EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile

What is Your Favorite Althanas Moment?

Althanas has a storied history. I'm curious to hear what your favorite moments in Althanas history were, both IC and OOC. Was there anything that particularly jumped out at you? How did you feel after the event occurred? Would you like to see more events like that, or was once enough?

I think my favorite was the first tournament I won, the Mystician Assailing Arena (hosted by Kylin Rouge). I got to write with some amazing oldbies like Renzokuken and Hawke. It was the first time I actually noticed my writing had vastly improved since I started on Althanas as well, highlighting the impressiveness of our RP/writing workshop hybrid.

Reaching beyond the stars

EXP: 4,435, Level: 2
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next Level: 565
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next Level: 565

GP

Name
    Gnarloc
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Really hard question to answer. I guess I'll go with something of recent years. Doing the Althanas doubles tournament (lornius challenge or something?)with Canen(Shin). When we lost it was a shame, but the co-op between Shin and Elite Optic(me)made for a good surprise, especially as we managed to knock out Christoph & Flames who were favourites to win the tournament at the time.
    I always wanted to see another tournament, but I don't know if there are enough people anymore?
    - The Destroyer of Worlds -

Part 1
    The Gnarled Roots of Osiris

Part 2
    The Truth we Left Behind.
    Currently writing.

* Gnarloc & Camille Airanna Dark * Winner of Best Althanas Couple.

Althanian

EXP: 31,031, Level: 7
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 3,969
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,969

GP

Name
    Robert Bertrand
    For me, it's gotta be the fight with shin.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl & Root View Post
    I always wanted to see another tournament, but I don't know if there are enough people anymore?
    My favorite moments revolve around tournaments as well. Since I've had really good luck (and a blast) with Tournaments, I'd be very happy to run one if we have the critical mass needed to run a tournament.

From my perspective, that's probably 8 people with a willingness to post and a little visible momentum. We -can- do it, but it requires a little bit of some folks writing.

Reaching beyond the stars

EXP: 4,435, Level: 2
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next Level: 565
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next Level: 565

GP

Name
    Gnarloc
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    My favorite moments revolve around tournaments as well. Since I've had really good luck (and a blast) with Tournaments, I'd be very happy to run one if we have the critical mass needed to run a tournament.

From my perspective, that's probably 8 people with a willingness to post and a little visible momentum. We -can- do it, but it requires a little bit of some folks writing.
    I'd love to do one. Get myself back into things.

A fighting Tournament(Lornius co-op Challenge or something) or the Adventurer's crown would be a good one, everyone able to write their own version of a exciting story. I've read some good ones in the past. Due another one surely?
    - The Destroyer of Worlds -

Part 1
    The Gnarled Roots of Osiris

Part 2
    The Truth we Left Behind.
    Currently writing.

* Gnarloc & Camille Airanna Dark * Winner of Best Althanas Couple.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl & Root View Post
    I'd love to do one. Get myself back into things.

A fighting Tournament(Lornius co-op Challenge or something) or the Adventurer's crown would be a good one, everyone able to write their own version of a exciting story. I've read some good ones in the past. Due another one surely?
    For sure, says the guy waiting on my Gisela finals to be judged.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    My favourite IC moments more or less mirror the above.

Dirks pistol whipping people

Knocking Flames and Christoph out was probably up there because of the sheer mountain we had to climb to do it. Technically Flames was the best writer in that round and I would argue one of the best writers this site has ever had so it felt great to progress. To do it with my OOC best friend was even better.

What followed that round led to Storm Veritas and the start of what I consider to be a strong IC relationship and a treasured OOC one too. Everything me and Storm did since the LCC has been central to Shin's progression. Thanks to Storm carrying my dogged ass, we even got a judge's choice on 3.1. More than that though Bob is a fantastic and understanding guy, who doesn't deserve the disappearing act shit I give him, without whom I probably would have never really picked up my game on here or enjoyed it as much as I have.

The fight with John Cromwell was so, so fun to write. Red is one of the most amazing guys to write with, an absolute pleasure and a guy whose writing I could sit and read for days.

Breaker and me did some really awesome threads too, back on 3.1. Alex is an amazing guy as well, such a talented writer and a great friend.

Oh, and the absolute work of art parody thread that me, Storm and Breaker did in Lornius.

Lastly but definitely not least, Philomel. Alisa. She is an absolute diamond and we've written some good stuff, but OOC we have had some great times too. My favourite moment was her teaching my fat, drunk ass how to dance at her wedding.

By the way, this goes without saying: I'm entering the next fighting tournament.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 05-13-2019 at 01:17 PM.