EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

A Thread With Gweneal in It

"The oldest surviving written text speaks in sparse detail of three things: the Old Gods, a vast civilization of Ancients who feared and worshiped them, and the Great Calamity, a world-spanning disaster that washed away the Ancients in a tide of war and fire. From that fire stepped the Thayne.

Their origins are the subject of much debate. The Codex of Thayne Lore, their official holy book, claims that at the height of the Great Calamity, the dying gasps of the ten mightiest Old Gods birthed them into the imperiled world so that they may set it right once more. Some more secular scholars toy with other theories.

What is known is thus: the Thayne represented a drastic divergence in divinity when compared to the Old Gods. The Old Gods, if the surviving cults that worship them in the world's remote places provide any insight, are massive and alien forces, multifaceted manifestations of abstract concepts rather than singular consciousnesses."

~ The Thayne, According to Althanian Textbooks.

This is a solo thread. A solo thread with Gweneal in it. Enjoy the fourth wall breaks!
    Last edited by Flamebird; 09-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "Oh please, not again!"

Felicity's fist stopped mid-punch. Gweneal had suddenly stopped the mock fight and was staring off into space with wide eyes.

Felicity lowered her fist, raising an eyebrow over the Lesser Thayne's sudden space out. "Gweneal?"

He was paused for another series of moments. As the ethereal world above floated within time and space, clocks all ticking at their own paces, his arms dropped. Then, he came to.

His first words: "I hate time travelers."

"What?" Felicity's hands fell on her hips. Face scrunched, she could not see what time travel had to do with honing her skills. "Gweneal, you were teaching me to-"

He held out his hand, almost in her eyes. Her eyes widened as she stepped back. Gweneal still seamed to be somewhere else, yet his eyebrows were narrowed in annoyance. "I have to fix something."

Felicity was finally starting to see the problem. Gweneal was the Thayne of time. It was his duty to make sure that time flowed in a continuous, single line. He lowered his hand, biting his lip. His amber eyes shone in anger. "Stupid time travelers."

He turned away from Felicity. A portal started to form beneath them in swirling dark colors. Gweneal sounded exhausted as he began to rant. "Mortal time travelers just don't think about consequences, do they?" He sighed heavily, "They just think they can do whatever they want do they!"

Felicity took a step forward, raising an eyebrow, "What is it?"

Gweneal's shoulders drooped as his wings began to form on his back. The wings were drooping as well. "Some high elves thought it was a good idea to travel back in time and-" He shook his head, "History will be drastically changed if I don't stop this!"

He started towards the portal. His talons scratched the hazy floor beneath them as Felicity watched in confusion. Then, she chased after him, "What is it? What's going on?"

"Stay here!" Gweneal did not turn back to her, although one of his wings twitched in acknowledgment of her. "A mortal coming with me is a bad idea!"

"Why?"

"Just because!" He leapt in, leaving Felicity to watch the tempting portal left open.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The portal yawned as Gweneal stepped through. The his talons floated above rich grass as a fair land with oak trees stretched beyond the eye's ability to see. He gazed upon the rich architecture of a kingdom long destroyed in the present from which he came. The distant elven city was white like a pearl, shinning like a gem. This was what Raiaera was before the corpses arose. This was long before the corpses arose...

"So whatchya doin'?"

Gweneal's wings fluffed up. Some of the feathers flew as he turned to see a familiar mortal standing just at the entrance of the portal. His white hair spiked as he sighed in annoyance. "Felicity..."

"So what?" She crossed her arms, "I'm here now." Her eyes seemed to glow in excitement as she gazed upon the city in front of her. "Whats that?" She pointed.

Gweneal facepalmed. "Eluriand."

Felicity's jaw dropped. "No way!"

Gweneal hastily flew closer to her, taking her by the arms as he whispered. "I told you to stay at my realm!"

"It's boring there without you!" She protested, shaking herself free.

Gweneal's eyes grew large in exasperation, "So fun is the only thing that matters to you!?"

Felicity crossed her arms, signs of anger flashing in her eyes as her eyes narrowed. "No! I just wanted to see what you were doing!"

Gweneal's left wing twitched as he tried to find the patience to explain. "You being here could complicate things so much. Do you see what's going on here?!"

Felicity looked around again. "There's no corpses."

"Of course not!" Gweneal hissed, "This is the time of the Great Schism between the elves of magic and the ancestors of the dark elves!"

Felicity took a step back, mouth wide once again as her arms dropped. "This is history..."

"Exactly." Gweneal waved his hand, "And if compromised, Althanas as we know it could be forever changed."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 09-07-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "So what's going on?" Felicity asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

Gweneal was happy she was finally getting it. She did learn fast! "A group of modern elves have attempted time traveling magic to come back here and stop the movement of the dark elf ancestors."

Her eyes widened. "They want to prevent Alerar's birth?"

"Exactly." Gweneal nodded, crossing his arms. "People are going crazy since that volcano erupted. They are willing to blame anything, even if it does not make sense."

Felicity rolled her eyes, "So they get all racist and stuff. Makes senses. Idiots..."

Gweneal could not help but smile at her annoyance of the old racial rivalry the two factions share. "Yes." His wings straightened as he landed on the ground. As his talons dug into the dirt, he pointed with his hand to the west. "And they are right over there."

Felicity followed his finger to the distant smoke rising near some large rocks. A campfire. Felicity stepped forward, shielding her eyes against the sunlight with her hand. "How are you going to stop them?"

"Hopefully a lecture will do it." Gweneal's wings curved in annoyance, "However, the elves do not primarily follow the Thayne, so it shall be tough. I might have to use force."

Felicity's head snapped to his face with shock, "Force?"

Gweneal looked at her with an unreadable expression, then tilted his head towards the portal. "Should you be heading back?"

Felicity started to watch the distant smoke again, "You have to stop them."

"Oh, I will." Gweneal smirked, "No need to worry."

Felicity Playlist.