Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Every lesson, every instruction was given with precision and care.

There were flaws in the basic techniques of his gathered students...but they were learning quickly. It was a pleasure to watch them train in the ways of his people. The Dark Elves were actually quite eager to learn what he had to teach. He was trying to instruct them to the best of his capacity...

Until one day...a week later...

An adult Dark Elf showed up that day. The stranger observed the teachings of Nosdyn and his wife, Illsandra.

The man did not comment, he merely observed. When the lessons for that day were over...the man approached Nosdyn. "You lead that Synidicate guild do you not my lord?" He asked.

Nosdyn turned towards the fellow. "Yes I do." He said truthfully...he had nothing to hide.

"Your technique...is quite interesting. My son has informed me of what you are doing here with these kids." The man said calmly.

Nosdyn nodded carefully. "I am merely trying to pass on the technique my Father taught me."

The man looked at Nosdyn very carefully. "You speak as someone whose not afraid of Death."

The Demon nodded. "I am not."

The man rubbed his chin very carefully. He looked at Illsandra. "You are his wife are you not?" He asked of her.

She nodded in response. "I am."

He kept his eyes on her. "Are you willing to speak before a committee about this matter?" He asked.

She looked at Nosdyn at that point. "Only if my Husband can be there with me...we keep no secrets from each other."

He agreed. "That is a fair compromise." The man looked at Nosdyn and Illsandra. "You two are a beautiful pairing if I might be bold enough to say so."

Nosdyn had a soft smile on his face at that point. "Nosdyn, by he way." He said calmly.

The man looked at Nosdyn at that point. "Your name you mean?" He asked.

The Demon nodded. "Yes. My wife and I we will face anything together."

"Lancaster." The Dark Elf said. "My name is Lancaster. When you come to the my estate...we will have the meeting there tomorrow. There is a matter we must discuss with the two of you." Lancaster was a surprising quite amicable sort...for a politician. "My son says you are a good teacher. Tomorrow...we put that to the test."

Nosdyn nodded towards Lancaster. "We will be at your estate tomorrow."

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The next day...

Lancaster's estate was an impressive old Dark Elf style building. They were given an hour to arrive, Nosdyn and Illsandra arrived considerably early. There were people gathered at and around the estate's grounds. Nosdyn had not been terribly wrong...Lancaster was a politician of sorts. The gathered individuals who wree present noticed Nosdyn and his wife approaching...there was never any malice or hatred in their stares...only an almost erotic curiosity of the couple.

Nosdyn was certain to wear a suit of fine Dark Elf attire...he felt only a little uncomfortable in it. For his wife, Illsandra, he would attempt to follow their customs and culture as best as he was capable of doing.

Illsandra wore a very elegant Ettermire cut blue dress. They entered the building and someone approached them, greeting them softly.

"You are Nosdyn and Illsandra are you not?" The woman asked of them, she was a stately looking Dark Elf woman.

They both nodded in response, in almost perfect tandem with one another.

"Lancaster is expecting you both today, follow me."

As they walked, Illsandra looked at her husband. "You are nervous." She said quietly.

Nosdyn nodded. "Yes...I am...not used to any of this."

She wrapped her hand around his own hand.

A short time later they arrived at Lancaster's personal office chambers..."This way. He is waiting for you."

Before them was a small group of roughly ten male and female Dark Elf politicians. Lancaster sat at the lead position of the group. He was having a talk with one of Nosdyn's students...apparently that had been Lancaster's son.

Nosdyn tried to observe, learn all he could. He stood before the gathered with his wife beside him. They continued to hold hands.

Lancaster motioned for them to approach. "My son says you have been teaching him and a few of his friends." Lancaster began.

The boy looked up at Nosdyn. "He knows a lot...better than some of the instructors at the Academy." The boy was young yet, and probably more out spoken than he should have been.

Lancaster observed the profound respect his son held for Nosdyn. Once they were both in front of him, Lancaster spoke again. "Come with me to my personal chamber for a moment I want to discuss a matter with you two."

They did so.

The elegant chamber was a side chamber and Lancaster was seated a very fancy chair. He was deep in thought. "My son says you have a way of teaching that is quite effective."

Nosdyn listened carefully. "My Father's teachings."

Lancaster stood up at that point and walked over towards Nosdyn. "I'm going to be frank here and tell you why you're both here. My son...has a learning deficit." It seemed to really pain Lancaster to admit that. "He is my only son. The Academy expelled him because he was not learning quickly enough." He looked at Nosdyn. "You, so far, have been the only one who could get through to those kids." Lancaster was thinking very carefully for a moment. "I called this meeting with you two...to discuss a business proposition."

Nosdyn nodded. "Go on."

Lancaster laid it all on them. "There's a group of them...in the slums...and they have no where to go. No one in the city will take them, not even the Orphanage. Some of them have serious learning conditions and worse problems. You're getting to them somehow. Whatever it is you're doing different...is working." Lancaster paused for a moment. "I'm offering you a job, Nosdyn and Illsandra. You teach those kids, you help them become SOMETHING in this fucked up world they live in. In exchange I will pay you and your guild...very handsomely." Lancaster looked at Nosdyn for a moment. "What to you say?"

Nosdyn looked at his wife for a moment, then back to Lancaster. "We accept your proposal."

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The next day...

As every other day before since it had first started...the children of the slums gathered before Illsandra and her Demon.

The lessons were progressing, Nosdyn was actually a very skilled instructor. Illsandra admired her husband for that...not very many would have taken on those children like he had.

When that day's lessons were complete, Nosdyn walked over towards Lancaster's son. In a profound gesture of kindness and sympathy...The Demon knelt before the boy and spoke to him with sincerity in his voice. "Your Father has explained to me the situation." Nosdyn said quietly. "The lessons I am teaching you and your friends...are secondary to what I'm about to tell you. We go at your own pace...always. I will never judge you, I will never be angry at you or yell at you, or hit you for any reason." Nosdyn looked at the boy, there was a sincerity in Nosdyn's eyes. "If you ever struggle you tell me and we will slow down. What I am teaching is gradual progression anyway...I just want you to understand that I am here. If you ever need anything you tell me." Nosdyn said very carefully.

Then...the boy nodded quietly and in an equally profound gesture of his own...The Dark Elf boy hugged Nosdyn. A Son of Tular Plains. The gesture caught Nosdyn briefly off guard, but he hugged the boy back.

Nearby, Illsandra observed her husband with the students and he interacted with him. He would have made an excellent Father.

The night...

Nosdyn was deep in thought as was his wife. The kids they were teaching...he was somehow helping them. About an hour later Nosdyn sensed something was troubling his wife. He turned to look at her. "My lady?" He asked softly...gestures of the heart, romance had always been difficult for him.

She nodded towards her husband. "Nosdyn...there is a matter we must discuss. It might not be easy for you to hear it...but I swore to never keep secrets from you I just had to be certain this particular time."

He kept his eyes on her and nodded. "Go on..you can speak freely in front of me always."

She sighed. "Past few weeks I have been consulting with my family's Medic about a matter that has been bothering me. Last week she confirmed the truth of what I am about to tell you. I just wanted to be certain of it." She paused, there was a deep burden there she was trying to word exactly right. "Nosdyn...I am barren I can't ever have your children." The matter pained her greatly. "Seeing you with how you behave towards those kids past few days...you would have been an excellent Father. I can't give you that one thing I have always wanted to give you.' She looked away at that point. "I'm a failure."

Seeing his wife in such pain...he understood the gravity of the situation. He walked slowly towards her, matters of the heart, expression...simple romance often was very difficult for him to express. He placed his hand gently on the side of her face and had her look directly at him. "Fate..is sometimes cruel. You are my wife however." He said to her. "No matter what comes of this...because of the vows I swore to you...you will always be my wife. And I your husband." He was trying to speak from the heart...by then Illsandra already understood how difficult such things were for him. "If there's ever anything I can do for you to alleviate any suffering or anguish you tell me."

She nodded at that point gently. "There is one thing. I spoke to one of our allies about this matter. She has agreed to help. When you are ready to have children my lord. She has agreed to help. It is someone both me and you already trust."

A short time later, Xyllea was summoned to their chambers she arrived quickly and nodded with profound respect towards Nosdyn and Illsandra.

Nosdyn spoke first. "Why have you agreed to this Xyllea?" He just wanted to know the truth of the whole situation.

Xyllea had a soft smile on her face. "The day you saved me...you didn't even know who I was. I even attacked you directly earlier that week." She paused a moment but continued to speak. "When N'Jal's Agent attacked that day...not very many folks would have done what you did to save me. It was not brave...brave is not the right word. It was fucking HEROIC. You risked death to save someone you did not even know." She walked over towards Nosdyn and strangely enough, held his hand gently. "When I first joined your Guild I offered you my services, you knew then I could not give your people much in exchange. Your wife told me the entirety of the situation. Let me repay you for the kindness you have already shown me. Let me help the both of you with this one thing."

Nosdyn was hesitant...but he knew they were both sincere. In his culture, back home on The Tular Plains it was a custom for some households to allow multiple partners. Some folks NEEDED more than one. He looked at his wife at that point. "Are you certain this is what you want?" He asked her.

She nodded softly. "I can't give you children. I want you to be a Father."

He looked at Xyllea at that point. And nodded. "I accept your arrangements."

That night...the three of them shared the same bed...it would be the firs of many such events.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    And so it went...

Those first few months he had difficulty being physical with Xyllea...mainly because in his mind he belonged to Illsandra. However, he was adjusting to the best of his capacity. Xyllea, had prove to be a very agreeable woman and very intelligent. As was Illsandra. The`three would spend a lot of time together, talking discussing planning matters.

Those were the happiest days of his life.

Later on his life...he would lack at that time period with Illsandra as the most complete, the most whole he ever felt.

That night...

He held the two women in his strong arms, they were sleeping at that point. He would not stir until morning for them...sleep was always very difficult for Nosdyn. He could not remember the last time he had a full night's sleep. But at least he was content...he was at peace. For the first time in his life...he was at peace with himself and the world around him. Matters were on his mind...those late hours of the night were for his personal musings, deep states of thinking and pondering.

Nosdyn thought back to his Father...he thought of the man often those days. He wondered what could have been...had circumstances been different.

He looked at Xyllea at that moment and kissed the top of her forehead softly. He was growing more comfortable around her...it was a gradual process. It had taken Illsandra an equally long time to get him to open to her. He saw she smiled softly at the kiss, and moved closer to his warm body.

Those were the happiest days of his life....

The Next day...

The children of the slums were waiting for him as they had every morning before that. Nosdyn suspected that they would continue to want tutelage long after that. Those kids...they represented something for Nosdyn...hope.

He trained them as he had every day up until that point...they were learning quickly.

Until one day....

A Dark Elf that Nosdyn never knew up until that point approached the group.

Nosdyn looked at his wife, Illsandra and she nodded casually that it would be okay for them to proceed with whatever was going to happen next. Nosdyn recognized the marks on The Dark Elf's attire by that point...military academy seals and symbols.

The Dark Elf appeared angry as he approached Nosdyn. "What is your purpose here?" The man asked with an angry tone.

Nosdyn carefully looked at the man...he was not one of Lancaster's. "I'm teaching them." Nosdyn said to the man, gesturing towards the children. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the fellow...he already did not like the man but he would be careful for Illsandra's sake. "I have permission from Lancaster."

The Dark Elf looked at Lancaster's son. "Ah...the reject. Now this makes sense." The Dark Elf said. "I have authority to stop and desist this operation."

Illsandra intervened before Nosdyn could speak, she motioned for her husband to stay his ground. "Under whose permission?" Illsandra suddenly asked her tone of voice was unusually aggressive.

The Dark Elf looked at her carefully. "Senator Llenkroth." The Dark Elf said, he kept his gaze on them. "The Senators have higher authority than the puppet, Lancaster does." He said. "You either stop...or we will take actions against you."

Nosdyn had enough at that point. He'd shown an incredible amount of restraint because his wife was present, and the children. "You are from The Academy are you not?" Nosdyn asked, he wanted to be certain who the new enemy was.

The Dark Elf looked at Nosdyn and nodded. "I am."

"Tell me something are all of your instructors cowards...or just you?" He asked. "Lancaster told me you refused to instruct these children."

THAT...was the equivalent of a punch to the gut. The man frowned. "This will not be the end of this."

The man stormed off.

Nosdyn frowned at that point...for the sake of his wife and the gathered children he'd shown an incredible amount of physical restrain. He looked at Illsandra. "I'm sorry I couldn't hold it in any longer." He said to his wife.

She nodded. "You did the best you could. But I think we'd better see Lancaster immediately." She said and looked at the boy who was Lancaster's son. She knelt down in front of the children. "That man was Academy, yes?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yes my lady...he used to abuse some of us."

She ran her hand through his hair. "You all were very brave today."

Nosdyn looked at them all...something was not sitting well with him. But he would save his concern for Lancaster directly.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A short time later...they were at Lancaster's office.

The situation was worse than Nosdyn thought...there was a lot of yelling in the office chamber. Nosdyn was trying to learn, to understand Ettermire politics. Due to his recent outburst in front of the man from the Academy...he trying really hard to restrain himself. He knew Illsandra would understand how difficult all that was for him. They waited in front of Lancaster's office. The boy who was Lancaster's son apparently had some understanding of what was happening...far more than his youthful eyes should ever have had to understand.

Lancaster's son looked at Nosdyn. "The men from The Academy always do this...when someone cares about us." The boy said quietly to Nosdyn.

Somehow, Nosdyn understood some of what was going on. Ettermire politics and The Tribunal's way of doing things...were not so different.

Something was slammed against something inside the chamber and shattered. A few moments later, the Academy man stormed out and saw Nosdyn right away. "Oh you...the big mouth." He said. "You are in a lot of trouble."

Nosdyn nodded. "I'm used to that. If you are attempting to scare me...it won't work." Nosdyn stared back at The Academy Man, he never once withdrew from the man's gaze.

A moment later, the man broke the gaze off and stormed off.

"Coward." Nosdyn cursed and walked inside Lancaster's office, there was a huge mess inside.

"Papa!" Lancaster's boy said when he saw what was on the floor, shattered. It was a picture of his Mother...the only existing such photo reference. The boy ran quickly to his Father and hugged him.

Lancaster looked up at Nosdyn and Illsandra. "I...I'm so sorry. This was all my fault."

Nosdyn walked over towards Lancaster, and helped the man stand. "I know cowardice Lancaster...you did nothing wrong here."

Illsandra walked over towards Lancaster with a look of concern on her face. "He said he worked for Senator Llenkroth's office." She said carefully.

Lancaster nodded. The picture of his wife was shredded at that point...his past was shredded. He knew defeat, losses but this time was different. Lancaster looked at Nosdyn. "I beg your forgiveness, Nosdyn and Illsandra. You are now wrapped up in that man's game because of me."

Nosdyn thought carefully about how to respond next...more was at stake than pride and honour. "He is your enemy is he not?" Nosdyn asked. He knew how Ettermire worked was not that different from The Tribunal's structure.

Lancaster nodded. "He took my wife from me." Lancsater said calmly. He looked at the boy. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way...I was going to reveal things to you when you were ready."

Lancaster's son...showed a surprising amount of maturity for someone his age. The boy looked at his Father. "It's okay Papa, Mother would have been proud of us working with Lord Nosdyn and his Lady." He said calmly.

Lancaster nodded. He walked towards Nosdyn. "He had a message for you from The Senator."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

Nosdyn was preparing for the most difficult thing he would ever have to do in his life.

Illsandra and Xyllea looked at the Demon carefully. Illsandra spoke first. "You don't have to do this."

Nosdyn looked at his wife for a moment. "He challenged me directly...The Senator did. I know there will be no honour in how he does things. But the point of the matter is...I have to accept his challenge." Nosdyn said carefully. "If I fall The Syndicate becomes yours." He said to both Xyllea and Illsandra. That was the first time he'd ever accepted the possibility he could actually die for something he believed in.

Illsandra was crying. "But why do you have to go alone?" She wanted to be there, to provide him with strength.

"Student, state the precepts of Krotar Household." Nosdyn suddenly said to her.

"Precept one, this is a thinking man's game. Always be thinking always come at your opponents from the side never from the back or the front." She spoke, understanding her Demon and the way he did things. This was more than just about honour. She knew. This was a Husband protecting his family.

Xyllea watched the interactions between The Demon and his wife, she was learning how they did things. There was more there than a husband and a wife...there was more there than love. She was learning. She would always admire Illsandra for what she'd done in taming that Demon.

Once Nosdyn was prepared...he walked over towards his wife and kissed her deeply. (Translated from Haidian) "Goodbye my love." He said quietly to her in the language of his people. He said that in case he fell in battle...there was a very real possibility he would.

Leaving her side, was one of the most difficult things he had ever have to do. Outside of The Safe House, he met with one last ally. The Undead Male Priest that had been by his side since the beginning. He shook the man's hand. "If you get the word..you know what to do." Nosdyn said.

The Man before Nosdyn actually cried before his leader. "My Lord...it has been an honour and a privilege to work with you."

"I've learned so much from all of you. My wife...she might not understand immediately why this has to be done." Nosdyn looked at his friend, no...his brother. "I have to defend more than just The Syndicate this time."

"The Lancaster Estate." The Priest said quietly. "They have no idea what a strong ally they have made with you."

Nosdyn nodded. "Good bye...my brother." And he started the journey towards the location the duel would take place.

"This won't be the end. There's strength in you. Strength to sever the bonds of N'Jal." The Priest said quietly. "Until we meet again." The Priest walked back into The Safe House quietly with a heavy heart.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Epilogue...

Nosdyn looked at Lancaster and nodded. They were all at the chosen place the duel would take place. It was carefully picked by The Senator himself, and on the grounds of his own estate.

Lancaster was standing next to Nosdyn. "Are you afraid?" He asked.

Nosdyn was not sure how to respond. "I am not afraid to die."

Lancaster nodded quietly.

At that point, The Senator arrived, he wore a robes...likely a Magi type. Nosdyn locked his eyes on the form The Senator. The man approached directly from the front. Closing in the distance quickly. He stopped right in front of Nosdyn. There was malice...Nosdyn sensed extreme malice. "We are here." Nosdyn said carefully to The Senator.

"You have accepted the challenge...I would have figured you would have run." The Senator said carefully.

Nosdyn shook his head in the quietly. "Haidians never run from any opponent." Nosdyn said calmly.

The Senator looked at Lancaster. "This was all over your boy was it not?" The Senator asked.

Lancaster nodded. "The children you refused to train properly."

Nosdyn never once removed his eyes from The Senator...he was studying, looking at mannerisms, gestures anything he could use.

The Senator nodded calmly. "And you, Haidian...you are prepared to die?"

Nosdyn tensed his muscles at that point. "...The real question is...are you?" Nosdyn said in response.

It wasn't every day...a Son of the Tular Plains got to fight a Senator. He would make every moment count.

The End.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Solo Of Demon Folks.
    Reward Judgment

Rewards:

Nosdyn receives:
    2065 EXP
    225 Gold

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou's Autobiography, #1)
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    All rewards have been added.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.