EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers

Kora and Charon part 2: Patience, Patience

We rode in the early hours of dawn upon a bright white steed. The five leagues of the magically made straight that connected Tor Elythis to the mainland was almost empty at that time of day. For a long time it seemed to just be us, racing that great path, the only sounds the horse's hooves, the calls of gulls above and the waves bashing against the stonework that made this bridge. Only rarely did another horse or carriage dart past, and those moments were fleeting.

Eventually we arrived at my quiet corner of the city, where academics were seen at all hours and whores only trespassed under the guise of noble maidens. Down a back alley we gave back the horse to a trading post, then I took her to the tall houses that marked my accomodation. We climbed the stairs together, friends more than anything now. Lovers, yes, but only in the physical sense and it felt good, this understanding between one of the oldest beings on the planet, and a young half succubus. It was beautiful and precious.

Slowly I opened the door to my apartment. It opened onto the hallway, with its bedroom, bathroom and living room that might as well be a library and partly a bedroom now. The door to the living room was closed, signalling that likely Selena was still asleep. So I paused before moving back and allowing my guest in behind me. I nodded to the living room, then pointed to a door to the right that was slightly ajar.

“I think she's resting. My bedroom is through there, I can make tea.”

Koreena smiled nervously as she glanced from Selena’s room back to me. “I’ll be quiet,” she promise with a whispered tone. She walked in a smile on her lips as her eyes drank in my living quarters. “I’ll go freshen up.” She gave me a soft peck on the cheek before disappearing into my bedroom.

My lips curled into a smile as I watched the gorgeous half succubus swirl away in a flurry of movement, colour and elegance. Then, as she twisted to go inside my bedroom I set my hand quietly on the handle of the living room and pushed it open.

The world of shelves upon shelves of books was shown to me, dimly lit through the veil of early sunrise light, filtered via the vlince blinds. Upon the sofa the black-haired being that was my biological daughter curled beneath a blanket, facing into the back of the seat. Eyes closed she looked the image of an innocent, and it made me smile, despite the reason I had left - to get a break from living with her constantly in a house not made for two. Briefly I looked at her, then I closed the door behind me to head into the small kitchen to make tea.

I made it as quickly and silently as I could, though the kettle boiling on the cast iron stove was hard to keep low in terms of noise. The door to the living room I kept shut as I gathered milk from the cupboard, thankfully still fresh, then mugs and finally the tea itself. Then I made cups of steaming hot beverage, the best of its kind (leaves from Otoke in Akashima, grown in peaty soil) and headed back through, closing doors as I went.

I nudged open the door to my bedroom.

She emerged from the bathroom, her face looked as if she had splashed water on it. She smiled as her eyes went from me to the cup. “Thank you,” she said softly as she closed the distance between us. One hand rested on my chest as she gripped the cup of tea with the other.

Slowly I smiled, raising my now free hand and taking hers from my chest. I pulled her fingers up to my lips to kiss them before turning and heading into the bedroom. It was a simple space, with a double bed pushed against the wall with a window, and a large chest opposite. A single chair sat in the corner, and a small table was by the bed.

“I'll show you the rest in the later morning,” I smiled.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena smiled at his little kind gestures of affection. It was nice not to feel the pressure of a relationship weighing on her. If she was truly being honest with herself, commitment scared her breathless. Her eyes glanced around the simple room, she took a small sip of her hot tea. The warmth soothing her nerves and throat.

“I like it, simple and yours. I bounce from inn to inn but that is also for other personal reasons.” She said softly.

“I actually moved here only a couple of weeks ago,” I nodded, shrugging off my robe awkwardly as I switched my tea from one hand to the other, “before that I had a small apartment in Alerar, where I taught for a few months and before that Akashima. My darling brother Morningstar thought it better I live here,” I rolled my eyes a little.

Koreena smiled softly as she walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. She let her hand slip over the bedspread feelings the soft material. Her gaze fell on him, “well consider it a blessing in disguise my love.” She set her tea on the night desk next to her as she patted the spot next to her.

“Come here, you look tense.” She purred gently.

He smiled slightly, but only slightly, and came forwards. Pushing his tea onto the table also, he breathed out in a sigh as he took a seat next to her. He kicked off his boots before pulling his legs up onto the bed with him, folding them into a cross.

“I'm tense a lot of the time, but only because I never know what will happen next. When you're me it's hard to relax.”

Her expression soften as she kicked off her sandals. She placed herself behind him, either leg on the side of him. Her fingertips started to massage his shoulders as she peppered soft kisses along his back. “Well I am here to remind to relax, breathe and enjoy the little things.”

He let out a contented moan and leaned into her hands. After a moment of silence he hummed, eyes closing slowly. “You are talented.”

She laughed, shaking her head as she let her digits work on the knots in his shoulders. “Yes I am but I am also practical and you need to enjoy life a little more.” She gave him another kiss on the shoulder. She pushed herself onto her knees so that she could massage him at a better angle.

“I won’t even start to pretend I know what is going on between yourself and your brother but I will say the little things you can control you should enjoy more.” She grinned, kissing him down his neck.

“He has a habit of quite literally kidnapping me,” he said in a low, but pleased voice. Pleased because of the massage. “Though recently I became a little more powerful than he was expecting so we had to rearrange our deal somewhat. He's … interesting. The personification of power, actually.” And he smiled warmly. “You kiss well also. I would say you do have the powers of a succubus.”

She giggled softly as she nipped at his neck now. “Well if he tries to steal you again while I’m around he will have to deal with this succubus.” Her fingers kneaded into the deep tissues of his back working their way down his spine.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    I honestly found myself amused, thinking of what it might be of Morningstar against this beauty. Simply for demonstration he would summon whatever creative weaponry and restraints he could imagine, there likely temporarily before my newer powers fought them vicariously. Yet, an occasion of him randomly turning up was not likely, mainly because of the fact that we had something more of an understanding now. I was more dangerous, yet more useful. I was able to bring him glory.

“I don't think he will show up in the next couple of days,” I said quietly, turning my head slightly to look at her. “I'm due to travel soon, that he knows.”

“Ah a secret mission, how sexy.” She giggled claiming my own lips with hers. Her hands still massaging my back.

“Not so much,” I laughed, “I'm going for a personal research trip. It's connected to -”

Then I paused, thinking of the impending apocalypse. Did Kora know? Was her connection to divinity enough to allow her that ability to know what was to come? Did the Cronen man even know? That I could not say, because Morté, the King of Death and Rahl did not. Morningstar was possibly one of the most knowledgeable beings of authority in terms of it, and that was purely because of what he had initially told me and what I had since discovered.

“Do you know?” I asked, suddenly turning partly to her, eyebrows furrowed, “Selena does not, but I am keeping her safe for now.”

Koreena’s face twisted with confusion as her hands dropped from my body. “Do- do I know what?” She looked around nervously. “I’m confused..”

If she had known, something as massive as the possible end of life as we knew it probably would come to her mind. The fact she was confused told me she might not know. Slowly I twisted around to her and focused fully on her.

“Don't … freak out. And do not be telling everyone you meet. The reasons I am keeping this quiet are many, but it includes mass panic, and a lack of false hope, if I am not successful.” I paused, “the … the world is about to go through a dramatic change.”

“Charon, I don’t even talk to my own father..” she paused for a moment. “The world goes through dramatic changes all the time…”

I shook my head slowly. “Screw your father for now. This is not a simple change. It will affect the course of Althanas history, at least half the world.” I paused, wondering what word choice would be exactly best. Mentioning directly the 'apocalypse’ might be some mistake. And speaking of doom and gloom might not go down so well either. I decided for factual. “There is a high likelihood this planet is going to face an intense natural disaster.”

Koreena’s face pulled back slightly as if someone had physically hit her. “Natural disaster…” She repeated slowly. “Why are you telling me this? Is it- is it because I’m in danger?” She shook her head silently, “no you are joking with me how could anyone know such things like natural disasters are going to happen. I know science can monitor it sometimes predict it may happen but you can’t control nature…” She bit her lower lip nervously.

I looked at her seriously. “It's not a joke. It's fact. I know because my brother knows, and he knows prophets. And then he got my power back, at least some of it, and in exchange I'm researching for him and trying to save the world in his name.” I paused, realising how stupid that sounded. My brows furrowed. “This deal really does favour him,” I said, as if only realising it.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    KC sat for a moment as she pushed a trembling hand through her locks. The world was ending? Or going to change completely. She chewed on her lower lip, unsure of what exactly to say. “Thank you for telling me, and please be careful.” She let her hand reach out as her thumb caressed his lower lip.

He looked a little surprised as she did but did not move. His breathing began to get faster, eyes focused on her. “I promise I will be careful,” he said quietly. “If you let me know when you move I'll keep in contact, and let you know when I successfully come up with plans to save people.”

A smile came to her lips that didn’t reach her dark gaze. She let her hand fall from his soft skin, “I move often avoiding encounters with certain people.” She paused her gaze falling to her hands then back up to her recent lover. “But I promise to send letters so we can stay in contact and I can have peace of mind knowing you are okay while off playing hero in the name of your brother.”

Charon rolled his eyes, and slumped a little, looking back forwards. “It's not that I do not want to save as many as possible, but he's so egotistical and narcissistic. So obsessed with power he decided that the Old Gods weren't doing a good enough job and he should be in charge. Bleh.”

He glanced back over his shoulder. “So. How long do you have to stay?”

Koreena placed a reassuring hand on his upper thigh. “A while but let’s not worry about that now.” She sighed laying back on the bed. Her hair spilling around her on the pillow as she stared up at the ceiling.

“Come lay down, my love. I assume we have a bit before your daughter wakes up and I wish to spend a little time gazing at you.” She smiled raising her head slightly to look at him.

He paused, looking back at her, head tilted to the side. A small smile came to his face, banishing the grump before he twisted around to her. Down he slumped to lay beside her, looking into her eyes.

She laughed softly as her hand brushed cross his brow that had creased so much lately. “If you weren’t immortal I would say that you should stop frowning so much or you are going to wrinkle that handsome face of yours.”

He smiled more, leaning on an elbow. “I'll try to not frown as much for you.” He used his other hand to loop back his hair from his face. “So you don't have elongated life?”

Koreena let her hand move from his brow to his cheek. “Yes I do, I’m not exactly sure how long but I assume pretty elongated seeming as my mother was one hundred and five when she passed but barely looked like she had seen twenty three winters.”

He turned his head to kiss her palm gently. “I see. That's good at least, if you want to live longer, that is, than the ordinary human.” He paused. “I've died a few times, but always come back to life.”

“Or you were just wondering if I lived longer because you don’t wanna lose me because I’m a pretty spectacular friend.” She smiled leaning in and kissing his forehead before she pulled back realizing what he had just said. “You died a few times?!”

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    I found myself openly laughing a little, running a hand into her hair. Her expression, her shock made it seem she had never particularly experienced my form of immortality. The fact that I could lose my life, but I would come back. I was still liable to maladies of the flesh, and had as much endurance for suffering as the next man.

“Yes, I die like everyone else, the breath comes out of me, then six hours later, I will return. Like all my siblings. We can die for real, I know, but that requires utterly destroying our form beyond comprehension …” I broke off, lifting my hand to run it through her hair, tangling them into her curls.

“What sort of immortality have you seen?”

Koreena leaned into my touch, smiling at the sound of my laughter. “I haven’t seen much honestly. I have never even left Falleni until Leila passed and my brother, Thayden convinced me we should go tell our father in person. I haven’t even seen half of what this world could offer me yet.” She sighed closing her eyes for a moment enjoying my hand in her hair.

I had never seen much of Fallien myself, and so I found her gently tea-toned skin alluring and rare. Of course I did have some siblings who had darker skin than I, but no-one that had the culture of the Fallieni behind it. Her dancing, her touch, her exotic mannerisms were all part of what made her so attractive.

“You are young, and still have much time to travel,” I said.

“If I can stay out of my father or brother’s grasp I will travel, take in all the riches this planet can offer me.” She sighed softly. “Maybe when you are done being a superhero,” she giggled softly. “You and even your daughter can join me.” Her gaze held such hope as she looked at me.

“You're in their ‘grasp’?” I raised my eyebrow. That did not sound pleasant … though also very familiar. After all, I was in Morningstar's. “Hmm. I mean, I do know one person who you could gain more freedom with, but he's also a dickhead.” I shrugged, say up a little more. “Maybe we can travel one day together.”

“I tend to cause trouble and my father has caught wind of all the mess I’ve left in their wake.” She leaned forward slowly. Her lips captured mine for a moment before she pulled away. “Who is this dickhead that you speak of?” She raised her eyebrow, slightly tilting her head. “And I hope that day comes.”

“Oh my brother,” I waved a hand. “He got me this apartment, the job … but made me give up my last in Alerar. We have a complicated relationship. He is immensely influential, both in terms of divine society and the material plane - this one.” I smiled slightly as I lowered my hand back down to curling through her hair. “Do you want to be free of them completely?” If she did, I knew Morningstar would be able to assist - though at a price, of course.

Her smile softened as she took my hand in hers. She brought it to her lips and kissed each of my knuckles. “You have enough to worry about, your daughter, your brother and saving this world. Please don’t worry about me. I’m excellent at disappearing.” She gave my hand a squeeze.

“I'm an excellent multitasker, though,” I grinned at her, eyebrows flexing a little. And suddenly my sarcasm had returned. I didn't react, but simply let it be. I looked at her for a moment before her plush lips called me. I began to lean in.

Koreena grinned wickedly as she met her lips with my own. Her hands tangled in my hair, a small whimper leaving the temptress. My hand slid down to her waist, where I touched and lightly embraced her. Eagerly I leant in and-

“Char …”

I froze, my lips perfectly aligned with Kora’s. The voice was wary, full of caution, and concern. It was also light, a little melodic and not like Kora’s at all - I should know as I had been listening to it for nearly twelve hours. Someone else, someone different, and coming from over my shoulder, so away from the woman I was currently kissing.

Sharply I pulled away from Kora, twisting my head around. Thanks the angels of Rahl I was dressed, for, to my utter horror, I saw a beauty with long black hair, startlingly red eyes, pale horns - Selena - standing in the doorway, her thin nightgown matched with a blanket pulled around her. Her lips were trembling and her eyes wide.

“Ah …” I murmured, sitting up further and hurried turning around. “Hello …”

“Hi …” she whispered back.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena groaned inwardly, of course it would be her luck that in the midst of a hot steamy makeout his daughter, who she was meeting for the first time would walk in. She took a deep breath and laid there, should she even sit up making it more awkward then it already was. Was she the type to cry, having seen her father in the embrace of another female? KC never understood that, why was that an initial reaction is to cry?

Kora chewed on the inside of her cheek before she slowly sat up. She pushed a hand through her multi colored locks. “Hello,” she said softly and as kind as possible.

Charon was on his feet, awkwardly smiling, “Selena … this is Koreena, my … friend. Kora, this is my … this is Selena.”

“His biological daughter,” the young woman mumbled, pulling the blanket tighter around her. Her eyes stared at him. “How - what about Regina?”

A wince fell across his face. “I'll talk about her later, Selena. You have to understand that our people -”

“Most people are cheats?” she muttered, “yeah I grew up with mum. And Morté.” And she looked at Kora. “Hi, I guess.”

Koreena’s slender brows pulled together as she got out of the bed in one fluid motion. “That’s one way to look at the world.” She shrugged her shoulders, no one can be sheltered from the world forever. There are worse things than being a cheat.

“That's not quite what I was going to say,” Charon scowled, “but Kora and I are friends.”

“Ah so not ‘girl-friend. Whale of a difference,” but she waved at Kora with a half-hearted flutter of her hand. “Guess hi, Char's friend. You here for a while?”

KC laughed softly before shaking her head. “I am not girlfriend material but all in the same, lovely to meet you.” She paused for a moment, “as long as I’m welcomed.” She glanced from Selena to her father.

Charon shrugged. “Well it's my home so … yes. Selena is here until she finds somewhere better.” He glanced back at Kora. “Fresh tea, or coffee?”

“The choices are move back down to Rahl, stay with Morningstar, or here. You said it was okay that I moved in,” she scowled.

“That you moved in until you found something better,” he corrected and smiled at Kora. “Tea or coffee?”

Koreena watched the two bicker back and forth at one another before she smiled pleasantly at Charon. “Tea please.” She turned towards Selena, “have you seen the world?” Such a simple question she asked but there was hope in it.

He nodded a little, a warm glow in his eyes as he did, then he turned around to begin heading back through the door. Selena had to move to the side to let him past, but beyond that she remained where she was.

Firmly, she shook her head. “Not much, no. My father Morté, that is, the man who brought me up, is the tyrannical demon lord ruler of an underworld. We call it Rahl. Mum is his queen, Charon was his slave for a few thousand years,” she waved a hand. “He likes the whole 'anyone who is not him should be seen, not heard’ and that applied especially if you're his child and a girl. Closeted childhood.” She shrugged. “Why do you ask?”

She flopped back down onto the bed as she gazed up at the ceiling. Her mind wandered to all the places that she could possibly see. “I intend to travel the world one day, maybe you should come with. I’ve never seen much but I intend to. Freedom is a thing most people take for granted.”

Selena narrowed her eyes a little, curious. “Travel with my biological father's sex partner when we have only just met?” Her eyes blinked. “You're as bonkers as him,” yet her lips twisted up in a wicked smile. “Whyever not?”

Koreena laughed shaking her head. “I’m Charon’s friend. Didn’t you hear him say so?” She sighed laying there for a moment. “Why shouldn’t to sheltered girls not go see the world together? I mean I can be a bad influence at times but good times are to be had by all.”

“People say I'm a bad influence,” Selena leant against the doorway. She looked at Kora up and down. “So who's your parents? Born out of wedding vows like me, or a better sort of family? And how old are you?”

KC snorted, unlady like. She rolled to her side so she could see Selena, the fair, raven haired beauty. “My father fucked my Mother to please the moon Goddess so she would bed him under the order of his water Goddess he serves..” She ran a hand up and down her form, gesturing to herself. “That is how myself and my twin came to be. No love involved. The only love I’ve ever had is my mother’s and she has passed.”

A frown pulled at her plush lips as she cleared her throat awkwardly. “Sorry, that was pretty doom and gloom. I’m old enough.” She rolled onto her back again.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    I came through to the bright sudden sound of Selena's laughing. She was smiling, and it reached her eyes. My brows rose at her as I turned the corner with two coffees and a tea very carefully balances in my hands. As she saw me she leant away from the doorway and quickly moved to try to help me and take one of the mugs.

“Sorry I'm not laughing at your story. At all. Or about your mum,” her face fell and she blinked. “Sorry. It's just … well I think it seems we're both lost cases. I'd love it if my father was dead too. Yours sounds as much of a douche as mine is.” Then she glanced back to me. “Morté, not you.”

I just shook my head wearily, confused but it seemed that this was the way with Selena. Coming further into the room I held out the other coffee to Kora. Then I remembered it was a tea and held that out instead

“Glad I've not annoyed you enough yet,” I muttered, and gave Kora an apologetic look.

She graciously accepted it with a smile and even gifted me with a playful wink. Her dark gaze went back to Selena, she took a timid sip of her tea before speaking. “Nah I don’t wish him to die, just suffer a little. Maybe have his dick fall off or have him trampled by a herd of wildebeest.” She giggled at the last part before taking another sip of her tea.

“Ohhh,” Selena suddenly looked excited, “can we do that to Morté?”

I shrugged, finally having my hands free to wrap them fully around my coffee. I wasn't going to say that I was part of a plan to possibly destroy Morté altogether, if it were manageable and Morningstar's plans worked, but I wasn't going to admit that I didn't want his death.

“Sure. I don't mind at all. I'd say do the same to Morningstar too for being a prick in general but …”

“Move to the lounge,” Selena suggested.

Koreena pushed herself to her feet careful not to spill any hot tea. She nodded, “sure lead the way.”

Selena had made an attempt to tidy, shoving her blankets over the back of the sofa and placing her pillows as cushions. Her clothes that I had spent an afternoon with her buying, so that she'd have something other than the dark, sexy garb of Morté's court that she came in, lay in a pile. My books were all respectively where they should be, however, so I nodded as I made for my armchair.

“I read,” I explained to Kora as she stepped into the living room where every available space was stuffed with shelves.

Her expression light up like a child getting a grand present. “Wow,” she breathed walking to the one of the shelves. Her free hand stroked the spine of a book, her lower lip caught in between teeth. “I’ve never seen so many books in one place before. Oddly enough I love reading, something so therapeutic about turning the pages. The way your the paper feels in your fingers.” She realized she was babbling as she turned slowly, her tea colored cheeks painted with a soft pink hue. “Sorry..”

I was already sitting in the armchair and smiling at her. “Don't worry,” I said as I watched Selena slowly sit on the sofa herself, eyes flickering between us. “I have the same feelings. This collection is most of what I have selectively ended up with since books were printed. Before that … they were more fiddly.” I nodded at a couple of scrolls by my head.

She simply nodded before her eyes went to the scrolls, “that is amazing.” Koreena sat down on the sofa, giving enough space between her and Selena.

I nodded a few times, appreciating her more now. It made me wish more that our friendship would last longer than just the briefest of weekends.

“He's got more back at Morningstar's,” Selena said, “and you left a fair few in your house at Rahl - the underworld I'm from,” she explained to Kora, “though mum's looking after those.”

“She's welcome to them,” I shrugged, then looked to Kora. “So what do you read?”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena smiled at Selena, “my mother’s people are from the same realm.” Her gaze went from daughter to father. She thought for a moment, unsure if he would know exactly who she was about to meet him. “Have you ever heard of the philosopher Aristotle? He had an amazing mind and wrote stunning scrolls about mathematics and biology.” She breathed for a moment, “my mother, Leila she met a realm traveler and he had gifted them to her after seeing her dance.” She smiled sadly, taking a sip of her tea once more.

“I guess to answer your question, I read all types of things, science, mythology and even some fiction.” She shrugged.

Charon paused before he nodded a couple of times. “Yes, I have heard of Aristotle. They are inspiration for the Coronian philosopher Platon. I've done a couple of lectures on his work in democracy.” He leant forwards and looked about his books a moment before pointing at a shelf. “There.”

“So your mother was a dancer?” Selena asked, looking intrigued.

KC smiled, she was glad that Charon knew now that she was not just a pretty body with an empty mind. Her gaze fell on the raven haired girl before she nodded. “She was just as I am. Falleni dancers go hand and hand with being a succubus.” She smiled proudly.

“Oh so you're part succubus,” Selena rolled her eyes. “That's why Char …” she paused. “You really go for strong women don't you? My mother, Regina, this one …”

Charon winced, burying himself deeper into the armchair, “I'm not due to teach tomorrow,” he said quickly as an attempt to change subject, and he looked at Kora. “If you are staying, I can show you the city.”

Koreena could feel the anger starting to simmer, her heart began to race. She closed her eyes for a moment. In, out, in- she had squeezed the tea cup so hard that it shattered in her grip. A gasp left her lips, “shit, I am sorry…” She quickly got up from the sofa, collecting the small shards in her hands that still trembled with frustration. She didn’t enjoy the way Selena’s tone implied such crass things about her character.

“It's fine,” Charon was leaning forwards, looking as though he was going to get to his feet when Kora had stood. He spoke in a calm, concerned voice. “Don't worry about it. Do you want a fresh cup of tea?”

Slowly she shook her head, she didn’t meet his gaze as he stared at his floor. Another deep breath her eyes flashed bright blue. With a still trembling hand she summoned the infinity water. She pictured the tea lifting from the floor and hovering in a sphere over her hand. “Can you please just show me where to dispose of this?” She nodded to the ball of water and the broken cup. Her hand clenched the sharp shards, her chest rose and fell in a steady pace.

He smiled pleasantly as he held out his hand, his remaining one taking the coffee. “I'll destroy it,” he said, pooling a small amount of black energy into his palm. It cracked quietly.

Koreena smiled it didn’t reach her eyes though, she blinked a few times as she let the water sphere swirl in her palm. She concentrated on the calming effect that had on her. It cleanses us, washes away things that have been tainted. I release you water, thank you. She thought, a calm washing over her as the water evaporated from her grasp.

“Thank you,” she said quietly to Charon.

He nodded as he set the coffee to the side, on the ground. Selena watched with quiet wonder as he held his hand out for the pieces, then once they were with the black energy pulsating in his palm, he set his other hand on top. There was a small crack of noise, and when he opened his palms there was nothing to be seen.

He smiled and leant back.

“If you could just give me a moment I need to freshen up..” Kora stood up dusting her hands off on her thighs. She nodded at Charon, a half attempt of a smile on her lips.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Immediately I frowned, wondering, or rather knowing, something was amiss. Her whole body language told of it - her strained smile, the tension in her form. My lips formed a thin line as I watched her leave the room. I tried to thing of what had upset her, and could only think of Selena's comments on who I slept with. Slightly I frowned as I looked to my biological daughter.

“Go after her and apologise.”

Selena gawped. “Apologise? For what, telling the truth? She's-”

“Selena, please,” I sighed. “I'm not telling you what to do, but this is my home and she is my friend.”

“Friend?” she asked me, seriously sarcastically.

I nodded once, glaring. “Friend, yes. Not go apologise.”

For a moment more she groaned before getting to her feet. She slumped out of the room and stood outside the bathroom.

“Sorry,” she grumbled.

Koreena has splashed some cool water on her face after rinsing the small shards of ceramic glass off her hands. She sighed softly when she heard the girl’s voice. Slowly she turned to face her. “I know what most think of succubi, whores, gutter rats. I don’t mind when it come from naive people, but don’t place me in a category with the rest of your father’s lovers. Don’t pretend to know me because I won’t with you.” Her tone was soft and her face emotionless.

Selena shrugged. “I don't think that,” she said. “All I said was-” she broke off. “Look sorry.” And she oddly curtseyed before heading into the living room. There she slumped on the sofa before me. I had my eyebrows raised, having heard the entire thing. I remained silent until Kora could join us again.

It took her a moment to come from the bathroom, she had her arms crossed as she walked and leaned against the door frame. She offered me a strained smile before averting her gaze. “I would love to take you up on your offer of showing me the city if you aren’t busy tomorrow.”

For a moment I observed her before I nodded. “I would be honoured to, Kora,” I told her. And I offered her a smile. “For now you are welcome to rest here. I need to sleep, and then meet one of my students later.”

Koreena nodded, “thank you, I would like to rest as well. The trip was lovely but long.”

I nodded, looking at Selena. “Do you have plans today?”

My daughter pursed her lips before looking into her coffee. “I'll be out. I'm going to go back to the court.”

I blinked slightly, but nodded. If she wanted to head to my brother's court, that was her decision. After all she was supposed to be engaged to him. Or married already.

“Okay,” I said quietly, then I drained the rest of my coffee. “Right. Are we better then?” I looked from one woman to the other.

Koreena finally looked at me, her melodic laughter filling the room as she shook her head. After her laughter died out, “I have said my peace, Professor.”

I looked to my daughter and she stared at me before grunting. “Yes. Sorry.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena’s body still felt tense with anger but she was letting it die down. Should she offer to stay at an inn? The small confrontation had left both female’s ridged, she sighed softly. The travel had been long so she wasn’t lying when she said she felt like she could sleep. She stifled a yawn on the back of her hand. Her once again dark gaze fell on Charon, “If you don’t mind I would really like to lay down.”

“The bed is there for you,” he nodded to the doorway, “I'll be there soon.” He rolled back his shoulders and gave her a quick smile before he looked at Selena. He had plenty to speak of with her.

KC nodded slowly, she turned but paused for a moment. Looking over her shoulder at the young girl, “it was nice to meet you.” With that she went into the room closing the door behind her.

Finally she let the remaining tension roll off her body as she stripped off her pants, leaving herself in a simple shirt and her undergarments. She walked over to the bed and crawled into the bed. She laid on her stomach over the soft bedspread, she sighed laying her head on one of the pillows. “Deep breath…” She said softly to herself.

A quiet knock came a few minutes later. Charon stood in the doorway, concern in his eyes. “You okay?” he asked softly.

KC rolled to her side as she took in his handsome features, a soft smile coming to her lips before she nodded. “I know what I am, many people- mostly women don’t care for succubi. I get that. I am sorry I let my temper get the best of me..” She looked down at her hands before she patted the empty spot in the bed next to her.

He shook his head as he came over, closing the door behind him. “I'm sorry for what she said, and so is she. She still has yet to get used to the ability to say what she wants without fear of being punished.” He began to peel off his shirt. “She's hard to live with but right now I'm possibly the best hope for her to live a normal life. The one she should have.”

Koreena shook her head, “hey you don’t have to apologize to me. It’s your home and she is your daughter.” She smiled watching him undress his breathtaking form. “Come to bed,” she grinned.

“Very gladly,” he said, a smile starting to grow. He pulled off his shirt, then began on his trousers. Leaning toward her he moved in for a kiss.

KC’s hands cradled his face as she kissed him deeply. The hateful words spoken between daughter and lover washed from her mind quickly. She sighed against his lips. “I could get used to your lips against mine.” She purred.

“You're allowed them more than once,” he murmured back, then he grinned as he got rid of his final clothing, to just stand there in his underwear. He slid into the bed beside her.

She laughed softly as she scooted closer to him. His nearness made a fire in her belly stir. “I think I am getting pretty good at getting you out of your clothes.” She grinned letting her lips slip down his neck.

He slid his hands along the skin at her waist, sighing contentedly as she kissed him. “It is a useful skill,” he said.

“Indeed it is.” She shivered under his touch. Her heart rate started to pick up. Her lips curled around his neck as she suckled softly. Pulling back slowly she grinned wickedly. “I think we are suppose to be resting.” A small sound of laughter parted her plush lips.

His brow rose, and he chuckled with her. “We are.”