Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

~Open to ONE~ Chronicles of Krotar Household.

(Note: I am looking for one combat partner level don't matter. If there is significant interest I will post up more battles)

Once again.

I am called...the fires of War the blood within my shell. The fires burn brightly within, threatening to consume all. I stand on the precipice of becoming what I am meant to be. I look up at the looming tower of The Citadel. Somehow, it survived the great disaster intact and was likely used as a mass refuge for the small groups of survivors that lived through the ash-fall. I thought about that time, that great disaster. Lornius was now gone. A great wake of destruction left at the volcano that erupted there. The chaos that event issued was great. Many lives lost, and many nations suffered around the world of Althanas.

And then there was ME.

The ashfal did not harm my body. The burning of the embers did not phase me nor tarnish my blue skin. I could feel no pain. I was another lost soul devoid of purpose, robbed of it. I looked up at The Citadel.

When my gaze returned back to it's normal position, I noticed the curious stare of one of the accursed Monks of the Order. We locked gazes, and I considered ending the man right there, but end of the hour I knew he was at least an ally. Well, on the surface anyway. My eye twitched as I looked at the pathetic wretch...but I knew from experience that appearances were often a mere piece of any puzzle.

I nodded at the lowly monk.

Most folks were intimidated by the Demon. However, The Monks had training that prevented such forms of manipulation from working on them. Nosdyn did not mind, he was used to his powers of Fear manipulation not working anyway from his time spent in Stonevale. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes into thin slits and looked at the Monk with a serious expression on his face. "How profits The War?"

"War breeds profit and so does disaster." The Monk said, Nosdyn knew that The Order had undergone a tremendous change of characteristics when the great disaster struck. And every man was left to fend for themselves. "But you are not here to discuss economics, I take it?" The Monk, the bastard, was an astute and attentive fellow.

"You are correct. I am here to appease The Gods of War. And train myself." Nosdyn said. "I learned I am strong...but I want to get stronger."

"You have come to the right place." The Monk responded. "Do you wish to use your usual chamber, Demon?" Most people hated his race out right. But that Monk did not speak with any ill will towards Nosdyn.

"Pick one at random for me." Nosdyn said calmly. "Send me someone strong, I have an idea for an environs..." Nosdyn explained.

"Very well. Follow me." The Monk said and they entered the depths of the halls of The Citadel...

Adventurer

EXP: 14,756, Level: 5
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 5,244
    EXP required for next Level: 5,244

GP

Name
    Marcus Heropic
    Race
    Skeleton

View Profile
    ((First time writing in some time, I'm pretty rusty. So bear wth me.))

"We have another."

Any sense of urgency had long since removed itself from the Monks voice. He turned and wandered back off into the dark corridor of the Citadel basement. His voice had graced the old weary ears of the long term resident Sorian who had been waiting patiently within the confines of this dorm. He stood pushing off his aching knees and then adjusted his cloak, knocking the dust that had settled on his shoulders to the ground. This room, converted from an ancient tomb of fallen warriors still held several stone coffins that were layered in dust from over the years and only the swinging door of entry disturbed it.
    Sorian wandered, sword in scabbard protruding like a tend under the dark green of his cloak, only stopping before the giant skeletal frame of Elite Optic. The ancient skeleton sat in his makeshift stone throne, created by the unused Citadel stone to form the unusually large chair that was essentially his bed. If only Elite slept. He was a living fossil, an ancient warrior with a history so old so few in this world ever have heard of it.

"I know it's been a while... but they have another. I was about to suggest a leave of absence from this place. However..." Sorian quickly cleaned his nose with a swift wipe from his hanky. "Maybe we could do this before we leave. You need to clear the dust off your joints either way."

The red of Elite's fiery eyes burned a little brighter as the thought of battle filled his mind once more. Then his grip tightened around the old rusty sword as it's eye opened in appreciation. Sorian led them in exit of the tomb, dust swirling behind them like leaves in the wind. Fighting in the Citadel had been a prolific time for them until recently. All the excitement to fight the walking dead had waned the past few months and Elite's reputation had turned from exciting to fearsome. So only the better few wished to take him on, then from fearsome to boring as it was no longer the new thing to face such a creature. He was still an interest of the Citadel and people still ventured there to fight him, but they were few and far between.

It had been so exciting when they had first started, but ignoring the long wait till today, even they had grown bored of it. Maybe it was time to move on and actually do something more interesting around the world. Was it time to travel back to the cold far north beyond that of Salvar, or would it be more exciting to venture into a city and find a bounty?

"Maybe we should hunt again after this. I miss hunting the bounties, they were much more stimulating that this place has become." Sorian talked not even expecting a reply, because the truth was in everything that Elite did. He followed Sorian around because he had been the most entertaining human he had met since his return to Althanas. "Let us at least try this last fight out. Maybe it'll be a worthy final engagement."
    Last edited by Elite Optic; 05-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Elite Optic - Evil is just a term derived by the cowards who are simply to afraid to try something new...

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    When Nosdyn opened his eyes, he saw the battlefield he'd requested. Up ahead, several yards, was a massive tower. A sorcery tower which was a remnant of the past. Despite having long since been abandoned, things forgotten were still in play. Nosdyn knew he was surrounded by a forest that was tainted by rampant aether energies.

The trees crackled with it and were gnarled by it.

Animals and creatures were also affected by the residue of strong aether.

Nosdyn looked at the sorcery tower. It had a cooked support structure and despite it's age, was still in adequate working condition. The sorcerers who used it must have been very powerful. Nosdyn knew that the tower held secrets that were beyond his comprehension. It held power, mystery. Nosdyn blinked, the air crackled with an intense vibration. There was a heavy feeling of pressure in the air, likely a side effect of the aether.

He looked up directly above the tower.

There were several floating islands held together by visible threads of a very powerful energy. The islands and their secrets were currently out of reach. Nosdyn unlatched his weapon from it's holster attachment on his belt. He looked down on the black handle. It's power source filled with rage and corruption much like he was. Though those days...he was no longer certain. Things made ill sense since his time spent in Stonevale. That time had served to change him and perhaps make him wiser over the years.

He wanted to test his weapon to see the effects of the atherial energies upon it.

He activated the mechanism and there was a snap-hiss sort of sound followed by the crackling energy sound of his blade. Then, the sound of thousands of tormented souls...lives he'd ruined with his own hands. He sighed. Things were different those days...or were they truly? The more things changed the more they stayed the same... Nosdyn thought to himself. He began to walk forward into the forest, holding his weapon aloft. He pointed the blade tip downward at a forty-five degree angle ready to strike at a moment's notice and by his command.

He had no idea who his opponent was about to be...

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Marcus Heropic
    Race
    Skeleton

View Profile
    Sorian and Elite were teleported into the arena, the cool fresh air hit Sorian's nose swiftly, and while he knew it was great magic, it felt as real as the reality outside of the Citadel. Elite, on the other hand, noticed nothing of smell or touch, he had long since left that behind as a Skeleton. Had he forgotten it all? What was the sensation to touch an object's surface or smell fresh food? He felt something as he gripped his sword but it just wasn't what he used to feel, he felt no cold of the metal or rough of the hilt grip.

"Are you going to remain silent for the duration?" Sorian questioned the quiet giant.

Elite wasn't the chattiest of characters yet neither was Sorian. He was the perfect companion to guide Elite through this modern world. "I was trying to, but you keep opening that noise hole of yours."

Any banter that arose from the two was a sign of their friendship, neither of the two took it badly and occasionally, when done right, they could even laugh. Yet today was not about laughing, it was about crushing another victim, and maybe for a final time within the glorious magic of the Citadel walls.

Before them, stood a great tower filled with and emitting power from its every stone and crevice. It was more than old, it was an ancient relic of the past that so few would ever see in today's world. Elite was sure that he had seen this before in his existence, but where and when was a question he was never going to be able to answer; being alive for thousands of years made many things hard to place, especially when he could care less. So while the occasional arc of what appeared to be lightning erupted from the tower and touched the floating islands that hovered around its vicinity it was only Sorian that seemed impressed with what it presented.

"It would seem logical for a confident man to sit waiting upon one of these floating dirt piles..." Elite wanted to head up, and it made sense to him that someone could be waiting up there for the battle to start. "I guess I have to go on up there."

"Really?" Sorian's eyebrow raised sceptically.

"Tired legs already? You really are getting old." Elite quipped. He would have smirked if he had facial muscles.

"No. I would consider more than just this tower." Sorian peered up its spire as they stood not far from its base. "The tower could be a distraction away from the mountains to the left or the forest to the right. We have started here after all. Also, we don't have wings, and I don't see a door on this tower. So I suspect we'd be waiting for one of them to float down... If it ever floats in this direction at all... Assume nothing."

Elite peered around at the rocky hills that merged gradually into mountains and the sun that sat over them, knowing that in time it would set into a murky orange over their peaks. He wasn't heading in that direction. Then turning to face the crooked and gnarled forest that wrapped around the light slopes of the long hillside which surrounded the base of the tower. There were no walked paths here, no signs of which to point the direction they should go. Elite felt frustrated.

"I guess we are starting our hunting early Sorian, yet we haven't been given a name of which to prey upon." Upon his shoulder sat ever so silently until required, his un-dead flying companion stretched out its wings. "Ah, yes... I almost forgot... Search the forest overhead, save me the foolish mistake of walking into a trap." Elite commanded as he pointed his bony thingy into the sky above the woods.

Sorian watched the crow swoop off Elites shoulder and lift into the air, he still wasn't sure how it flew with so little feathers. Yet if he was to question that then he would have to question Elites existence and that was a whole new level of mysterious.

"Good thinking. Have you named it yet?" Sorian questioned, his focus still on the bird.

"Humans name pets."
    Elite Optic - Evil is just a term derived by the cowards who are simply to afraid to try something new...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn noticed it.

For some reason, twenty minutes later...the forest had gotten quiet.

No animal stirred, that was rather unusual. Could my target already be here? The Demon thought to himself. As he turned around to face away from the tower, he noticed that there was a huge entity some yards ahead. What...the fuck is that??? Nosdyn frowned, he would have to remember to the curse the monks out after this.

A wind traveled in from the south west, stirring some leaves and branches.

The quiet of the forest bothered Nosdyn for some reason...he would never know entirely why it bothered him.

Every so often, energy sparked from the abandoned tower...a reminder of how dangerous unchecked magic oft became. Nosdyn could barely make out the tremendous form Elite up ahead and pondered how he would fight such a huge opponent. As he stood there, he tightened his muscles into a knot and began to move around his opponent's position. Attempting to fight with some sort of a subterfuge...

As Nosdyn moved he moved at a direct, forty five degree angle towards Elite's left side.

When he got closer, he noticed how HUGE his opponent was. It's MASSIVE! Nosdyn saw the hugely built frame of the figure up ahead and cursed inwardly. This was going to test all of his endurance capacity. The blade of his weapon made it's mysterious sound, would be a dead give away that his opponent was potentially being stalked. Nosdyn emerged from the forest off to the left of Elite's figure. He gripped the ancient weapon in his hands tightly, both hands. He would use every ounce of skill to fight against that massive creature.

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he looked at Elite. "Fine night for a walk huh? I suppose I should have words with the monks later for sending you my way. Either way, whatever you are, let's show them a good battle." Nosdyn said carefully. "My name's Nosdyn." He said as he attacked. He launched one of several slashing bolts from his blade, the energy would hurt if it connected with Elite...the attack was aimed at Elite's general direction.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Marcus Heropic
    Race
    Skeleton

View Profile
    The crow circled Elites target as it flew overhead of the forest, and that was all Sorian and Elite needed to understand what lay ahead. The grand skeleton glared at Sorian and his smug grin as he was correct once more, but now wasn’t the time for bragging or arguing, now it was time to draw swords.

Sorian stepped himself back as their enemy revealed himself from the woods. If he was trying to enter by surprise he ruined it with some self narration as he introduced himself.

Why do people seem to feel the need to announce themselves as they come to battle? Dumb worm…

Elite held his sideways stance to his opponents attack, the rush of purple energy flew in his direction in an erratic way. Had he been any smaller he surely wouldn’t even have to move an inch to avoid such an attack. Be it only by must Optic raised his sword quickly and used it as a temporary shield. A loud rusty clang echoed out from the bolt as it connected, and the orange rust of the blade bellowed out like a cloud of mist.

As if awoken by slumber the eye of the blade opened and focused on Nosdyn, appearing bloodshot and intense with its flame red iris leering at him before closing once more.

Ah, taking a look at the world are we… It’s such a rare moment to see you looking at the real world. It’s a shame this ant isn’t enough to bring you beyond that of an momentary glance.

Elite stepped towards his offensive opponent and dragged his heavy sword along the ground in the start of a vicious attack. It tore into the earth and pulled the dry dirt up into the air as Elite sliced across the floor in a circular motion, the sweeping attack creating a cloud of dirty dust with its murderous intent.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Around them, the forest that surrounded the magus tower came alive.

Predatory creatures danced their eternal waltz of doom.

Nosdyn looked at Elite. Not one for small talk I take it... Nosdyn thought to himself with grim satisfaction. Nodyn had fought other exotic opponents in The Citadel's halls before, including John Cromwell and many others. Long ago in his earlier youth...Nosdyn gritted his teeth. The energy blades were intercepted by his foe's relic-like sword.

That design...it's different. I don't recognize the blacksmith style of that weapon... Nosdyn was attempting to analyze his opponent, as was his nature to do. Nosdyn was a tactical minded individual. He knew his limitations...Nosdyn would never be fast. But he had other equally impressive gifts. Nosdyn held his weapon aloft with the purple blade glowing fiercely, hungry to shed blood. Elite attacked with his relic-like weapon and Nosdyn felt his adrenal glands begin to flare...

The heat of battle took over at that point. There would be no room for mistakes. He is strong...but I have been through worse. Jake Narmonalya was an equally fierce opponent who also liked to dance around the field of battle. I wonder if he's fast... Nosdyn saw the top soil of the ground beneath them being torn apart by the sword Elite used. Nosdyn's muscles tensed. He was never meant to be fast...but strong in far more primitive ways. Nosdyn was counting off the seconds before Elite's weapon would come within slashing distance of his own body. With his muscles tensed up and bulging Nosdyn held his weapon at the ready. I have to time this just right... Nosdyn felt the flow of time as it seem to slow down and become heavy around him. An interesting effect of the battle at hand.

Perhaps it was the oppressive nature of the chosen battlefield.

At the last possible moment, there could be no mistakes, Nosdyn put technique and martial tactics to practice. His energy blade was always at the ready. Once Elite was close enough in slashing distance with his weapon, Nosdyn prepared to act. Damn those speedsters... Once again, Nosdyn thought of his old enemy and rival, Jake. The Demon felt as if an eternity had passed in his head. But that was all in his head. He was counting down precious moments until Elite's heavy sword was right upon him.

And he acted.

Releasing the tension in his muscles, the Demon showed off his own impressive and practice swordplay. The hum of his energy tainted the very air around it as it slashed through the air. He moved to intercept the relic-like sword his foe used. Nosdyn slashed in a powerful arc with his own weapon downward upon the top portion of Elite's weapon as it slashed towards Nosdyn. The maneuver was meant to be a sort of interception maneuver with his own weapon. If his energy sword connected with Elite's weapon, Nosdyn would attempt to hold him locked in battle. The energy blade's strength was equivalent to a certain high-level material after he'd purchased an upgrade for himself. Energy cascaded into the very air itself. If Nosdyn was successful in intercepting the massive attack, the next part of the battle...from Nosdyn's point of view would begin.

He had no idea what metal Elite's weapon was comprised of...but that detail mattered very little. Nosdyn noticed that the blade had a certain level of rust but he figured that the rust could have mainly been there for show...Nosdyn never did like to assume anything about Citadel foes. You ever really only knew someone when you fought them...

Philomel: closed as per request
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 06-02-2019 at 08:35 PM.