View Profile

Adrielle, the Wailing Woman

e2489f30d4014b8050eb04865a3f1e9f.jpg

Name: Adrielle

Nickname/Alias:

Race: undisclosed, banshee/ soothsayer/ the Wailing Woman

Height: five feet six inches

Weight: one hundred and forty eight pounds

Personality: Adrielle is reserved, keeps to herself most of the times. Always aware of her surroundings and the people in it. Do not mistake her quietness for shyness at times when needed, she can be very voice-tress and factual. Having spent most of her life as a test subject, she prefers the company of books over actual people.

History: Since Adrielle’s knowledge of her existence she was always kept in a room, dimly lit, one small window and a door that the man that [i]raised her[\i] said to never open unless given permission to. As a young child she had always known in a way she was unique. Able to see certain glimpses of the future when a person chooses the right path, glass shattering scream to warn that someone in the building would meet death, telekinesis, though she was not very good at it.

Adrielle has no parents only a tall, lengthy fellow that she was only permitted to call Professor. Spending most of her time alone unless brought to the assessment room to give a vile of blood here, lift a bottle with here mind there or to try and use her foreseeing sight to see what the professor may do next before he had done it. She found herself enthralled with books on many different subjects, science, history and even fictional. Living vicariously through the pages of the book that she currently read.

For many years it was the same routine, fed breakfast, read a boom maybe even two, the professor would come in and examine her in different scenarios, she would be left to her own thoughts with reflection on said scenario, evening meal, Professor would return expecting an answer and if it pleased him she would be rewarded with a book if it dissatisfied the tall man he would take her to the assessment room and run man harsh drills over and over until she passed out from exhaustion. This was Adrielle’s normal day to day life for many years until it wasn’t.

Just like any other day professor had given her given her a riddle this time. She had spent all morning staring out the small window, pondering the scenarios that may be the correct answer when a large, thunderous sound shook the room. Hollering and what sounded of fighting rang true behind the closed door. Standing quickly she was met with a dilemma, open the door that she was told never to unless verbally told other why, or stay and be at the mercy of what may happen.

Daringly using her gift of sight she opened her mind to the infinite possibilities of what could happen. A sharp pain burst to life in her skull, as if someone had taken a hot fire poker to frontal lobe. Doubling over she pushed herself harder to see, desperate for answers. Over and over again in each modification it ended one of two ways, her being captured and taken to some godforsaken concentration camp if she stayed or the professor finding her in the hallway and yelling at her to run before he is overtaken by large men with weapons. So she did what any person would and ran.

Appearance: Adrielle is easy on the eyes, strong exquisite features from her dark rich brown gaze to her sharp cheekbones, feminine curves and long legs. Her complexion is creamy and fair in color. Her thick locks fall in cascading waves of fiery red mane.

Skills:

Harbinger of Death: Adrielle is a person that announces or signals that something or someone(s) death is coming soon. A blood curdling scream will part her lips and though to many others this scream will be just that a scream, to the person that is about to meet their impending fate it sounds almost like an angelic song.

Solving: For the many years she spent with the professor, her ability to solve complex puzzles, combinations and problems is extraordinary. Her brain for the most part works things out problematically unlike other beings that rule with emotions.

Abilities:

Sonic scream: Adrielle’s sonic scream is eardrum splitting, glass shattering and could possibly be building shaking, shockingly effective. Her scream has a small delay of three seconds and can render an enemy or anyone around her in the wingspan of sixty feet that is not shielded by stone or wood in pain, mostly their mind as it seems to almost be a sonic wave that scrambles the brain waves in a person. The affect on a person physically would be an extremely intense migraine, possible blurred vision. Her ability for the sonic scream can be easily interrupted in a number of ways but not limited to, running out of breath, being knocked unconscious and having something interrupt her focus on screaming.

The Sight: Adrielle is able to see a glimpse into the future, this is indeed a tricky ability for her to use as the future is always subject to change. This ability also only allows her to see what could be future two hours before it could happen. The toll that it takes on her physical form is also taxing, leaving her to cry bloody tears and leaving her pupil and iris completely white and cloudy. This causes her to lose her eyesight for at least twenty minutes, along with the blindness she has a cranial splitting headache. This ability is only able to be used twice a day.

Telekinesis: One of Adrielle’s weaker abilities, she is able to move smaller objects with her mind, the object can weigh no more than twelve pounds. She is able to move things as far as twenty feet. She has to be able to see the object she intends to move and is only able to use this power in a duration of twenty five minutes at a time four times a day.

Equipment/Weapons: None
    Last edited by Adrielle; 08-29-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello and welcome to Althanas!!

You certainly seem to have an interesting character here! I'm getting vibes of Eleven from Stranger things.

I have a few questions to be able to assess your abilities properly.

For Sonic Scream could I possibly ask what sort of level of pain the scream gives (say, a minor headache) and how often you can use it. Does it last for three seconds?

For the Sight I can say future sight is always a tricky one. Could you possibly limit this to a couple of times a day (two)?

In terms of Telekenisis is there any limit to the objects she can move? E.g. if it is magic etc.

Thank you so much

If you have any questions please ask them here.

Phi, your friendly faun admin.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

EXP: 40, Level: 1
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 1,960
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,960

GP

Name
    Adrielle

View Profile
    Phi,

Thank you for getting to this so quickly! As far as the sonic scream I suppose it to be pretty painful if it is able to be as high of a frequency to shatter glass, though not very powerful enough to get through solid objects such as wood or stone. As for the three second delay from the time she starts screaming it takes her three seconds to build the scream up, it doesn't just start as a sonic scream for her yet. I hope that is helpful for that one?

For the telekinesis ability this is a pretty weak one so I am assuming if spelled to stay in place that she may be able to wiggle it where it sits but unable to pick it up.

Also added the two time limit ability for the Sight.

Thank you again!!
    Last edited by Adrielle; 08-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello Arielle!

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but thanks for the details.

Could I possibly ask you to put these details into the main body of your piece, which I see you have done to some extent. I will probably still need some definition for your sonic scream, as "building shaking" could be interpreted a number of ways. If we say something about how painful it is that should help a lot.

How far can she move the object for Telekenesis?

Thanks for your patience! I am around all day.

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Adrielle

View Profile
    Phi,

I believe I had added a few more specifics. Please let me know if there is anything else that I am missing that could be added.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Perfect!! Thanks so much Arielle!!

We should be able to get you approved soon, I'll just do the numbers today and get back to you.

Thanks for being so patient. Do you have any questions at all?

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Just a quick last question: for Sonic Scream, how long does the scream last? Until Adrielle runs out of breath or potentially indefinitely? Just a few seconds?

Thanks!
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Adrielle

View Profile
    I believe I put it in there, that if her breath ran out or if she was knocked unconscious and so and so forth. Is that not good enough?

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Thanks! I was just seeing if there was a time limit as well. As it was down as an interruption I did not take this into account as a duration period, apologies.

We are good.

You are approved!!

Go forth and write! Best place to start is the area known as Stonevale.

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters: