Adventurer

EXP: 5,090, Level: 3
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next Level: 3,910
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,910

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Iswayed back and forth, the burning sensation of tears in my eyes. At first I couldn't believe that it was him, it was Joshua after seven hundred and thirty days give or take a few, since I had last seen him. The pain inside my chest almost made me double over, I felt almost as is if I was having some type of heart failure. The tears slid down my face, not willingly I just had to stare at him for a moment to take the sight of him in, standing in front of me. When he moved I moved almost like a jittery dance.

His words held empty meaning to me, I stared at him. Tears wet my cheeks blinking, lifeless eyes. "People have died, Nym-" My words broke off I could feel my lower lip tremble.

I looked away, for a moment. The pain of losing my one true friend was overwhelming. "She died."

Looking back at him, the realization on his face when he understood what I was saying. He advanced on me panic set in as I scurried away, tripping over my own feet. He stopped almost immediately when he saw the look of fear come across my face. "You weren't here. Not for two years, things happened. I... I killed people..." My voice squeaked.

"You left me to do her bidding and many have suffered greatly in your absence." I spat out bitterly at him.

Turning my back on him I walked towards the cupboard, fetching the second to last bottle of liquor. I refused to run back into his arms like I had many times before. He had shattered my heart, crushed my soul and in that dark period I had become a beast of destruction. I was what nightmares were made from, things mothers would tell their child to scare them into behaving. Tears fell, like a leaky faucet that constantly dripped. I poured myself a cup of bourbon, I didn't enjoy the taste but it got me intoxicated a lot faster then the sweeter stuff.

"This is all your fault." I drank from the cup deeply, wincing at the harsh burn that slid down my throat, warmed my belly and spread throughout my body. Shivering I moved to pour another cup, the harsh taste still in my mouth.
    Last edited by loves.blessing.; 01-26-2020 at 04:39 PM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    “I cannot deny that,” I said. “I cannot deny anything that has happened in my absence. I was gone from this world, with no remaining influence save the soldiers I trained. It is my great shame that they did not assist you.”

I took another small step forward, not reaching for her. Not yet. She was like a yearling that had survived a wolf attack… ready to kick and bite at anything.

“I know this will be of little consolation,” I said gently, “but it remains stone cold fact. I went through the same emotions you are now feeling when my superhuman abilities first developed. I was completely overtaken by them. I killed those who did not deserve it.” My voice was harder than my bones. “I’ll never stop regretting those killings… and yet, somehow I’ve found a way to move on. Perhaps I’ll never forgive myself… but I feel if I do as much good as possible, at some point the scale may balance.”

I took a breath and did my best to catch her gaze. I missed the way those crystal blue eyes felt when they met mine.

“But… Nymeria.” Now emotion did enter my voice. Real, choked sorrow. My memories of that little cottage would never be complete without the familiar dire wolf. She had saved Kinley’s life on numerous occasions, and even rescued me from a bandit’s dagger on one occasion. “I’m so sorry Kinley. I wish I could have been here. I wish I could make it different.” I let a long moment of silence lapse, thinking of the brave fanged creature.

“Where does she lay?” I asked at last. “I would pay my respects.”
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Adventurer

EXP: 5,090, Level: 3
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next Level: 3,910
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,910

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    An overwhelming sense of anger washed over me, I gripped the cup tightly. The glass creaking under the pressure as I stared at him, eyes blinking but no emotion seemed to register on my face. My chest rose and fell, my knuckles whitening still I continued to squeeze the cup. He was saying things like he knew what I had been through. He had no idea because he wasn't here, he was off doing his goddess's bidding. The one person I had allowed myself to love, to let down my guard and he had left me for another woman. At the mention of Nymeria's name it was like something in me had snapped, the glass in my hand shattered onto the counter. My lips parted, my void gaze fell down to my hand, it riddled with glass shards. Blinking at my hand I watched as blood started to slowly pool in the palm of my hand and overflowed onto the counter.

"The place where my berries used to grow." I said flatly.

My eyes stayed on the crimson liquid that simply dripped, my eyes collecting tears as I tried to swallow past the thick ball of raw emotions in my throat. "McKinley," I heard him say with concern.

I stiffened at the sound of my name rolling off the lips of my lover. I breathed out a shaky breath looked up finally, bright blue gaze filled with unshed tears. My muddy red locks falling in my face as I moved towards the washing basin. My hand slid into the frigidly cold water. A gasp parted my lips, starting to wash the gash on my hand.I chewed on my lower lip as she could feel, in a way sense that the demi being was closing the gap between the two with her back turned to him.

As much as I wanted to hate him, he was the first man that I had laid with, the first person I had truly loved. I had spent many nights laying wrapped in his arms dreaming of the life that we would have together. He had been my protector and I had been his breath of fresh air, filled with innocence and music. I had waited in the village he had left me in for months, the villagers growing concerned as much as me when the great Breaker had not returned from his quest. All of their love had left with him, it had felt like in a single instant my soul had shattered and I had been too weak to fight the darkness that had awaited for a moment as such to arrive and creep in.

Closing my eyes tightly I willed myself to move but my body seemed to refuse. I could feel how close he was getting, the nearness of him making my heart beat wildly. It was almost as if my body craved him, refusing to flea from the the one thing, person that could grant me peace even just for a moment. A breath of fresh air from the solitude of destruction that surrounded me. I stared down into the bowl of now bloody water, the murky reflection of myself staring back at me like a hollow shell of the being I had once been.
    Last edited by loves.blessing.; 01-26-2020 at 04:53 PM.