GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

The Meeting

[Solo. Testing out writing through first person pov!]

Radansanth was quite the city to behold. It’s legendary citadel was the crowned jewel of Corone’s capital. I had taken a hotel room for a day or so, hoping to find a permanent home soon. No way was I going to bug my big brother by moving in with him! Plus, I was eighteen now, it was about time I found my own place.

The three story up hotel room was dainty and timid. The queen sized bed was neatly made with brown and white quilts and blankets. The nightstand next to it was currently cluttered with stuff from my alchemy kit, plus my explosive metal bluebird. I had carelessly tossed my other bags onto the bed, my sword with it. My bows and quivers of arrows were leaned against the oak beam wall. I passed a cozy painting of Salvar’s northern lights, grabbing a pear from a fruit bowl on the desk. Taking a massive bite, I opened the glass door to the small balcony. Leaning against the rail, I closed my eyes. A pleasant breeze rustled my red hair. Savoring the soft, sweet pear, I opened my eyes again. The city below was crowded with busy folk, even in the evening. As the orange sun set in the purple sky, the towering Citadel cast a long shadow across the town of humble houses and markets. I was sure I heard a blacksmith somewhere in the distance, hammering metal into shape. The smell of fresh baked bread hit my nose. I have to go get some tomorrow!

Yet, something inside me felt off. Well, actually I always felt off. Today, however… My eyes narrowed, I could feel eyes watching me. I knew what it was too. I pushed myself off the railing, sighing. Just because you saved me from a drave once, doesn’t mean you can stalk me!

Actually, I realized, it had been haunting my steps since I first stepped into Corone’s borders. It was not the eight o’clock chill that made me shiver, but him.

Stupid owl!

I could not see it yet, but it was here.

I slowly chewed the next bite of pear, looking around. The surrounding buildings showed no signs of the cream colored bird. I had to look at the neighboring balconies. Nope! Not there. I felt myself scowl, a bout of frustration exploding in my chest. I turned around, looking up.

On the white shingles of the roof above, the owl stood, on vigil.

“You!” without thinking, I threw the half eaten pear at the dumb bird. In a split second, however, it took off. It seemed faster than your average fowl, silently taking off and soaring around. Watching the barn owl, I took a step back. Who knew why it was following me. I was a fool to come out here unarmed! What did this thing want with me? Why was it haunting me, forever watching my every movement? Goosebumps formed on my pale, Eiskaltian skin as the owl found a perch on a balcony next to me. It watched me, waiting. Did it want me to speak? It’s amber eyes burned me, and I burnt myself was defensive rage.

I threw my arms, “What are you!?! Who are you?! What do you want with me?!”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-21-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The crisp evening air did not stay the heat overtaking my body. Infuriation, conscientiousness, fear… My blood boiled. My skin broke into sweat. Fists tightened, I glared at the owl.

Its – or his, I remember a male voice – feathers were rustled in the wind. In turn, the cream and white bird looked quite fluffy. Usually, I would find such a sight adorable. This thing, however, had been invading my privacy! No! He could not get away with it. His explanation better be good, I mused.

The bird suddenly took off again. I thought he was daring to get away. Instead, he made a U turn and flew straight into my room. My room! Why?! I stomped after him, raging. “WHAT DO YOU THINK-“ Wait – he was glowing. The white and pale gold light glimmered. I could swear I saw letters, numbers, and symbols surrounding him faintly. The figure started to change, the light grew to a blinding rate. I had to cover my eyes. I raised my arm, shielding myself. Then, with rapidly blinking eyes, I looked back, lowering my arm.

A humanoid stood in the owl’s place.

He had long, white hair, fair skin, and glowing amber eyes. He wore a white trench coat, white silk shirt, and black pants. Instead of feet, he had sturdy talons. I honestly felt afraid. I caught myself taking a step back. The floorboards moaned beneath my boots. I watched the boy, about my age, with caution. Compared to the bland room, his presence shimmered like diamond. He was like a bright star shinning in a dead autumn night. He turned towards the bowl of fruit on the desk. He swiped a peach. Grasping it, he looked back towards me. He seemed to appear surprised. “Why are you upset?”

…

Why…

…

Am I

…

Upset?

…

…

…

…

“OH, I’LL TELL YOU WHY I’M ‘UPSET', OWL BOY!!!”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 09-28-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.