Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,208

GP

Name
    Nosdyn
    Race
    Haidian Demon

View Profile

~Open to ONE~ Chronicles of Krotar Household.

(Note: I am looking for one combat partner level don't matter. If there is significant interest I will post up more battles)

Once again.

I am called...the fires of War the blood within my shell. The fires burn brightly within, threatening to consume all. I stand on the precipice of becoming what I am meant to be. I look up at the looming tower of The Citadel. Somehow, it survived the great disaster intact and was likely used as a mass refuge for the small groups of survivors that lived through the ash-fall. I thought about that time, that great disaster. Lornius was now gone. A great wake of destruction left at the volcano that erupted there. The chaos that event issued was great. Many lives lost, and many nations suffered around the world of Althanas.

And then there was ME.

The ashfal did not harm my body. The burning of the embers did not phase me nor tarnish my blue skin. I could feel no pain. I was another lost soul devoid of purpose, robbed of it. I looked up at The Citadel.

When my gaze returned back to it's normal position, I noticed the curious stare of one of the accursed Monks of the Order. We locked gazes, and I considered ending the man right there, but end of the hour I knew he was at least an ally. Well, on the surface anyway. My eye twitched as I looked at the pathetic wretch...but I knew from experience that appearances were often a mere piece of any puzzle.

I nodded at the lowly monk.

Most folks were intimidated by the Demon. However, The Monks had training that prevented such forms of manipulation from working on them. Nosdyn did not mind, he was used to his powers of Fear manipulation not working anyway from his time spent in Stonevale. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes into thin slits and looked at the Monk with a serious expression on his face. "How profits The War?"

"War breeds profit and so does disaster." The Monk said, Nosdyn knew that The Order had undergone a tremendous change of characteristics when the great disaster struck. And every man was left to fend for themselves. "But you are not here to discuss economics, I take it?" The Monk, the bastard, was an astute and attentive fellow.

"You are correct. I am here to appease The Gods of War. And train myself." Nosdyn said. "I learned I am strong...but I want to get stronger."

"You have come to the right place." The Monk responded. "Do you wish to use your usual chamber, Demon?" Most people hated his race out right. But that Monk did not speak with any ill will towards Nosdyn.

"Pick one at random for me." Nosdyn said calmly. "Send me someone strong, I have an idea for an environs..." Nosdyn explained.

"Very well. Follow me." The Monk said and they entered the depths of the halls of The Citadel...
    Fear.

Fear is My Weapon...-Sith Saying

Through VICTORY My CHAINS are BROKEN.-Sith Code

Your FAITH has blinded you.-Illidan Stormrage

EXP: 11,046, Level: 4
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next Level: 2,954
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,954

GP

Name
    Marcus Heropic
    Race
    Skeleton

View Profile
    ((First time writing in some time, I'm pretty rusty. So bear wth me.))

"We have another."

Any sense of urgency had long since removed itself from the Monks voice. He turned and wandered back off into the dark corridor of the Citadel basement. His voice had graced the old weary ears of the long term resident Sorian who had been waiting patiently within the confines of this dorm. He stood pushing off his aching knees and then adjusted his cloak, knocking the dust that had settled on his shoulders to the ground. This room, converted from an ancient tomb of fallen warriors still held several stone coffins that were layered in dust from over the years and only the swinging door of entry disturbed it.
    Sorian wandered, sword in scabbard protruding like a tend under the dark green of his cloak, only stopping before the giant skeletal frame of Elite Optic. The ancient skeleton sat in his makeshift stone throne, created by the unused Citadel stone to form the unusually large chair that was essentially his bed. If only Elite slept. He was a living fossil, an ancient warrior with a history so old so few in this world ever have heard of it.

"I know it's been a while... but they have another. I was about to suggest a leave of absence from this place. However..." Sorian quickly cleaned his nose with a swift wipe from his hanky. "Maybe we could do this before we leave. You need to clear the dust off your joints either way."

The red of Elite's fiery eyes burned a little brighter as the thought of battle filled his mind once more. Then his grip tightened around the old rusty sword as it's eye opened in appreciation. Sorian led them in exit of the tomb, dust swirling behind them like leaves in the wind. Fighting in the Citadel had been a prolific time for them until recently. All the excitement to fight the walking dead had waned the past few months and Elite's reputation had turned from exciting to fearsome. So only the better few wished to take him on, then from fearsome to boring as it was no longer the new thing to face such a creature. He was still an interest of the Citadel and people still ventured there to fight him, but they were few and far between.

It had been so exciting when they had first started, but ignoring the long wait till today, even they had grown bored of it. Maybe it was time to move on and actually do something more interesting around the world. Was it time to travel back to the cold far north beyond that of Salvar, or would it be more exciting to venture into a city and find a bounty?

"Maybe we should hunt again after this. I miss hunting the bounties, they were much more stimulating that this place has become." Sorian talked not even expecting a reply, because the truth was in everything that Elite did. He followed Sorian around because he had been the most entertaining human he had met since his return to Althanas. "Let us at least try this last fight out. Maybe it'll be a worthy final engagement."
    Last edited by Elite Optic; 05-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Elite Optic - Evil is just a term derived by the cowards who are simply to afraid to try something new...

EXP: 10,792, Level: 4
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next Level: 3,208
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,208

GP

Name
    Nosdyn
    Race
    Haidian Demon

View Profile
    When Nosdyn opened his eyes, he saw the battlefield he'd requested. Up ahead, several yards, was a massive tower. A sorcery tower which was a remnant of the past. Despite having long since been abandoned, things forgotten were still in play. Nosdyn knew he was surrounded by a forest that was tainted by rampant aether energies.

The trees crackled with it and were gnarled by it.

Animals and creatures were also affected by the residue of strong aether.

Nosdyn looked at the sorcery tower. It had a cooked support structure and despite it's age, was still in adequate working condition. The sorcerers who used it must have been very powerful. Nosdyn knew that the tower held secrets that were beyond his comprehension. It held power, mystery. Nosdyn blinked, the air crackled with an intense vibration. There was a heavy feeling of pressure in the air, likely a side effect of the aether.

He looked up directly above the tower.

There were several floating islands held together by visible threads of a very powerful energy. The islands and their secrets were currently out of reach. Nosdyn unlatched his weapon from it's holster attachment on his belt. He looked down on the black handle. It's power source filled with rage and corruption much like he was. Though those days...he was no longer certain. Things made ill sense since his time spent in Stonevale. That time had served to change him and perhaps make him wiser over the years.

He wanted to test his weapon to see the effects of the atherial energies upon it.

He activated the mechanism and there was a snap-hiss sort of sound followed by the crackling energy sound of his blade. Then, the sound of thousands of tormented souls...lives he'd ruined with his own hands. He sighed. Things were different those days...or were they truly? The more things changed the more they stayed the same... Nosdyn thought to himself. He began to walk forward into the forest, holding his weapon aloft. He pointed the blade tip downward at a forty-five degree angle ready to strike at a moment's notice and by his command.

He had no idea who his opponent was about to be...
    Fear.

Fear is My Weapon...-Sith Saying

Through VICTORY My CHAINS are BROKEN.-Sith Code

Your FAITH has blinded you.-Illidan Stormrage