EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile

Potential Affiliates

It's no secret that play by post RP is past it's golden years, but there are plenty of writers still out there. As we compete with interactive video games and MMOs, I see an ever growing need to link up with like minded sites to expand our craft. Are there any sites out there that you think would be good affiliate partners for Althanas? If so, send me a link here so I can reach out to their administrators. If you're an administrator of another site and are interested in partnering up, please let me know here as well. We can do a link exchange, and we'll advertise your site on our main splash page (www.althanas.com) for maximum exposure.

Reaching beyond the stars

EXP: 4,435, Level: 2
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next Level: 565
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next Level: 565

GP

Name
    Gnarloc
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    As we are somewhat related to fantasy writing, http://dargonzine.org/ could be a good one. They have a good traffic flow and while we are RP we both write short stories in a fantasy world. We've both been around a long time, so the more friends the better yeah?

I don't see why that site wouldn't benefit us and us them.
    - The Destroyer of Worlds -

Part 1
    The Gnarled Roots of Osiris

Part 2
    The Truth we Left Behind.
    Currently writing.

* Gnarloc & Camille Airanna Dark * Winner of Best Althanas Couple.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    bit of a tangent but maybe this will be helpful idk.

seo's not as esoteric as it used to be. as google gets better and better it's easier and easier to rank on google just by writing good content.

and the challenge with a forum like this is that nobody is googling things that would bring them here. so althanas users could overcome that obstacle by writing rp-adjacent articles that people probably are searching for.

like writing articles about "how to write fantasy style" or "fantasy short stories" or "how to write good characters" and so on and so forth. and within those articles you could promote the community.

although idk if google favours like wordpress style informational sites over forum posts. i'm no expert, just have a passing layperson kinda interest in it all.

could be an additional strategy to working with affiliates because it would bring in users who might have those rp-adjacent interests like fantasy writing and whatever else.
    terrrrrible.jpg

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Hey Tony I'm not sure how serious you are or not about this but I can offer some advice here.

Considering that one conversation me and you had about this...I'll drop a few points here too I guess.

Get on one of those well respected top 100 Rpg network sites that would be a HUGE boon for us, then work really hard at getting on top like 1-20 positions like every week just about. From my limited knowledge of how this all works for Althanas to continue to remain a thing you have to do something similar to this will require effort but I think you can get it done.

I'm not writing on Althy anymore but I can at least give you guys advice/etc. Let me know some of your thoughts.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    I'm going to help Billy out here. Billy had the right idea with this: you guys should all be taking a look at this voting doesn't even take that long I did it for the first time myself as well.

Vote for Althanas I wanna add one more point here. For this site to survive another ten years+ it's going to need a lot of active members.

This stuff, voting here and there, will help generate more traffic to the site. Billy and me have the right idea. If you all can take a few moments of your day to vote regularly the site will thrive for the next ten years. I grew up on this site as many of us did I just wanna help in whatever capacity I am able to.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum do Mugu View Post
    bit of a tangent but maybe this will be helpful idk.

seo's not as esoteric as it used to be. as google gets better and better it's easier and easier to rank on google just by writing good content.

and the challenge with a forum like this is that nobody is googling things that would bring them here. so althanas users could overcome that obstacle by writing rp-adjacent articles that people probably are searching for.

like writing articles about "how to write fantasy style" or "fantasy short stories" or "how to write good characters" and so on and so forth. and within those articles you could promote the community.

although idk if google favours like wordpress style informational sites over forum posts. i'm no expert, just have a passing layperson kinda interest in it all.

could be an additional strategy to working with affiliates because it would bring in users who might have those rp-adjacent interests like fantasy writing and whatever else.
    this is still a valid approach if anybody wanted to use it to create a stream of new and possibly enthusiastic users.

i'd consider relaunching the site as a wordpress site with a forum as the ostensible secondary feature. post articles on creative writing to generate traffic. then, at the end of the articles be like "hey, if you want to practice your creative writing then join our rp forum community."
    terrrrrible.jpg