EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod

Halloween Boss Battle

The Premise

A group of do-gooders (including Joshua Cronen) set off on a mission to prevent a mysterious evil. They succeed, but Josh is forced to sacrifice himself in the process and his body is lost. While our heroes return home, the remaining evil types bring Breaker back to life as a twisted version of his former self and send him after the good ones. Nightmares ensue.

The Timeline

I figure we'll start around end of September/beginning of October and go until we're good and finished.

The Spoils

You can claim an item from Josh's inventory or gain a different high-value item - I'll use my GP to offset the cost.

Post here with interest and ideas! Once a few people have signed up I'll post some more details.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Sounds like RP nightmare fuel.

I'm in, with first call on Breaker's Boots.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Am I allowed to join?
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Of course you are :P
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Newcomer

EXP: 12,335, Level: 4
    Level completed: 67%, EXP required for next Level: 1,665
    Level completed: 67%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,665

GP

Name
    Alyssa Snow
    Man, I don’t have any ties to Josh, but might I throw Alyssa into the pot?

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    I think there are several ways to involve Lilly in this. I owe a few posts to Philomel but I'm trying to get back into the grove of writing so I'd be interested if there's still room.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    I'd like to include everyone who wants to take part, so if there is much more interest we may make this into a two-parter. I'll post some more specific info over the next few days.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    I had a bit of a brainwave about this, let me know what you think!

The Story

Ever since the world nearly ended, Alerar has been probing Corone with a surprising scale of espionage. Their spies arrive from all ports when they don't seem to appear from thin air, and they come better trained and armed than any of their predecessors. Those few captured take their own lives using a variety of methods from poison-filled false teeth to clockwork mechanisms surgically implanted in their bodies.

Our Coronian-sympathizing team will be independently investigating these incursions, and their searches will lead them to working together to discover the source of these walking Alerian weapons; an oil platform concealed within a perpetually misty section of the sea that separates Kebiras from the known world.

A team will be assembled, and they will board a steamship complete with a crew of able-bodied warriors. Upon reaching the foggy section of the sea, known as the Crystal Ball, they realize that they are unable to perform magic there and surmise that some form of Aleraran alchemy is blocking access to the Eternal Tap.

They reach the oil platform and board it successfully, leaving behind a skeleton crew. Breaker takes point and is injured by a series of traps as they make their way into the core of the structure. They encounter resistance and lose most of their warriors before managing to disable the device blocking their magical abilities, which turns the tide of the battle. Unable to find the leader or any of the head scientists and needing to tend to their own wounded and leave, they arm explosives and attempt to escape, running into a second force led by the platform's leader and officers. Josh stays on the platform last to give everyone else a chance, and is visibly killed and dismembered as the rest of the core crew slips away on the ship.

They plan to abandon the ship and escape via portal, but before they can leave the device blocking access to the Tap is reactivated. They discuss going back to try again, but ultimately decide to sail back to Corone to regroup.

Meanwhile... Breaker's body parts get rushed to the lab on the platform and put back together. The scientists manage to bring him back to life, manipulating and twisting his perspective on the events of the past few days as they do so. Believing that his comrades came to the platform intending to watch him die, FrankenBreaker is sent after the ship.

Breaker boards the steamship when it is still a two-day sail from the edge of the Crystal Ball. He has two days to stalk, torment, and attempt to kill all those members of the crew that remain. Surrounded by perpetual semi-dark and missing many of their most potent powers, the warriors of Corone must work together in order to fend off the avenging demigod.

Adventurer

EXP: 5,090, Level: 3
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next Level: 3,910
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,910

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    I am in.