Koreena arrived in Falleni late last night. Her heart swelled with mixed emotions being back in her birth place. She had only been in town a few hours when a knock came at her door - her mother’s door. To her surprise it was lacky from one of the prestige princes that tend to require company. She had tried to refuse to dance for him knowing well that this particular prince’s reputation precedes him. Finally she had to agree to dance for him in three days time, just dance.

Settling back into her childhood home she looked around. The place hadn’t been touched, it was like a shrine of Leila’s life. She sighed softly, having been away from Selena and Charon for almost two weeks. So KC went over to the desk she had seen her mother sit at writing letters to her father. She grabbed a piece of paper that smelled of lavender, a pen and began to write a letter to the raven haired beauty.

Dear Selena,
My life has been all too adventurous since you have last seen me. My father sent my brother and a headhunter to collect me. The scene kind of turned ugly when the headhunter went rogue and took a slice out of my stomach. Thayden of course went crazy and ripped the guy apart, literally. I took off, jumping out of the second story window. I am okay, the cut on my abdomen isn’t deep, a few stitches took care of it. I presume that my lovely father didn’t think the headhunter was going to get pissed when I broke his nose and try and stab me.

I am in Falleni now, I haven’t even been back but a day and one of the princes is beckoning to entertain him. His lackey wouldn’t take no for an answer so I told him I would strictly dance for him. His name is Prince Asaph, the gaither because he collects dancers like myself. His reputation is horrid and I heard the horror stories, he practically kidnaps the dancers that don’t go willingly and pimps them out at his parties. In three days he is throwing a party and I am to be the main entertainment.

I hope this letter finds you well, I miss you terribly. How is your father and even the egotistic Morningstar? Please remember what I said about you being destined for great things.

Sincerely,
Kora

She folded the letter up, pushing herself away from the desk. Koreena glanced down at her mother’s cloak that was made from the finest silk. It was black but had little crystals sewn into the fabric so when either the sun or the moonlight hit it, it sparkled like the stars in the nighttime sky.

She took it from the armchair and put it on, fitting her like a glove. She tossed the hood over her head, shielding her face so that she was not seen. The young demi-succubi headed to the postmaster with coin in her purse to bribe him.

Rounding the corner she could see the tall, lengthy man as he held his bag of letters, gifts and other sorts he would later send out. Out from an alleyway stepped the one person she was hoping to avoid at all cost here, Prince Asaph. His hand snaking around her waist as he pulled her flush too himself. “Koreena,” he purred her name.

Sucking in a breath she pushed herself off of him. “Prince Asaph,” she mumbled. “I have to reach the postmaster before he departs.”

The prince chuckled letting his hand wander too closely to places he shouldn’t. She wiggled from his grasp stumbling backwards before catching herself. “I just wanted to see you, let you know I am excited for you to dance for me in three days at my party.” Kora gave him a curt nod before quickly slipping around him, a shiver running down her spine. “See you then sweet succubus.” He called after her.

KC barely made it to her destination before the postmaster was getting ready to ship out. “Postmaster!” She called out, the tall man turned slowly, his warm chestnut gaze falling on her. “I have two gold coins if you enchant this letter to have the person who is to receive it in a days time.” She huffed, pulling back her hood.

The postmaster’s brows knit together as he looked at her closely. “I knew your mother,” he said in a thick tone. “She was a kind soul, for her memory I shall do it.” He nodded taking the letter and the coin. Closing his eyes he whispered something to the paper in a lost tongue, in a split moment it disappeared. Kora gasped softly as she looked at him, confused.

“It is on its way,” he nodded before turning to take his leave. “Thank you,” Koreena called after him, breathing a sigh of relief.