EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few days later...

Nosdyn sat in his office, the last training session for the week had been the previous day's session. He was actually enjoying himself helping the children of the slums out. It was the first time since Illsandra's death had occurred he was starting to allow himself to FEEL. Something other than anguish and depression. Someone entered the room...the scent of lilacs filled the air. Pangs of longing and pain were in his heart...but for his people, for Xyllea's efforts...he would be strong for her. Illsandra would have wanted it that way. He looked up at Xyllea and had a soft smile on his face. "Thank you." He said plainly to her. He'd learned how to be honest and forthcoming from Illsandra.

She'd closed the door behind her and walked towards him. "My Lord?" She asked.

He nodded softly. "For everything. It was not just me who lost her...it was all of us. She belonged to all of us."

There, Xyllea was learning more of him...and the profound effect Illsandra had indeed had on The Demon. Dark Elfs and Demons could someday live in harmony and peace. "I have what you asked for." She said calmly and placed the item on his table. "Lancaster told me...the first session can begin in a month's time." She observed him for a moment, studying his face, his eyes...she wanted to memorize everything about him.

Nosdyn noticed that after a moment...but he did not resist. He simply allowed it to happen, he'd grown more and more comfortable with her. "I want you by my side the whole time." He said. Nosdyn had told nobody about one other matter...when Illsandra rejected him that day...that she died...something had messed up his head and his heart. But he'd been slowly recovering.

She nodded. "There is something else isn't there?" She asked.

Nosdyn looked at her. He considered how to express what he needed to say. "She rejected me that day. The day you found me in the hallway...More than once but that does not really matter." He was trying to reveal that to her...to have her, no somebody understand the pain he felt. "I'm not sure if I could have saved her or not at all...but all I do know is...it might not have mattered. I already lost her by that point."

Xyllea felt a pang of pain in her heart...to hear a Demon, a son of The Tular Plains, being so honest and forthcoming. She cried at that point for him...in front of him. Having lost someone so important as he had. She walked over towards him and stood right next to him. She placed her hand on him. "Nosdyn..." Xyllea said. Then, she kissed him.

He kissed her back with equal hunger. A moment later, he looked at her calmly. "She once said she was a failure in front of me. Because she could not have my children. I did not see back then..." There was a tremendous pain in his eyes.

Xyllea nodded. "I'm...so sorry." She said softly to him, they wept in each others arms.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-16-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A month later...

Xyllea was beginning to understand her Demon. He might never fully recover from the loss of Illsandra. But his tribe, his people...were warriors. They had the warrior's blood in them. Given everything that had transpired since the loss of Illsandra...Xyllea understood more clearly what The Lady had been trying to teach her. She'd gotten to him...she saw more than a war-scarred Demon. She saw past that, and saw him somehow. They stood at The Assembly, in front of a group of Dark Elfs that day. No one present stared at Nosdyn with any malice.

He represented hope...hope for their two great people.

Xyllea had instructed him to the best of her capacity, and he'd been an eager student. Thirsty for knowledge, always wanting more and more. She smiled at him, he wore Dark Elf attire that day. Xyllea finally understood...The Demon had accepted their ways. Completely, without prejudice or bias.

The ceremony was the first portion of many such ceremonies. It would last a month in it's entirety.

When the first session was over, Nosdyn, Xyllea and Lancaster were alone in Lancaster's office.

"You did very well." Lancaster said calmly.

Nosdyn had been a nervous wreck the entire time, he didn't want to mess up or fumble any of his words. He'd memorized everything he could of the teachings, the principles of Dark Elf law. "I was nervous." He said calmly, being honest.

Lancaster raised an eyebrow at that point. "You fought a Senator, by yourself...walked away from that and THIS made you nervous?" Lancaster was being kind though, there was no malice in his voice.

"It was the people...speaking in front of so many people." Nosdyn closed his eyes for a moment. Then opened them again. "I think she would have been proud." Nosdyn said.

Lancaster nodded softly. "Aye. She would have, Nosdyn...you're a good man never forget that. Never loose sight of yourself."

Outside on The Lancaster Estate, Nosdyn looked at Xyllea. "You helped more than you would ever know. Had it not been for you...I would have botched everything up."

She looked at her Demon. "You did very well." She said to him. "She really would have been proud you know."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The last day of rites...

A month had gone by. The children of the slums understood why the lessons were on hold by Nosdyn until the completion of this rite of passage. Long ago...when Nosdyn was growing up, The Tribunal made him slaughter his own family. They saw his Father as a threat. Nosdyn had been blind to that at the time. Somehow, this turn of events completed the cycle. When he'd become a man of his people...he'd killed his own Family on their orders. That day, in front of The Dark Elf...a different sort of transformation had taken place.

To honour the memory of his fallen wife, he'd joined their people...their fold.

The last portion of the rite, was going over the last few aspects of Dark Elf society Nosdyn needed to know. Nosdyn had memorized and taken to heart everything he could. He spoke from his heart, speaking in his honest and simple way before the people of Ettermire.

Once the last portion of the rite was upon them, Nosdyn looked up at The Speaker in The Assembly. "Nosdyn, Son of Tharak." The Speaker said calmly. "Rise, you are now officially granted the identity of a Dark Elf. You will one day unite or people."

Nosdyn nodded and he recalled the last portion of the rite he was supposed to say. "By the guidance of the moon's light. It shall be so."

Outside of The Assembly Hall, Lancaster handed Nosdyn a small packet of documents. "Formal parchments, little more. You've done very well. Nosdyn I'm proud to call you a friend."

Nosdyn nodded. At that point, he was thinking of her...as he often did those days. He wanted to be certain her memory was never forgotten. She'd changed The Demon...this had been possible because of her. Xyllea sat on the bench next to him. Nosdyn looked at her. "We did this." Nosdyn said to Xyllea. "Me and you, together."

But Xyllea knew...there would always be the hole in his heart as Llukai Lancaster had said. She knew. The Demon would never forget...he would always hold himself responsible for her death. Xyllea did the best she could to help him heal. But she knew...some injuries were too deep and bled too long to heal. It would always haunt him. "Let's go home." She said quietly. She would stand by his side always, as long as he would allow her to.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-16-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Many years later...

By that point, Llukai Lancaster was already becoming a man of his people. As Nosdyn had taught him, he was already leading the children of the slums. He'd never be incredibly intelligent because of his learning deficit...but he'd learned because of Nosdyn, they all had. Much to Nosdyn's pleasant surprise, Llukai had developed his own leadership skills because of him. Because of the teachings of his Father. Llukai was fifteen at that point. By then, Nosdyn did in fact marry Xyllea. It had taken a long time for him to find the courage to do so.

But even then, and for the rest of his life, he was haunted. When he would be alone in the late hours of night...always he would think of the one he lost. Xyllea had become aware of that fact. But did not shy away from it, she wanted to help him heal.

The next day...

Llukai Lancaster had memorized all aspects of Nosdyn's teachings and become a skilled sword-arm in his own right. He, and the other children of the slums...the older ones...looked at Nosdyn. Llukai spoke first, he was already becoming a fine young man. "General Nosdyn." He said calmly.

By then, Nosdyn had in fact become inducted into The Academy as one of her instructors by Lancaster's request. Nosdyn nodded calmly at his brother. He saw The Dark Elf people as his own family at that point. "Llukai." He said. He looked at the student calmly. "State the precepts of House Krotar, student." He said calmly.

And so it went...year after year...lesson after lesson.

Xyllea observed how far her Demon had come. By that point she had given him their first son. She also thought of Illsandra a lot at that point, but not in the same way Nosdyn did. There was pain in Nosdyn's heart...pain that would never heal. She observed her husband quietly. We did it, Illsandra. Me and you did this together, we changed him.

To the end of his days...Nosdyn would never forget the one he lost.

-The End.-
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-16-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Nosdyn receives 415 EXP and 80 GP.