I flexed my hand and stared down at it, watching my glove ripple on the back of my hand. The bar was rather quiet at the moment, and I sat in one corner, propping my feet up on the table in front of me. Currently I didn't have a Hunt to pursue, and it was a rare moment of down-time for me. The Academy had told me to take the chance to rest and recuperate after my confrontation with my treacherous friend, and that they would let me know if they had anything I needed to be aware of.

So I was at a bit of a loss on what to do. I wasn't much one to sit around and wait, doing nothing - I was an active man and being told to just wait irritated the hells out of me. But I'd also been told that if I kept overly active without them contacting me then they'd hold back on giving me information right away, and I did not want that happening. No, if they got anything more about the people who had held me for those years that I was missing, I definitely wanted to know about it as soon as possible.

So for now, I would be ‘good’ and wait. And drink slowly, because even on vacation I didn't want to dull my edges. As I sat I stared into the swirling alcohol glaring at it. At this point? I knew no one, nothing. My friend had betrayed me, tried to kill me, and died for it. Amari thought I was dead, and the only person close to her who knew the truth wanted me to stay away until I could help a prisoner get free. Vixen was the Moon only knew where.

So on my little vacation, I didn't even have someone I could go and talk to. All I could fucking do was sit and stare moodily into my booze until the Academy sent someone to find me. It kind of infuriated me, being so passive, it I needed their resources, so I had to play their game.

I let out a snort and drained the mug, ignoring the sharp bite of the alcohol as it burned its way down my throat. Before I had even finished setting the mug down, the barmaid had brought me another. I knew, of course, that this bar was associated with the Academy, and the dean - the only friend I knew who I still trusted - had likely told them to keep me occupied for as long as I was here. They certainly had been giving me enough drinks over the past few days, and refusing to accept payment.

I sighed, shoulders slumping, before I ran my finger along the rim of the mug. This enforced peace was driving me up a wall, and I really didn't know how much longer I could take it. Hell. I was tempted to go try and hunt down a member of the Golden Lily, see if any of them were in Alerar, and try to pass a message to Philomel. I wondered if the Faunus woman still hated me for what I'd done to her?

Bah. It was probably better if she did. She didn't need a Hunter like me in her life. She needed the nobles, the heroes who would strive to be good. I was, not that, not by a long shot. I tried, especially now that I had my memories, I tried, but I was too… Brutal, too vindictive. I couldn't be the noble hero, not for anyone. I growled and slammed back the alcohol, this time draining the entire thing in one gulp. I dropped it down, ignoring the slightly surprised look on the barmaid’s face as she brought over another mug.