EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[~Solo~] Of Demon Folks...

(Note: Takes place about one year after the events of: Mean Streets and is part of a continuing story)

One year later....

Nosdyn sat there deep in thought. They'd won their first tangible campaign against N'Jal. His mind was pondering several matters that were present, though he appeared to be the brutish type. His Acolyts, his Priests....knew better. Somewhere in that powerful shell of a Warrior...there was a thinking man. He kept his hands folded under his chin. He was focusing on the particular scent of his wife. The perfume smelled like lilacs...he'd asked her to never take it off. She never did. Somewhere in all that craziness..Illsandra and Nosdyn made sense...they completed each other. They'd been there for approximately a few hours, talking, discussing...planning strategy. It was how he operated. Every piece on the battlefield had a purpose.

Nosdyn opened his eyes. "I have called for this meeting." He began. "It has been about a year since we defeated N'Jal's temple in The Under." The gathered Acolytes listened to him speak. His wife...she was observing for something else in the silence. "A lot has happened for us...we have grown. But there is something that I must tell you all now." Nosdyn said carefully. He motioned for The Male Priest to come forth. "You told me once, when the time comes I will be ready to reveal why I am helping you all." Nosdyn said, there was a grim tone in his voice, but no malice. "That time has now arrived."

The Priest nodded towards Nosdyn. "By your command, my lord." He said.

"When I first found your people in Corone...there was a spell caster that did something to me." Nosdyn said. It was difficult to word it exactly. "You saw the reaction when The Phantaria Gate reacted to my touch. It was a part of that." Nosdyn was serious, he was trying to reveal to them information that would become important to them all. "They did something to my head." Nosdyn admitted. "I wasn't actually sure of it until the moment I touched that Gate." Nosdyn looked at them. "When I found YOU all here in Ettermire herself...you were different from the ones of Corone. I saw a people I could SAVE."

The Priest nodded, he was the defacto speaker for his people, their representative. "My lord...you and my people...we're not so different." He said calmly and continued to speak. "Fate brought us all together." He looked at Nosdyn. "Whatever troubles you...you can confide in us."

Nosdyn felt Illsandra's hand on his shoulder squeezing gently providing a source of comfort. Nosdyn nodded. "I just wanted you all to know the why...I owed you that much." It was difficult for him to speak in such an honest and forth coming sort of way. "Now my friends...if you all don't mind. Me and my wife...have matters to discuss." He said with a soft smile.

The Priest took his leader's meaning. And nodded with a grin of his own. Soon, Illsandra and Nosdyn were left in the chamber alone.

"He was not wrong." She said to her husband quietly.

Nosdyn looked at her carefully, trying to see the emotion on her face, her eyes. "Which part of it?"

"We're not all so different. You accepted my people's ways my husband. You were under no obligation to do so." She said quietly.

Nosdyn nodded in silence. "You accepted me as well. Knowing where I come from." Nosdyn placed his hand on the side of her face very gently. "Not very many would have given me that courtesy. You saw beyond...politics and strife. You saw...ME." Nosdyn said quietly...and for the second time in front of his wife...he cried before her. "No secrets between us my love." He said the silent promise to her out loud.

She nodded back. "No secrets." Shortly there after, they kissed...and accompanied each other to their bed for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night....

Nosdyn held her in his arms closely listening to her breathing. Seeing her bosom rise up and down with each breath. As far as Nosdyn understood of her people, blonde haired Dark Elf's were very rare. But that is not what had attracted her to him. She didn't see him as a monster. As so many other races of Althanas would have done. Perhaps they would be right.... He thought to himself. He looked at her sleep, her dark blue flesh tone matched his own. Though unlike her body...his was heavily muscular and well tattooed. Natural birth marks.

Sleep didn't come well for him...it hand't for a long time but at least he was at peace in her arms.

It was late that night...when he heard a knocking on his door. "Come." He said plainly.

The door to his chamber was opened and someone did enter...only it was not someone he recognized.

The strange wore black robes...but not the same robes of N'Jal he was used to seeing. Those robes had marks on them...marks he did not recognize. Strangely, Nosdyn did not feel malice from that person. "What do you want." Nosdyn asked of the person.

The person paused in front of their bed. "I've come to offer you and your people a proposition."

Nosdyn listened, he could not tell if the voice was a male or a female. It did not matter. "This could not wait until morning?" Nosdyn asked.

"No." The person responded. "I was ordered to give my proposition to you only." The person said.

Nosdyn shook his head. "Then you are wasting your time...I do not keep secrets from my wife."

A pause. "Do you jest?" The person asked.

At THAT point...Nosdyn was getting pissed off. His anger levels rising was enough to wake Illsandra from her deep sleep. He looked at the robed strange. "I do not jest you've woken my wife up now. You have one chance to explain the meaning of this...I suggest you make it count."

Nosdyn listened with Illsandra by his side as the stranger made their offer. There was a lot of talk...but no substance. At this point in the game...Nosdyn DID have a right to entirely choose who he dealt with. From what he was able to discern of the stranger...it was possible they were not a sentient person. He noticed that Illsandra could SEE the stranger as well though.

About two hours later...the entity was done talking. There was an uncomfortable silence in the air.

Nosdyn sighed. "That it isn't it?" He asked. "And you're sure this could not have waited until morning?"

"As you are both probably aware by this point...I am not physically here." The stranger said.

That...solicited a laugh form Nosdyn. "Your point being?"

Apparently that response made the stranger not comfortable.

Nosdyn stood up and off his bed, skyclad...completely naked. He walked over towards the stranger. "Normally...I would have told you to fuck off." Nosdyn said truthfully. "But since you've disrespected me...threatened me and my wife in my own house...I have to make you suffer."

This is a thinking man's game... Nosdyn thought to himself. "If you are really not here as you claim you are not...then you have nothing to be afraid of correct?"

The Stranger took a small step back.

"Then why do I smell your fear." Nosdyn said.

And that's how that particular adventure began.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-13-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    She sat in the bed watching her husband work.

It was like watching a skilled combat surgeon or an artist. Her Demon had grown comfortable enough to use his power in front of her without fear of judgment. She would always thank him for that. Watching him work...excited her. Her bosom rose up and down quickly and with the hunger she held for him. Her nether regions were warming...he would be treated well that night.

Once the interrogation was completed, the glowing symbols of the robes faded off, and the robe...empty, fell to the ground. Nosdyn learned something interesting that night though. He walked over to his bed where his wife waited for him. "They are not connected to N'Jal." Nosdyn told her.

"What does that mean?" She asked softly.

"We've attracted the attention of an outside element." Nosdyn had concern on his face. "The Stranger's memories were difficult to read...I had trouble getting anything solid in the form of information." Nosdyn kept his eyes locked on his wife. "It was shielded." Nosdyn said the truth plainly...as far as Nosdyn had been aware only VERY few races and factions had access to such powers.

Illsandra was trying to understand the gravity of the situation. "What will be our next move?" She asked.

"...For now we can only wait." He responded. "Due to the nature of what we represent there are going to be those who attempt to stop us." Nosdyn was prepared to fight at any moment's notice for what he believed in...to keep her safe always. He was prepared to fight and prepared to die for her as well.

She nodded carefully. "My lord...let's worry about this tomorrow. I am hungry for you now." She said plainly, telling her husband to come join her in their bed.

He did so.

Nearby...

One one of the roof top buildings the acolytes watched the safe house. The one who was seated, had the psionic's connection broken completely and was in considerable pain. But the acolyte was able to tell her superiors what had happened. "He can withstand our arts like some of our most skilled practitioners." She said. "He was not shielded either...but it was enough to sever the connection."

Her superior looked at her. "Then it is true?"

She nodded. "He has severed N'Jal's influence. Her agents will be moving against us all now."

The man who spoke previously rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I'm not comfortable working with a Son of Tular Plains." He said.

The woman looked up at him. "Sir, I don't think we have a choice in this any longer."

He helped the girl stand up there were three others with him. "In a few days we make direct contact. Let us see what it is we are up against."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few days later...

Her agents will move against us now. As was typical in such full scale battles...many will die... Nosdyn stood outside the safe house, the robed strangers were looking at him carefully. What is their angle...? Nosdyn thought to himself. Illsandra stood by his side, and several other acolytes were present. Nosdyn saw the man's expression...there was disdain there. The Demon was already uncomfortable about the situation.

He thought back to the day he met with Lars in Corone...he'd been attempting to get another mission completed. The man was talking about matters and Nosdyn listened very carefully. There was always an angle. Nosdyn kept his arms folded across his chest as he observed the group's leader before him. Nosdyn considered what was being said very carefully...the group had a common enemy with him and his people. N'Jal.

"What I'm proposing is a union between our groups." The man finally said.

Nosdyn considered. This is a thinking man's game.... Despite the very serious nature of what was being talked about, Nosdyn kept a very calm face. There was too much at stake at that point...it was no longer about only him. Nosdyn had a serious expression on his face. "State your terms." He suddenly said. Nosdyn carefully though to the other night when one of the faction's own members attempted to engage him directly. Something did not sit well with him...they were too exposed, too much in the public eye right there. That's why we are outside...in plain view.
    To attempt to lure her Agents out of hiding.

The man nodded and took out a small parchment. He handed it to Nosdyn. "They are all there."

"A contract...?" Nosdyn asked. Suddenly, he threw the contact back at the man. "You folks do not understand how it is me and my people do things."

The man watched the contract on the ground for a moment. He looked back at Nosdyn. "Is that your final choice?"

Just then, Nosdyn unlatched his weapon and activated it, the blade manifested. "It is."

Just as Nosdyn had suspected their interloper appeared at that point. Too many of us will draw attention...there. Her Agents are moving against us. Having chosen the battlefield itself was a deliberate decision Nosdyn made. He'd been attempting to lure The Agent of N'Jal to the open to see if they would act.

The man in front of him was stunned by what he saw next. An Agent of N'Jal stepped out of the shadows....and began to approach Nosdyn.

"You lead them to us you idiot." Nosdyn said. But that in itself was part an act. He'd been using The Faction itself as bait to lure the enemy out in the open. "Her agents are moving against us. If you do not understand our answer yet the answer is fucking NO." Nosdyn directly engaged The Agent of N'Jal...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The robed strangers took a step back, unsure of what to do.

The female looked at her leader. "Sir...the enemy is present HELP HIM." She said, there was confusion and a stirring of emotion in her eyes.

The leader took a look at Nosdyn. "No." He told his subordinate. "The Demon is on his own." He turned to leave.

She suddenly grabbed his arm. "So you would opt into cowardice because of his race?" She asked.

In front of Nosdyn and the gathered, the leader of that group suddenly smacked his student...hard. "You are banished from this guild." He said as a curse.

The leader and his companions left...except for the girl.

She turned to look at Nosdyn...the one who could sever the bonds of N'Jal.

Their swords clashed.

Nosdyn knew what was at stake. It was all or nothing. Nosdyn looked at the glowing eyes of The Undead before him...her Agents did not behave the same way as his free Undead did. There were no words exchanged, there was no need for speaking. It was time to prove to his comrades what type leader he wanted to be for them. Out the corner of his eyes...a distraction.

He saw the leader of the other faction strike one of his own allies down and knock the individual to the ground. Cowards...to abandon their own allies on the field of battle. Nosdyn thought, then at the precise moment he realized he made a huge misstep.

The Agent of N'Jal saw exactly what Nosdyn had been looking at and changed targets to advance on The Psionic student. Nosdyn saw the girl was terrified...his mind flashed before his eyes...a decision had to be made. Without hesitation...

"NO!" Illsandra suddenly screamed as she watched what happened next.

The Agent's sword struck Nosdyn instead of it's intended target. It was a terrible injury. The Agent, convinced that he would have killed Nosdyn removed his weapon from the Demon's body. "You have lost." He said.

Nosdyn knelt on the ground. Injured...he'd been through worse than that, but The Agent of N'Jal did not need to know that. Sometimes...a skilled General must know how to loose. The words of his Father in his mind. Nosdyn looked up at The Agent of N'Jal...memorizing the face of his enemy. Someday...you will fall for this. Nosdyn thought to himself as he feigned the actual severity of the injury. This is a thinking man's game. Every piece on the battlefield is a moving piece...a part of a larger machine. Blood trickled down the side of Nosdyn's mouth.

In the past he would have not saved them at all...but something had changed in the entire time he'd been The Syndicate leader. It was no longer about him...

Illsandra walked over to her husband quickly...there was a look of concern on her face. She looked at the other, The Psionic Girl and was trying to understand what had just happened. She ripped the sleeve off her own shirt and began to attempt to treat her husband's injury. The Psionic Girl placed her hand on Illsandra's hand. She looked up at the other.

"I envy you." The Psionic said. "What you and your husband have...some people never find in their entire lives." She looked at Illsandra and the Demon on the ground. "I have a question for you, Haidian." There was no malice in the girl's voice.

Nosdyn nodded. "Speak."

"You...risked yourself for us all just now...did you not?" Somehow...though the girl only had brief knowledge of Nosdyn's way of doing things...she understood the severity of the situation at hand.

Nosdyn nodded. "...A General must know when to take losses to save his people."

The girl...suddenly understood what it was they were all dealing with. Somehow...this Demon...this Son of the Tular Plains had developed more honour than most Humans could ever claim. She knelt down before Nosdyn and Illsandra. "My lord, and my lady." She began. "Though, as you must already know...I cannot offer much...I pledge allegiance to your guild."

Nosdyn nodded carefully accepting the young one's proposal. He was still bleeding from the side of his mouth, but Illsandra was working on his injuries. "I accept your offer, young one." Nosdyn looked at Illsandra at that point. "I am in a lot of pain...I am certain the blade was augmented."

The Psionic looked at them both. "N'Jal's dark magics taint her Agent's weaponry." The Psionic and Illsandra helped Nosdyn stand.

At that point, the other gathered followers of Nosdyn convened around their leader.

Illsandra looked at The Priests. "He is injured and needs help." She said quietly. They quickly helped Nosdyn back inside the safe house. Illsandra looked at The Psionic for a moment. "I owe you an apology." She said carefully.

"My lady?" The Psionic responded.

"I thought your guild were mere fools...but my husband saw something else. He saw fit to risk near fatal injury to save you. And for that...I owe you an apology. It has been a long day. You must be very hungry." Illsandra said quietly.

"Can I ask you something?" The Psionic asked.

Illsandra nodded. "You may."

"You tamed him...a Demon. I did not think something like that would be possible. How did you ever manage that?" She sincerely wanted to know the secret.

Illsandra looked at her with a very serious expression on her face. "There were no tricks or sorcery involved. It was actually...a simple thing. He accepted me and my people...in exchange I accepted his." She said quite plainly, Nosdyn's mannerisms had already rubbed off on her.

The Psionic nodded. "Such a simple thing...our Scholars would never have considered that approach."

Illsandra put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "You will learn a lot in the coming weeks, come on let's get you something to eat."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Illsandra had been there for as much as she could of it. She looked at The Priest when he had a moment to breath, the work was intense. "How bad is it?" Illsandra had sincere concern for her husband.

The Priest looked her with a very serious expression on his face. "The magic in nature...is new. It is not anything we've encountered before. Me and my students have done all we could. The rest if up to him. My lady...I won't lie about this...the situation is grave. He may not live there is a chance of that." He placed a hand on her shoulder to try to comfort her. "We've done all we could."

He and his students quietly left the healing chamber.

Illsandra pulled up chair and sat next to her husband...The Priest told her he was in a coma induced by N'Jal's magic. She held his hand in her hand. "My lord...I do not know if somewhere you can hear me. But I will be with you until the end. Until whatever happens." Tears flowed for her husband at that point, she understood the gravity of the situation at hand.

Another presence was in the room a few moments later...The Psionic girl. Illsandra looked at her and nodded.

"My lady..." She began and pulled up an extra chair to sit next to Illsandra. "I do not claim to know your husband well or anything like that...but what I do know is his injury and potentially his life is on the line because of me." There was a sadness on her face. "I want to be here with you two...it is the least I can do."

Illsandra looked at her in response. "I think he would have liked that." She thought of something at that point. "What's your name?"

The Psionic seemed confused for a moment...it had been a long time since someone sincerely cared about who she was. She nodded. "Xyllea is my name...I don't have a last name anymore. The Order I am from forbids all outside ties."

Illsandra was looking at Nosdyn for a moment. "You know...he told me once not very many would have accepted him as I have."

Xyllea looked at her calmly. "There are many hatreds and strife in this world...perhaps he can serve to change all that someday."

Illsandra nodded...it was good to have someone there with her. Someone who could share her pain as they watched her loved one suffering.

Nosdyn found himself a plane of existence filled with a shadowy fog.

His awareness was dulled down.

He had no memory of how he got there...only that he'd been attacked by one of N'Jal's Agents prior to that point. His memory were as hazed over as that fog was.

He was not sure how much time had passed. Days, weeks...centuries. He had no way of discerning time there.

After some point, he did feel another presence in the fog, just beyond his field of perception. Perhaps it was for the best because he immediately knew who he was dealing with. "N'Jal." Nosdyn said to the presence, her name. There was strangely no malice but a profound respect for his adversary.

A moment passed by, N'Jal spoke alas. "Son of Tharak." Again, the respect was mutual between the two of them. "I have summoned you here to speak with you about some matters." She said softly.

Nosdyn nodded. "As you say."

"Under different circumstances you would have become one of my greatest champions, Nosdyn son of Tharak." There was an actual bit of sadness in her tone.

Nosdyn looked down for a moment and looked back towards her. "For what it's worth...I'm sorry fate made us adversaries."

N'Jal nodded for a moment. "Your companions...how much do you care for them?" She suddenly asked.

Nosdyn did not hesitate in his response. "I would die for them...right now in exchange for their safety."

She seemed to consider that for a moment. "The one etched on your heart...the one you love. I suspect it would be the same for her yes? Does she matter that much to you?"

Nosdyn nodded. "She does."

N'Jal considered what she was hearing. "Your loyalty, your bravery...it is a trait my most trusted servants lack far too often." She explained. "Nosdyn..." She said suddenly. "I have a proposition for you do you wish to hear it?"

Nosdyn thought about that for a moment. "Go on."

A week later...it was a Friday morning whet it occurred.

Illsandra noticed it first...he was waking up. Somehow, someway...Nosdyn had found his way back to her. She'd been there the entire time day after day...hour after hour the entire time. Knowing there was a chance that it could have all been over right there. But somehow...he'd found his way back.

Nosdyn awoke and his glowing yellow eyes saw the two by his bed. He nodded to them softly...it had been a long road to recovery from his injury but at the very least he had made it back.

Illsandra put her on the side of his face. "I...thought I'd lost you forever." She said very plainly.

Nosdyn nodded once more. Nosdyn looked at Xyllea. "I'm sorry to have worried the both of you...matters have now escalated beyond us." Nosdyn said. "When I recover my strength we all have to talk." He said, he would never keep secrets from her. He returned his gaze back to Illsandra. "It is good to see you once more." He said calmly.

Whatever deal he had made with N'Jal that time...would be revealed another day.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few days later...

Nosdyn had recovered his strength and he called for a meeting with the entire guild in his command. They were all gathered in the meeting hall shortly there after, Illsandra standing nearby...a source of strength and comfort. Nosdyn was never really good with any form of public speaking...but he wanted to be an accountable leader for his comrades. There were quiet whispers in the crowd and he worked up the nerves to speak in front of them all.

He was hesitant, attempting to find the exact correct to say what he needed to say to them. "As you know...the sands of time move against us always." Nosdyn began. "Recently, for the sake of you all...I suffered an injury and was incapacitated up until a few days ago." Nosdyn was struggling with how to word the next part of what he needed to say. There was no way to do so...so he decided on the exact approach he'd always used before. "While I was hurt...recovering...something happened." He looked at the gathered. "N'Jal contacted me directly."

Whispers from the gathered, Illsandra remained silent...she had already been told by her husband what he was about to say.

Nosdyn waved his hand gently around for the gathered to remain calm. "A deal was made and I accepted the offer. Understand...the choice I made was for the safety of you all." Nosdyn paused looking at his wife for a moment. "As of that deal's forging...we are no longer at war with N'Jal herself. As far as you all are concerned...she is no longer an enemy. In exchange...she has agreed to keep all of you safe."

The Priest looked at his leader and spoke quietly first, there was concern in the man's voice. "What did you give in exchange?"

Nosdyn nodded. "A fair question. I gave up my war against her." There was more to say. "But also in regards to that contract...I was allowed to live." He told them the exact truth...though some may not have been willing to accept it. "To protect you all..." Nosdyn looked at his wife once more. "To protect you all I was ready to give my life in exchange for your freedom."

The Priests...they knew the exact thing that Nosdyn was saying. They've dealt with N'Jal since the point of their turning to Undead. But any one else would have a difficult time understanding what was being talked about. The Male Priest quietly walked over towards Nosdyn. He understood the gravity of Nosdyn had been saying. In a strange sort of gesture of acceptance, and friendship, The Priest hugged Nosdyn profoundly. "Given what we were before you saved us...I can only partially understand what you telling us here. You've already given up more for us than many here would ever realize."

Nosdyn hugged the man back...he looked at the gathered. "That is all I wanted to say. I have to continue to recover my strength after what happened...but that is all for now." He said calmly.

Nosdyn sat in his office pondering everything that had transpired. Xyllea and Illsandra were nearby...discussing matters. His body still did not feel normal from the attack he'd endured...it would recover in time.

Illsandra walked over towards her husband. "My lord...what was she like?" Illsandra asked calmly.

Nosdyn nodded. "N'Jal you mean, yes?"

Illsandra nodded. "What was she like? That's something I have been thinking about since the night you told me."

Nosdyn spoke calmly. "She had a profound respect for us...more than any adversary I have ever known." Nosdyn meant that. It was difficult to sometimes discern what Nosdyn's really meant sometimes...but when he spoke in that tone he would always tell the truth. "She knew about you." Nosdyn wanted her to know that.

Illsandra seemed taken by surprise by that. "How...?"

Nosdyn nodded. "She said...you were etched on my heart. And asked me if I would give anything for you...if you really mattered that much to me. Before N'Jal herself I was prepared to die." Nosdyn continued. "I accepted the offer she gave me because of you. She was going to let everyone live after...but mainly you. Illsandra...she gave you her blessing." Nosdyn said.

Illsandra nodded. "For what part of it all?"

"When you have my children...and someday you will...she gave us her blessing." Nosdyn always had a very simple way of stating things, a simple way of saying the truth that made the matters of what he spoke of much more profound.

Illsandra sighed softly. "You've already done so much for me."

Xyllea observed the two as they spoke with one another. In a way, she'd been right that one time...what Illsandra and Nosdyn had, some folks never find in their entire lives. And she envied them for that. She smiled quietly at what she was hearing.

Nosdyn stood up at that moment and walked over towards her. "I was ready to give up my life for you." He nodded towards his wife. They hugged at that point. He looked towards Xyllea. "Young one...I am sorry your people have abandoned you. But hopefully this small Guild we have now can provide you an adequate home."

She nodded quietly and stood up. "I will take my leave now...I am certain you have matters to take care of." She said with a soft smile.

Nosdyn nodded but before Xyllea even left...Illsandra had already kissed him deeply...to make up for the time away from her loved one. Her Champion...her Demon.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

"What will be your purpose now my lord?" Illsandra asked of her husband. They slept in the same bed they always had, both skyclad. The strong smell of her lilac perfume and their physical union.

Nosdyn let the question linger for a moment or two. He was smelling the scent in the air...it was good to be back with her again. "You are always going to be my purpose." He said quietly to her. "All other matters are trivial." Something had changed with Nosdyn...

Illsandra nodded softly at what he was saying. "N'Jal changed things did she not?" She asked.

Nosdyn considered the question carefully. "My feelings for you are the same as when we first became a couple." He paused for a moment. "N'Jal did change the priority of things though."

Illsandra looked at her husband carefully. "Do you still love me the same after all this time, after all these moons?" She asked.

"Illsandra...I was ready to die for you. Now...always. To save you I will give my life up for you." It was his way of speaking. His way of doing things...he'd never been really good at expressing what he really felt, but he'd learned...he was putting the effort to learn.

She smiled softly in the dark. Holding her Demon in his arms. "You have come very far my lord." She said to him.

Nosdyn looked at her with a surprisingly soft expression on his face. He kissed her forehead gently...he'd always had trouble with simple romantic gestures. "You've taught me more than you will ever know." He said to her calmly. "No matter what, I will be yours always. This is swear."

The next day...

Nosdyn stood outside there was a task that needed to be completed. His wife stood by his side, they were the only ones visible to the untrained eye.

The Messenger looked at Nosdyn carefully. "This is all of it?" The fellow asked.

"More if you complete the job." Nosdyn said in response. At that point in the game, Nosdyn had learned much of Ettermire's disparate factions. He'd learned who was worth dealing with and who was not. Who operated legally and who did not...and further who was their type of criminal scum.

The Messenger carefully considered what was being asked. "You've developed quite a reputation for yourself My Lord." He said calmly. "It shall be so, give me about a week." The Messenger said.

"That's all the time you have." Nosdyn said calmly.

The Messenger nodded and took his leave.

Nosdyn breathed the crisp, Ettermire air. Even though they were in the city itself...there was still a winter's chill there. Where Nosdyn was from...it was very hot there always. Illsandra noticed it before anyone else did.

"It feels good to be back with us again does it not?" She asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "I was hurt for a long time." In some ways though....such injuries never heal.

She pulled her winter's coat a little tighter around her feeling the cold in the air. She looked at him. "What do you ant to do today? She asked of him.

Romantic gestures...he'd never been good expressing those. He looked at his wife. "There's actually a nearby Tavern I want to take you to." He said calmly. "I want to buy you dinner."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Strangely...as they were seated at their table...he thought of something right there.

Many years ago...he'd lived in Stonevale. The people there had accepted The Demon as he was...until one day Jake Narmonalya...a sworn enemy, ruined it all for him. In one of those adventures Nosdyn had suffered near fatal injury for the people of Stonevale. During a fierce battle, he'd been shot with a lot of poisoned Goblin arrows...enough to take down a whole town by itself. He'd survived that. It wasn't that different form things he'd gone through with his guild at that point in time.

He looked at Illsandra. "I was thinking of the past." He said.

She nodded. "Your time in Stonevale yes?"

"Yeah...things were already changing back then. From before The Cataclysm." Nosdyn looked at the waitress...somehow the state of things in Ettermire reflected what Radasanth could have been. He would never have been allowed to wander around the streets of Radasanth. "Lars." He recalled the other man at that point remembering what lead this whole crazy chain of events.

Illsandra nodded. "The one you were trying to help that time yes?"

Nosdyn nodded. "There are many old strife and prejudices." Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "He collapsed a building around me because of who and what I am."

Illsandra listened. She ordered a relaxing herbal tea for her and her husband. "The tea here is quite good, herbal in nature. Most Ettermire places serve this type of tea."

He nodded. "Order what you wish my lady." He said softly.

There were some eyes periodically on them from the other patrons of the tavern. Nobody would give Nosdyn trouble. Largely because of his present company. She looked at him. "What is on your mind?" She asked of him.

"I no longer have a people as you surely must know." He said with a subtle hint of sadness in his voice. "I have been thinking...how do I become inducted into your people's fold." It was a simple question....something honest. Nosdyn wanted to belong somewhere. He'd been exiled from his land of birth...

Illsandra considered what she was hearing. "There are ways to become officially inducted into Dark Elf society." She said calmly. "The methods and rites are not too complicated. But my lord...are you certain this is what you want?"

He nodded. "I want to understand your people better so I can defend them better." It was honest, he was not good at being honest, and so humble. But he was putting the effort. "I want to...belong somewhere." I've been running for such a long time...it's hard to accept I have a home now. He thought to himself.

She nodded. "I have some contacts in The Lloth temple. I can get you sorted, it will require time and effort however." She said.

He agreed. "I will put in both requirements."

And she knew he was serious.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A short time later, the tea they ordered was prepared.

Nosdyn was troubled by matters...Ettermire was what Radasanth should have been. As far as he was aware...Radasanth was currently in a state of chaos and anarchy since The Cataclysm. He drank the tea. It was quite good, they'd gone out together a few times like that since he'd first arrived in Ettermire. The tea had a soothing effect on his troubled mind. They both drank in silence. Nosdyn was considering something at that point and he looked at Illsandra. "When we are done here, I want to continue your training." It had been months since their last formal lessons.

A lot had happened since then. Illsandra drank of the tea and looked at him. "Yes. I wish to know more about your people as well."

Nosdyn nodded calmly. Over time, he'd taught her about a great many teachings of his people. Everything he could teach her about his family, his way of life, his martial tactic. He was hers...always would be. Once they both completed the tea, Nosdyn paid for their portions.

A short time later they were outside...heading to a small clearing, park style location. Nosdyn looked around. "This will do." He took two reasonably sized branches off nearby trees and handed one to his wife. Almost immediately, the lessons would begin.

"Tighten your stance." He told her calmly as he had instructed her in the past. Nosdyn was quite skilled with his family's way of combat, he was attempting to teach her everything he knew. "Hit me with your practice swing." He told her.

She hesitated at first...as she had every time before then.

Nosdyn understood the why of it...but the lessons were necessary and he was built to withstand high amounts of pain. He stood there calmly, watching her practice the swing of the makeshift weapon at him. Each swing, stung a bit. He stood there with his arms folded across his chest observing her technique, the way she swung the practice weapon. He would give advice and tips on adjusting mid combat, reacting in controlled sort of ways. She had always been faster than he ever would be.

But he could withstand a great deal of pain...he'd already proven that fact.

An hour into the training session...a few Dark Elves had gathered around them...observing the lessons. There was a quiet understanding between the students and the teachers and he instructed Illsandra. Soon, her technique became quite skilled and polished.

A few hours later...one of the newer comers that were nearby volunteered for training.

Nosdyn, hesitant at first, looked at his wife for approval. He did not want to offend his people.

She nodded her approval.

And so...day after day it went. The children of Ettermire gathered around Nosdyn and Illsandra as he instructed them in the ways of his people. No...the teachings of his Father.