EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile

Forgotten No More

The first thing I noticed when I stepped into the room was the stench.

It smelled like someone did not take a bath in weeks. It definitely stunk like only a female could as well. I tried my best to keep a straight face and not puke as I adjusted to the light of the room.

It was a dark room, completely reinforced with cold stone. No light shone in anywhere except for the metal door behind me, slightly swung open. The air in here was warm and stale. This did not help with the odor. Nonetheless, I adjusted my glasses and looked to the center of said room. There were two wooden chairs, facing each other, on a side of a small table. One of these seats were already occupied. My patient.

Of course, some rather called them prisoners. These were people on the wrong side of the law, after all. Yet, to me, they were my patients. Misunderstood, lost, did not know better... My poor patients, needing proper guidance in life. The woman at the table was my patient.

My first, in fact.

She had recently been housed in the inhospitable Terrinore. She had been positive she deserved it as well. Yet, after the volcanic eruption that decimated Lornius, I sought permission to rehouse those misunderstood ones in my own program. In Alerar. This was the system I hoped would benefit the world as well as the patients. I hoped to guide these people to a better lifestyle.

She was looking away from me, at the wall. Her eyes were narrowed in thoughts unknown. Thoughts I hoped to crack the code to. She appeared thin. Nothing but skin and bones, she seemed to carry no self respect. She wore a stained, plain shirt and grubby pants. Her hair was down, untouched by a comb for a long while. Her skin was greasy, covered by acne. She had a healed over scar running down her neck, to her chest.

I stepped forward, placing a cup of water down on the table. I slid it towards her as I pulled my chair out to sit down. "Greetings."

She did not respond. Not in the slightest. Did she know I was here?

I sat down, scooting the chair closer. The chair squealed in retaliation to being moved, which finally caused her eyes alone to look at me, emotions clouded.

Her eyes each carried a different color. One was blue, the other burgundy. Her button nose would make her look cute if were not for... well...

I sighed, sitting straight while she bent over. I cleared my throat. "Greetings."

She blinked, slowly turning her head to my direction.

I raised an eyebrow. She was slow to respond. She seemed uninterested in conversation, or human interaction at all. Isolation. This worried me.

I placed my hands on the table, firm yet gentle. "Let us get this out of the way first, Miss Icebreaker."

I narrowed my eyes with meaning, "You will respond when I talk to you. Understand?"

She opened her lips to respond, but only a rasp came out. I watched as her throat throbbed. Then, finally, words. Her voice was cracked from a lack of use, but it was words none the less. "Yes, sir."

I leaned forward and pushed the water closer to her. She obviously needed it. My patient! I would cure her of her ailments.

"Now, Miss Icebreaker," I spoke in a dignified manner, "The first thing we should talk about is your hygiene."
    Last edited by Ashla; 08-31-2019 at 03:38 PM.

"I did what I had to do! Nobody was taking care of these murderers, slavers, robbers! The Rangers weren’t! The Bladesingers weren’t! Somebody had to do something! So I did. And I will extract justice onto every criminal in the world until there is only the good guys. I tried using mercy and compassion. Those don’t work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I will take every measure necessary to save the world.” ~ Ashla Icebreaker.