Adventurer

GP

Name
    Sage Ainsworth
    Race
    Human

View Profile

Sage Ainsworth

(This was Sage’s Level 2 profile back on Althanas 3.1, I have not really changed anything but I am unsure if he still qualifies for level 2.)

(Although after Checking I was apparently level 3.)

Level 2

Name: Sage Ainsworth
    Race: Presumed Human.
    Height: 5’6”
    Weight: 125 Pounds

Personality: Sage has a gentle, kind and loving personality, courteous and gracious and is always mindful to talk in a well-mannered and respectful demeanor so as not to unintentionally insult anyone. Sage dislikes creating any sort of conflict, and genuinely bears no ill-intent to anyone, but he can also be fiercely protective.
    In contrast Sage is also quite intelligent, well-read and very shrewd. Fond of books and knowledge in general, Sage is all too willing to spend hours upon hours reading whatever takes his interest, fact or fiction.

Appearance: Sage has a slim build with soft androgynous features that make it difficult to tell if he is a man or a woman at first glance. His face can be described as beautiful and elegant despite his gender, while his soft skin and youthful features are reminiscent of a woman. His hair is also especially long, reaching down to his thighs though he makes a point of keeping it well-groomed and clean.

Sage often wears simple tunics, though he has also taken to wearing the dark gray robes of the Velathra magic academy under a dark brown hooded traveling cloak.

Skills:

• Intelligent: Rational and logical, Sage can mentally work things out, with a high chance of success.
    • Empathic: Sage is able to sympathize with anyone on an emotional scale, and is able to notice when someone is trying to fake their emotions.
    • General knowledge: Holding a vast plethora of random useless and useful knowledge. Sage has probably read a book about it at least once.
    • Genre Savvy: Having read a considerably amount of fiction, Sage can draw on this knowledge to understand certain patterns in events that others may miss.
    • Shrewd: Insightful and perceptive of others, Sage is less likely to be fooled by lies or deceit at face value.
    • Magic Lore: (Above average) Having dabbled in the arcane arts, and read a few books on the subject, sage can identify most simple spells at a glance and has a decent understanding of magic in general.
    • Magecraft: (Average) Sage is quite capable in the art of casting and utilizing his own spells. He is able to cast any memorized spell quickly and efficiently while under pressure.
    • Perceptive: (Above Average) Sage is an observant person by nature. Even when faced with a spell that can turn a person’s attention away, he can recognize that something is altering his perception. Although he is not capable of resisting such a spell, he is able to be aware of it.
    • Tactician: (Average) through observation and intellect or being able to think on the fly. Sage is able to come up with a creative plan and assess the cons and pros within a short amount of time.

Known Languages:
    • Common: First Language
    • Trade speak: Fluent
    • Elvish: Broken
    • Fallien: Broken
    • Alerar: Barely able to translate.

Abilities:

Magecraft:

Offensive:
    • Eldritch Bolt: A dark glowing orb of swirling black and purple hues roughly the size of a football. Used primarily as a ranged attack, this sphere can be launched up to 100 yards before it loses its potency. Upon contact with the target the sphere has an equivalent kinetic force of an iron Warhammer. It can also cause minor magic burn damage across exposed natural skin. Sage is only able to use this spell up to 4 times until exhausted.

Utility:
    • Light “Lux”: Creates a single free floating sphere of light as bright as a lantern that responds to the will of the caster, classed as a non-combat spell used to light the way in the dark. It can be cast indefinitely due to it being a simple spell for beginners.
      Level 2: “Nova” Additionally, Lux can be overloaded, creating a bright but brief flash of light that can render anyone looking at it momentarily blinded for a single turn. But because of the violent reaction of destabilizing a spell in this method, Sage is only able to use it in this way only 1 time per thread.

• Kinetic Lift: By projecting a magic circle, anything that comes into contact with it is propelled in the direction it is facing. Created as a means of propelling himself to reach what would be an otherwise unattainable position the spell is quite capable of launching someone of his size and weight 15 feet into the air. Sage is able to cast and forget, as the Magic circle will sustain itself for two posts before dissipating, allowing allies and friends to follow. Sage is only able to cast the spell 2 times per thread.

• Eye of Antiquity: Via directly touching an item, Sage can delve into its past and see history unfold around the item in question in real time. It involves following an Items individual presence in time, either recent or ancient all the way up until its initial creation. Sage must forego each of his senses of the present in order to proceed into the limited window of the past. And if he is seeking out a specific moment then he needs to actually be able to find it manually. As such he is freely able to alter time as he views it to his whim. He is able to cast the spell freely, but can only maintain it for 2 posts at a time, before needing 1 post to recover.

• Water Walk: To target or user, Upon casting this spell stepping out onto any body of water will be akin to stepping onto solid ground, Water will be unable to part around them and they will not be able to submerge themselves. Casting it on another requires being able to touch them. Being able to walk on water only lasts for 3 posts, and can only be cast 2 times a thread.

Weakness:
    Kinemortophobia: Sage has an acute fear of Zombies, or any kind of animated corpse. If encountered Sage will be unable to use any spell.

Weapon:
    • Black Dagger: A dagger with no discernible features other than the distinct black blade. Tempered to be is strong as an iron dagger. It appears to have once been part of a set

Equipment:
    • Cursed Stone:
      A strange red jewel that should not exist. It has no history prior to appearing within Sage’s possession as he woke up in to a different world. It appears like a red tear drop with clouded edges and an unsettling glow deep within. It currently holds no power but regardless if its seemingly benign appearance, Sage is adamant that it should stay in his possession at all times. As he fears what would happen if he did not

History: Crossroads was a quiet little village with little to make it stand out from most others except for the Ainsworth Vineyard Estate. The Owner, Owen Ainsworth was a stern looking man if ever there was one, though he possessed a heart of gold and was a loving husband and doting father. It was him who first found Sage over ten years ago, all alone, confused with no memory of his past. Sage was initially wild and savage, biting and clawing at what displeased him and greedily stealing what he wanted.

But as time went on the boy would one day attack one of the villagers for an offhand remark, the boy realized he had gone too far and for the first time was terrified that Owen would send him away. Since then, Sage had been the epitome of careful when interacting with others and matured into the young polite soul that he is today.

Eventually he was adopted into the Ainsworth family and though he sometimes wonders where he came from, he is quite content with the life he had been granted. Tough as he grew older he has constantly expressed a keen interest in learning the arcane arts. His adopted father would later send him to learn from an old family friend Victor Friedman. Though mid-way through his studies, Sage found himself waking up in another world, with only a haunting vision as his clue as to why.
    Last edited by Sage; 01-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello there Sage!! I'll have a look at your levelling today!

Could I first ask you to link your old profile here and that'll help me begin to sort through levels. If you haven't really changed anything it should be quite simple as a transfer.

Note: things have changed come 4.0 in terms of what levels we allow, but hopefully it should all be good.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Sage Ainsworth
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Hey Phi

Here is the link for the old profile Sage Lvl 2

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Shoot, sorry for not seeing this before. I will get to this asao, hopefully today. I've been having trouble with seeing the updates recently when they come through. I'll get you approved.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Sage Ainsworth
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    No worries, I was expecting people to be busy around the holidays anyways.

I can wait a little more, I'm not going anywhere

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi Sage

So I've added your exp, gold and ap.

First thing do you want your AP into gold as we we don't use it now?

Second, is there anything you want to add to your profile as you are level 3?

Also for lux, when you say 'momentarily blinded' how long is this? Instantaneous?

As a note you have wiggle room.
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Sage Ainsworth
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Very well Phi, I shall trade those AP’s for the GP’s

Could I just keep Sage as Level 2 for now, I still have a few events planned before jumping into his level three. Mostly that I intend for his next growth to have a few elements that are a part of the story I have semi-planned.

(TL: DR Still figuring out lvl: 3)

I did not intend for Lux to have duration, but if I were to say I would place it as lasting for a single turn.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    In that case, my friend, you are approved!!!
    *admin at your service*

Characters: