Name
    Beatrix
    Race
    Human
    "Th'fuck are you?"

"The maid, sir."

Drunken eyes narrowed.

Sigh. "One of the maids, sir. I was just finishing tidying your chamber."

"I asked for no such thing." The man scratched his black beard. "But you, you could be a welcome surprise—"

"Sorry to disappoint," the maid said shortly, before slipping past the lecherous embrace to the door.

"Bitch!" was all she heard as she hastened down the corridor, head down, hoping not to stand out amongst the various people going the other way. She had to get to the courtyard. The horned ones didn't seem like they were going anywhere soon, but she wouldn't dare miss them.

She arrived in the courtyard in enough time. They were still conversing. Good. She remained in a corner with her head down, hoping to avoid attention while listening.

Those hopes were dashed quickly. Bugger.

As the two looked to her, she shuffled forward. "Aye, I am interested. My skills are not limited to shit-scraping and floor-scrubbing, sirs. I can hold my own in a scrap, hew wood and carry stone as ably as any man." After a moment: "My apologies, where are my manners? I am Beatrix."

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn noticed the somewhat flustered hand-maiden type and nodded towards her with a profound respect. He'd seen her around a few times recently during his stay in Stonevale. Nosdyn studied the cherry-lacquered oak table they were sitting at and took the information Beatirx had given to heart. "Please, have a seat with us." Nosdyn motioned gently to nearby chair. For a Demon, notorious for being evil conquerors Nosdyn was quite social and amicable of a creature. His time in Stonevale had changed him greatly after he was being pursued by the crazy elf-thief Jake Narmonalya. Nosdyn had adapted to Stonevale's culture and citizenry. Even having obtained his own house there.

He shared his house with fellow workers once in a while but normally he was alone. He preferred it that way since he'd never taken a mate for himself. That life has long since passed. Nosdyn studied both of his business partners. Charles preferred to be treated as an equal...a quality that Nosdyn actually admired. Beatrix was too much of a wild card...or dare say..an unknown quantity. Thr pouch with one hundred gold pieces of Nosdyn's own money sat precariously on the table between them. Nosdyn had a small fortune at his command at anytime, and he knew form personal experiences that money talked and bullshit walked.

Nosdyn smiled at that point and nodded to his colleagues. "As you folks are no doubt aware by now, Lornius has gone up in a volcanic eruption sending pieces of that damned floating city everywhere." Nosdyn explained. "As fall has stopped for about a month now. Me and several other...business minded folks are interested in fixing what was broken. Many lives were lost in the ash-fall disaster, people vanished, were left in states of insanity and that brings me to why you are both here." Nosdyn leaned forward and placed both of his hands under his well chiseled jaw. "As I have stated to my business partner here..." He motioned to Charles with an extravagant gesture. "One hundred gold coins to start. At the end of the job I have I have a bonus for you both planned."

Nosdyn produced a second, carefully and previously organized coin pouch. It also contained one hundred coins of his own money.

He placed the second pouch in front of Beatrix. "The labor will be somewhat intensive but here in Stonevale things need to be fixed. We also can go seek out materials from the mine or from the nearby forest region." Nosdyn appeared deeply sad at that point. "Now we have to work on fixing what the bastard Thayne have stolen from us." Nosdyn looked at his companions. "We start on the morrow to work and fix things that need fixing." Nosdyn continued. [b}"In the morning we'll meet up here and discuss what needs doing on a priority list."[/b] Nosdyn rather enjoyed the role of being a businessman. It was cleaner work than being an enforcer for a well known gangster. He'd let that life go long ago. But...