed, or had all their glass stolen. Through them was emptiness, and Stare thought of the cage she was in, and the bars she would begin to construct for herself.

She sighed. “I … I need to speak,” she said quietly, her voice barely steady with the thousands of emotions wrecking her body.

For a long time now they had been walking in silence, the steady breeze of the afternoon all the sound they needed, and so her voice was a riot in the peace. The god drew to a halt, back as rigid as it had been when they had begun this walk, back when the dawnlight had been darkness. Stare slowed with him, her heart thumping in her small chest like it would break free any seconds and cause havoc, ricocheting through the streets and back to the ten or so guards who outwith hearing distance, but ultimately followed them.

“Vitruvion?” she said determinedly.

He did not turn. He simply acknowledged her. “Yes.”

It was an invitation if there ever was one. The kenku swallowed, her eyes following the waves of his pure white hair and the build of his person. They studied how he was perfectly pieced together, what divine magics had made him, and the proud way that he held himself. Still held himself, after all that he had been through, all he had done.

“Vitruvion, I want you listen,” Stare kept gazing at the back of the man whom she now knew had deeper feelings for her than he would ever confess. Than he wanted to admit. That she wanted him to admit.

He did not move. Instead he remained as statuesque as he had been, upright and strong. Baring his back to whatever words were to come from her mouth.

“Vitruvion, you ruined my life,” she told him. “You stole everything from me. My freedom, my virginity, my future, all of my dreams. You had me kidnapped, you abused and raped me like I was one other worthless mortal to be despised. One other being who you had to misuse, all because you thought that was your right. Your purpose. You took me from what little home I had, changed my name and identity, enslaved me - actually made me belong to you with no preset conditions. You stole the freedom of my mind, took my mortality, made me yours in every respect.”

Her voice was hot, full of anger and burning. Her eyes blazed into the back of him, and if he was not immune to her abilities he would be screaming, huddling on the floor, worse than the man at the pub - because right now she was willing it.

Instead, though, he remained still, a frozen form that was listening but not reacting to her bitter words. Not that she would see anyway.

“I should hate you. With every fibre of my being I should despise and want you dead. Even though you're the son of the being who created my race, I should utterly be disgusted whenever I am in your presence. I should be far away by now, have run a long time ago and never looked back, I should have-”

“Stare!” he interjected, whispering in a low, haunting voice. Immediately she broke off, sucking in her breath and glaring at his back. Slowly, he began to move, his shoulders lifting up and down as he exhaled a great sigh. “Stare … I … I cannot let you go. Yes, you should have run from me, a being who did all those things to you, but I cannot let you go. The very core of my being forbids it, letting you be elsewhere that is not under my protection, letting you stray somewhere that someone else could harm you, I cannot let that happen, for …”

For he could not bare to see her go. He could see her hate him, spit at him, not want him near her but he could not see her die. To not have her was to be with death, and he was a god. Immortal, potentially invulnerable, responsible for everything he claimed protection over and she was it for him. The centre of his divine concentration.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “I know,” she said gently. “I know,” she breathed out, her eyes sliding to the floor.

“I told you once, and I will tell you again,” his voice rumbled, filled with agony. “If I have to I will keep you with me, no matter how reluctant you become. If you come to despise me, then there is a solution. The first home I ever owned here is a tall house, on the edge of a cliff. I would keep you there, where you would not have to see me, but I could know you were safe. But still I would know where you are. You are mine, Stare. Nobody else's.”

“So you don't regret it?” she said, now pain and sorrow coming into her voice. “Taking my life from me? Making me … this?”

His head tilted around. The white hair wavered as he twisted at the shoulder, the stern line of his jaw coupled with the smooth curve of that nose and the corner of a single ice blue eye that bore into her black ones with an intensity that told her that he was listening. That he did care about this conversation. That he did care about everything.

“I regret what you had to endure for it,” he quietly replied. “That I have hurt you. That I am … hurting you. But you have to know that I cannot - I -” he twisted back around, his expression twisting into something macabre. “Fuck this darn world,” he cursed, “These people in it. You want to never see me again? Fine. I'll make it that you do not, I'll send you to that house. But there is danger out there, Stare, a far greater danger than there ever has been before and I - cannot see you get hurt again. Not by me. Not by him. Not by anyone!”

And he threw himself all of a sudden. His ringed fist rose, glinting with power and wonder as it flew. In a split second he went from calm to a swift, his hand colliding with the wall of the empty building closest to him.

[B]Wham.[/I] There was a mist of dust. Tiny hurricanes twisted into the air, rising on unseen currents with a rain of brickwork splinters. Stare jumped as the god gouged out a heavy portion of the wall, the stone crumbling like powder as his divine strength slammed against it. But she remained quiet and as the mist cleared, slowly but easily, the brown dust falling to the ground she could see him remaining there. Arm extended, elbow high and fist still shoved into the wall. His face was a contorted mess of frustration, angry at himself, angry at his world, angry at what his father had done to him, and how he had treated her even as time had gone on and he had learnt more about what she meant to him, what she could do for his life, how she was bringing him closer and closer to the god he could honestly be …

“Fucking shit,” he whispered as he stared.

And in that moment Stare felt pity for him. Or, she had always felt pity for him, knowing what he had been through in his own life, all of it out with his control. He was her rapist, her enslaver, the one creature she truly blamed for all that was wrong in her life, yet - yet.

As he began to shake, she took a step forwards. And, as slow as a bear first emerging from its winter hide, she extended her hand forwards, her clawed fingers twisted and black, as black as he had made her or as black as perhaps she had always been, and he had merely found that side of her. Carefully she stretched and touched his shoulder, fingers shaking as their flesh met.

“Vitruvion?” she whispered.

And his eyes slid closed. He moved, head coming forwards to meet his fist and pressing his temples against the cold, broken stone. A god, but broken, hating what he had done to her, not able to forgive himself yet still unable to give her up.

“Vitruvion, “ she breathed slow as she came closer. “My lord, I'm not going to ever truly be happy, but I -” she tightened her grip around his shoulder, swallowing for what she was about to say. “I … I want to make a deal.”

Confused, and alert, his eyes sparked open. Now his sorrow and anger was quickly gone and he turned to look at her directly, brow coming low over his eyes with deep concern.
    “A deal?” he asked, unsure, not hiding his disgust and distrust at the idea. “Stare, this is about you and I, not-”

“Will you please let me speak?”
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    His expression darkened and narrowed his eyes slightly. Still he hated being talked to in that manner but he was pausing, letting her talk in a way he would never have done pre-discovery of their divine connection. The god huffed, straightening slightly and looking at her with a disgruntled irritation.

Stare felt her heart hammer as she looked at the man who had stolen everything from her, and prepared to negotiate him for the remainder of her existence. She dropped her hand from his shoulder and neatened her wings beneath her cloak.

“I … I will stay with you Vitruvion,” the words slipped through her beak with deliberation, each one a century of meaning. “Willingly and without protestation. I will stop fighting, stop blaming you for every little thing. I will put my trust in you, give you my loyalty if you want it … my fealty if you're that arrogant.”

The words fell from her beak like drops of snow, gentle but able to cause an avalanche.

Vitruvion breathed in slowly, not betraying any thoughts on his face, as it became a mask of neutrality. He blinked, the azure eyes disappearing for just a single second. It was a few seconds before he answered. “And what do you want in return?” he asked quietly.

Stare swallowed. “I … know you want more from me,” she murmured, her eyes slipping from his to look at her hand on his shoulder. Letting it slide off she kept talking. “But I cannot give you it all. For reasons you have to understand I - I do not want to be intimate ever again with you, Vitruvion. I also want to ask that you - you free me for Ansaldo's sake. I will be yours in loyalty, but I ask not in property.”

He looked at her a moment, eyes narrowing. “The latter …”

“Please,” she said desperately. “Just think about it.”

There was a look of disgruntlement on his face but he nodded slightly.

She let out a sigh of relief. It was the best she had gotten in a while. “That, and I want to know the plans you have for me, I want to know if you wish to … turn me into a crow or whatever. I want to have a say in my life. But I will take into consideration what you have for me and my future, and stay with you.”

“Into consideration?” he replied, and her gaze darted up again. His eyebrow arching slightly, but in his eyes she could see intensity, as if he was delighted in what she spoke of, what she was proposing.

“Vitruvion, I don't want to be simply told what I am doing with my life. For the majority of things, such as if we moved city, if you decided to have a child,” his other brow shot up, “if you … decided to wage war on an entire civilisation - those you could tell me the minute before it occurs. But if they concern me directly, for instance you wanted me to marry, those are times I will-”

Suddenly Vitruvion leant forwards, cutting off her words with surprise. His arm that had previously been battering on the wall slipped down and wrapped around her waist, carefully curling around her wings. Stare's eyes widened as he grabbed her and then hoisted her into the air, pulling her easily up so that her head was level with his, as her back wing pressed into his side. His eyes were still dark but she saw upon his lips the faintest flicker of a smile. Easily he switched his grip so that he was embracing her but also holding under her legs. Then, quite elegantly, he twisted around, moving his eyes away from her face and continued down the way they had been headed, except now with her fully in tow.

“Vitruvion, I have not even finished,” she said, trying to shove at his arm.

“I agree to the majority,” he said simply. “You should know, however, that you will never marry.”

“That is precisely one of the situations that concern myself that I am asking that we discuss!” she stressed. As she struggled she found herself unstable and her more free wing began to flop. Quickly he adjusted his hold to take her spare wing into account, pinning it to her back as she gripped into his shirt. It was not that she was comfortable with his holding her so, but that she had more pressing matters to discuss, than his apparent dismissal of the entire negotiation.

“Fine,” he replied, dryly, coming to a halt. He lowered his arm, letting her drop to the floor, but kept a hand on her shoulder. Looking at her right in the eyes he spoke. “Do you agree, that given the circumstances, having stated what has been said, that you marrying would be entirely inappropriate?”

Stare growled. “At the moment, yes, but-”

“And romantic relationships,” he went on, “How about them?”

He had once ordered her never to have one. Now, he was doing little more than that, presenting her with information that showed just exactly how less of a possibility they were now. Not that she was entirely interested in them - there was something in her growing that she did not need romance in her life in order to continue. Even having intercourse with anyone would cause complications to a degree that neither of them were willing to discuss. Quite simply, Stare had seemingly won her side with a lack of intimacy between herself and Vitruvion, and she was currently satisfied to leave her sexual experiences entirely in the past. Her eyes dropped down. So, this was going to be one of his points of negotiation.

“I … do not need them,” she honestly said, “I did not need them even when you forbade me from them. I agree to them not being a part of my life.”

“Good,” and he tugged her to him, sweeping an arm down to take her up once more. She rolled her eyes, but this time gripped onto his shoulder as she felt a confidence come into his stride. His paces lengthened, his breathing seemed to ease, and his shoulders relaxed. Eyes dropping down she saw his fingers clutching around just behind her knees, holding her steady against himself, and she huffed a little as he murmured.

“Willingly mine, Stare,” he said, “that is what you said.”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “Public displays of … this does concern me,” she replied, letting the dislike coming into her voice. “And so, this should be discussed.”

“A negotiation works both ways.” he tightened his jaw, and she could feel the tension in his body, “This is one of mine.”

“They also take time,” she hissed, “this is precisely the sort of thing that I wanted to talk about before you just-”

They moved around a corner. Stare cut off as Vitruvion, possibly deliberately, turned them right into the path of Zulon. The guard’s breath rushed out of his chest, and drew to a halt, automatically pulling himself up sharper.

“Sir,” he said quickly, “This was not deliberate, I ordered the men to remain a respectful distance.”

Vitruvion shook his head slightly, the gentleness of a smile coming to his lips. Shifting his arm he lifted Stare higher onto his body, causing her already shocked and frozen form to need to lean back against his shoulder. “It is likely time we should be heading back. Would you inform the men that there is a change of direction?”

Zulon blinked a few times, his brows rising as he glanced up to Stare. As dumbfounded as she she looked first from him to Vitruvion and began to open her beak, but the god let out a light laugh. She could hear the joyous being of his heart through his skin, suddenly aware that this was exactly what he had wanted for months. To bear her, to hold her without her struggling and moaning, and though it had been forced Stare had not immediately fought against it. Rather, she had anchored herself better, and somewhat settled now into his hold as he carried her past Zulon, his acting captain of the guard …

His request, he had called it. His desire. The closest he could get to intimately touching her, bestowing her with sweet kisses, and ultimately having her body. Public displays of affection. Willingly his, to an extent. Stare had a choice in that moment, a single chance to choose how her future life would be. As Vitruvion started up the pace again, heading right past Zulon, Stare saw her existence before her, now eternally accepting that she was going to be with him. And she could spend it bitter and resented, refusing every each touch that he longed to give her or - or -

Make it easier. Act in the way that she had fought against and that she had forced behind doors, every time Vitruvion crept into her bed at night, every time he had held her close, every time he had had devotedly stroked her feathers. Devoted, not possessive. Or both? A positive possession? Caring, to the point that she had felt claustrophobic, but that was the point of this negotiation, to explain those parts of her life where she felt Vitruvion was smothering her freedom as a suffocation rag.

“Well?” he whispered to her, in his now warmer, curious voice, quiet enough for only her to hear.

Steadily she breathed, her head twisting around to watch Zulon over Vitruvion’s shoulder. The guard stood, brows raised, watching in awe as around him soft snow began to fall from the sky. Cold, but small and harmless it floated down from the heavens and came to rest on the end of his nose and her beak as Vitruvion’s paces carried her further and further away. Away from an old life that had been full of unspoken anger, now into one that she had committed herself to - only with words but it made all the difference now that she had said, that she was submitting entirely into the act of an eternity at his side. Not fighting it anymore, not resisting but rather accepting, and open and at a form of understanding better than she had had not one hour ago.

A world before her. A thousand lifetimes. Living with her god, in a better future with a confirmation that she would be aware of what was to come when she was concerned - nothing like the shock of immortality coming to her again.

Deep her breast her heart continued to throb. But Stare had already made up her mind. Perhaps she had done it long ago, but really now it came to bud, as she sighed finally, and twisted away from Zulon. Sweeping her arm over his shoulder she allowed the man who had ruined her life to carry her. And she forced herself to relax, sighing out a last breath.

“You ruined my life,” she whispered to him.

“Yes I did,” he murmured back, the smile fading from his lips but his hold around her tightening. “But hurting you again is not upon my agenda.”

“Just leave it a couple of hundred years,” she muttered, yet she settled down more, realising that trying to explain her situation now to Nosdyn, Nevin, McKinley and all other friends was going to be interesting. No, she was still not going out with Vitruvion.

They got to the edge of a main road. A rumble told of a carriage coming, and as they waited, Stare could peer over the edge of her arm to see two armed men stepping around corners, their hair sprinkled lightly with the falling snow. It was dotted over her feathers already, starkly contrasting to the dark and she blinked slowly, watching as they paused, similarly to Zulon raising brows. Stare tensed, knowing that this was just the beginning; that the next few days were going to be full of questions, glares, confusion. Blaze was going to be inconsolable, and Sable perhaps more sane. The kenku’s breathing began to accelerate as the man who bore her squared himself, twisting slightly to nod back at the guards.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    No words. Two fine horses pulling a carriage rumbled loudly past, causing Stare to sit upright in alarm. Vitruvion steadied her easily, before raising his other arm, and pressed against her shoulder to hold her still as he picked up his feet and headed over the road.

My agreeing to stay with you willingly was not … meant to provoke this.

He quickened his pace to avoid a rider on a grey stallion charging down the road. As I said, Stare, he replied also in the mind, the privacy of it more suitable now. 'This’ is my request. You know - he broke off, and she could feel the pride that ruled him begging him not to continue.

I know, she answered. I never thought it would be so public.

As per your other term, I will not … touch you … like that. His words came out as a growling stutter.

There are others, she growled, Other things I want to say. Not at the very least to get some clarity on what he meant by 'thinking about’ freeing her.

And we will discuss them, he replied. Compromise, but for the most part, we have an agreement.

Stare blinked twice, her eyes wondering over the sliver of his face that she could see from her position. There was a sincerity that she saw in his eyes, a sternness in his jaw that she knew immediately she could trust.

She glanced back over his shoulder, watching as more guards joined their rear, stepping out from the gloom and the early morning snow that they had hidden themselves in as she and Vitruvion had begun their long, nighttime walk. Now, they were gathering, coming out of silence to gaze at what had precisely become of their employer and his favourite.

Finally she saw Brer come around the corner, and the half giant paused for a moment before throwing her a rare smile. She sucked in her breath quickly, sitting up, taller - and Vitruvion played on it. He looked back to see the collection of his employees, surveying them with a general sweep of his eyes before he smiled. Stare saw in that moment genuine pleasure and happiness, a rare sight for a man who had been through so much. And for her - an honest moment of bliss was beyond her much of the time, because of what she had been through and what she had seen. Because of what he had done, but other things also. Her whole family dying, her brother killing her. He had made her with the same hardened heart he had, and now she had decided to devote her life to giving up fighting, to working with him. Indeed, she would have remained in some close proximity to him, fighting for every chance of freedom she could - but this way … there was far more patience and kindness and hope. And the tall house he had mentioned - she doubted it would feel like she was a princess, locked away in a tower. Indeed, the fact that he had not misused Blaze and Sable for the past three months gave Stare some hope - although it could not excuse their ruined lives. With her own willingness to a fairer future with him, Stare honestly hoped that the two girls would now never need to suffer again.

Vitruvion could always use prostitutes.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    He shifted with her thoughts. Beneath her he took in a laborious breath before focusing back before them. His grip around her, still with both hands, became more determined. Angling down a further street he quickened his pace, twisting around corners as finally the appearance of all ten guards became apparent. Stare own pulsed raced, knowing now that it was far too late to change her mind in all of this - that word of how he had carried her would spread and any rumours that had been as whispers would be confirmed. It was a life she was going to have to face, and a life he had stated as his part in the agreement.

There before them was the guard house. Old and lonely as the only used building for three blocks, yet bustling with enthusiasm as morning began. Stare mumbled as Vitruvion started towards the door, his stance rigid and full of purpose.

“Please let me down here.” Her voice was barely audible.

“You do not trust me now to carry you down stairs?” he replied, the happiness lingering in his tone.

She stiffened as she stared at the building coming towards them, and the people it bore. “It is not about that, it is -” she stopped though, as his hand carrying her released her. Loosening her hold around his shoulders she slid down to the ground as he allowed her to, never missing a pace in his step.

And then she was walking beside him, her breath fast, and her eyes blinking fast, as the world in which they now lived came to more of a realisation to her. Vitruvion's guards came into place behind them, and the god bore himself proudly. As they approached the door, polite nods came from those exiting and entering. Stare was filled with the knowledge that her decision was suddenly permanent, that this was it, this was her life. As they came to the door, Vitruvion took a pace to the side at just the right moment so that she angled in.

She paused only briefly, confusion hitting her but understanding quickly. Easily he moved in behind her as she took the lead, heading through the only route that she really knew in this place, down into the depths of the building and towards the Hollow.

Silence was between all twelve individuals as they made their way through the doors, stairs and rooms. Stare imagined that those who were with them made up a large part of the guards who lived in the Hollow anyway, under Vitruvion's command. Naturally there would be some currently holding the doors secure at both Blaze’s and Sable's rooms, but beyond that … of the little she knew of the mercenaries Vitruvion employed, the majority of them had followed them into town.
    It showed something of his obsession to keep her safe.

“We're headed to the antechamber,” he murmured behind her.

Simply she blinked, and did not argue. She pushed open the various doors, ignoring as best as she could the various accoutrements. Her rear claws clicked softly on the ground as she gained to the room of soft furnishings and minimalist decoration; where she had been kept that past week. Her sofa was still chaotic, with its pile of cushions and abandoned blanket, and his pouch of papers was on a side table. She stopped close to the centre of the room, pausing by an armchair where she looked around her at the patterns in the fabric. There were sounds that followed her; the beats of feet and the mumbles of voices. They were not for her to hear, and likely did not concern her so she ignored them, instead wondering just to what extent she had allowed her life to change by saying a few simple words.

She remained as she was until a louder voice spoke up. “Zulon, if you could arrange for more mine and Stare's belongings to be brought here.”

Stare turned, her brow rising. “What?”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Vitruvion was standing close by, leaning on the arm of his favourite armchair and speaking to the elite human swordsman. He glanced around to her.

“Things are dangerous right now, Stare. I've put off actually bringing more personal effects over here from the mansion for some time, but it must be admitted that this is safest.”

Her brow furrowed and she huffed. “The matter has not changed that I am not fond of it here.”

“Yet you stayed here the past week.”

“Because you locked me in! And sent me here in the first place!”

“Stare, did not you use 'moving city’ as one of your examples wherein I did precisely not have to confluence with you?” The familiar smirking smile began to flicker onto his face.

Stare paused and scowled slightly. He had a point. Zulon glanced between the two of them, curiosity plain. The god waited for her to answer, then twisted back to Zulon, “If you could arrange that. Stare and I apparently have some discussion to do.”

The guard nodded a little, before throwing the kenku a last small grin. “Of course sir.” He left in a rapid movement, a certain spring coming into his pace. As soon as he closed the door behind him Stare looked over.

“This isn't its own city.”

“No,” Vitruvion agreed, “But it is highly similar. Moving here only has your future dependent on it in the way that you could be less safe, where you outside of here. Which is now one of my primary focuses of concentration,” he nodded to the room as he leant away from the armchair. “Yes?”

She blinked, eyeing him, but replied.

“Fine,” she grunted.

“Is there any wine?” he asked as he began to ease off his coat.

Stare paused a moment before she shook herself. Thinking a moment she remembered the dinner the previous night and where Zulon had placed the bottle at, just in case. She moved, wandering over to near the mantlepiece, with its would-be fake fireplace within. There stood a cabinet, and with a slight bend of her legs she opened it. Finding in it actually a variety of red wines she grabbed what she knew would satiate his appetite for now.

Naturally she turned and he was already lounging across the sofa that was not designated hers, watching her.

“Where you done detailing your conditions, or was I right, and do we have more to discuss?”

“You accepted them rather fast,” she muttered as she walked over, balancing the wine in her hand as well as two goblet. She unscrewed the bottle with the same hand that held it and began to pour.

“I did,” he agreed, “I agreed to the basics of what you proposed, but there are finer details always. I have not built the businesses I have based on ignorance of that fact.”

“I want you to take my freedom seriously, though,” she said firmly, holding out the filled goblet to him as she gained closer.

“And I will,” he inclined his head as he leant up to take it.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Vitruvion watched her carefully before he took a first sip. “Stare, I need your confirmation that you are wanting this. That you are … willing. Because there will be no going back. I mean it when I say eternity.”

“You yourself have made it clear that the other way of living would be be holed up somewhere, locked in a tower like some destitute princess.”

“That is very abolutist of you, my dear,” he replied, but he did not smile. In fact he was far from the bliss of before. His gaze was still filled with desire for the answer to his question.

Stare looked down at the wine, her heart thudding. Her mind began to whirl, wondering if she really good back out now. If she could say that no, she was no longer interested and that instead she hated him, wanted to leave and -

She dragged in her breath and twisted around, taking both wine bottle and goblet with her. Letting herself fall she moved onto the sofa, placing herself right by him, inches from his form with her hands. Yet she did not settle, not yet; instead she began to pour her own goblet of wine, letting the crimson liquid flow. Beak halves pressed tight together she leant forwards and dumped the bottle on the floor, letting out a huff through her thin nostrils.

And then she sat back, wine in clawed hand, body a slump. Blankly, she stared into the centre of the room, viewing the place that was to become their home for the foreseeable future.

“Stare?” he asked again.

She breathed in and looked over at him, her great black eyes blinking. Studying his features she took in the image of the man and god who was there, whose father had created her race, and who himself had stolen her life from her. A man she knew she could not avoid, whom she had spent more energy on than anyone else to ensure his happiness, his pleasure, and his satisfaction.
    Her employer. Her master. Her god.

“I am loyal to you, my lord,” she spoke seriously. “Willingly, I commit to you, from now until my final death.”

His lips parted as she pulled the goblet towards her drink. As she let the rich red liquid run down her throat, he did also, breathing out a satisfied sigh as they imbibed together. When the goblets were brought back down he was unsubtly smiling at her, a look of contentment across his face.
    Seconds of silence passed. Stare could only breathe then, listening to the words as they fell away from her ears, those pieces of information that adhered her unbidden fealty.

He switched hands to place the goblet in the one that was far from her. Then his now free arm raised up, extended back, fingers lightly gesturing. Stare blinked before she grunted, unsure of why she was surprised in any manner. She pulled more wine down her throat before she moved closer, ridding the universe of the few inches of space between them.

As soon as she was close enough, his arm fell around her. Scooping her form around, about her waist, he tugged her to his side, easing her against him. Only did she resist slightly as he brought her body in line with his, finally stopping to rest his hand on the rise of her hip. She huffed for a moment, but day there. Quietly, she sighed before relaxing into the position she was sure to be in for some time.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “Other details …” he murmured, bringing his goblet to his lips. “I think it will be easier for all of Mer is sent away.”

Stare blinked, thinking of the elf, bastard daughter of the de facto queen of Raiaera, who lived in Vitruvion's mansion and had originally been hired as Stare's apprentice. For two weeks or so now she had been doing Stare's business management work on her own.

“Is she not useful?” Stare was surprised to hear herself champion the woman, though she was not the greatest fan of her. “She's … doing everything.”

“Stare, we both know perfectly well Mer intends on proving herself as your replacement. With the recent progressions, her arrogance has only grown. Yes, she has her usefulness, and her advantages, but with the considerations of the dangers that we face …”

“But the businesses ..”

“Can cope themselves,” he replied. “You have handled them well this past year, teaching valuable skills to the managers. If there are emergencies then I will visit, but it must be a new era for them.”

“What about the mansion?” Stare asked, sitting up somewhat.

He peered down at her. “If it is necessary, we will close it up, for now, telling the household to return to their homes, giving them a stipend. Many noble families have other homes, to which they reside at certain times of the year.”

“Radasanth,” Stare murmured. “And your mysterious tall house.”

“Indeed.” Vitruvion drank back. He drained his goblet, then took a moment to adjust his hold on her as he leant forwards, taking her briefly with him. Setting his goblet on the ground he allowed her a rest bite of setting her own goblet on the floor before his arm pulled around her waist again. A slight, meaningful nudge and she could adjust to his desire to relax once more. Together they settled back down, his posture less stiff and her feet now curled beneath her body.

“One question,” she asked suddenly. He raised an eyebrow and looked sideways at her. “Am I still technically your employee? Do I have a salary still?”

He pursued his lips a moment and frowned slightly. “Well, I have not arranged for your monthly salary to be cancelled or altered in any way. I do not see any reason to cease it's transaction.”

“I did not know with the change in circumstances …” she shrugged a little. “You would take it as an excuse to save money.”

“I've never been an overly scrupulous person, Stare,” he replied, “In fact I am sure I pay most people too much, there was a comment one of the guards made …” he frowned a little. “I am 'overtly generous’?”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Certainly, Stare had never heard of someone complaining because they were employed by one of Vitruvion's businesses and paid too little. From what she knew of the mansion's accounts, which she herself often organised, the wages for his workers were above the average. But then, even when she had been living with him at the beginning, as his slave concubine, people had mentioned he was a highly rated employer.

“I am?” he raised his brows as he took in her surface thoughts. “Indeed. How curious.”

“My work,” she said, “And title as your steward. Are those to change?”

“Again, I see very little reason to,” he shrugged. “Of course, committing to your usual work duties now in the circumstances would not be appropriate whilst we face the danger we do, but … in time? We shall see. For now the businesses can certainly govern themselves - in fact I will go visit them tomorrow and organise such.”

There was nothing in it that she was interested in arguing. Thus, she only nodded and laid her head back down into the curve of the sofa, between the back of it and his shoulder.

“The greatest change, Stare, will be how people view you. More dramatically now than … those rumours.” He stiffened slightly, “those have been exaggerated and I have instructed Zulon to quell them but - I will not back down from my desire for … this,” he nodded at her, resting on his side. “That, as I said, is my request if you are so determined that I converse with you on many of the smaller details of our existence.”

“Details that concern my future,” she specifically pointed out.

“Those,” he curled his lip. “But I agreed to those terms, and thus, if it makes you less agitated, then …”

“I want to avoid another situation like the immortality meteor,” her voice was slightly bitter and irritated. “That was not good, and I still have not forgiven you on that front.”

“My defences on that still remain.”

Slightly, she rolled her eyes, but was silent. Their conversations on her surprise about immortality had already been and done, as she had been living with the reality of it for two months and more now.

“For your comfort, for those who ask I will not lie about our … lack of intimacy,” he said quietly. “I would not boast of what I do not have.”

She stiffened slightly, a lump forming in her throat. Yes, he had said, promised even, that he would never touch her inappropriately, as a lover might, but his hand on her hip was uncomfortably close. It was not that she did not trust him, but the reminder …

The hand began to slip from her hip, and she could see the consternation cross his face. The disappointment. The irritation.

“No, wait,” she said quickly, surprising herself more than anything. He paused, hand hallway in the air. Quickly, she shook her head. “I do trust you.”

Hesitantly Vitruvion returned the hand, yet he did it terribly lightly. “I have never lied to you, Stare. I may have hidden the truth, but I have never lied.”

Quietly, she nodded as he replaced his hand, and forced herself to relax. It was, after all, quite a sustainable fact to show he had never lied. It was something he had never done, laying out his expectations of her plainly and obviously.

“So,” he muttered, huffing out his own breath. “Is that everything?”

“Is that everything of your requests?” she asked, tilting her head up him.

He paused, forehead creasing slightly, before he shook his head. “Only that you continue to be as you are. As stubborn as you come,” he twisted his lips into a savage smile. “You still work for me, you are still in my employ and my service. The issues of ownership,” her body beneath his hold tensed, but he continued to go on, having completely expected the reaction, “I will think on and give you an answer in due course. As to your cuff … you have not explicitly requested that that be removed in anyway.”

Stare blinked a few times, her body now exceedingly rigid. Her right hand clasped over the cuff at her left wrist - that immovable thing that he had placed the original on many months ago at the same time as legally laying claim to her. They had both been ways to control her before either of them ever knew about their divine connection. The cuff in every respect had become more of a useful tool, and Stare genuinely had gotten used to the fact that there was always a being behind her, potentially watching.

“I would hope you consider the first seriously,” she growled. “That is … you should know how much it disgusts me.” And the second …” she paused, frowning, wondering why it was nothing she had considered. “It never passed my mind. I think I have gotten used to not having privacy even in my mind anymore that … well.”

He let a pause hang in the air, before he answered. “Yet you did not specify it into your proposal. With those words you have just said, I would strongly suggest it remains it is, for a variety of reasons. Your safety for one. Unless a significantly major issue concerning them emerges.”

“Suggest?” she grumbled.

“We are in the realms of negotiation,” he said lightly. “But you would need to negotiate something particular else in exchange. A fair compromise.”

What was worth the freedom of her mind? Stare could think of one thing that she could give him that might make him consider it, but her mind stopped as soon as she considered it.

“I have nothing,” she grumbled.

“Then we continue as we with it,” then he paused, and he looked down at where his hand rested on her hip before breathing in. “However, Stare, there is something of consequence you should perhaps be aware of.”