EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The next day...

Nosdyn was with his son, Tharak. He'd done everything he could with Xyllea and Tharak at that point. The little one had a fierce intelligence in his eyes. He had the blood of two great people in his body. The boy was young still, but that would change quickly. Nosdyn looked at his wife, Xyllea. He nodded to her. "There's a intellect there. He likely gets that from you." Nosdyn said calmly. Matters of the heart, had always been difficult for him...but he'd been learning.

Xyllea smiled at him. "You give me far too much credit than I deserve. There's such a thing as the military field tactics of your people." Xyllea laughed gently at that point.

But he knew what she meant, book-smarts was not the same as battlefield smarts. There was a knock on there door about midday.

"Come." Xyllea said.

Llukai Lancaster arrived...but something was wrong. He was hurt. Nosdyn immediately handed the boy over to wife and walked over towards Llukai. "Gods, what happened, student?" Nosdyn had sincere worry in his voice for the boy.

"A group I never seen before did this to me, attacked me and the students. They said it was a direct challenge to you, Nosdyn." Llukai was hurt bad.

Nosdyn nodded at his Llukai. "The other students...how many were hurt?" Nosdyn asked.

"All of them. I brought them all here, I didn't know where else to go, or who else to turn to." Llukai became serious looking at his Uncle. "Uncle...they claimed they represented The Tribunal and challenged you directly."

Nosdyn knew the boy was serious. Llukai would never lie to him. "You will get treatment for your injuries." Nosdyn said calmly. Nosdyn paced back and forth nervously after that, deep in thought for about an hour, his method of doing things. "Xyllea...I want to come with me for this." Nosdyn said calmly, stating his intentions to his wife. He would never hide anything from her. "I want you to understand how they do things, how they operate."

"I will leave Tharak with the acolytes...they will know what to do. But yes I should be there with you." Xyllea said.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn and Xyllea went over to where Llukai and the other kids were being treated. Nosdyn had not been wrong about the initial severity of the injuries.

Xyllea left Tharak with the other Acolytes, he would be well taken care of.

Nosdyn felt guilty because of what happened, The Tribunal did this to them...to hurt him. He placed his hand on Llukai's head. "Student. I'm sorry...this is my fault. They only hurt you because it would get to me." Nosdyn nodded to Llukai. "I swear to you...I will make them pay for this. Did they state where The Duel would take place?" Nosdyn asked.

Nosdyn walked with Xyllea, his wife to the location of the Duel. Was actually the park where he initially began to train Llukai and his friends. Nosdyn was angry, he had not been that angry in a long time. Come at your enemy from the side. Nosdyn thought to himself. He prepared a single torch for himself. And removed his leather vest. His chosen weapon was at his side and his wife would assist, he was certain he would not need his weapon though. Steam trailed from the lit torch. Nosdyn had not been so angry in a long time. They'd hurt his loved ones to get him.

Flashes in his mind...he recalled The Tribunal's order to him to make him kill his own Family, with his own hands. He'd been exiled as a result of those events, rage filled his heart by then, but also something else. Courage and strength, the courage and strength Illsandra and Xyllea had given him. He wore no upper body armor, revealing the proud symbols of House Krotar on his body. He did wear his cloak though. He raised the torch at that moment and roared...his challenge to The Tribunal. It was a primal scream, an almost animal-like thing.

Xyllea had never seen her husband so angry before. It...excited her.

After the roar, he threw the torch on the ground. (Translated from Haidian) "I Nosdyn, Son of Tharak am here. I have accepted your challenge, Tribunal cowards."

At that point, a single combatant appeared. A Demon of The Tribunal, but one Nosdyn had no knowledge of. "We hurt your people." The Demon said in the common-tongue. "I see you brought for us, another victim." He eyed Xyllea.

That...was all Nosdyn needed. Somehow, that sparked a greater rage than any he had ever known.

Xyllea watched...her Husband took The Demon down with his own hands. He hit him, over and over, with all the hatred and rage he could muster. She was excited at that point as she watched him. Over and over...he hit the Demon. The man had died hours earlier but that did not stop her husband.

He stood up at that point. He looked at Xyllea and nodded.

Xyllea noticed it first. "Nosdyn!" And without thinking, she released The Psionic power at the second Demon that only just then came out of hiding. She released all of the fury she could muster at the coward who attacked her husband.

Nosdyn looked back as the interloper died a moment later, overwhelmed by Xyllea's attack. He'd been impressed by her power in the past. Nosdyn had a fury in his eyes but also a lust for his wife there. He turned around once more. "Anyone else?!" Nosdyn yelled out into the night.

Xyllea kept her eyes peeled at that point for anyone else. Just then someone did appear, but in front of Nosdyn this time...that one did not attack though.

"Nosdyn, Son of Tharak..." The last one said with a profound respect for him. The last guy that appeared was clearly the leader of that party. "Your Father would have been proud." It was an elderly Demon that spoke at that point. He looked at Xyllea. "The Lady, is she your wife?" The Demon asked.

Nosdyn nodded calmly.

"You make a beautiful pairing. I will be returning back home, to The Tular Plains now. We will never bother you and your people again." The Demon said, and somehow Xyllea and Nosdyn knew the wise Demon spoke the truth.

"Elder..." Nosdyn suddenly said. "Father sends his regards." At that point, there was no more malice in his voice. The Tribunal was defeated.

The Elder nodded calmly. "Take this, Nosdyn. He would have wanted you to have it." He tossed Nosdyn a small container that held an object inside. "You fought like a Warrior-Poet and kept your clan's honour. You can be at peace now, Nosdyn Son of Tharak. When your son comes of age..he will have a throne waiting for him in The Tular Plains." At the point, The Elder gathered the two fallen Demons and they all faded away, likely heading back to The Tular Plains.

The entire battle had taken hours. Nosdyn looked at Xyllea. "Thank you, Xyllea." He said to his wife casually.

Xyllea nodded and walked over towards him, she could no longer contain her lust for him...she kissed him deeply right then and there.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-18-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Later that night...

They returned home. Nosdyn made sure he picked up his Father's heirloom that The Elder gave him. Once arriving at The Safe House, they immediately went over towards where Llukai and the other students were. Nosdyn looked at the boy calmly. "It's over." Nosdyn said very calmly. He got a chair and pulled it up to sit next to Llukai...Xyllea did the same. "We made them suffer for what they did to us."

Llukai had been sleeping at that point.

The Undead Priest walked over towards Nosdyn. and Xyllea. "You fought Tribunal Demons." He said calmly.

Nosdyn nodded. "We won." Nosdyn allowed himself a small smile at that point, but it was difficult to smile knowing the kids were hurt because of him.

Xyllea looked at him carefully. "They will recover...they are young and strong." Xyllea said.

Nosdyn knew the boy would always need strong male figures in his life...especially now that his Father was dead. He looked at his wife. And cried at that point. "They hurt these kids cause of me." Nosdyn sighed. "But...we won that matters for something."

Xyllea put her hand on the side of his face. "It will be all right. I am going to get our son, I will be waiting in our bedroom when you are ready to come back to bed with me." She said.

He nodded. He looked at The Priest. "How bad are the wounds?" Nosdyn asked.

"Some died. We did the best we could...Nosdyn...this is pretty bad, The Tribunal operates this way each time?" He asked of his leader.

"They do. I am going to be by these kid's sides as much as I can. This was my fault. Priest. When they recover, I have one final order I wish to give The Syndicate." Nosdyn said calmly, he had become a liability at that point.

The Priest had a feeling, he understood what that final order would be...but he would not voice concern over it.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Later that night...

Nosdyn had done all he could at that point for them. He returned to his bed room where his wife and their son waited. Nosdyn sat down on his bed carefully, looking at Xyllea. Tharak was sleeping in his crib. He placed his hand on Xyllea's forehead gently, she awoke at that point. "Some are dead Xyllea. Though they have no family or nowhere to go...some are dead. It's my fault." He told her how he was really feeling, there was no use or point attempting to hide how he felt, talking about things would help him cope.

Xyllea looked at her Demon at that point. "I'm sorry...The Tribunal's ways of doing things are harsh. They did this though my love. JUST to hurt you...but we beat them together me and you. We fought as husband and wife." She said in a profound way. "Come into bed with me."

In front of her, Nosdyn took off all his clothing, he knew she admired his well formed physique. He slid into their bed shortly there after without hesitation, he had grown since Illsandra's death. Xyllea helped him pick up the pieces. He pulled his wife close to him, to feel his warmth, he knew she always liked his warm touch. "Xyllea...I love you. When the kids recover I want you to know I am going to step down as leader of this Guild." He said honestly, he would never hide anything from her.

Xyllea nodded softly. "Krotar House military tactics." She said calmly. Then looked at her husband. "Nosdyn Krotar, state the precepts of Our House." She smiled at her beloved.

Nosdyn cried, but did as his companion ordered. One by one he spent all night stating The Precepts of their House. Only the most devout students of Krotar military tactics would know there were hundreds of precepts. He stated them all for her, one by one. Having completely memorized the teachings of his Father since youth.

Xyllea listened to him speak. She was also learning from him, as he stated the precepts of their House she also made the effort to learn.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Day after day since the battle took place, Nosdyn kept his promise.

He would spend as much time with the kids who did survive their fight against The Tribunal. He told Xyllea by that point, because he had honour, because he had so profoundly accepted Dark Elf laws and their way of doing things...he would hold himself responsible for those kids. Nobody else would. He sat next to Llukai one morning and watched him stirring, he awoke that day. Nosdyn smiled at his nephew. "Welcome back, boy." He placed his hand on his nephew's forehead.

Llukai Lancaster looked at his Uncle and was sincerely happy The Demon was there. "They...did horrible things to us." Llukai admitted at that point, there was a pained expression in his eyes.

Nosdyn nodded. "You fought well my student, your Father and Mother would have been proud. You kept your honour. You fought bravely against a far superior enemy that was going to do far worse to all of us had Xyllea and I not been there." Nosdyn felt the pain in his heart again. These kids were caught up in that mess because of him..he was not fit to lead anyone. He realized that at that point. This was no longer about him.

Nosdyn would stay by those kids sides for as long as it took for them to heal.

A few days later...

Llukai finally recovered. The first two people he wanted to talk to was Nosdyn and Xyllea. He entered Nosdyn's office. "Uncle." The boy said to Nosdyn.

Nosdyn looked up from his position of deep thought and he was sincerely happy to see the boy up and walking about. Nosdyn nodded to his nephew. "Some of your friends died." Nosdyn would always tell his allies the truth. "The Healers did all they could."

Llukai walked over towards Nosdyn, once again display the maturity he had within. "The Priest told me...you defeated them. You avenged us." For some reason, the boy understood the severity of what Nosdyn had done for them all.

Nosdyn nodded. "Had I not taken up their challenge...it would have never stopped." Nosdyn told them the truth. "Xyllea was with me, we made sure they would never bother us again."

Llukai said something profound at that point. "Uncle...I finally understand what you've been trying to teach us this whole time. Far more than The Precepts of Our House...you were teaching us how to lead. You cared about us where no one else would ever give a flying fuck." Llukai looked at his Uncle at that point. "As you taught us, I fought with to the best of our capacity, Uncle."

Just then...Nosdyn cried. He was so moved by what he was hearing from the boy, that he cried. Here, he thought for a long while it had been about his pain, his recovery. But that boy, Lancaster's son had also accepted his ways. A Demon of the Tular Plains. Nosdyn stood up at that point and hugged his nephew closely. "Your Father would have been proud, boy." He held the boy for a long moment. "You and your friends have a place here, in The Guild." He said quietly to Llukai. "Where others saw outsiders, rejects...I saw something else in you all. I saw hope. You kids, Illsandra, and my wife Xyllea...you all helped me get my humanity back." Nosdyn said profoundly to them all.

Llukai nodded. "I'm sure where The Lady is right now...she would be smiling down to us." Llukai said quietly at that point.

Xyllea had been nearby hearing the entire conversation, she didn't say a word, she merely listened. She smiled seeing how far her Demon had come. How far he'd grown. Illsandra...we saved him. Me and you did...together. We gave him his humanity back...maybe someday we can save all Demons. This was our victory...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few nights later...

Nosdyn sat with Xyllea and Tharak he had not yet opened the container with the Heirloom The Elder gave him. He wanted things to have calmed down a little bit before he did that. That night would have been appropriate. In front of his wife and child, Nosdyn opened the container and was surprised by what he found inside. Surface Dwellers often thought Demons were a cold and heartless lot...in some cases they'd be right. But The Elder hung on to this one Heirloom item to give Nosdyn someday as a memento of the past. Nosdyn knew what the item was immediately...a single locket style necklace his Father used to wear.

Nosdyn had not seen it in a long time and had been certain The Tribunal would have destroyed it. But no...they kept it as a keepsake of the past. He opened the locket as he saw his Father do in his youth so many times. The locket contained the only known visual record of Nosdyn's Mother. Nosdyn's life had come around completely full circle at that point. His Mother, had been the one Demon that he had not had to kill by The Tribunal's order. She'd been dead many years prior to that from a different situation. As would have been appropriate, Nosdyn, displaying the sheer amount of humanity and understanding he had gained placed the necklace around his wife's neck and clasped it around her.

"My Mother." Nosdyn explained. "Father always told me she'd been dead since I was very young. He never told me why though." Nosdyn told her very softly. He remembered something Illsandra once told him. "My people are war-scarred and battle-hardened tribe. But you and Illsandra saw something else." Nosdyn said quietly to her. "My Father never revealed to me the why of it...but it does not matter anymore." He said calmly to her. "I want you to always wear that."

Xyllea cried. It was the single most beautiful thing anyone had ever given her. She touched the locket gently, for some reason it retained the warmth of Nosdyn's people. She hugged her husband at that point. "Me and you...we've come so far together."

"She's watching us someplace...I'm sure of it." Nosdyn responded quietly, he was speaking of Illsandra. "I am certain you have much more to teach me and I have things to teach you as well."

She nodded to her Demon. "Nosdyn...you once asked me if I saw a Monster in you." She placed her hand on the side of his face. "From the day you saved me...a lowly apprentice...I never saw a Monster. I saw my Champion." She said truthfully, and she kissed him very deeply.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Epilogue...

Many years into the future...

Tharak Son of Nosdyn had been given the blessings of his Father. He looked at his companions, some of them were Dark Elfs and a few were fellow Demons that had agreed to join him in his journey. The one Dark Elf that was his closest companion since his early youth was Llukai Lancaster. By then a General of The Dark Elf military. They were all on The Tular Plains of that time period.

"This is crazy you know." Llukai told his leader. But he was going to see this through to the end.

Tharak nodded calmly. "My Father taught me...fortune favours the bold sometimes. I've been memorizing Krotar Precepts since I learned how to talk." The halfbreed looked at Llukai a moment. "For what it's worth, I'm scared too."

"Uncle told me once...you have a Throne waiting for you here." Llukai said calmly. "Maybe a far greater destiny exists here too."

"Whatever challenges we will face in there...in their Kingdom. We will face it together." Tharak said calmly.

Llukai understood at that point what Nosdyn had been teaching them all along. Their two great people...weren't so different. He shook the hand of his friend...no calling Tharak a friend would not have been proper enough. He shook his Brother's hand.

And together...they all marched on The Demon kingdom of Nosdyn's youth...

-End-
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Thread Title: The Cycle Completed
    Judgment Type: Rewards

Nosdyn receives:

599 EXP
    221 GP

Rewards to be added soon.
    Last edited by Tyr; 11-19-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    All rewards have now been added.