Adventurer

EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena floated in a sea of blackness, a hot searing pain wrapped itself around her. Charon had plunged his dagger into her mother’s chest, he then dipped his head and kissed her lips. His usually thin, pink lips painted in the crimson blood of her mother. No, it’s not real, her mother had died a month before. She tried to muddle away the hallucinations that fogged her.

Visions flashed quickly around her, consuming her, suffocating her. She felt smothered as they crashed over her with such realistic qualities. Her brother stood before her in the room she had occupied, the Weeping Willow. The headhunter closed in on her, his silver dagger gleaming in the moonlight. “Kill the problem child!” Thayden’s voice rang out.

“No Thayden, please! I’m sorry!” She cried out into the night.

Her body struggled against the guard as she the visions over took her.

He gulped, his arms curling as tight as he could around her. “Mistress!” his voice rang out, “mistress, she's …”

“Just hold onto her,” came a steady growl as the world began to spin. There was pressure at Kora’s arm, a soft but firm grip. Then a feeling of them moving but not moving, as if shifting through an ocean of custard, but with their feet never leaving the ground.

“Stop, make it stop… the burning..” Koreena gasped her eyes flashing back to their normal dark gaze before going completely white again.

The vines of black started to slowly spread down her back, a few of the lashings had missed her lower portion. The small dimples in her back were bruised from where the whip had just licked the flesh.

“The burning will stop,” came the strong voice again. “I promise. Just hold on for me.”

KC gasped, her body was feeling something above feverish, her back stiff from the blood that was starting to dry, a few spots still trickled the crimson liquid. She tried to lift her head but it felt so heavy. Tendrils of her multicolored locks cling to sweat covered face. Her head lulled from side to side as exhaustion overcame her.

Seconds passed. Minutes. The world settled, and there were the few sounds of gasping, shuffling feet. Somewhere, a dog howled as new, firm arms began to embrace her, letting her head relax onto a new, more familiar chest.

“I cannot do anything,” said a firm, aged man. “We must take her to Morningstar.”

Koreena blinked a few times, her blurred vision took in the handsome features of her new lover, “Charon,” she croaked. A few new tears slipped down her cheeks, “I’m so tired - the burning..” Her eyes closed once more, her body still trembling from the pain and the fever that Asaph had taunted her about.

Althanian

EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    My hands neither shook nor made mistakes as I pulled the dying form of my lover fully from the bloodstained guard. I did not ask questions as to how Selena had ended up with this coffee-coloured skin man, robed in standard uniform armour. Her ways were her own, and since he had brought Kora to me safely in her condition, I saw no reason to hate him.

Cradling Kora’s head in the crook between my shoulder and my collarbone I once more glanced up to my stunned daughter.

“You heard what I said,” I barked, “we have to take her to Morningstar.”

“But he …” she mumbled, long awkwardly as her maid just caught up with us. Rachel or something similar was her name. She was the last to stumble up the stairs to my wide apartment door, from where the portal had materialised - and now closed.

“He is the best healer I know!” I insisted, my eyes livid and burning. “He is the only one who can help her. Now get me there! Now!”

“But why would he do anything for her?” she mumbled, but I saw her hands fumble at the pockets of her dress for where a quartz crystal which would lead to the demi-plane that was his court was. I did not have such an item, I never had. I was, after all, the rogue member of his council and court who refused to give him my oath of fealty, and thus was treated with a varying amount of distrust, uncertainty and curiosity from all there. That, and recently my magic had been exploding more and more powerfully in a sudden myriad of different ways that made me both a threat and an exciting project fit my megalomaniac brother.

I thought about question, and stared back. Morningstar had never had much love for Kora, especially when my other lover was a member of his staff.

“It's fine,” I said, determinedly, “I'll work out something for him. Just get us there ...”

Hectically, she nodded, reaching for me. Her hand touched my shoulder, the bedraggled guard and Rachel-not-Rachel touched hers. Selena’s other hand held onto the quartz as it began to glow, and she poured her will into it. Our world’s doors flew wide open, just like those to my apartment, but in all honesty I didn't care if there were any thieves today, just so long as-

We landed, in a flurry of limbs and mess, right in the centre of his courtroom. There he was, all chocolate hair and glowing eyes, lounging splendidly in his temporary dull throne (because I destroyed his other one). One courtier prostrated before him, but he was immediately forgotten as our party exploded into life in his world. Gasps and shocked voices arose.

Quickly he stood, eyes connecting right to the centre of the chaos. Me, half kneeling there and cradling a suffering Kora in my arms.

Selena stepped forwards. “We - I can explain. I received a letter and-”

“She's dying,” I interrupted her. My eyes focused right on those of my brother, as my breathing caught up with my racing heart. “I need your help.”

He didn't move, only blinked as he took us in. His lips pursed, his head tipped to the side. There was a second as an aide took a step forward, across the marble floor. “My lord-”

Morningstar shot up a hand, cutting him off. “You'll owe me a favour,” he murmured softly, “a substantial one.”

“Yes, I know and we'll discuss that,” I kept staring, still kneeling. I was prepared to give him anything - minus my entire freedom or fealty. “But can you help?”

He was quiet for a moment, then his lips flickered up into a smile. He shrugged as he began to walk towards us.

He spoke: “Yes.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena’s head swam with pain, not fiery like what had consumed her entire body but a dull aching pain. She groaned softly. Her head laid on a soft pillow, small memories of what had occurred swirled in her mind. She willed for her eyes to open but they didn’t seem ready to.

Pictures of her twin ordering her death, Charon stabbing her mother then kissing her lips assaulted her still weak self. Her tongue felt thick in her mouth as she tried to wet her lips.

“How are you feeling,” a feminine voice asked off in the distance.

“Like I was dead,” KC groaned as her eyes slowly peeled open.

Her vision started to clear as she blinked a few times, the room was dimly lit. It wasn’t a room at all though more of a luxurious type cell. The bed soft but firm as she tried to push herself into the sitting position. She hissed with pain, her back tender but nothing nearly as bad as it had been. She looked around for the person that had spoke to her. A petite woman sat across the room at a desk.

Smooth black hair was pulled back into a sharp bun, whilst deep hazel eyes gazed back at Kora. With an olive complexion the human woman looked healthily exotic, with a certain beauty. She wore a neat, simple working dress and her lips were curled up into an uneasy smile.

“You should probably move slowly,” she advised.

“I should probably be dead,” Kora mumbled as she looked around for any familiar faces. “I’m sorry I’m always bitter after waking up from being beaten the wee hours before.” She joked coldly, the uneasiness of her sore body making her mood extra sour.

“You almost were dead,” the woman said slowly, “but Lord Morningstar is highly skilled and powerful. He was gracious enough to grant you another chance at life.” She cupped her hands on her lap.

“Morningstar… shit..” She mumbled to herself mostly. “I’m Koreena or Kora, heck even KC to some.. I need to go see Lord Morningstar to thank him..” She glanced down at her hands. She knew she owed the arrogant ruler for saving her life, not that she was entirely happy about it.

“I know exactly who you are,” the woman said in a firm, slightly resentful tone. Then she took a pause, and coughed before she resumed a kinder one. “You can thank his lordship if you want, but definitely not now. You need to rest. He is benevolent enough to understand that.”

Koreena nodded for a moment. “Have you seen Selena or Charon? Are they okay?” Her tone laced with concern. “Also what is your name I never caught it..”

The woman smiled slightly, straightening her back. “The Lady Star is currently busy, I believe in her apartments. Charon is with his lordship currently, upstairs. They are both well. As for me.” She paused. “Well I think you know who I am, Kora, really. Especially when I say he was mine first.”

Koreena laughed gently, shaking her head in disbelief. “Regina,” she sighed her name, pushing herself to stand. Her knees wobbled under the weight of her body for a moment before straightening her spine. The tattered bits that were her clothing was replaced with one of Charon’s tunics.

“Well sadly you may have had him first but I believe that doesn’t matter to him now,” Her tone dipped low as he dark gaze narrowed at the human.

“You really shouldn't stand up,” Regina admonished as she watched Kora try to stand. “You need to rest. He'll be back, this is his room after all. And he cares for you.” She shrugged a little, but a smile played on her lips. She paused. “Oh do sit back down, I'll get Fallon to go find him if you are that anxious.” She waved her hand towards the open door, which revealed a dark stone corridor.

“I am capable of going to find our lover, myself.” She smiled sickly sweet as she took a few uncertain steps. The pain in her back causing her to hiss slightly.

Regina let out a quick breath as her eyes widened. She stood fast, a sweeping movement as she came to Kora’s side. Ducking under the demi-succubus’ arm she shook her head. “Stop. Now. You'll make all Lord Morningstar's work be for naught. And Char’s.”

KC’s eyes narrowed as the human that had tried to puff her chest out at her now was coming to her aid. “I am fine,” she said breathlessly. “I just need to make things right.” She growled, determination knitted in her brow.

“Oh stop being so stubborn,” Regina growled, trying to guide her back to the bed. “You've just woken up from being poisoned.”

“Hey human, you are the one that started acting like a child as if I stole your toy.” Koreena tried to shrug her away.

“Toy?!” Regina began to get hysterical as she tried harder to pull her back. “Is that what you think of him? Maybe he is better with just-”

And she fell silent. Because at that moment the being they were both lovers of came into the doorway.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    There I stood, awkward and frozen, my lips parted as I stared at the sight before me.

My two lovers, the two women I had feelings for, standing there for the first time meeting. Kora was up, and conscious - that was good at least - but she was trying to walk which her pale complexion and shaky legs really did not seem enthusiastic about. Regina was currently trying to pull her back to the bed it seemed.

I let out a slow, uneasy breath, wincing internally. At the same time my brother swept around the doorway, having been with me the entire journey. He paused as I did, setting a hand on my shoulder mainly out of habit.

“I don’t think of him as a toy you twit -“ Koreena fell silent as she realized why Regina had stopped arguing. She tried to offer me and Morningstar a smile but she looked entirely exhausted. Her tea color complexion pale and sickly looking, pain still clouded her dark gaze. “Charon,” she breathed my name.

“Kora,” I murmured, and I paused before looking at the woman who supported her. “Regina …”

It seemed that they had now met. Not something I had planned, but more than likely the being at my shoulder. Awkwardness filled the room as my eyes looked back to Kora. “You should sit down,” I said.

“Exactly what I said!” Regina cried.

Koreena rolled her eyes at me and that of my other lovers response. “I am fine… just sore,” she murmured. Her gaze fell to Morningstar, she chewed on her lower lip before sighing. “Thank you Lord Morningstar for gifting me with my life.” She turned to me, a sad look in her eyes, “Thank you for bringing me here..”

I smiled warmly, glad at least she was better. Regina's lips were pursed, her body still supporting Kora’s partially. We were talking, now, but still not moving. The pressure at my shoulder increased slightly, and I looked around, seeing my brother gently push me partly into the room so that he himself could be seen better. My room indeed was spacious, but with four of us potentially in it would not be.

“Your gratitude is accepted, young Koreena,” he said quietly, voice passive. “But you are not fully recovered. If you truly are grateful for my work then you should sit down … somewhere more comfortable can be arranged.”

Meaning not my cell. I kept my eyes flickering from one lover to the other.

Kora slowly nodded her head, her face twisted with discomfort by the movement. “If you don’t mind Lord Morningstar I would really like to bathe and then lay down…”

He paused a moment, his eyes running up and over her. His arms folded. “I have laws here. Those of no slavery, rape or murder should go unsaid, but whilst here you will respect every member of my staff. You will also not use your magic unless the need is essential to your survival. Yes?”

This time Kora didn’t argue she looked defeated, finally shrugging off Regina she stood there, if that’s what you called her hunched over position, standing. “I understand..” she said softly, her gaze falling to the floor.

Slightly, I smiled, knowing that in this Morningstar was being generous in allowing her to stay. My brother paused, then breathed in before he gestured. “Regina, show her to the guest rooms on the staff floor. Take care of her. The one with the ensuite … it should be available.”

Regina nodded quickly, before curtseying. She reached to support Kora again, offering an arm. “It's got stairs …” the Demi succubi looked up from the floor, her eyes meeting Morningstar’s dark gaze before looking at my other lover. “Then we should get going..” she murmured softly. She took a few steps, her plush lip sucked in as she bit down.

“Kora,” I said softly, seeing the pain that she was trying to hide. “Please let Regina help you.”

“That or Fallon will,” Morningstar grinned. At that moment a large orc leaned his way into view, having been there all the time. He gave a grunt and waved.

Koreena glanced at me before the large orc. “If you don’t mind I would like to keep what pride and dignity I have left.” She looked at Regina, “pleasure meeting you..” She mumbled before taking another painful step. “Lead the way Fallon…”

“No, my dear, Regina will show you,” Morningstar flustered a hand. “Or both if you insist.” He looked from one to the other. “Carry her if she looks as if she going to collapse. Even if she resists.”

Regina paused, looking slightly as though her feathers had been ruffled. But she inclined her head before heading out of the door. Fallon grunted, before giving Koreena a tuskful smile and gesturing with his fist down the long blustery corridor to the view of the stairs that began at the end of them. Quietly, I remained where I was, folding my arms and leaning against the desk.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena could feel her body wanting to give out. She had never felt so exhausted, the pain flared with each small movement she made. A few deep breaths and she slowly, almost crawling to the doorway. She stopped for a moment, pausing before turning her entire body towards Morningstar and Charon. “Thank you, gentlemen..” She murmured, a light sweat collecting on her brow, her breathing slightly labored.

Morningstar nodded once, stepping back and giving her a wider space which to pass. He gestured down the corridor. “Adhere to what we agreed and all payment from yourself is given.” Charon only smiled in response, kindly.

With a trembling her hand reach out to the large orc, her body threatening to shut down if she pushed any more. Fallon took most of her weight as she leaned heavily on him. Absentmindedly she let the human lead the way as her mind swam with other concerns. She tried to forcefully push them from her brain as she thought of anything else. Putting one foot in front of the other, her gaze bore into the back of Regina, not really seeing her but concentrating on how her simple work dressed swayed with the flick of her hips.

The stairs came sooner than the demi succubi had expected. Pain already gripped her tattered form and she knew the stiffness in her back would barely tolerate anymore. Regina easily ascended the stairs not giving a second glance back. KCs dull dark gaze looked up towards the large orc. She raised her leg trying to take a step up the stairs. A strangled sob parted her pale, plush lips. Fallon moved to help her as she held a hand up in protest.

“I - I can do it…” She said breathlessly.

Fallon blinked a little, before nodding and keeping his shoulder ready for support. He got ready to take the support, when there was a large thump of wood on stone down the corridor. It was couple by the grating of keys in locks, and the drawing of bolts. Fallon paused, before he concentrated on the stairs again.

Kora froze, her lower lip trembling as she was already certain that was Charon giving up his freedom for Morningstar saving her life. She took a step down anyway certain that she could bargain her own servitude trading it for his.

Morningstar was coming up the corridor, striding with purpose, eyes focused ahead. Fallon muttered in Kora’s ear. “It's where he stays, miss. When he's here. We should get you that bath.”

She glanced at the humanoid like creature that was practically kin with goblins. “I have to make this right - try to at least… What kind of person would I be if I didn’t..” She took a stumble - step towards the Lord Morningstar.

“May - may I speak with you for a moment, Lord Morningstar…” She sucked in her lower lip, nervously.

Morningstar raised his brows but finished the few paces before he pulled to a halt in front of her, passing by the various other empty cells. “You are supposed to be resting. Where is Regina? She should be leading you the way.” His brow furrowed as he opened his mouth to call for the maid.

Koreena reached out, touching his arm gently. “I promise, I will rest Lord Morningstar… Regina is leading the way, she is just up ahead of us.. May I speak with you, plead to you for your brother’s freedom. I will serve you, I will be a scullery maid if it pleases you as long as you free him.. I am not his burden to bare and I fear that I am more trouble than worth when it comes to him and yourself but I beseech you that you will take my exchange of my freedom for his own into consideration…” Her breast rose and fell as she sucked in air.

Fallon looked utterly shocked as she spoke, as much as a grumpy orc could. Morningstar though, listened with silence, watching her and her expressions. As she went on his lips noticeably curled into a smile, a single eyebrow rose and he looked entirely amused. When she finished he was silent, but observing her.

“Clearly you have feelings for my brother,” he replied. “Clearly. However, it does sound as if he has not explained the relationship between him and I fully. I will not go into it, but there are many factors involved. Him, there,” he pointed behind him, “is mainly precaution over anything. It is just whilst I have other matters to attend to.” He looked her up and down. “I have no doubt you would work hard for his … 'freedom,’ however, my brother is free. He is allowed to live his life, but also has a purpose in serving at my court, despite however much he does not want to. The use you could give me compared to what he gives … the matter is inconceivable. He,” he pointed again, “is there because of his refusal to give me his oath of fealty … and other matters. It has nothing to do with you.”

Koreena took in what he said, she understood what he was saying but still to her it felt as if Charon was behind lock and key because of the mess with Asaph. She took a moment to collect her thoughts before an idea came to her. “Because I care for not only Charon but his daughter Selena - what if I pledge my fealty to you? What if the next time the father that raised Selena beckons her home I go in her place? You have seen yourself that I can become her, I will study her mannerisms and if for any reason I get caught I take blame? Isn’t that what you both wish to keep her from his grasp? Take me and I will go instead.. I will be loyal in serving you where you need me if you at least unlock him from the cell..” She chewed on the inside of her cheek.

Morningstar studied her curiously, the smile that had been playing at his lips. His eyes physically brightened before he let out a small laugh, “the offer is an intriguing one. I will consider the idea of you going as Selena, that certainly is an intriguing one. But even if you did serve me, you would soon learn where Charon stands in all this … we will talk later. For now,” he pointed at the stairs. “Go. Rest. Agree to the terms I set out, and we will see if you can be trusted.”

Kora released the breath she hadn’t realize she had been holding as she slowly nodded. “Yes Lord Morningstar…” She dipped her head in a pitiful bow before turning to the large orc. “Fallon, if you could carry me the rest of the way….” She murmured gently taking a few steps, her knees almost buckling with the movement.

The orc guard nodded once, sweeping his arms. Easily he plucked her from the floor, swinging her up and over his shoulder. He barely touched her, and was respectful for every area that he did place a hand, only light and in no area that was wrong or taboo. With a nod to Morningstar he began to carry her up the stairs.

KC laid over his shoulder as the tightness in her back groaned, being stretched slightly. She bit down her lip as she breathed through her nose. The large orc taking to the stairs with ease as she cast one last look back at the Lord of the court hoping he would consider offer she had made.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Morningstar watched as the girl was carried away, his head tilted to the side. His lips were slightly pursed as he curiously watched her. Obviously, she was taken with his dear brother, to the extent where she would offer herself. Indeed, when he had played the game of manipulate to see how far she was willing to go, when he faked beating Charon up more, she had offered almost her entire existence. When he had said to Charon that he would accept it if his brother did not stay silent, it had been only a farce. A small amusement. A single task that he would have accepted, then he would have discarded her. Had her memory wiped, maybe ... But here she now was again, offering fealty. Once again ...

But did she actually want to serve him? The answer was no, it was all for Charon's benefit. And though the offer was pleasing to Morningstar, it would never have meant she was willing. His rule was simple - nobody was ever forced to give him their fealty. Otherwise he'd have been an emperor on the mortal plane long before. Instead, it was always their choice. Even with his siblings he had kept them for as long as he could, forging deals with them, keeping them close so they could see the glory of his court and his life, until they would admit his greatness and want to serve. It had been that way with Moros, the personification of doom, who was currently in a small town called Snowburgh for Morningstar's benefit.

Charon though … Charon was an entire category of his own. He had not been from the beginning, but it had come to pass that Morningstar now knew that the future of his kingdom was so entangled into that of keeping Charon close at hand. Charon was his, he was determined, and he would make all the deals to keep Charon willing to aid him. Pausing, he twisted back to see where he kept his brother, safe and secure, when he was not around to watch. Should he tell him what the Kora girl had offered?

The prince deliberated for a moment. Nothing was set in stone, and the likeliest thing for Charon to do was to offer his own self and his own freedoms so that Kora would not be put in danger. They would react off each other until both were simple, permanent prisoners here and then where would Morningstar be?

Rolling his eyes at their ridiculousness he twisted back, and began to stride. Luckily, the guard Fallon had already cleared much of the stairs with Kora, and it allowed Morningstar an uninterrupted climb for most of the stairs. He met them as they came to the corridor that led to the staff and offices, and offered one sweeping gaze before continuing his ascent up the stairs. Taking them two at a time he gained to the top, then strode directly into the vast room of few chairs and many books Charon liked so much. But Morningstar barely glanced at them; he already had a direction, and had had one from the moment he and Charon had left the brief small council session to speak of what had happened in Fallien.

Going directly opposite, ignoring the obvious door that led to his throne room, Morningstar came to a seeming shelf of books. Instead of reaching for a book, however, he reached for a small lever set underneath a shelf and pulled that. A hidden door swung open, and he smiled, the familiarity of that trick coming back to him. A cream-coloured corridor, with panelling and a wooden floor lay before him. Faint, but mellow music came from down it.

He grinned, and stepped in, closing the door behind him. It merged with the shelf once more, seemingly nothing, never having been there.

But he - he moved down the corridor, and immediately began to shrug off his outer robe. The jangling of the keys to Charon's cell could be heard, and he removed these to shove them into a pouch around his neck. The music grew louder, and the recognisable sounds of strings could be identified. Proudly, he puffed out his chest as he strode faster. Sounds of warm female laughter began to be heard, as well as the splashing of water.

They grew louder, and his strides got lengthier. The laughter intensified, clearly all female, and the plucking of strings increased to a melody. Steadily, he worked on his cravat, as he spied thin steam.

He twisted around the corridor, coming fully into view of the room now. Six gorgeous women, most of them in the nude. They were relaxing and strutting around a warm steam bath, whilst a group of more female musicians played harps in a corner. Plush towels, a myriad of plants, other doors spread from this sauna, making it seem like a lost jungle paradise in the midst of his fine white court.

One spotted him, and gasped, her lips parting to reveal a pleased smile. Running over she slid her fingers into his. More then saw him, and they hurried over, beginning to remove his clothes, and he, quite willingly, let them.

“Beloved Morningstar,” the first one said, warmly, “we have been waiting for you all day.”

“Indeed, my lord,” another purred as she worked on the buttons of his shirt. “All day. We have been bored.”

Satisfaction flooded through the primordial, and he stood still as his six, entirely willing, members of his harem removed his clothing from his body. Each one of them, over time, had come to him, begging for him to take them as his lover. It was the way, they had said, they wanted to serve. And over that time his harem had grown. If anyone ever said that Morningstar the Great lacked for pleasures of the flesh, they were entirely wrong.

“Ah, well I can only apologise,” he purred to her in response. “But I am here now.”

“Yes you are,” a third one said, at his ear. Then she began to kiss at his neck.

Morningstar smiled broadly. At least this part of his life was as he wanted.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Fallon had made the trip with ease as the rounded many corners. Having caught up with Regina shortly after they had gotten off the stairs. Koreena knew what she had offered up in exchanged for Charon’s freedom would not only upset him but Selena, maybe Morningstar wouldn’t tell them? Maybe it could be hers and the Lord’s own personal secret.

Regina pushed open a door that was at the end of a long hallway, tucked away from the centre of the court. The room simple, nothing luxurious but then again Kora didn’t need fine things. Slowly the large orc set her on her own two feet. His hand stayed securely around her waist to assure that she was steady enough. “Thank you Fallon for your help, I appreciate it.”

The large orc bowed his head for a moment, “you are most welcome, miss.” He gave her a smile filled with his two large tusks.

She watched as Fallon left, slowly turning to Regina, she stood there for a moment. KC pursed her lips as she wasn’t sure why the human maid was still standing there. “Thanks for your - help... “ The demi succubus mumbled.

Regina paused, looking to Fallon for a moment, who was pausing in the doorway, before she sighed, folding her arms over her chest. “Fallon, you should go back to your duties. I can take it from here.” She looked to Kora. “How do you like your bath? Warm? Hot? Bubbles? Rose petals?!”

KC flinched at her almost hostile demeanor, she shook her head. “Please, you don’t need to help me.. I rather not do this right now with you.. I am exhausted and I don’t wish to do whatever this is..” She slowly pushed her hand between the two females.

“Lord Morningstar said to take care of you. It's my job here. Running baths, doing the laundry, working in the kitchen. You can't exactly stand, let alone prepare a bath for yourself. I'll … find you clothing too,” she paused before unfolding her arms and strode over to a cabinet. “What do you wear? What size are you?”

Koreena walked over to the mirror that hung in the bathing room that was adjoined to the bedroom. She discarded Regina as she slowly let her hands lift Charon’s tunic off of her. She grimaced at the stiffness of her back. Her heart beat against her breast bone as she was almost scared to see what her back look like. She breathed in and out as she allowed her eyes to look at her back.

A strangled sob came from her now quivering lips. Large gnarled scabs were on her back, the once open wounds were now closed. The sight almost too gruesome to look at as she raised a trembling hand to her lips. Fresh tears sprung to life as the once beautiful soft skin was now marred. KC was certain at least a few would leave scars, the skin around the scabbing was discolored, blue, black and purple. Should she have just went with the collector? He would have surely raped her more than once, pimped her out to his other royal friends and than killed her once he was finished. He had forever left his mark on her.

“Oh Mother Goddess…” She breathed out.

“Holy sanctimonious serpents!” gasped a voice from behind her. Regina was there, with a fresh, plain cotton dress draped over an arm.

Kora glanced at the look on the maid’s face. “Who knew poisonous leech whips were a thing.” She tried to joked through tears, clearing her throat.

“Okay, okay,” Regina said quickly, placing the dress quickly over a towel rail. “We uh, we need to bathe you and then I'll - I'll get the healer. She'll be able to dress them. If the pain gets worse, then let me know and Lord Morningstar can always heal it a little more, although he's always been a fan of letting the body do as much work on its own as it can …” she began to fluster, running over to the huge bathtub against the wall. Grabbing a tap she turned it and there was a splutter before steamy water began to run.

“Thank you Regina,” she said sincerely. KC had always been comfortable in her own skin but right now she didn’t feel like herself. Walking over to the tub that was quickly filling with hot water. She slipped one foot in the tub hissing slightly before letting her entire body submerge into the water. The water wrapped around her back, defying gravity it ran up her back washing the wounds. Her hands gripped the edge of the tub as she gasped with pain.

“Be careful!” Regina hissed, catching her under an arm gently. Quickly, she turned off the tap, and moved fully around to support her. There was an anxious look on her face. “Honestly, you're just as stubborn as barbarian. No wonder you two are so matched!”

Kora laughed dryly as she patted Regina’s hand that supported her. “Calm yourself or you will get wrinkles,” she said almost threw clenched teeth. The pain started to ease as the water worked it magic. Even her raw wrist stopped stinging as she let the water rinse her wounds thoroughly.

Regina aided her as much as she could, grabbing a face cloth and beginning to, gently but firmly, bathe the wounds at Kora’s back. “The man who did this to you?” she asked, “where is he now?”

Koreena grinned and bared it as she washed her tattered form thoroughly. “I manipulated the water in his blood to freeze him where he was and Selena slashed his throat,” she grasped as she worked her way down her back.

“Good,” Regina said in a strong voice, as she continued her cleaning.

After the bathing was over Koreena slowly stood, the pain in her back had not subdued completely but it had eased slightly. She accepted the towel Regina had offered her before she walked towards the bed. Now that her body was relaxed the exhaustion completely was consuming her. Pulling back the duvet she climbed in towel and all. With the warm blankets nestled around her she closed her eyes. Unconsciousness overcoming her. “I really do care for him and Selena,” she mumbled before falling into the deep abyss of sleep.

There was a quiet whisper for a reply. “I know. I care for him too.”

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    I sat on my bed, leaning back against the headboard, a book on my lap. Slowly I breathed, reading the words one by one, locked in here for now, powerless because of the binding enchantments on the locks and the room. Morningstar had been adding more as time went on, eager to keep up with the incredible amount to which my own power was increasing. A worry and a curiosity - I had to admit I understood his concern with me gaining out of control. Though I had more faith in myself than he did, me being in here was not new, nor was it likely to get old. At least I was not uncomfortable.

“Barbarian,” she cooed.

I looked up, and saw Regina in the window, smiling at me. She held up her hand, and I saw the keys in them. Slightly, I smiled.

“I'm coming in,” she said, “sit tight.”

“As always,” I said, folding the book closed.

I waited as she unlocked the door, and the enchantments filtered off one by one. I felt their effect immediately on me, as a vague easiness came over. But they would be brief. Still I sat as she walked in, then handed the keys back to a loitering Fallon. As Regina smiled slightly at me and came to sit at the end of the bed the orc closed the door. Then, as fast as his practised fingers could, he placed on the three locks and each layer of pressure returned.

She paused, before she began. “She's fine. She's resting, and healer McKay is going to look at her once she wakes up.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Regina,” I said quietly. “I know it could not have been easy for you.”

Taking a moment she pursed her lips, blinking at me with those deep olive eyes. Slowly she breathed. “Barbarian … you said you wanted to continue what we have. So long as Kora is willing, I will hold still a piece of your heart, and allow her a share.”

After our long conversation of before, it was all I wanted. Smiling, I leant forwards and touched her hand. “If you are willing.”

“So long as you keep to your word and get neither of us pregnant, I do not see any issue. Of course she is not the sort of person I would usually be friends with-”

“Well, I'm not the ideal lover, am I?”

She laughed a little, “yes, hence you being here, dear rogue. But I will commit to not thinking truly ill of her, and try to be civil towards her. For yours and Kora’s sake.”

Despite her first few words I felt a satisfaction come into me. I truly did have feelings for both Regina and Kora. Polyamory, untraditional, undecided, call it what you will, but I had been raised in a world where affairs were rife. My own brother had six women in his harem whom he claimed to adore all equally. And they were willing to share him - the being they both slept with and worshipped. My fingers slowly linked with Regina and a soft sigh came from her lips as she let me. Gently she moved closer, picking up my hand and draping it across her shoulders.

“I'll always be the first, though,” she kissed my cheek.

“First in only that you met me before she did,” I said, my brow raised.

“Mmm, and first in being right at where your loyalties really should lie.” She leaned into me, a sigh coming from your lips. “If only you did want to serve him.”

“And there, dear Regina, we will always be at an impasse,” I leant back against the wall, taking her with me. She snuggled into my side, which was the most she was going to get. She seemed to understand that I could not have sex whilst Kora was so battered.

“Now,” I said, “tell me what I've missed since I was here last.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena slowly stirred, she wasn’t sure how much time had fast. Even though having just slept she still felt as if she could roll back over and sleep more. Her entire body was still but the pain mostly bearable. Gently she rubbed her eyes, attempting to chase the sleepiness away.

Dizzly she pushed herself to sit up. She let out a hiss of pain as the scabs on her back most have set, hardening even more after her bath. She yelped slightly when the raven haired beauty sat next to her bed. “Selena,” she sighed almost relaxing her very tense body.

Selena smiled gorgeously, closing the book she had been reading and placing it to the side. “Hello, Kora,” she said with a warm tone. “How are you feeling?”

KC grinned at her friend, tiredly, “like I was poisoned,” she joked lightly.

She yawned into the back of her hand, she took in the sight of the girl beside her. Admiring her long dark locks, the way her horns curved at her temples. She was indeed a rare beauty. “How long have I been asleep? I feel like I could sleep for a week straight..” She stifled a yawn again.

“A few hours,” Selena said lightly, casually. “I've been here maybe one.”

Kora slowly nodded, with a timid hand she touched her back, her cool hand soothing the marred flesh. She pushed the duvet back and dangled her feet over the side of the bed. Her head spun slightly as she waited a moment to get her bearings.

When confident enough she wouldn’t up heave or pass out she stood. The fluffy white towel wrapped around her body. Her legs still uncertain if they wanted to hold her up wobbled some. She sighed feeling still a little weak but pressed on into the bathing room. She glanced at the simple, plain cotton dress Regina had brought her.

Carefully she slipped the dress over her head, wincing slightly at the pain that flared up in her back. The dress fit like it was personally made for her. The neck line almost mimicked a sweetheart. The back barely letting her wounds show only few scabs and bruises peaked out. Swiftly she braided her dark and light streaked locks into a fishtail braid before coming back out of the bathroom. She almost looked as if she belonged at the court.

Selena came to stand in the doorway, appearing in the mirror behind her. A soft smile was on the princess’ face. “You look fine. You could belong here.”

Koreena smiled sadly, her hand touching her damp hair before she turned to face the raven haired princess. “Thank you, Lady Star.” She gave her best curtsy under the circumstances. “So what’s next, I have rested and slowly starting to heal; not fast enough but still..”

“I can have master healer McKay come see you,” she said kindly. “That might be worth it. To bind your wounds at least. Then … we will see what you want to do.” She paused. “If you wanted to, you could adapt to being here. Part of our world. As a lover of my father you'd have high status.” She said the last with a murmur.

The demi succubi smiled at her kind words. Nodding she wouldn’t mind if someone bound her wounds so they wouldn’t hurt as much when she moved around, gently she grasped the princess’ hand giving it a squeeze. “I wouldn’t just stay for him Selena, though I’m starting to fall down the rabbit hole that is Charon, I would also stay because I care for you as well.” She smiled at her, one that lit up her tired face.

Selena smiled back, squeezing the hand as tight. “He cares for you also. You just have to understand that he cares for Regina also.” She paused. “And you have to understand what he is here. Why he is kept the way he is,” she murmured, looking away slightly.

Koreena smile sadden the light in her eyes dimming, slowly she nodded. “I understand he cares for her but if I continue to feel the way I do I will back off, I don’t think I could share a man I potentially love.” She cleared her throat as a lump started to form. “Any way,” she pushed the subject aside. “Let’s go find the healer so we can patch these up..” Letting her hand slipped from the fair raven hair beauty.

Slowly Selena breathed in. “That … definitely sounds like something you need to speak with him about, dear.” She was still, poised, perfect.

“Maybe at a later time, right now we have other things to worry about.” She walked towards the door. “Shall we?”

Selena paused. “Master McKay will come to you,” she said quietly. “I will go get him if you are ready?”

“I think I would like to walk, help me clear my mind. I am not glass I won’t break.” She teased, sighing softly. Or will I? She thought to herself.

The lady stood there for a moment before she straightened. Then, she nodded, coming over to Kora and offering an arm. “Very well, but allow my support.”

“I’ll always accept your support, my dear.” She took the princess’ arm, someone that was now and forever would be her friend. Both of them walked arm and arm, slowly out the door.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Healer McKay was a fine, kindly man with spectacles on the end of his thin nose. Greying hair and light blue eyes matched the paint of his small, but pleasing office. He smiled as Selena and Kora walked in, looking up from his desk covered in medical books.

“My Lady!” he stood, looking up with bright eyes. “It is an honour.”

Selena looked briefly at the plants, at the examination table at one side of the room, at the bright lantern gifting light. “Healer McKay, meet Koreena … I do not know your surname.”

“Koreena Cronen of Falleni,” she smiled kindly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Healer McKay.” She offered him the hand that wasn’t linked with with Princess.

“Ah,” the healer took her hand and bowed as he did. “The famous dancer of Falleni. The court is running with rumours of your exploits.” His thin lips curled into a smile, his eyes flickered to Selena and then back to Kora. “Pleasure to meet you … how can I be if assistance?”

KC pursed her lips before slipping her arm from Selena’s before she turned her back to the healer. She pulled the back of her dress down to expose some of her back, showing the freshly closed lashing marks. “I need your help to bind these.. it hurts when I move..”

Immediately the healer began to nod, pushing his glasses higher onto his nose. His hand ran down her back, but a centimetres from her skin. Selena stepped back to allow him access. “I see, I see. I presume his great lordship assisted in the original healing process?”

“Yes sir, he removed the poison from my body and closed the wounds the leech whip had inflicted on me..” She murmured softly.

The healer pursed his lips thoughtfully, then straightened. He gestured at the examination table. “Sit up there for me, will you please. Lady Selena if you could please close the door.” Selena smiled before she went to do as the healer bid. McKay then kept missing to himself as he moved across the room to a cabinet.

Koreena had an uneasy look in her dark gaze but did as the healer said. She winced slightly as she pushed herself up onto the examination table. The healer hurried over again, lips curled into a smile as he brought over bandages, two potion bottles and some fresh cloths. He frowned when he saw her expression.

“Are you … okay miss?”

“I’m fine, the pain just comes and goes when I move a certain way, straining the scabs..” She took a deep breath uncertain if either of them could hear how fast her heart was beating.

His face formed an expression of concern and concentration. He gestured at her dress. “If you will, please … remove what you can and I will dress them. Have you taken anything for the pain?”

Kora tried to be discreet as possible as she slipped the dress up, revealing that the lashes when from above her shoulders to just below the small of her back. What wasn’t covered with scabs was bruised, heavily. “No.. I don’t need to, I just wished to have them wrapped…. Please.”

He paused, then held out a bottle to her. “Take a small sip, please.” His eyes were full of sincerity.

She chewed on her lower lip, uncertainty causing fear to tighten her chest. “Wha -“ She looked to Selena, if she trusted the healer then Kora could let down her walls and try to as well. She accepted the bottle from him and took a small sip.

Selena smiled, and healer McKay did also, straightening as he took up a cloth and the second bottle. The first he set to the side. He poured a little of the second potion onto the cloth, then gestured to her wounds. “I'm going to clean these. It might sting. After that, I will bandage it.”

The demi succubi nodded slowly as her hands gripped the side of the examination table, bracing herself for the treatment she was about to endure.

He began gentle. Soft and smooth he began to delicately pat the wounds. He started at her shoulder, lightly touching. Kora’s lips parted in a small gasp. Selena kept back, silent and still. McKay moved, calm but fast, cleaning them as swift as he could, eyes intent. Her eyes shut tightly as she breathed through the pain. Her knuckles white as she gripped the table.

“I will be as fast as I can,” he said in a low voice, patting even faster. Eyes narrowed as he continued to clean.

“I’m fine - it’s fine,” she breathed.

He raised his brow, but didn't say anything. In this spirit he continued, hands moving with practised ease. When he was done he went on to grab the bandages and bind her wounds with the cleanliness within. He hardly touched her but he did his craft with skill.

“You will need to come to me in two days,” he grunted.

“Two days… I haven’t spoke to Lord Morningstar about staying here that long..” She chewed on the inside of her cheek for a moment before she simply nodded. “I’ll try to come back in two days, Healer McKay, thank you..”

The healer stepped back and as he did Selena came back. Warmly, she smiled. “Thank you, master McKay.”

The healer nodded and began to tidy. Selena turned to Kora. “Shall we get you back to the bedroom?”