((This is an open thread, though if you want to join please post in the Recruitment thread first please.))

Corone was many things to many people. For some it was a land of opportunity, a land of trade and commerce while to others it was home. Though often overlooked for more exotic lands, it was still undeniable that Corone was beautiful in its simplicity.

On any given day the simple men and women of a small town called Harnsey would have gone about their lives. There had been little to bother them, the Radasanth militia had done well to keep the town protected, though turbulent times with the Brotherhood had caused the towns guard to dwindle to less than a handful remaining.

But so long as trade continued to pass through from Radasanth to Underwood, there would be very little that happened in Harnsey that would go unnoticed for too long.

But this day was not a typical day, not for Harnsey, not for Corone, and not for the rest of the world either. Talk was in the air, whispers and rumours of a coming calamity. A mountain had exploded, erupted with the force of angry god. The sky had been scorched deep obsidian by scarlet flame.

News was hard to come by, and for the people of Harnsey, fact and fiction was difficult to determine, leading to strange tales and even stranger expectations.

Worry was rampant in this town and not from the local bandits either.

For the day had carried with it an unusual omen. The sky was as grey as ash. The wind had carried the smoke all the way from Lornius crossing land and sea causing the sun to cast an earie orange glow upon Corone.

The towns people had been easily rattled as the day had gone on, doom Sayers grew emboldened at the coming end to come. Though none more so had become more unhinged than a simple man called Phil.

Or as he now preferred to be called by

Philgast the Great!

“The End is nigh!” The Portly man shouted while standing precariously atop a wooden barrel.

He was an average looking man, though short he was as board as a dwarf, and had a beautiful thick curling grand moustache that hid his upper lip. He tossed the cape he had borrowed from Miss Thornton back over his shoulder in an elegant flourish and held his arms wide for all to gaze upon him.

“A great darkness sweeps across the land, and yet no one has yet to do anything!” Philgast bellowed as he swept his arm across the small crowd that had gathered in the town centre to watch.

“Not you” He said pointing to someone in the crowd.

“Or you”

“Or even YOU!” he hollered accusingly to a passing stranger.

The residents of Harnsey could have been considered rather tolerant when it came to strange and wondrous things, though even their nigh legendary tolerance could be stretched thin when one of their own disturbed the peace.

“Phil? Get down from there” spoke a woman approaching the portly man from behind.

Philgast winced as he turned to face the woman “Not now Marge, Can’t you see I’m busy!”

“Busy?” She echoed raising her brow “All you’re doing is making my ears ring”

“Get back to the farm, have you even fed the pigs yet?”

“Fool, my greatness cannot be silenced.” He shouted gallantly, dismissing the meagre peasant.

“Behold! as I have finally unlocked the secrets of this strange …thing.” He said gesturing with another extravagant flourish over towards an admittedly rather strange sight.

It looked like a crack, something splintered along a jagged line like a torn piece of paper, though that was where the similarity ended.

It lingered in the air about seven feet off the ground and attached to nothing. It pulsed and stirred gently with a bright white light that if you were to tilt you head a certain way and squint, it would almost resemble the blazing sun high over Fallien. The wind stirred around it, and cast a sand ridden breeze across the town centre, before falling aimlessly to the ground adding more to the growing pile.

It had all the hallmarks of something magical, something dangerous.

It however, had been there all week, and despite the lack of any explanation of how it had got there, the Townspeople of Harnsey and long since grew bored of it and were waiting for someone to arrive from Radasanth to remove it.

Though once again, thanks to the conflict with the Brotherhood, such a request had been unfortunately delayed.

“With my mystic arcane powers, I have learned that it is, in fact, a portal to another world!” The barrel mounted wizard proclaimed at the top of his voice. And spread out his arms wide in a grand fashion like a master showman.

“And through it rejoice as I! Philgast the Wizard! Shall lead you all to Salvation!”