Race
    Demihuman

Erik Von Dragon

Name: Erik Von Dragon
    Race: Demihuman
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height: 6ft - 1.83 Metres
    Weight: 160kg - 352.74 pounds (Denser muscles and heavier bone structure than a normal humans)
    Occupation (Optional): Librarian

Appearance: Erik is a demi human, meaning he has the regular appearance of a human but with distinct traits of his ancestors, that being of dragons. He has thin layer of pale skin that hugs his apparent muscles, major blood vessels are below and between muscle rather than above and protected by fat, this makes it impossible to spot a vein or artery on his body with the naked eye. Black shaggy hair coats his head with blue eyes piercing through his fringe. Erik has a line of dragon scales which trails from his neck down to his tail bone which contributes to the protection of his spine. He is typically seen wearing simple commoners clothes that fit loosely and wont impede his movement or be damaged by his own movement.

History: Erik Von Dragon is a demi human that was left to be raised alone in Corone as a test of will by his father. His father is of dragon lineage and a general in the draconian army. Erik had only met his father twice, once on his 10th birthday, and once on his 20th.

During their first encounter his father simply visited him to see if he was still alive and how he managed to do so, and the second to see if he was strong or gifted with power. On both encounters he was met with disappointment from his father due to the nature of his upbringing. He had survived, but that was only because he had been taken in by an old librarian and coddled. Erik Von Dragon was the name given to him by the librarian, due to the nature of how he had discovered him.

As he aged he spent most of his time reading and learning about the world around him, becoming more of a scholar than a warrior. However being a scholar had introduced him to his other lineage, that of his mother. His mother was a powerful sorceress that was consumed with obtaining power, Erik was not the first or the last to be conceived by her, the reason why is unknown to him. Learning about magic from old books had piqued his interest and he discovered that he had a natural affinity for it and so he had began to hone this ability until his 20th.

On his 20th birthday when his father returned to see him he was surprised to find that he had taken no interest in honing his natural draconic abilities and rather pursued magic from his mother's side. In an attempt to gain his interest in his draconic bloodline his father gave him a dragon egg that was due to hatch at any moment. This was more of a test to see if he would accept or reject that side of him. Of course he was not allowed to have any of his questions answered or be acknowledged in any capacity during the interaction. Before being left by his father on that occasion he was given a warning; "You may disappoint me, 'Dragon', but do not disappoint your mother." Erik had not much clue how to respond to a statement like that, as this had been the first time his mother was mentioned.

Sometime during that year the egg had hatched and Erik was now responsible for the upbringing of a tiny welp. Unsure how how to care for a dragon in a library or exactly how he shouldn't be disappointing someone he didn't know the expectations of. Having exhausted the knowledge offered by the library he set out on an adventure to discover exactly what he was and who his parents really were, but most importantly for him, what is his purpose. Taking inspiration from the warning, Erik decided to use 'Dragon' as his adventuring alias.

Personality (Optional): Neutral Good. Moral compass is determined by his experiences of basic human goodness, using his caretaker as a guide and the experiences had based on his interactions with other people. When dealing with other races he is more on the side of true neutral, making his own wellbeing the top priority. When dealing with draconians he is more on guard and reserved. Having being sheltered most of his life he doesn't have too much of a personality and will be shaped his environments to come.

Skills

Language -Without realising it, Erik is able to communicate in draconian as if it were common.
    Scholar - Having read countless books at the library of his upbringing, Erik is able to recall lore and information in the public domain from those books. E.g facts about the history of the development of cheese graters. Of course this does not mean he has a photographic memory and is able to incorporate intricate theories into practice such as engineering a boat.

Abilities

Magical Ability

Conjuration - LvL= Petty: Erik can summon petty objects such as cutlery, blankets, candles, etc. He cannot conjure something he hasn’t seen or know the way it is physically made. He can summon up to 4 objects per day for a duration of 8 hours and these objects will be considered magical, while maintaining its expected durability. If these objects are damaged they will dissipate. He cannot conjure something with a durability higher than steel. (This is not a combat ability - No usable weapons can be made. The reason for the items being magical are so that they can be detected as such and be dispelled by other people)

Draconic Abilities
    Demi-Dragon biology: Erik possess denser bone and muscle than the average human, making him twice as durable and thrice as strong. The scales on his spine however are 3 times as durable. His major blood vessels are also located beneath his muscle, meaning he will only bleed if cut deeper than his muscle. Being part lizard, this also makes Erik cold blooded, meaning he is twice as susceptible to the cold.

Equipment: Assortment of books, writing utensils, magnifying glass, spare paper, diary of personal events.

Familiars (Optional): A baby black dragon small enough to rest on his shoulders.
    Last edited by Dragon; 09-29-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hello, and welcome to Althanas!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the wait in getting to you - normally we aim to turn character approvals around within 24 hours.

So, without further ado, let's get down to business. There are a few questions / points I have about your abilities:

Demi-human biology

His muscle density and bone density are much greater than that of an ordinary human. The increased strength of muscle is offset by the impediment of speed from his weight, meaning he is still as fast as a normal human. Thus the only thing that is increased above that of a normal human is the strength of his physical ability and his natural durability.
    I understand what you are saying here, but please can you let me know how much stronger than a regular human he is? 2x? 3x? 4x? Also, does that count for both his strength and his durability?

His natural durability without wearing any armour is equal to that of a full set of iron armour with the exception that his bones are twice as strong as steel, as the average human's bones are already tougher than steel.
    This particular sentence is a little confusing, and I was hoping that you could clear it up for me.

You say that the average human bone is tougher than steel, and that Erik's bones are twice as strong as that, but his durability without armour is equal to a full set of iron armour. There are a number of issues with this statement; firstly, human bone here is the strength of bone and certainly not as tough as steel. Secondly, if Erik's bones are twice as strong as steel, his durability can logically only really be twice as strong as steel, as iron is weaker than steel.

Please can you let me know if I have misunderstood anything there?

His strength is that of the worlds strongest man, being able to lift 2,850kg with great effort (This was achieved via back lift), the force of his attacks however are only a quarter of that lifting strength
    That's some serious weight. The average man can lift approximately 45kg over his head, and what you describe would place his lifting power at 63 times that. I'll allow some leeway for lifting, but even a quarter of that strength would put you at 15x the strength of a normal human, and being hit with 15x the force of a normal human could be a problem when considering the overall "power level" of your abilities.

Conjuration Magic

I don't have any issues with the ability itself but I would need limitations at this level as to what he could conjure, how often he could do it and if there were any added effects. The ability is too broad and vague in scope for me to be able to approve it as it is, unfortunately.

Conjure petty object

Not really got much in the way of an issue with this but just need to know what strength material is the maximum for the objects he creates.

Familiars

I have no problem with tiny dragon, but if it is going to be used in battle I would need to know what it can do, if anything. If not, no problem.

I appreciate that's a lot to go through, for which I apologise, but I would be grateful if you can let me know about the above so we can work on getting you approved.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hi Erik. Thanks for going over the profile and making edits.

I'm happy to say you're approved and can now go forth and unleash hell on the forum!