EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[Solo] The Cycle completed...

(Note: Takes place many years after Tragedy and Loss and coincides with the ending events of that thread. It is also Chapter 5.)

He'd named their child Tharak, after his Father. It somehow seemed appropriate to him, Xyllea agreed to that. They did everything together those days. He was a hybrid, there was a mix of Demonblood and Dark Elf in the boy. Two very proud people. The first child Xyllea had given him, had been a son. Nosdyn was somewhat older at that point, but his people aged differently that most other races of Althanas did. Nosdyn had proven to be a surprisingly very good Father.

She observed his mannerisms with their little one. You would have been proud, Illsandra. She thought quietly to herself watching her Demon interacting with their son. She saw that he'd been patient with the child...more patient than most men would have been. The same way he'd been with Llukai Lancaster and the other children of the slums. Something was there that they had not seen up until that point. She smiled at her husband. It had all come around full circle for them all. She knew he had a way of doing things...that was simple and honest. She'd admired her Demon for that. She observed them together for a little longer.

There was a knock on the door. "Come." Xyllea said, she knew her husband's way of doing things. She would be his equal, and him hers.

It was Llukai Lancaster, he walked over towards them. "Uncle." He said to Nosdyn calmly. At that point, Lancaster had indeed made Nosdyn his own brother, part of their family. Llukai walked over towards Nosdyn and Tharak. The little one seemed pleased to see Llukai. "My Father has become sick."

Nosdyn frowned at that point...he knew Lancaster's health was failing. But he was hoping there'd be more time. Nosdyn nodded towards his student. "How long?" He asked.

Llukai, somehow understood Nosdyn's meaning. "A few months tops. He's terminal."

Nosdyn handed Tharak over to his wife and stood up at that point, walking over towards Llukai. He hugged the boy. Nosdyn had always liked Llukai, there was a strength there, a maturity. "If you need anything." He said quietly.

Llukai nodded. "I know...when the time comes...he'd want you and Xyllea there." Llukai said.

"We will be, that I promise you." Nosdyn said calmly.

When they were alone, the little one was sleeping in their bed.

He looked at Xyllea. "It will be difficult for him." Nosdyn said softly to Xyllea.

She nodded. "You always did like him." She continued. "I will be by your side when the time comes."

Nosdyn nodded, it would have been his sworn duty to Lancaster to be there.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

He'd consulted with The Undead folks in his Guild for a long time since Illsandra's death. The Priesthood had agreed to become guidance counselors of sorts for Nosdyn. He'd spoken to them often at that point. He always told his wife where he was going. She'd been present for some of the sessions. This was necessary for him to heal as well. Nosdyn found The Priesthood very accommodating in what he needed. What they all needed. The Priests had a way of doing things that reflected how far they'd also come because of Nosdyn. They also gave very good advice, said things he needed to hear. "I'm sorry it has been so long since last session." Nosdyn said quietly.

The Male Priest looked at Nosdyn, he had a soft smile on his face for his friend, his leader. "You have a little one to care for now...it's all right. We are always here anyway, you once said this was how we spend Eternity." The Priest chuckled at that softly, Nosdyn had not been terribly off base in that observation either. "What troubles you, My Lord?" He asked quietly.

"Lancaster is dying." Nosdyn said calmly. He'd often taken it upon himself at that point to help others with their own troubles and burdens in life.

The Priest nodded. "It is the natural cycle of life. Eventually, all things die." It was a profound statement, but an honest one. "You will be required to attend the funeral will you not?" He asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "Yes...it would be my sworn duty to do so."

The Priest thought of something just then. "My Lord...it has been a privilege watching how far they've changed you." He stated his feeling on the matter very carefully so as not to offend.

Nosdyn nodded. "I miss her." He admitted quietly, even then...always he would miss her. "But my pain and suffering is no longer about me. There were others affected by her passing."

Quietly, The Priest stood up and placed his hand on Nosdyn's shoulder. "Listen to me, My Lord. I swore once to you...you would never have to endure this suffering alone. I meant that...for everything you've done for us. Helping you heal, cope...it is the least I can do to help you find your way. We know lost souls, My Lord...and for a long time...you were a lost soul. Xyllea is doing the best she can, but now you have to be stronger than pain...for your son's sake." The Priest spoke the truth.

Nosdyn nodded quietly to the man. They would speak a while longer that night, he had a profound amount of trust for that man he also considered to be a Brother.

Later that night, Tharak, their son was in the crib asleep.

Nosdyn held his wife tightly in his arms. Something The Priest told him, made him realize a matter. He woke his wife up at that point. "My Lady, there is something I wish to tell you." He said carefully to her.

She stirred, and woke up shortly there after looking at her husband. "What is it?" She quietly asked.

He nodded to her. "I love you." He told her plainly, truthfully. In his way of speaking, his honest way of stating things. "You dealt with a lot from me...when she died. Nobody obligated you to do so...you stayed. And for that I will always love you." He was trying to state how he truly felt, to make up for that time his lost loved one rejected him and everything went downhill after that. "Because of her, I swore I would never fail again."

Xyllea carefully considered what she was hearing. There was no desperation in this, no malice just the honest truth. Something he'd been trying to tell her for a long time and he'd only then found the courage to do so. There, in their own bed...they were just a man and a woman who loved each other. Their races did not matter. "I love you too." She said quietly in response. She knew his pain would always be there...but she also knew...he was sincerely putting a gods forsaken effort to heal from that pain. She admired him for that...she always would.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A month later...

He'd awoken in a cell. The woman who claimed she was Illsandra's Sister was looking at him, that same malice was there. Nosdyn's whole body hurt, he had no idea how long he'd been out for. His visioned focused and he looked at her.

She nodded. "You're awake now." She folded her arms across her chest. "You're going to be held responsible for my Sister's death."

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "Did you not listen? She killed herself." At that point, he was starting to become very angry...but he found himself holding back because of everything that had transpired.

She looked at him, that malice was there. "You're a Demon. Son of the Tular Plains. Did you really think you could kill my Sister and get away with it?"

He was confused by that point, he had no idea why any of this shit was even happening. But hatreds, racism...that he did understand. He suddenly understood what that, in particular, was about. "Because of what I am...you would turn a blind eye to the truth?" Everything he had worked so hard to build, to recover some of his humanity back...it was all going to shit because of her. He accepted his fate at that point.

She suddenly hit him very hard, across the face she had a similar augmented object to what that guard hit him with. "You don't belong here, Demon." She said and on top of the malice, there was hatred in her voice at that point.

Nosdyn, used to dealing with incredible amounts of pain...submitted to his fate.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "Fight back!" She yelled at him "You killed my Sister but now don't want to fight back against me?" She laughed at that point.

Days. It had been days. He held back because of Illsandra and Xyllea. Everything they'd taught him. If...this was his fate he had accepted it would be so. He'd stopped talking days ago. He knew hatreds, he knew racism...if this was going to be his end he accepted it. He'd grown numb at that point. .

"If you will not defend yourself, the next time you wake up will be at your execution." She threatened and knocked him out with the same augmented object.

While he was under...he saw her. He saw Illsandra's ghost. She walked up to him. "Be strong." She said softly to him.

When he became aware again...he was at a gallows. No audience present...no friends...nobody would come to save him. He'd die that day...a dog's death. A traitor's death. Illsandra's sister was present along with a single Executioner, and a Priest. Likely to read him his last rites. He sighed. Father...I failed us. He thought quietly to himself, completely defeated. He would not look away from his fate, he would not shy away from the fact he was going to die.

She walked up to the gallows and looked up towards him. "You are going to be held responsible for her death, this I swear."

Nosdyn didn't care anymore. He just nodded quietly his will to fight was gone at that point. He'd been defeated by racism, not on the field of battle in a distant land. It was cold, angry racism. It wasn't The Champion's death his Father always promised him. The thought repeated itself in his head. Father...I have failed.

The Executioner prepared to swing his weapon. Nosdyn made sure to not look away from it, he would allow himself this one final act of bravery and courage. Then something happened...the axe like weapon broke in half on Nosdyn's skin. The blade portion slid to the ground Nosdyn barely felt the crack against his strong flesh.

Illsandra's sister was incredulous as she saw what happened. "What the fuck?" She looked at the Executioner.

"It broke..." He was too stunned to believe what he had just seen.

Just then...a group of people showed up on the gallow grounds. One of the men, Nosdyn recognized as being one of Lancaster's allies. "This ends right now." The man commanded. Everyone turned to look at the newcomers. "You red taped this operation...illegally I might add. Took us a bit of time to find this location." The man walked over towards Nosdyn's position. "Forgive us my lord." The man himself, removed Nosdyn's bonds.

The men were going to arrest Illsandra's Sister. But just then...

Nosdyn walked over towards her. "Her reasons were misguided but she was also hurt by Illsandra's death." Nosdyn said calmly.

Her Sister, stunned by what she was hearing looked at him. "Mercy it will be now?'

Nosdyn sighed. "You might never fully understand what me and your Sister had. But I hope someday you do...and can find peace with yourself as I have."

Nosdyn was taken home that day.

Xyllea was at the front of The Safe House waiting for him, she ran towards him. "Nosdyn!" She called her husband. "By Lloth,I was so worried, I was so scared."

Nosdyn nodded. "It's over now. I'm home." He was in a lot of pain.

"What did they do to you?" She asked, tears flowed from her eyes.

"She was going to kill me. It was one of Illsandra's Sisters. She was saying I killed her myself." Nosdyn sighed, never had he so completely accepted his fate. He was tired, tired of it all at that point. "I'm really hurt." He meant that more physically than anything else.

"The Lancaster people told me what happened. It had been over a month since you went missing..." She sighed. "I'm just glad you're home now."

"Xyllea....she blamed ME for what happened." At that point, he could not hold it in anymore, in front of his wife...he cried.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

"Xyllea...it was one of the worst things I ever went through." Nosdyn said to her quietly, trying to explain to her the severity of the situation.

She nodded quietly to her husband, they were alone in their bedroom. "She opened up the injury again did she not?" Xyllea had been crying since he first vanished from The Academy grounds. "I...I'm so sorry about this." Xyllea said quietly.

"Because of our son, because of you. I want to be strong for both of you." Nosdyn said calmly. "Llukai might never understand why had to quit."

She nodded calmly. "It's for the best...if she's going to be at The Academy and try to intimidate you periodically...it's probably for the best."

Nosdyn looked at his son, sleeping peacefully on his lap. "They used a Weapon I had no knowledge of." He told her that point.

Xyllea raised her eyebrow. "You mentioned something like that earlier...what sort of a Weapon?"

He explained it to the best of his capacity. "It was a relic or a device that could knock me out...not right away...but it would cause exceeding pain."

Xyllea was in thought. "That's...troubling." She said quietly.

"I actually thought so too. Such magics are usually N'Jals." Nosdyn said calmly. "But this particular kind...did not feel like something N'Jal's followers would use."

Xyllea nodded. "There are many mysteries in this world...but I will keep an eye out for researching pertaining to this weapon."

"Xyllea..." He said calmly. "I tried...really hard not to fight back." He had a sincere expression on his face.

She nodded calmly. "It must have been very difficult for you."

He nodded. "I remember the teachings of your people." That would have been the first time he'd called Dark Elf's "your people" instead of our people. "I didn't know what faction or group she was from...only that she had acted against me."

Xyllea noticed that interaction...what it meant. He'd been set back...the long healing and recovery process had been reset by this single, selfish woman. "You did the best you could." Xyllea was deeply concerned for her husband at that point. She would have to carefully observe him in the next few moons to see how far, that idiot, had in fact set him back...

Nosdyn kissed his son that night, and put him in the crib himself. He looked towards Xyllea. "Tomorrow...we have a promise to keep." He said calmly and slid into their bed with her.

But that worry was there in Xyllea's heart. Gods...what did that fucking woman do to him? She knew...Illsandra's sister had set him back...for gods knew how long.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The Day of the funeral...

As he had promised, Xyllea and Nosdyn would be present at Lancsater's funeral. The funeral rites would have been in accordance to Lloth burial rites. Something happened in Nosdyn's head...he saw flashes of the day of Illsandra's funeral. He kept that inside though. He knew during the funeral proceedings themselves nobody would be allowed to speak anyway. Except the Priesthood of Lloth.

One the proceedings were over, Llukai walked over towards his Uncle. "I was told what happened." He said quietly. "Uncle...you were hurt." He said to Nosdyn.

Nosdyn nodded. "It was dealt with." He said calmly. "But yes, Llukai your Father is at peace now." Nosdyn felt numb for other reasons, but he was trying to be strong for the boy. He knew Llukai would be able to see it in his eyes that he was suffering anyway. but out of respect he said nothing.

"Thank you both for being present." Llukai said to Nosdyn and Xyllea. He walked off to talk to other family members and loved ones of The Lancaster Estate.

Nosdyn looked at Xyllea. "We should probably go home now." He said calmly.

Xyllea looked at her husband. "I have one matter to take care of first, so you go back to The Safe House first. I will be here shortly." Xyllea promised.

She stormed towards her office. Xyllea was angry...her husband had forced himself to hold back despite being heavily tortured. But she would not. She kicked the door in with her Psionic's power and Illsandra's Sister looked up stunned at the outburst. "You fucking idiot." Xyllea said, she was angry at the woman...she would not have to hold back as her Husband had.

"Come again?" She asked.

"Me and Illsandra...we were healing him...you have no idea what you did to him do you?" She grabbed the woman's shirt collar at that point. "I want you to listen and understand very carefully what I am about to tell you." She had not been so angry in a very long time. "If you EVER attempt to harm my Husband again...you will hear from me. He held back out of respect for our culture, you dirty cunt." At that point, she did strike Illsandra's sister with a hard smack across the face that knocked her off her chair. "It's different when someone can fight back, is it not? You better pay close attention to what I've told you today." Xyllea took her leave at that point.

That night...

Xyllea looked at Nosdyn. "I saw her today." She said to him. No secrets...ever.

Nosdyn raised an eyebrow. "Who specifically do you mean?"

"Her Sister. I spoke to her...there was something I needed to tell her." Xyllea said truthfully.

For some reason...that did something to Nosdyn. He saw the look of concern on her face, his chest raised with excitement. Xyllea's sincere concern for him...turned him on at that point. "You were probably able to act against her since I could not." Nosdyn responded sincerely.

"I did...hopefully what I did is enough. If she got the hint she will never bother you again." She noticed his excitement, his chest rising up with hunger. She noticed the bulge in his pants. She smiled at that. "Welcome back My Lord." And she kissed him deeply and hungrily, there was no need to hold back anything anymore.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The next day was for him and his family, Xyllea and Tharak. Xyllea and Nosdyn enjoyed physical union that night...the entire night. Without rest or need for pausing, he gave himself fully to her. That single act of kindness Xyllea had given him, saved Nosdyn. He was on the verge of insanity after Illsandra's Sister tortured him. Nosdyn held Xyllea in his arms. He looked at her carefully. "You were able to act where I could not." He told her.

"I said to her...you held back out of respect for our people. That part of it she would never have known about." Xyllea said. "I have no idea what she did to you...but I made her pay for it."

Nosdyn nodded softly. "The entire month I was in the cell...I was tortured by that Weapon." Nosdyn explained. "To say the fucking thing hurts is not accurate enough. It simply just...causes pain." He told her he wanted her to understand what he had been through.

Xyllea understood, sort of. The Psionic Guild had such devices, but what he was describing sounded far more sinister than that. Xyllea was just glad...that time that she had reached him somehow. "I was so scared you would be gone forever." Xyllea said calmly.

"I know Xyllea...for that I am sorry...had I been more careful it might have not occurred." He said to her.

"She was looking to hurt you. There was no way you would have known." She sighed, holding her Demon in her arms happily. "Let's just rest today and help the little one as well."

Nosdyn nodded, he actually got up at that point, skyclad as he normally slept and went to go get their son. The little one would sleep with them together...

Xyllea observed. You would have been proud Illsandra. And slept silently with the three of them in the same bed...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Later that week...

The Military Academy training wards. Nosdyn was an instructor there by that point...he'd been given the job by Lancaster's influence. He agreed to do the job for no salary...no wages...someone had to take it upon themselves to instruct those kids. Nobody else would. The training area was a well sized training grounds, suited for several sparing partners to train at once in one session. Each time he'd held a session, there would be Dark Elf's members of The Academy...observing quietly. Some with disdain, others with their own motives. That did not stop Nosdyn from doing what he believed in. That day, a woman he never saw before observed the teachings carefully the entire time.

Nosdyn instructed, teaching them at their own pace, the teachings of his Father. When the lessons for the day were over and the students went home...the woman, a Dark Elf, approached Nosdyn. He turned to look at her calmly. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I have been watching you for some time now as I am sure you are aware." She said calmly.

He nodded. "Periodically folks come to watch...that does not matter. I have a purpose here."

She considered something. "Come to my office, I have a matter I wish to discuss with you." She handed Nosdyn a small parchment with directions to her office.

He nodded once more. "As you say."

Her office was on The Academy Grounds. She was a senior adviser to this or that Dark Elf faction. He looked at her in her office, she was agreeable. But reading the woman's last name made him uncomfortable. She was one of Illsandra's relatives. He'd never seen her before.

"Close the door." She said calmly.

He did so. And walked towards her desk.

"Keep your distance." At that point, there was malice there. She said to him. "You do not know who I am...I was not able to attend my Sister's funeral." She looked at Nosdyn with disgust in her eyes. "How long did you really think you could keep this charade up?" She asked. "My Sister wrote to me every month, she'd tell me about things that were going on."

Those were matters he had no knowledge of, but he kept his face calm. He'd learned a lot since her death. "What is your point in this?" Nosdyn asked.

She narrowed her eyes...there was a sincere hatred in her eyes. "You...should choose your next few words very carefully." She suddenly said. "Did you cause my Sister's death?"

It was like a smack to the face, slowly he'd been trying to recover from her loss. He looked at her. "You really don't know do you?" He asked of her.

She frowned at that point. "Know what part of it?"

"She died in my arms. Suicide...she'd taken her own life. Granted...I don't know the full reason of why. But she'd taken her own life." He looked away at that point emotions of anger, guilt were swelling up within him. He didn't want to do something rash.

"...That's your final word is it not?" She asked at that point.

"It is because it's the truth." Nosdyn said, he was beginning to feel extremely uncomfortable.

"That's all I needed to hear." She signaled for something at that point.

Then, a guard he never even noticed up until that point placed an augmented object against his lower back.

Nosdyn felt tremendous pain, and was knocked out immediately.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Over an hour he cried in front of her...she held him in her arms, her husband.

Over an hour straight...

She felt a pang of pain in her heart for him...Illsandra's own relatives had done this to him. She could not even imagine the hell he must have been through. She just held him against her, for as long as it took to him to feel...something again.

A week later...

Llukai looked at his Uncle. "Why, why do you have to quit now, after having gotten so far?" He was confused, he didn't fully understand The Demon's reasons.

"Some of her family accused me of Illsandra's death. It's not anything to do with you or anyone else. I just can't...I can't do this anymore." He cried in front of the boy. "You're a good kid, Llukai. You're going to go far." He said quietly. "When you're ready come with your friends to The Safe House. We will talk about the other matter there. But only when you're ready." Nosdyn had already turned in his official resignation papers after the incident happened. He stepped outside of the office and was surprised to see Illsandra's Sister there. He did not look away, or shy away from her. He merely looked at her.

"So...you're really going to quit?" She asked, this was the first time she spoke to him without malice.

"I have to. I'm no good to them being a mess mentally." He said, it was the truth.

She nodded quietly. "I'm...sorry for what happened. I acted rash and without thought." She said quietly.

He nodded. "Look, we all lost someone important that day. I'm not going to sit here and say that what you did was right or wrong. What I can say is...you hurt my recovery process. Since her death...I was healing...you set me back. Maybe for the rest of my life." Nosdyn looked at her. "Is there anything else you need to say? Cause frankly, I don't really want to hear it."

Illsandra's Sister looked at him with a serious expression on her face. "For what it's worth..I can see what she saw in you." She walked away at that point, would likely be the last time they ever talked.

Llukai walked over towards him at that point. "My Father has days left now maybe hours who knows. He would want you present."

Nosdyn nodded. "I swore to you and him I would be there....it will be so." Nosdyn took his leave of The Academy and returned home.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn never slept...it was a flaw of his people.

He kept Tharak, his son, on top of his chest and listened to his son and Xyllea's breathing. He thought back to the recent events...The Weapon that was used against him, Nosdyn was certain was not one of N'Jal's. Something else was going on there. He'd always been a skilled military tactician and the revelation of that new Weapon did in fact trouble him. Later on, he would consult with his Undead acolytes about The Weapon in question...see if they had encountered anything similar to that.

Something about what Illsandra's Sister had done to him made him have to rethink something. I've become far too reactive at this point... Nosdyn thought to himself. There's more to protect now...it's not just about me. Given the current circumstances...he could not upset the balance of his Dark Elf allies. He'd been trying...Gods know he'd been trying to be less rash, not so impulsive. For all of their sake.

Did I make a mistake somewhere Illsandra? He thought to himself.

He'd hold himself accountable in front of his Guild, the entire time...that would be certain. But for the time being he had a son to raise properly. And he had a wife to protect...