Koreena slowly got from the examination table, redressing herself. She sighed as her back was tightly wrapped, the movements causing her only a little discomfort. Taking a moment she stood there, feeling exhausted but she knew she need to speak with the Lord of the court sooner than later.

“I need to speak with Lord Morningstar first, do you know where he is Selena?” Her voice was soft but even.

Selena paused, looking suddenly a little embarrassed as rose came to her cheeks. “He … he is not available,” she said with a small whisper. Her hands cupped before her awkwardly.

The demi succubi nodded slowly, if she was to pledge fealty to him she knew she needed to start showing him some respect. The first thing she needed to address is if and how long he wished for her to stay in his court. She sighed sorting things out in her mind for a moment.

“Would we be able to send someone to let his Lordship know that I would like to request an audience with him?” She tilted her head to the side, her fishtail braid swaying with her.

Selena glanced from the healer to Kora. McKay was trying to ignore them and not listen to their conversation, but his biting of his own lip betrayed him. She let out a small sigh, and gestured to herself.

“Yes, I as his … official bride could go, but it's really best to wait until he is done. They do not like to be disturbed.”

Koreena’s eyes grew wide for a moment slowly starting to understand bits and pieces of what the princess was saying. “Oh… well when he’s done then. I guess I should rest until than.” She pursed her plush lips awkwardly.

“Well, it's more a matter of when they are all satisfied,” Selena muttered quietly, looking at her hands surreptitiously. She looked distracted for a moment before, wonderfully, she smiled again and looked up. “Yes. You could rest. Excellent idea. I'll let you know when he is available. Shall I take you back to your room?”

Kora smiled at her friend, “you don’t need to babysit me dear, I know the way back. You should go attend to more important matters. I will be just fine.” She nodded assuringly.

For a moment the princess looked confused, but then she sighed and nodded. “Of course. Very well. I need to go up the corridor anyway so I'll go with you that far.”

KC nodded before she turned back to the healer that had been eavesdropping harmlessly, “two days..” She repeated softly before leaving his domain. They pair walked quietly down the hallway, Koreena comforted with the silence before the hallway split into two ways.

“If you want to go back to the city, or your home town, I can arrange for you to be sent there,” Selena offered as she pulled herself to a halt.

Shaking her head she gripped Selena’s hand for a moment, “I told you I would stay and I shall. I have business to work over with the big man anyway.” Her tone trying to sound light hearted.

Selena’s brow rose. “If you are sure. Just … do not do anything in haste. You are in a world that few mortals ever tread. And you will not change much, my dear. My birth father is … of particular necessity to Lord Morningstar.” Her eyes were steady on Kora's. “You will need to live with that.”

“I must unfortunately live with a lot of things but I understand.” She let her hand slip from the Princess’. She took a deep breath before bowing to the best of her ability. “Until next time my fair lady,” she grinned at the ironic reference.

Selena laughed lightly. “You're a female so it's a curtsey, but you are almost there. I will teach you later,” she herself gave a shallow curtsy before she turned to leave. “I will see you soon. Remember, don't try to free him on your own.”

“If I would have curtsied I don’t think I would have been able to get back up,” she teased her friend. She nodded watching her friend leave the opposite way.

Koreena turned on her heels, slowly making her way down the hallway to the room she was given. She hummed a gentle, melodic tune. Her range of vocal ability was vast as she went low, dancing back up high. The notes bouncing from the stone columns as she gradually made her way.

A few maids that she came across stopped for a moment taking in the stranger that walked their halls. She simply nodded but continued on her way to the room. The tune slipping from something cheerful to sadness and despair. She finally rounded the last corner the room she was given two doors down on the left.

Koreena pushed the door open to find a maid tidying up the semi spacious room. “Oh - uh hello..” she said softly almost causing the young girl to jump from her own skin.

“You don’t need to do that,” she said quickly feeling awkward.

“It’s my job miss,” the mousy little lass said.

“Thank you but I have got it, I came to rest anyway..” She bit down on her lip feeling bad for interrupting her.

“As you wish, Miss” the maid curtsied deeply before rushing past her and out the door.

Koreena sighed as she walked over to the bed, pushing back the blankets before climbing into the bed. She sighed gently laying down, trying to find a position that didn’t cause too much discomfort. She laid on her side pulling the covers up to her chin, nestling in. Sleep found her with ease as she closed her eyes letting her problems melt away.