EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen

Double the Trouble with a Demi Succubus -Part three Charon and Koreena.-

Koreena arrived in Falleni late last night. Her heart swelled with mixed emotions being back in her birth place. She had only been in town a few hours when a knock came at her door - her mother’s door. To her surprise it was lacky from one of the prestige princes that tend to require company. She had tried to refuse to dance for him knowing well that this particular prince’s reputation precedes him. Finally she had to agree to dance for him in three days time, just dance.

Settling back into her childhood home she looked around. The place hadn’t been touched, it was like a shrine of Leila’s life. She sighed softly, having been away from Selena and Charon for almost two weeks. So KC went over to the desk she had seen her mother sit at writing letters to her father. She grabbed a piece of paper that smelled of lavender, a pen and began to write a letter to the raven haired beauty.

Dear Selena,
    My life has been all too adventurous since you have last seen me. My father sent my brother and a headhunter to collect me. The scene kind of turned ugly when the headhunter went rogue and took a slice out of my stomach. Thayden of course went crazy and ripped the guy apart, literally. I took off, jumping out of the second story window. I am okay, the cut on my abdomen isn’t deep, a few stitches took care of it. I presume that my lovely father didn’t think the headhunter was going to get pissed when I broke his nose and try and stab me.

I am in Falleni now, I haven’t even been back but a day and one of the princes is beckoning to entertain him. His lackey wouldn’t take no for an answer so I told him I would strictly dance for him. His name is Prince Asaph, the gaither because he collects dancers like myself. His reputation is horrid and I heard the horror stories, he practically kidnaps the dancers that don’t go willingly and pimps them out at his parties. In three days he is throwing a party and I am to be the main entertainment.

I hope this letter finds you well, I miss you terribly. How is your father and even the egotistic Morningstar? Please remember what I said about you being destined for great things.

Sincerely,
    Kora

She folded the letter up, pushing herself away from the desk. Koreena glanced down at her mother’s cloak that was made from the finest silk. It was black but had little crystals sewn into the fabric so when either the sun or the moonlight hit it, it sparkled like the stars in the nighttime sky.

She took it from the armchair and put it on, fitting her like a glove. She tossed the hood over her head, shielding her face so that she was not seen. The young demi-succubi headed to the postmaster with coin in her purse to bribe him.

Rounding the corner she could see the tall, lengthy man as he held his bag of letters, gifts and other sorts he would later send out. Out from an alleyway stepped the one person she was hoping to avoid at all cost here, Prince Asaph. His hand snaking around her waist as he pulled her flush too himself. “Koreena,” he purred her name.

Sucking in a breath she pushed herself off of him. “Prince Asaph,” she mumbled. “I have to reach the postmaster before he departs.”

The prince chuckled letting his hand wander too closely to places he shouldn’t. She wiggled from his grasp stumbling backwards before catching herself. “I just wanted to see you, let you know I am excited for you to dance for me in three days at my party.” Kora gave him a curt nod before quickly slipping around him, a shiver running down her spine. “See you then sweet succubus.” He called after her.

KC barely made it to her destination before the postmaster was getting ready to ship out. “Postmaster!” She called out, the tall man turned slowly, his warm chestnut gaze falling on her. “I have two gold coins if you enchant this letter to have the person who is to receive it in a days time.” She huffed, pulling back her hood.

The postmaster’s brows knit together as he looked at her closely. “I knew your mother,” he said in a thick tone. “She was a kind soul, for her memory I shall do it.” He nodded taking the letter and the coin. Closing his eyes he whispered something to the paper in a lost tongue, in a split moment it disappeared. Kora gasped softly as she looked at him, confused.

“It is on its way,” he nodded before turning to take his leave. “Thank you,” Koreena called after him, breathing a sigh of relief.

Althanian

EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Patiently Selena stood, looking the image of a ballerina in passive pose. Arms held still by her side, yet with a small, elegant curve to them, legs straight, heels together and toes pointed delicately. There she stood, chin high, hair bound in a bold bun as the seamstresses worked around her, weaving their magic as they made her her first 'royal’ dress.

A gorgeous emerald it was, a far cry from the plum and black of her father's realm. But no longer was she princess of the underworld Rahl, instead she was Lady Star, mistress of the court of Morningstar. Indeed, they had never had any formal ceremony at all, and neither were they going to consummate the marriage - but those facts were only known by a few. For all appearances Selena had to seem like she was Lady Star, in the various circumstances where she needed to be. These included, but were not limited to; balls, official events, pageants and embassy events. None of these she had gone to yet, for Morningstar seemed to like to conduct his small council meetings, his general day-to-day court operations and other daily tasks alone. He had never had a queen, and she was only really there as a symbol.

But tonight was going to be different. For the first time she was to appear as Lady Star, and be presented as Morningstar's bride. It was a gala of his power for his nobles and courtiers, where he would formally introduce her to many of his closest and most loyal followers.

Let's see if they actually respect me, she thought as material was tacked at her shoulder. So far she had a grand evening gown, with a drooping 'queen anne’ style neckline. The rest of the dress became next to nothing at her waist, where it was cut away to reveal bare flesh. Then, from her waist, it wooshed down into a loose and fluid skirt.

The needle stabbed her accidentally. Letting out a light cry she glanced from the mirror to the seamstress holding the offending item. Wide eyed the woman automatically dropped the thread, then took a step back, bowing her head.

“My lady I am so sorry!” she gasped.

Selena raised her hands kindly, “no it's okay, it's fine.”

“My lady, it is not, I should be more careful! Lord Morningstar-”

“Won't know if you don't tell him,” Selena smiled gently, still standing as still as she could so as not to upset the work done so far.

The seamstress paused and looked at her with wide eyes. “You … won't?”

Selena shook her head. “No.”

The woman let out a long sigh of relief. “Thank you my lady,” she said and curtseyed. She then went back to sewing.

It was only a short time later when a young man rushed in, baring a letter. He charged through the wooden door into the small, private dressing room. Hands out in front of him he held the letter to Selena.

“Miss!” he cried, “a letter has come to you!”

Selena frowned, wondering how on earth a letter could get to this semi-plane of Morningstar's realm. But then, the letter could actually have been sent to her biological father's place, and he could have arranged to send it here, or there was magic on the envelope, or a dove had flown here … anything. There were multiple excuses.

Calmly, she took the letter, moving still as little as possible. She slid a fingernail beneath the seal and ripped it open. Then, she unfolded the paper and began to read.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena had spent most of the morning laying in her mother’s pallet bed. It still smelled like Leila which comforted her immensely. The three days had passed and later when the moon was full Prince Asaph’s party would be in full swing. Wrapped in the soft blankets that her mother once laid in made her wish to lay in it forever. Her mind wandered - thinking what Charon was doing, what Selena was doing. For two people she had just met she felt bonded to them. An urgent knock came at the door as she groaned.

She untangled herself from the blankets and walked out of the bedroom, across the living room, to the door. The knocking turned into pounding, quickly KC looked around for something to arm herself with. She grabbed a letter opener and slowly opened the door. Gabriel, the finest beledi dress maker burst into the room in a flurry of panic. Kora groaned as she closed the door behind him, walking over to the fireplace she stroked the fire back to life. Her hand slid across the mantel trying to ignore the man as he laid out fabric after fabric on her sofa.

“Dear Mother Goddess,” he cried, grabbing her arm and pulling her over to the middle of the living room.

“Gabriel,” she groaned in protest.

The man turned, his dark chocolate skin shone in the fire. He looked her up and down with his moss green colored orbs. “What are you wearing?” Koreena glanced down as she smiled slightly embarrassed. She had taken - stolen Charon’s tunic shirt and had been wearing it for the last two days. “Oh Gabe, what are you doing here?” She quickly changed the subject and also tried to remember if she had told him to come see her. She was almost certain that she hadn’t, few people even knew that she was in town.

“Prince Asaph sent me, he wanted you to have a new beledi dress of course,” Gabriel pushed a frustrated hand through his long white locks.

Koreena sucked in a breath, something between a gasp and a yelp. “What?” She hissed.

Gabriel nodded eagerly displaying the rainbow of elegant fabrics. KC knew no amount of moaning and groaning would deter this mad man from making her something to wear for this party. Her dark gaze ran over the beautiful fabrics before deciding to simply let him do what he does best. He started to measure her quickly and efficiently, when he was finished he waved her away. “Go, go wash up!” He demanded her and started working feverishly.

Koreena didn’t need any more encouragement, turning she left and headed down the long hallway to the bathing room. She pushed open the door, the white marble top glistened in the sunlight. She smiled fondly making her way over towards the large bar claw tub. Turning on the water Kora stuck her hand under the faucet letting the water warm before she placed the plug in. Water started to fill as she went over to the cupboard and took out a small jar. She popped the jar lid open and poured out dried rose petals, smiling a sad smile as her mother used to take this exact bath.

After Koreena soaked in the tub and washed herself, she wrapped a robe around her and headed to the living room where miraculously Gabriel had already made two dresses. “Wow, that is amazing I was only in the bathing room for maybe an hour.”

The dark skin dressmaker beamed proudly, nodding eagerly. “Try one on, hurry we don’t have much time!” He cawed like a bird.

Koreena grabbed the first dress, it was black and gold. Shimming into the first half of the beledi dress. It fit like a second skin. The skirt sat right on her delicately curved hips, gold coins hung around her waist like a belt. With each movement the coins swayed and collided together. The top was almost like a braclet, the straps crossing forming and X on her back. It came with a sarong scarf. She popped her hips from side to side, the metal colliding together sounded like raindrops. The memory of her and Charon dancing in the rain came to her. Her fingertips grazing over her plush lips remembering the way he kissed her.

Back in the living room Gabriel called her back to model his creation. She walked in, the skirt part of the dress, flowed fluidly. Gabe let out a low whistle as his drank in his work. “Prince Asaph is going to love you in that but I think the royal blue color of this one would make your skin color pop.” He pointed to the other beledi dress that was the same making as the one she wore but a different color.

Koreena nodded in agreement, the dresses were breathtaking but the reason for why she was getting them soured the mood. She sighed dreading what was going happen in the next few hours after the sun went down. She pursed her plush lips slightly feeling trapped in the beautiful beledi dress.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    It was a fine, elegant hall, filled with colour, pattern and vibrancy. Swathes of material draped endlessly from walls and ceilings, making one feel as if they had been engulfed by a rainbow. Barely could the pale cream walls be seen for all the fabric, aside from where they bordered the tall windows directly. The room was made of two levels - one the hall and the next a balcony that ran the entire length of all four sides, accessible only by a blue-draped set of narrow steps.

There were some people already here, milling in their fine Fallieni clothing that showed off as much flesh as Selena would dare to. They were as bright and varying in colour as the decoration on the walls, and some had piercings all over their bodies. Gold and shining jewels made excellent jewelry, so much so to the extent that Selena felt dull in her silver circlet, that was nestled on her brow just below the stem of her horns, and woven nearly into her thick, black hair. Her clothing also was dark - the deep green of her fake husband's house, that was more Corone fashion than anything. Yes, it showed flesh at her midriff, and had the short cropped top and straight-lined skirt but the materials were not as lithe and 'swooshy’ as the Fallieni. It was just not quite the same and she felt quite out of place, despite her position.

“Eh Lady Selena Star, Princess of Rahl,” a loud voice announced.

Selena jumped, looking over to the announcer beside the doorway where she was, peering into the hall. Hurrying back over to her from him was Selena's newly appointed maid, Rashiel, niece of Sir Fellden who sat on Morningstar's small council, alongside Charon.

“Madam,” she curtseyed as all eyes turned to look at Selena. The princess pursed her lips a little and awkwardly remained where she stood.

“All I want to do is find Kora,” she muttered.

Rashiel nodded a little, looking out to the people. “Yes madam, but maybe we should get into the party first.”

They were still standing in the door, that was true. Until Selena moved she would be the centre of attention. And that was not something she wanted to be tonight. After all she had requested that Morningstar gain her an invite to this prince Asaph’s celebrations simply so she could infiltrate it and possibly rescue Kora. If the dancer needed saving.

They moved to the side of the room, where, darkened by the kindness of a balcony overhead, a long table filled with drinks stood. Selena saw the punch and aimed for it.

“I need you to go and find out where they are keeping her,” she said quietly to her maid, as she began to ladle, but kept her eyes peeled and glancing around. Apparently now someone grander had come in and so most eyes were on them, thankfully.

“My lady …” Rashiel began to murmur.

“Just go,” Selena waved a hand. “I'll be fine. Honest.”

Rashiel looked nervous, but her lady had given her a direct request. Thus, she cursteyled. “I will see what I can fine, madam,” she said.

Then she was gone, merging into the growing crowd. Selena leant against the curtained wall and began to drink punch.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena had been practically dragged to the festivities, under protest she was tossed over one of Prince Asaph’s guard's shoulders and carried here. The Hall was alive with color, colorful tapestries draped from the ceiling. Most of the lighting came from gas lanterns and candles, giving the room an almost glowing atmosphere.

Gabriel scurried frantically behind her with the dress he had finally decided upon. The bag that shielded it from onlookers eyed as she was brought in. Even with them having used the side entrance and coming just before the party started, whispers of the infamous Demi Succubus arrival spread like wildfire.

The guard that carried Kora effortlessly, made his way down back hallways, cutting through two rooms until the were in a makeshift dressing room. Lightly the big brute tossed her on a sofa that was more for looks then comfort. A string of unattractive curse words spewed from her plush lips.

“You should watch that pretty mouth of yours,” KC didn’t even have to move the locks that had fallen in her face to know who it was.

“Asaph,” she spat out his name with disgust.

“Prince,” he corrected her with a tight lipped response.

She sighed, pushing herself to sit up and adjust herself comfortably. She looked around the room. It was simple, the light was more bright than that of the dance hall. A vanity with a plush looking stool was pushed into the corner. Pursing her lips awkwardly she looked towards the Prince and his guard. He was smart for having someone with him. She had planned to knock him out and leave but now she had another more worthy opponent to get through.

“Hurry and change, you are on in fifteen minutes.” The prince spoke, his gaze greedily washing over her form.

“Can we do a rain check? I am just not feeling up to dancing today…” She mumbled.

“If she isn’t ready in fifteen minutes bring her out naked for all I care! She will dance for my entertainment!” His deep voice filled the room as he yelled at his guard, tone dripping with annoyance. With his final words still echoing off the walls he turned on his heels, slamming the door behind him.

“She is right here and you my good sir are a royal asshole!” She called to him behind the closed door.

The guard, who looked more like a laundry bag stuffed full of meat, coughed to cover up his laughter.

Koreena sighed as she laid back on the sofa, staring at the ceiling for a moment. Her mind wandered off, her thoughts dancing to Charon, his warrior like body, how his lips melted against hers. She touched her lips fondly a small smile gracing them. “Charon,” she breathed his name.

“Excuse me?” The guard arched his eyebrow, inquisitively.

Her dark orbs narrowed with annoyance, “leave so I can get ready.”

The guard’s lips fell open as if he was going to protest. Her glare became darker almost demonic like as she snarled at him. He stumbled towards the door, jiggling the handle nervously. “Okay - okay..” He stumbled out the door into the hallway.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    “Apparently she is tonight's brightest entertainment,” Rashiel murmured, her thin eyebrows rising into her temples. “They say that she is a famous dancer here, beloved by many.”

Selena grunted. By what Charon had said of that night when he and Kora had deliberately run out into the rain, away from Morningstar, Kora could hold a court to ransom with her dancing. The way her hips swung and her body responded the rhythm was far beyond any similar he had seen in one so young. Tipping back her head and eyeing the crowd Selena kept watch on as many individuals she could, noting those who might come in useful, should she need them. Also she was remembering names as they were announced, and she noted that there was a demoness Lady of Haldin, Tular, arrived that she may have some ability to befriend. What, being a half death god and seemingly tiefling/demon. Though of course she was actually half primordial, but the appearance came out similar.

Smoothly, she ran a hand over her head, touching briefly the curves of her horns and ensuring all her hair that was carefully woven around them was still in place. Looking back to Rashiel she paused as she raised the punch to her lips.

“When is she due to come on?”

“Very soon my lady,” Rashiel said quickly, anxiously. “Ten minutes perhaps. We should be ready.”

Selena nodded a little, as she drained the rest of the drink. She set the empty glass aside before she kicked away from the table.

“I need a willing victim,” she grunted.

The maid blinked once, confused. “A willing …”

The princess waved a hand impatiently. “It's fine. Show me the dance floor where she is expected.”

Confused, but accepting, Rashiel inclined her head and turned. Weaving through the loose crowds she hurriedly took Selena from the entrance hall through to another, larger chamber where a smaller crowd was milling. A group of musicians were preparing on a narrow gallery, and a small dais held a single and simple, proud throne. Selena’s eyes travelled over the area, and nodded with agreement that the space was perfect for dancing. People even seemed to unconsciously know something beautiful would be happening as they left a considerable sized space between themselves.

Scanning her eyes over the people Selena marked out what looked like a bored guard. He was awkwardly poised beside a doorway. Pursing her lips she nodded slightly to herself before she slipped her hand into the pocket of her dress.

“Wait here,” she whispered to Rashiel. “If she comes before I am back … just keep watching and follow her every move. Keep within ten feet of her.”

Rashiel frowned. “Yes, my lady, but what-”

Once more Selena waved a hand and twisted, heading straight for the guard. Rashiel’s curious eyes watched as the daughter of Charon transformed before her eyes. Strange, and beguiling she stripped away the proud, directed princess, and instead constructed a bright, flouncing girl with wide eyes and a smile that could seduce a rat. She took up a half filled glass of wine from a table as she did. Happy and young she seemed, and she was awfully apologetic as she 'tripped’ and fell into the guard's side, spilling the wine over him.

“Oh gosh!” she gasped, blushing suddenly. “I am so sorry!” Quickly setting the glass to the side she began to dab at him with her own silk shawl.

The guard gasped at the seeming generosity. “Oh no need,” he whispered, shocked at what had just happened. “You don't-”

But the red wine had stained his beautiful tunic, picked out in rich colours. “Oh but it's my fault,” Selena was timidly saying, dabbing more enthusiastically. She moved around to his front. “Please, let me …”

And she fluttered her eyelashes at him. He paused, and smiling awkwardly as he stood there. Rashiel was astounded to see her share a long look with the guard, one that showed a measure of understanding and of flirtation, but why …

And then things changed. Selena moved an arm - but from where Rashiel watched she could not see. It was fast, it was scrupulous, and for all those watching it just have just seen a slip of the hand. Possibly to … at least it seemed to change the guard. He let out a gasp, Selena grinned slightly, and as her arm moved back to the side she pressed closer to him, leaning up to whisper in his ear.

Rashiel was not close enough to hear, but she was sure the princess had him under her spell now. Beautiful, and charming was she, collected and calm. She moved to stand beside the red-stained guard as doors began to open and the musicians began to play.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena was escorted to behind the stage by the guard that had been keeping an eye on her. His hand was wrapped firmly around her upper arm as he guided her down two all ways, cutting across the same two rooms to behind a drawn curtain. The soft music blended with the gentle murmurs of the attending guests. The notes of the music soothed her nerves slightly, she closed her eyes and let it wash over her.

“You better impress, mio amore.” Prince Asaph materialized from the shadows, his hand snaked around her waist, pulling her flush against him.

Koreena’s face grimaced, scrunched together with distaste. She wiggled from his grasp as he grabbed her wrist bending it. She gasped as her wrist filled with fiery pain, bending at an angle that with any more pressure would break it. The look in the Collector’s eyes shone something of greed, lust and possessiveness. His features darkened as he applied just a little more pressure, causing the demi succubus to yelp.

“Master, you can not harm her before she entertains.” The guard drew the prince from his darkness.

“You are right, Thadios.” He smiled a sickly sweet smile, dropping her wrist. “You will submit to me and be mine, dolce Koreena or I will break you.” With that he parted the curtain slightly before entering the stage. He quickly addressed the crowd before the sound of drums started to play.

“You are up, succubi,” the guard known as Thadios pushed her through the curtain.

KC gasped, a spot light flashing in her eyes but not before she was able to see a sea of bodies. She could feel their gaze, their eyes bore into her with childlike wonder. The drums beat, almost like a pulse of the music as the other instruments slowly began to pour in, one right after the other. For a moment she sat there, off to the side she glanced noticing how still the Prince was.

Collecting herself she took a deep breath, the notes of the music washing over her. Slowly her hips started to roll, the navy blue fabric looked like waves from the ocean. The coins on her hips gently collided together giving another sound to the beautiful orchestra of music that was playing. Her tea colored complexion glistened if the soft lighting of the room, the glowing hue did wonder for her unique skin color. Her hands started to sway, caressing her hair that was neatly braided at the top of her head down into a bun at the base of her neck, a few tendrils left to frame her angelic face.

She dipped, rolled and swayed her body, almost as if she became water itself. The deep blue hued fabric billowed like waves lapping against the shore. Kora opened her mouth and high pitched notes spilled from her lips. No words really just another layer of music, the sound almost mirrored that or a prized opera singer.

Kora’s eyes flashed a bright blue as the two pots she had demanded filled with water trembled. The movements she did with her hips didn’t falter as the water came once she called. It wrapped itself around her arms like a bracelet, when she tossed out her arm it snapped like a whip. The crowd gasped in unison as she did it a few more times. Her fingers moved fluidly as if she was playing a piano. The whip that was made from water snaked away from her arm and moved around her.

The temp of the music picked up, the drums beat faster. She moved her hips quicker, the coins colliding more rapidly. The water turned to droplets around her, suspended in the air, just as she had done the last time she was with Charon. When her arms moved to one side so did the droplets. The light reflecting off the droplets as they casted random rainbows around her. The sounds of approval and wonder came from the crowd.

Just as the beat was about to end, simultaneously the demi succubi clapped her hands together and the water combusted into a mist. Her head body as she could feel the cool mist wash over her body and those close enough to the stage. An applause erupted from the sea of people, hooping and hollering, some chanting her name.

Koreena was about to flee the stage when the serpent himself pulled her to him once again.

“Was she not breathtaking!” He called to the people. Many answered with more hollering. “Only the best for my parties!” He gloated before whisking her off the stage.

“Let go,” she hissed as she tried to fight against him.

“Still you try to defy me! Deny me what I want.” He growled, wrenching her down the hallway away from the people.

The skirt of KC’s dress swooshed around her legs as she stumbled, trying to keep up with the angry prince. The collector went the opposite way from the dressing room she had gotten ready in. Fear gripped her chest as she tried to fight him, tired of her resilience he turned and his hand collided with her face. A fiery pain erupted on the side of her face, her ear rang as she tried to collect herself quickly.

Tossed over somone’s shoulder she was carried deep into the bowels of the building. The lightly started to get poor, all the demi succubi could make out was shadows. Her tongue rolled over her lips as she tried to struggle against whoever was carrying her, the coppery taste of her own blood filling her mouth.

Finally they came to a room that was lit a bit more, Koreena was set on her feet but not before her arms were pulled behind her back. She casted her glare at the guard, Thadios as he pushed her forward. Her eyes filled with horror as she saw what looked like a large cement block that had shackles built into them. A dark laughter filled the room as the Prince had rolled up his sleeves and was holding what looked like some type of whip.

Over power and outnumbered Koreena still tried to fight. “No!” She struggled as she was pushed flush against the cold stone. The freezing steel stung against her wrist as she thrashed trying to get free.

“This is a leech whip,” the prince said, admiring the whip as he flashed the weapon into her view before pulling it away quickly. “Since you deny me of what I want, what could be mine. No one else will have you.” He growled, his lips assaulting her own as she pulled back. Pulling back he sighed, a look that almost mimicked sadness in his eyes. “There is a special poison that will make you hallucinate first, then your core temp will heat extremely high before your heart gives out.”

“Please - don’t do this Asaph.” She pleaded with the monster.

“It is Prince Asaph!” He spat out before unraveling the whip. “I wouldn’t struggle, the leech whip is made to rip away flesh.” He purred.

Koreena closed her eyes as she gripped the chains, bracing herself. The first crack sounded like thunder and lightning. The whip cut across her back as a high pitch scream spilled from her lips. Her teeth ground so hard together she was certain she would break them. Warm liquid spilled down her back, the bralette barely shielding her breast now after the fifth whipping. Her body started to sag against the cement stone as she was slowly losing herself in the fiery pain of her back, tears blurring her vision.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Selena slid to a gasping halt as she heard the first ear-splitting crack. Eyes wide, she froze, fearing at what lay at the end of this cold, terrible corridor. Behind her was wheezing, as the guard who was now entirely devoted to her in his mind, body and soul came up.

“My-my mistress,” he huffed, “why we go-”

“What is in there?” The princess rounded on the guard, eyes low and dark. Her finger pointed demanding at the door. Another crack pierced the air - and a scream. It made her body shake, but there was no way she was going to head in without possibly causing Kora more harm. There was a high probability that there would be more guards than Selena could even deal with.

“The whipping post mistress,” her guard shivered, lips quivering. “She …”

A second, blood-curdling howl of pain.

Selena’s heart beat hectically. Shoving her hand to the door she whispered words that might mean her guards doom. In her pocket she gripped tight what was the internal, emotional centre of him - the small ruby gem of his Heart. As she tightened her grip around it he gasped, and began to stumble towards the door.

“I will do as you will, my mistress,” he vowed. And his eyes were full of direst love for her. He slowly drew his sword as he strode to the chamber that the whip cracks continued from.

After him Selena followed, still in her gorgeous dress but now with a bodyguard who would die for her.

They approached the chamber door, prepared for anything.

The door opened, at first the two males - the one that stood guard and the other that did the whipping were concentrated on the tattered form of a girl before them. Her back was a horrid sight, flesh peeled back, exposing muscle and connective tissue. Her body trembled - convulsing with pain.

The guard with the wine-stained tabard paused for a moment, before his face curled up with disgusted anger. Aiming his sword right at the man with the whip he let out a chilling scream before he began to run at him.

“You die TONIGHT!” he yelled, going for his former master.

Koreena tried to raise her head to see the chaos that erupted behind her. She let out a mix between a cry for help and a strangled sob. “Pl - ease..” Her head lulled to the side the only thing holding her up were the shackles.

The other guard roared and started towards Selena's devotee. But her own eyes were on Kora. Rashiel had been left to try to keep their corridor clear, so it was just her and the guard. Her heart thumped heavily, but sucking in her breath she let go of the ruby within her pocket to run out of her cover from the door to Kora.

“Mmm-mistress!” her guard cried as he saw her, and he redoubled his efforts to fight against both guard and Prince Asaph.

She kept running, until she was by Kora. Taking the closest shackle in hand she tried to pull at it. “Key?” she asked desperately.

Kora’s gaze was not focus. She winced as she raised her head to look at her friend. “Belt… his…. belt..” She mumbled.

Selena grunted, turning and looking at the group of men. Her guard - hells, she hadn't even asked his name - was desperately struggling to keep his assailants back. Asaph had seen her and was trying to get around him, but the prince had hardly seen the point of a sword for his own palace. All he had was a dagger.

But so did Selena.

She was not a warrior, but she had not spent fifty years without learning to fight a little. Pulling her long slender blade from where it was hidden in her dress she started to run.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena’s heart swelled with hope when she saw the beautiful raven haired girl that was Selena. The fire in her back seemed to dull for a moment as she tried to struggle against the chains. They had rubbed her wrist raw but still she fought. “Don’t - touch her - you bastard!” She said breathlessly.

“That’s right struggle, the poison will kill you faster!” Asaph hissed as he advanced on Selena, dagger drawn.

Kora gasped as it felt like someone had injected acid into her veins. The breath hitched in her breast as she went blind with pain. Black vines spread across the skin that hadn’t been marred from the leech whip. Beads of sweat started to collect on her brow as she felt like her entire body was set ablaze.

“Out … Selena… get… out...go…” She groaned, warm tears slide down her cheeks.

Selena did not watch as her guard was able to concentrate his battle solely on one person now. He had a large cut to his upper arm, but then the other man had a slice on his skull. She, on the other hand … was less evenly matched. Asaph clearly had more warrior experience.

“I am a Princess of the underworld Rahl,” she hissed, “daughter to the King of Death, and you there have my friend. You have made an enemy of my father's kingdom tonight.”

She began to circle him.

Fear gripped Kora as she watched the petite woman get ready to lay down her life. Please don’t fail me now… She pleaded to the Mother Goddess. Even with the fire of the poison working its way through her veins she was not going to let her friend fight alone. She closed her eyes, her brows knit together, a mixture of pain and focus on her face. She called to water, the water that made of over half of the Collector’s body. She couched it, beckoned it to come to her.

The large man froze for a moment, he could feel something wrong within his own body. She tried to separate the cells, of his blood. She felt like she was on the cusp of almost passing out as she stopped in his stance. “Now - Selena…” She gasped almost losing the grip on the magic that kept the Prince in his place.

Selena breathed in sharply, then suddenly darted forwards, eyes bright and scarlet. Her knife went as swift as she did as she cried out, the prince staring at her with wide as he was stuck frozen. A smile came to her face as she darted forwards, blade flashing and she aimed right for his throat.

With the Prince’s body immobile Kora had to focus but unconsciousness was slowly starting to claim her. A few more moments.. She thought in a daze of confusion that seemed to be rolling in like an unwelcome fog. Her vision blurred but she knew she heard his throat open like a fountain once he started to make gurgling noises on his own blood.

In the corner of her eye KC saw her mother. The magic fleeting from her as she struggled against the chains. “Mom!” She called out, on the other side of the room she saw Charon. He closed the distance towards her mother. “Charon? What are you doing?” Her eyes no longer had an iris or a pupil. The were pure white, as if she were blind. Charon’s own blade plunged into her mother’s chest. “NO!” She cried out before passing out.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    “Kora!” she cried as Asaph slipped to the floor, drowning in his own blood. She didn't care about him anymore though - he was yesterday's villain. Right now she was concerned with Kora, and helping her.

The guards still fought, but now that Asaph was dead the other was losing his will to fight on. As Selena grabbed the key from the dying Prince’s belt her guard struck out and stabbed the other man in the chest. Darting back over to the slab she tried to hold Kora up as she reached for the shackles. But they were high, and the floor was becoming slippery in blood. She gritted her teeth and yelled out.

“You! I need … hold her!”

“Mistress!” he gasped as he turned and ran to her, the new order pumping purpose in his veins. He did not need the pressure of her fist around her heart, so determined was he in his quest. His clothing now stained in both blood and wine he aided her by sliding his arms gently around Kora’s body as Selena unlocked her restraints. Though he shook from various cuts he stood, eager to follow every order until his dying breath.

Selena looked once in his eyes and gestured, wanting to get out of there as soon as they could. “Come,” she said, “Rashiel will have kept the corridor clear. I need you to show us a quiet and quick way out of here.”

Just for effect she slipped her hand into her pocket and touched the ruby with a finger. He gasped and nodded, securing his hold around Kora.

“Mistress. Yes,” he mumbled as he awkwardly turned and began to shamble out. Carrying the unconcious girl he poked his head out of the corridor before going out completely. Selena stepped over Asaph, disregarding him entirely as they walked.

“Madam!” Rashiel came rushing up to them, “the party is … fine, but some are wondering where he went and then you. We-”

“Are getting out of here. And heading to father's. As in Charon's.”

Rashiel made a line with her lips, but nodded.

“This guard will get us there. He knows the palace. Right .. what is your name?” Selena looked to the guard.

“Peter, mistress,” the guard said as he started for a door.

“Peter will get us out safely,” Selena sounded fully confident. And Peter smiled. He managed to, with half a hand available, open the door and lead them down a back alley staircase. All while the people in the party still celebrated … and rumours spread.