John,

I write to you amidst a world that has changed. I hope that you have not, and this letter finds you well.

Amongst all of the changes our world is going through, there are some things that remain the same. I have watched carefully and have come to realise only authoritative reality exists. Every being in this world seems to live misrecognizing only convenient “facts” as truth. This is because they have no other way to live. However, for the powerless who make up the majority, the inconvenient “facts” they affirm through themselves are entirely the truth.

What is the truth for men like us?

The truth for us is strength; on that I'm sure we agree. Yet, we find ourselves divided by both its application and indeed its very definition. I thank you though, John, from the bottom of my heart. During our first meeting, you made me feel the weight of your version of strength and I confess I doubted myself for the first time in many years. That may seem odd, given the restorative properties of the Citadel, but consider this; for the first time I met someone who could stand as my equal. Fear is necessary for evolution, my friend; The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment.

It is hard not to admire you, although I try not to. Admiration, after all, is the emotion furthest from understanding. But you have earned my respect, and, out of it, a need to understand you further.

If you are able and willing, come to the Citadel. I want you to come at me with everything you have.

~Shinsou Vaan Osiris~
-