EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[Open to ALL] Dreams of Ettermire...

(This is a social thread that takes place in Ettermire AFTER the FQ events. Stuff MIGHT go down mid-way through the thread. But for now I want as many people as possible to join. For this I am observing a loose turn order. So whoever posts posts. All newcomers to the site welcome!)

The Cataclysm.

That's what they called it. A few years after trickles of information started arriving about what happened. The bastard Gods have abandoned us.

Lornius...an island off the coast of Corone turned out to be a volcano and exploded with fiery wrath in what should have been the end of all things.

But life moves on.

Survivors of The Cataclysm were just trying to pick up the pieces. Ashfall fell for many years after the eruption but finally stopped. The world was devastated and the strong were destined to survive.

I was one of the strong.

An exiled Demon from the Tular Plains...I currently operated in Ettermire.

The reason I came back home was to take something that didn't belong to a certain someone.

My life.

That night....I sat in a tavern of Ettermire listening to the denizens stories of despair and woe-is-me bullshit. Parts of me wanted to laugh. Laugh at it all. The irony of this.

The thought entered my mind again...The Gods had abandoned us.

But perhaps...we never needed them to begin with.

Where some saw only devastation and suffering...I saw something else.

Opportunity.....

The female Drow in front of him looked at Nosdyn carefully. "You were deep in thought again my lord."

Nosdyn nodded. "How long have you known me, Illsandra?" Nosdyn responded.

"By my reckoning...been about three years." She said rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Nosdyn nodded. "Three years and four months to be exact." Nosdyn said. "Do you remember when we first met?"

She narrowed her eyes. "I do."

"There's a reason you were saved...all these things always have a reason." Nosdyn said.

"I am aware...but with you there is more than just the usual bullshit that those syndicate types try to sell us. You have strength my lord." She said calmly.

Nosdyn thought back to another time. The day he was meeting with Lars...another adventure several years prior. Someone else had told him the same thing. "Someone told me I can break N'Jal's influence. I'm not sure about that. Would require more testing."

The Drow carefully analyzed his words. "I've never heard of anyone being able to break a Thayne's influence."

Nosdyn lower his gaze for a moment. "It can be done. I lost a friend over this. But it can be done."

She looked at him very carefully. "What are you suggesting then?"

"After I'm done cleaning up a certain...other situation. I'm going to require your help with something." He said.

"I owe you my life. In a lot of ways we all do." She said in response.

"I would not go as far as to say that." Nosdyn responded. "But your loyalty is appreciated. It will make things easier...when the time comes."

And the hour had indeed arrived.

^Open to all. Any can enter at this point. Typical Ettermire tavern setting. LOTS of NPCs yall have free reign over except the ones I specify as my own. (Illsandra is one of my own NPCs and part of my main Nosdyn story. I need her intact out of this thread for future stuff. But all others are open game. Have fun everyone and let's have a blast doing this!!!)
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 10-31-2019 at 06:36 PM.