Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lonalimiliel "Lona" Dim
    Race
    Homunculi

View Profile

Loyalty

This is just the beginning, my master. I shall please you, yes, I shall please you.

You will learn once and for all that I am your most loyal servant. Your slave! Call me your slave! For what am I but your creation, my lord. My guardian, you have tasked me with an important and legendary mission. To learn, to absorb the nature of this world which has fallen under ash and soot. Yes, yes I shall complete your mission with upmost urgency. I will return to you, grant you the knowledge I have collected, and take my place as your loyal slave.

I kiss your feet, creator! I abide to your every whim, father! Hit me! Shock me with those fuses again so I can bask in your attention! I love you! Go on! Electrocute my skin and make me feel pain! I do it for you, my sweet scientist!

I will do everything in my power to appease you, my lovely owner.

Yes! Yes! Yes, he holder of my existence! Yes! Yes! Ha! I bask in your errand!

I will prove my loyalty.
    She just... goEs a lITtLe mAd soMetIMeS... w£ @LL ¢et a |iTT¡E ma-a-a-a-aD s®-®Met¦Mes...

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lonalimiliel "Lona" Dim
    Race
    Homunculi

View Profile
    Loyalty.

Solo.
    She just... goEs a lITtLe mAd soMetIMeS... w£ @LL ¢et a |iTT¡E ma-a-a-a-aD s®-®Met¦Mes...

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lonalimiliel "Lona" Dim
    Race
    Homunculi

View Profile
    *Scrape!*

With my knife, I etched another mark into the wall. I eyed the wall, the numbers scratched on it, and grew in impatience. It had been two weeks since the ship set out from the harbor. How long must I wait to get to Corone? My mission! I have a mission! How long?

The wall cruelly taunted me. The wooden beams, scratched from my knife, grew longer and longer. Should this ship go any slower, it would take a century to get to my first target!

I shook my head. This would not stand? I would march straight to the bridge to hand the captain a personal complaint. Did he not know my master was waiting?

Oh, master, do not be disappointed in me. My master. I shall complete your task.

I stood up. My dark dress did little to protect from the cold. Dumb ash clouds could make June feel like January. I sighed, smoothing out the pathetic garment. Grasping the lantern which lit my tiny room, I opened the door.

The door cracked open with an ached creak. The hallway under deck was long, flooded with supplies and cargo of trade. Yet, of all the possessions here, I was the most valuable. I carried a mission upon my shoulders. Yes, the mission to top all missions! I was the vessel of my master, carrying his desires like a beast of burden. He wished for me to collect information. I would give my life to do so.

I walked through the hall, towards the steps that led up to the deck. The floorboards moaned as I lightly stepped up. The steps held my weight well as I opened the iron hinge of the door. I opened it, immediately feeling the cool, Salty spray of sea water.

The light! It blinded me for a moment! Ha! How splendid! I now knew the pain of blinding sun in the eyes. Yay!

The stepped onto the deck, leather shoes pounding, as I adjusted to the light. We were in a rare break of the ash clouds which coated the sky in an early winter. The rays of sunlight were a welcome change. For the first time in, well, ever, I felt warm. I felt a smile creep along my face. It felt so good! Yes, I took great joy in the sun's return from hiding.

The crew worked hardily at manning the sails and swabbing the deck. I offered a salute as I jogged up the deck, towards the steps that led to the bridge. The man at the wheel paid no attention to me as I smoothed my dress one more time, then stepped in.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lonalimiliel "Lona" Dim
    Race
    Homunculi

View Profile
    The bridge had a table with sailers materials spread all across it, as well as a map. The blue cloth of the table was rather bright. How beautiful! Light blue was quickly becoming my fourth favorite color.

The sunlight burst into the cabin from the various windows. It cast bright rays on the floor which were rather toasty. Was this why cats enjoyed basking in the sun?

I laid down. Sprawling out, I closed my eyes as I soaked up the rays of sun. It... was incredible.

"How may I help you, miss?"

My eyes flashed open. Sitting up, I saw the captain where he always was: by the main window using some sort of direction telling tool.

I sat criss cross applesauce as pushed my blond hair out of my face. "Captain. Yes, how long until we reach our destination?"

He sighed, "Dim, this is the third time this week..."

"I've been here before?"

"I shall tell you the same as last time. It will only take a week to reach our destination."

"A week!?" A stood straight up. My mind swirled as I threw my arm, "I need to be there faster!"

The elderly high elf picked up a scope and looked out it, daring to ignore me. "Since Lornius exploded, it has been harder to navigate."

"Excuses!" I started pacing, rubbing my chin as I desperately tried to reason. "I - I need to complete my mission. I need to collect intel. Do you not know this?"

"Of course I do, ma'am."

"Do you not understand that my master is within the royalty of the Spires, an asset to Alerar's progress?"

"Don't remind me that I don't live in the Spires..."

"And do you-" I stopped, turning to his direction as my dress whirled, "-What he does to those who go against his desires?"

A chuckle escaped me. Memories. Oh, the memories! My voice lowered, my vocal chords quivered. Yes. Memories. "I know." I croaked, "I know, because I received such punishments."

Humor caused me to laugh. Sad humor. "How could I defy him? My creator?" I started walking towards the captain. "He gifted me life and once I defied him. I deserved every cut."

Closer to him, I shook. "Do you wish to be cut? Burnt? Electrified? Do you wish to defy him? To be punished?"

A loud laugh escaped me. I knew the answer. This man was weak and fleshly, of course he did not! "If not, get me there faster!" I barked the last remark before turning and stalking towards the door.