GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile

Sorcery and Mystery. (Archanex level 1)

~Name: Archanex

~Nickname/Alias: Arch (Known as simply Arch in most civilized regions)

~Age: 500 years of age.

~Race: Overmage (Enhanced Human)

~Height/Weight: 6'4"/200lbs

~Job Class: Sorcerer/Adventurer

~Personality Description: Archanex is very a studious individual, calm and serious he is always willing to lend a helping hand. He's a do-gooder of sorts. He normally can be found studying old tomes and texts, and can also be found writing various documents.

~Historical Compendium: Archanex is a member of a long-since lost race. These are an off-shoot of meta humans highly skilled in using the arcane arts. Rumours exist that they are outside of the Thayne Codex religion and they have their own religious belief. Arch himself says that they hailed from a distant star...

~Physical Description: Arch is a very tall and well built old man. He keeps in physically good shape and despite being known to inhabit various places filled with books/tomes such as libraries...Arch can be seen wandering about the great forests off the world such as Red Forest and Concordia for the reasons of finding herbs and other flora to keep the apothecaries of the world well stocked.

~Skill Sheet:

Apothecary Arts-

Herbology-The basic knowledge of retrieving flora common to the forests and natural places of the world. Archanex can identify various herb types and knows many of their properties. He can oft be found working for the local Apothecary and farming various herbs for their different medicinal purposes.

Scribing-Arch has impeccable writing skills. He scribes his own scrolls and items of arcane nature. Later on he will be able to write Wards and such with various rune style symbols. But for now he simply writes scrolls and tomes and such. He often writes a lot of personal letters to his people and various allies of the world.

Crystal Lore-(Note: Nothing to do with Tap Energy/etc) The basic knowledge of mana manipulation.

Staff Combat: Arch primarily fights with his staff. He has basic knowledge of staff combat.

~Ability Sheet:

Elemental Crystal Synthesis-At will, Arch may spend natural mana his body generates, OR mana that exists in the natural world. This man can take various forms depending on his will or purpose at the time. The mana can take on various elemental properties of the world.

Such as, but not limited to, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light and Darkness.

Currently this mana is the fuel for his power and is a directly connected to a genetic marker the Overmage as a race possess. The manifestation of mana is extremely important to the Overmage arts. Note: Mana exists as a genetic marker of the Overmage people. it is not MAGIC in the traditional sense.

Energy Bolt: At will, Arch can manifest the elements he has access to in various ways. For now, Arch can mainly conjure bolts of one elemental type at a time.

It takes approximately one IC turn to charge up a bolt of whatever element with whatever properties. (I know I am asking for a lot here but bare with me a moment) A bolt can only have one elemental property (As stated above) at a time. Bolts may be dispelled by things such as Aritfacts/Psionics and other non traditional methods of dispelling.

The bolts have a medium grade anti dispelling property to them. However, strong enough casters can dispell with adequate study and concentration.

Depending on the intent of the bolt, the weaknesses of the target's race/etc Arch may kill with a bolt properly used. As Such here is a basic break down.

Wind Blade, a manifested blade of air that has an interesting effect. Air can be used to intercept various projectile style weapons/etc. (Bullets/arrows/etc)

(Currently to clarify Arch only can access his wind element.) Further Note: The Bolt in general needs to be charged two turns or more to cause harm. Wind energy currently cannot harm though, it can only be used to intercept projectiles and other such attacks.)

The Wind Blade may be cast currently twice a day. A charge up for capacity takes roughly two turns. Arch can only intercept one basic target at a time currently such as a single arrow or bolt, or shuriken style item. Multiple such items are still beyond his knowledge to intercept.

~Inventory:

1-Oak Staff : Arch's primary weapon and doubles as a walking stick. Arch has a limp. The reason behind the limp is not known but this prevents him from ever having super speed of any sorts. The staff also serves as a focusing conduit for Arch to charge up his bolt spell.

2-Basic robe: Cloth style robe that was carefully crafted by one of the Overmage students for Arch. The robes are elegantly coloured with gold and royal blues but for now just cloth in material quality.

3-Pouches/backpack for various items and scrolls/etc: He keeps a bunch of pouches and stuff and a backpack to carry various herbs and what not that he finds.
    Last edited by Archanex; 04-29-2019 at 07:24 PM.

EXP: 9,940, Level: 4
    Level completed: 19%, EXP required for next Level: 4,060
    Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,060

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    Hello and Welcome! It's great to see a new profile pop up! If you haven't already you should check out the Discord and chat with us. I'll be taking a look at your profile and get you approved soon.
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha

Adventurer

EXP: 1,447, Level: 1
    Level completed: 73%, EXP required for next Level: 553
    Level completed: 73%,
    EXP required for next Level: 553

GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile
    Hayate-I added the proposed edits you asked for on Discord. Hopefully what I proposed works. If you need anything else let me know.

~Pav

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile
    there we go Hayate edits added in as we discussed on Discord.

Edit: Arch can cast a Wind Blade three times a day. This blade is not used to harm folks, rather it is a defensive measure meant to knock aside projectiles. (For example a bullet or an arrow/bolt) Currently, Arch can only knock aside one projectile. Later on he will learn how to increase his potency with his spells. He has wind mastery of his powers in general. All other elements are currently locked until higher levels.

Edit: Arch can only switch elements twice and day and for now, he only has access to Wind Elemental Mastery. (Gyromancy)

Edit: There we go I tried to fix the formatting of my descriptions best as I could. In the mean time I added a stipulation for the bolt's charge time when it is used to harm. Note: Wind Element is a defensive spell mainly and won't be used to harm. Hope all this helps.
    Last edited by Archanex; 04-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    Elemental Crystal Synthesis-At will, Arch may spend natural mana his body generates, OR mana that exists in the natural world. This man can take various forms depending on his will or purpose at the time. The mana can take on various elemental properties of the world.

Currently this mana is the fuel for his power and is a directly connected to a genetic marker the Overmage as a race possess. The manifestation of mana is extremely important to the Overmage arts. Note: Mana exists as a genetic marker of the Overmage people. it is not MAGIC in the traditional sense.

This decision to avoid using magic as a basis for my powers/etc is based on an argument I had with a former member of the site. Thank you all for understanding. Edit 1: After a good discussion with Hayate here is my compromise with this. The dispelling of Arch's powers, can occur with a bit of concentration on the caster's behalf. Even though it is not magic per say, it can still be dispelled. Also, things like Artifacts, Psionics, etc, will work naturally thank you for understanding so far. Edit 2: Arch currently can access only Wind elemental energy.
    Is it fair to say that this ability explains that other Overmage abilities you cast are harder to dispel than regular Tap magic. I would consider something close to the following, a Medium Anti-Negation propriety to Overmage Abilities. If i'm mistaken let me know. Otherwise it looks good. Maybe rewrite Edit 1 To reflect the Medium Strength Anti-Magic Proprieties, and drop Edit 2 entirely as we will move that to the bottom with your next ability.
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile
    There we go I edited the sheet further and took out much of the fluff/etc.

Also I added in your suggestion. For the next level when Arch levels up and gains more elements I will do a better organized sheet for ya, hope that helps bro!

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human

I would just like you to add at the very bottom of the ability that Overmage abilities are all given the medium strength anti-dispelling property. This would make some things below be restated and be more straight forward if moved to the above ability. You could at that Energy bolt is a Overmage Ability if you want representation of the effect in your second ability.

Energy Bolt: At will, Arch can manifest the elements he has access to in various ways. For now, Arch can mainly conjure bolts of one elemental type at a time.

It takes approximately one IC turn to charge up a bolt of whatever element with whatever properties. (I know I am asking for a lot here but bare with me a moment) A bolt can only have one elemental property (As stated above) at a time. Bolts may be dispelled by things such as Aritfacts/Psionics and other non traditional methods of dispelling.

The bolts have a medium grade anti dispelling property to them. However, strong enough casters can dispell with adequate study and concentration.

Depending on the intent of the bolt, the weaknesses of the target's race/etc Arch may kill with a bolt properly used. As Such here is a basic break down.

Wind Blade, a manifested blade of air that has an interesting effect. Air can be used to intercept various projectile style weapons/etc. (Bullets/arrows/etc)

(Currently to clarify Arch only can access his wind element.) Further Note: The Bolt in general needs to be charged two turns or more to cause harm. Wind energy currently cannot harm though, it can only be used to intercept projectiles and other such attacks.)
    So as of now you are able to cast a wind bolt able to deflect most projectiles and if channeled for double the cast duration is capable of medium strength damage. This sounds very interesting, I see you only want to use wind for level one which is fine but you probably could fit in another one if you want but is perfectly fine to only use wind. If i'm incorrect let me know. If in when you do decide to add more to this ability i suggest doing so with bullet points to make it easily distinguished.

Last thing are some logistics, How many times do you want to be able to cast Elemental Bolt: Wind? 3 per thread would be a good place to start.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile
    There we go bro I added in the clarifications to the wind blade. Hope that further helps bro if you need anything else let me know. Also I am going to start planning other elemental bolts as I go. Hopefully this all works for you now bro

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    As everything appears on your sheet i'm pleased to say that you are APPROVED! Get out there and master all the elements and have fun while your out there!